News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Throwback Thursday

• 4 Replies

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
Throwback Thursday
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:24:37 AM »
Howard started this; Laurie got me thinking about regularly bumping up a favourite story; a couple of rules
* only one story per person per week
* authors can not bump up their own stories.
* to be eligible a story must be at least a year old, not commented on for at least six months and have had at least 1000 views ( a rough test of popularity)

Go for it people..the mod team may even (depending on your comments) create a hall of fame for the best ever or most popular stories.

Let us know what you think
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
Re: Throwback Thursday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:38:33 AM »
Kicking it off myself with one of my favourite stories http://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php/topic,6372.msg34845.html#msg34845 thank you Supporturgoddess for always excelling
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline Kayla

• God Member
  • Who needs balls when one has boobs?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
This is a great idea, Jenn!  ;D As for this hot oldie you linked, maybe would be great to post a link to Part 2 (The conclusion) as well?  ::)

Hugs
Kayla
Naughty - but oh, so NICE! :-)

Offline Kellyanne47

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
Jenn,
What a really good  idea. Thanks to you howard and laurie for thinking this up. Using the criteria you've defined just makes good sense and such a well thought out way to bring back quality older stories.
 i'm thinking the same as kayla, maybe consider sharing the link to Part 2  ...?

KellyAnne

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
Why the popularity criteria? Should not just the fact that someone felt an older story is worth a mention be enough?

And views may not mean popular. Just because I viewed a story does not mean I LIKED it. A story with a vague tagline like "Clash of the Titans" will likely get more curiosity views than a story title that clearly states it is a titfight between two 40 year old women. All non titfight fans...not reading it. They may view "Clash" but realize three lines in it is not their thing. It can be the exact same story but one will likely get more views because of the title. Also a story in one part with 800 fans will get fewer views than a 5 part story with 200 fans that view the thread after each part. Does that make the 5 parter more popular?

I would suggest losing the popularity criteria because, honestly, to even post a criteria like that is rather hurtful and discouraging to writers in my opinion. Instead of hurrah for old popular stuff maybe bringing up some stories one feels may have been ignored might be a good idea as well?