News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

There Is No Crying In BaseBrawl!

• 74 Replies

Offline lilfightingcutie2

• God Member
Re: There Is No Crying In BaseBrawl!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »
Gawd Laurie you really are the most amazing writer!!! I loved the story start to finish and everything about ya writing was amazing. Well cept for the ending lol. We all know I so woulda kicked Sadies cute butt all over the baseball field (lol love ya cutie sis!) Thanks so much for sharing ya amazing talent with us all. LOVE YOU LAKOTA SIS!!!!

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
Where do I begin
Red Enforcer,
Im not sure that the clip from Citizen Kane is that appropriate; if I remember rightly Orson is clapping hard to give his wife support after what was her failed opera debut. Great clip though.
Ms Laurie didn't fail

Shhh, no one here is supposed to have seen Citizen Kane, much less recognize Orson Welles. I know it's out of context, but I felt the emotion of pure support Welles had on his face mirrored mine.

Why is no one supposed to have seen Citizen Kane or recognise (sp!) Orson Welles.  I have one word for you
Rosebud.
And one comment for everyone who watches movies
Sometimes the credits can give you almost the whole meaning of the movie
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=citizen+kane+rosebud&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZCNNUofPMsbZige2-IC4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CK4BEIke&biw=1440&bih=752&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=qfOuOmC8f-AZlM%3A%3BR7jRZrD2XTx6FM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F4.bp.blogspot.com%252F-G8Ed2ZXmRC8%252FTWMILCxbYyI%252FAAAAAAAAAHc%252FaldtIBCY1ks%252Fs1600%252FScreen%252Bshot%252B2011-02-21%252Bat%252B7.47.25%252BPM.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ftaylor-andre.blogspot.com%252F2011%252F02%252Fputting-puzzle-together-in-citizen-kane.html%3B969%3B724
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »
Well anytime I mention old movies or tv shows or songs around the younger folks I work with, I get that glazed over, almost zombie-ish look.  I work with some people who worn born after I graduated high school. Ugh.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline peccavi

• God Member
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »
Red
I sympathise. I am not quite to that stage yet but there are work experience kids in their last year in high school on placement starting next week and they were not born when I finished high school.

Mind you one of my cousins is in a unique experience, there are people in his profession who were not born when he started in it about 30 years ago and yet there are - he says - one or two people he deals with who tell him that he was not born when they started in the profession!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2013, 04:15:00 AM »
Red
I sympathise. I am not quite to that stage yet but there are work experience kids in their last year in high school on placement starting next week and they were not born when I finished high school.

Mind you one of my cousins is in a unique experience, there are people in his profession who were not born when he started in it about 30 years ago and yet there are - he says - one or two people he deals with who tell him that he was not born when they started in the profession!

I actually have that as well. Well not for long. We have one programmer who is about to retire who started working with punch cards back in the 60s. And a couple of other people who are old enough to be my mother/father. It's the young ones that make me feel old.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline peccavi

• God Member
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:56 AM »
my vote for Throwback Thursday.

Offline Fw190 A

• More cowbell!
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »
It really is a great choice. I love Laurie's stories

Offline Agraf

• God Member
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
I have a modicum understanding of baseball rules, so I'm not a good judge on that.

But I have read a number of gang fights by various authors, and I even tried my hand at it. I couldn't find anything wrong in the "who's doin' what to whom" side. It's damn difficult to do this, particularly in a long story such as this.

I read it line by line, so my jaw dropped when you wrote there's a follow-up in the oven.

Thank you for the well written story, with perfect and realistic background. Thank you for the time you'll spend the next chapters of this (I expect) book-to-be.

Offline peccavi

• God Member
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
Laurie
pay attention to Agraf's message above. There is no escaping. You must write that follow up story. Soon.

Your public demands it

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
Laurie
pay attention to Agraf's message above. There is no escaping. You must write that follow up story. Soon.

Your public demands it

Oh I second that......a follow up would be really neat......if we don't see it soon we're coming after you :P
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

Offline peccavi

• God Member
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »
my choice for Throwback Thursday - a day early.

It's a great story that needs to be aired once more

Offline leslie k

• God Member
  • property of Miss Kim
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 06:39:17 AM »
Terrific story! I love baseball and I loved A League Of Their Own. The writing is so descriptive and realistic, it's like we're there at the ballpark watching the game and the fight!

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
  • I'm in yer face, bein' all bratty 'n whatnot
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2015, 06:17:10 PM »
my choice for Throwback Thursday - a day early.

It's a great story that needs to be aired once more

Wow, thanks Ms. Jenn! It's an honor to have my basebrawl story showcased for Throwback Thursday. I had so much fun writing it 'n have to thank all my wonderful friends for letting me use them in the story:

Jonica, Lil Sara, Marie B, Ms Jenn Peccavi, Justine, Kayla, Jessika, Sadie, T aka Tony, Stormbolt7 (Stormy Storms)

The Silk Stocking Girls: Heidi Foster, Ami (lilfightingcutie2), Kasia, Maya, Jess, Steph, Natasha, Stevie Foster

YOU ALL TOTALLY ROCK!!!  ;)  :)

Okay, even though it's Sunday 'n not Thursday, I want to nominate a lot of phenomenal stories for all y'all to read... not just on Throwback Thursday either. Go hunting for ANYTHING in the Stories Section written by Peccavi, Jonica, Marie B, Stormbolt7, Lilfightingcutie 2. You totally won't regret it. I swear you won't! You can trust me.  ;)

hugggzzz 'n xoxo

~Laurie~
We're on a circuit of an Indian dream
We don't get old, we just get younger
When we're flying down the highway
Riding in our Indian Cars

Offline Braveheart1

• Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel (1906-1947)
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
Great to hear from you again Laurie! And I agree ... do a search on anything by those writers mentioned. You'll be glad you did ...

//Braveheart
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
  • I'm in yer face, bein' all bratty 'n whatnot
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »
Great to hear from you again Laurie! And I agree ... do a search on anything by those writers mentioned. You'll be glad you did ...

//Braveheart

Thanks Braveheart! Great to be back 'n to hear from you too!  :-*

I'm adding another awesome writer to my 'recommended for a wonderful read' list..... the man called Braveheart1 and his 'Welcome To Sandbridge' series!

Also Howardcosell for his epic fighting series where you just might see a bunch of us raising some serious hell! ;)

So what are ya waiting for?! Start reading!
We're on a circuit of an Indian dream
We don't get old, we just get younger
When we're flying down the highway
Riding in our Indian Cars