News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

3d Question

• 9 Replies

Offline wm1776

• God Member
3d Question
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
Hi everyone.  I am trying to create a catfight scene in 3d using Poser 8.  Does anyone know how I can create a scene where one girl is ripping the pants or shirt off of another.  In other words, I don't want the pants to fit at the hip, rather I want them to be lower on the body as if they were being pulled off.  I would also like to add a tear or two on some of the clothing, but I don't know how.  I hope this makes sense.  If you have any questions just ask. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Lisa Ann

Re: 3d Question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »
The easiest way is to actually draw the clothing on after you set the poser characters and render it. That probably sounds like a cop out but the real answer would be that you have to know which clothing pieces you want to alter then get a program like Hexigon 2 and alter them, that isn't easy but it is a way to do it, you can some times use Bryce for this but more than likely you will need a program like Hexigon or 3d Studio Max.  They aren't cheap but they can do the alterations.  Some of the newer offerings from the web do offer some morphs that will show this but then you are spending money, New Age and Hongyu both offer some clothing pices that would do what you want you're going to have to go through their shops and find what you want though.

Hope this helped just a little.  feel free to ask if you have other questions, if I can help I will.

Lisa
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:12:10 PM by Lisa Ann »

Offline wm1776

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »
Hi everyone, thanks for the help so far.  Lisa Ann, were can I find New Age and Hongyu's clothing pieces that you described in their shop.  Is it on Daz3d's website or somewhere else?  Also, when you say draw the clothing on, do you mean using poser 8 or some other software product?

Thanks

Offline Lisa Ann

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43:51 AM »
Panther got it up there for you there are a few others but you'll have to hunt them down in Renderosity, I don't think I've ever seen a lot of the morphings away from the body on DAZ.  Oh, and BTW the freebies section of Renderosity is quite extensive and you can find all sorts of backgrounds and settings like rooms and such even found an anubis temple in there someplace.  One last hint don't get in a hurry, pay attention to sideward motions on elbows and knees always twist and bend them properly, I have found that a lot of the freebies and even some pay for pose purchases are bent wrong and look really shoddy, take your time and do them yourself.  Besides, for me it makes me feel like I created the scenes rather than borrow them.

Offline wm1776

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone!

Offline Lisa Ann

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:20:10 AM »
Sorry I was still asleep when I answered that but it was 3D Age and the store can be found here http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?Start=1&vendor=545677&category=allitems

Lisa

Offline wm1776

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
Does anyone know why some of my downloaded content will not show up in poser 8.  It shows up in the library menu inside poser, but when I go to drag it onto Victoria 4, nothing happens.  I have Victoria 4 base model, but not the 3d model morphs ++.  Could that be the problem?  Does most of the content require the morphs?  I've been putting the downloaded content into this file path: computer>ACER (C:)>Program Files x86>Smith-Micro>Poser 8>Downloads>runtime>libraries>Props.  I am very new to this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Lisa Ann

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 06:41:28 AM »
You sound like you very new at this.  Do you have the manual that came with the program?  Even if you don't you can use the help section that loaded with the program to discover how to load the clothing.  Unless 8 is really different from 7, you don't drag anything from the library to the figure you click on it twice or use the + at the bottom of the library to load it.  Once loaded you have to conform the clothing to V4.  Look up conforming clothing.  if the clothing is Dynamic you have a whole new set of rules to learn.  I would advise learning to use conforming clothing first and once done, then experiment with Dynamic.  I won't try to teach anyone on an email basis so read the manual and take your time.  Rushing will get you really disappointing results.  Try something a  bit simple first.  Good luck and I promise if you rush this and try to do something difficult you will only become disappointed and most likely give up.  Don't let that happen.

Lisa

Offline The Wicked

• Don't be shy! Say hi!
    • Wicked Works
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
I don't use Poser, but Daz. Regardless, I may be able to help.

Content not showing in the folder:

Your filepaths seem to look alright to me. I know this sounds silly, but did you unpack everything included with the zip file? Second, is the add-on installed from a .exe application? If you have to install an add-on (installation wizard window), I highly recommend changing the path to your desktop, then manually dragging the folders to their proper homes. If you use Windows 7, a little annoyance called "UAC" may be the culprit.

In regards to the morphs on the clothes, it shouldn't be an issue at all. You'll just have dials at your disposal that don't have a very good use until you get the morphs for Vicky.

Clothes removal:

Again, I use Daz, but when you add an article of clothing, find your parameters (where morph dials are located) and look for a button labeled "Fit to." By default, most clothing will automatically fit to Vicky upon adding them. By setting this button to "None," you're free to pose the clothes just as if you were posing Vicky. Second, with clothes being ripped off, you'll take an interest in learning about what are called "Deformers." I don't have a good link, but simply Google "deformers poser how to" and you should find what you need.

Deformers are little gadgets that connect to the vertices that make up a model. By defining the area of effect and where the deformer is located, you can probably fashion clothing being pulled away from a body in a rather basic but effective way.

If these don't help, or if you have any other questions, feel free to email me at tdfotw@gmail.com

I would link you to my site, but I've come under the impression its tastes clash with this forum's.

Good luck, happy rendering, and modt importantly have fun!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:11:06 PM by thewicked »
For more of my work, please visit my blog. A word of warning...it is polluted with transgender content!

www.3dwickedworks.blogspot.com

Leave me a comment or a shout if you visit!

Offline wm1776

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
Thanks for the help!