News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

3D

• 7 Replies

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
3D
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »
Uncharacteristically, today I found myself in a “big box” AV retailer and watched 3D TV for the first time.  As if anticipating my visit, they were showing women’s beach volleyball.  The realism was stunning.  Extra props to the Gods of heat and humidity on event day.  Does anyone plan to film erotic wrestling in 3D?  The volleyball was of course filmed to show the big picture, so just imagine seeing tight close ups of two life-like intertwined wrestlers, like you’re standing on top of them.   Talk about game-changer. 

Offline jonnyyuma

• God Member
  • always looking
Re: 3D
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
   3D would be interesting. I wouldnt mind if they had a catfighting game for X box. Rumble rose is ah, but if they took that and made it more like RAW vs SMACKDOWN, Itd be alot better. But 3D interesting thought.
jjb

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:43 AM »
I think and hope you're right, Ofecteau.  Given the inevitable delay in mass commercialization, I'm confident DWW will have women at the time who are worth having a more intimate look at.

I wasn't aware of the adverse reactions, Stevonidas.  Pop some Dramamine?  I did notice that the price of the monitor I was looking at wasn't much more than some higher-end HDTVs of similar size.  I think content is the bigger issue.  With little to watch few people will buy sets, and with few sets out there there's little incentive to produce more content.  What they need to do is to publicize it enough so that when people are buying new sets anyway, they buy 3D just to be future proof.  Five years sounds about right; something to look forward to.

Offline Paulzzy

• I love catfights!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:45:11 AM »
 Hello, allow me to weigh in on the topic, as I have a 3D TV (the Samsung 55" with the annoying tv commercial).

The remote has a "3D" button that will convert any HD feed to "3D"-and I have watched HD downloads, as well as sports, in 3D mode.

First of all, there's "real 3D"-which most of the hollywood 3D movies are in.  None that I have seen are that great.  The depth perception is noticeable, but you won't be ducking out of the way of flying objects.

Then there's "IMAX 3D"-which is awesome.  The underwater stuff will have you trying to grab the fish swimming around outside of your TV!

Now here's the problem with catfight/wrestling videos in 3D.  The magic of 3D is in the camera angles.  The action has to move right at the camera for the full effect.  The wrestling downloads I've watched in 3D mode definitely show more depth, but only when one girl is in front of the other.  The only time during the action that it "works" is when an arm or leg flys towards the camera.

I doubt we'll see 3D wrestling vids soon, unless they are highly staged to get the shots right, which I doubt DWW will do, especially in light of apparently lagging sales across the board.

Offline Capital City Catfights

• Approved Producers
  • God Member
  • Capital City Catfights
    • Capital City Catfights Website
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:38 AM »
At CCC we are not doing 3D, but we do film in HD, and we are working on a membership site where you can stream the matches without downloading them.

That means your Iphone, Ipad and Droid can give you great catfight material on the go.

To me, 3D would be a different camera to film with, and right now, many companies are just venturing into HD.

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:18:06 AM »
Hello, allow me to weigh in on the topic, as I have a 3D TV (the Samsung 55" with the annoying tv commercial).

The remote has a "3D" button that will convert any HD feed to "3D"-and I have watched HD downloads, as well as sports, in 3D mode.

For what's available, would you say it's been worth it thus far?

Offline Paulzzy

• I love catfights!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
 No.  I barely use the 3d mode, but the TV is excellent in regular HD.  It's LED, not LCD.  The TV is 3/4" thick and on a swivel stand.  I'm waiting on my cable company to come out with a 3D box-they already have unused channels for 3D, but no programming yet.

ESPN has 3D, but you need THEIR set top box in addition to your cable box-screw that.

The 3D medium could go either way in the next couple years.  Depends on what programming they're willing to do.  I understand some older movies are being converted over.  I seriously doubt wrestling videos will go there.

I would wait before buying one.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:26:05 PM by Paulzzy »

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:53 AM »
Thanks, Paulzzy.