News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Kelly and her friends 16 All's well that ends well

• 3 Replies

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
Kelly and her friends 16 All's well that ends well
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »

ch 16 All's well that ends well

"Peter, this isn't going as well as your business launch,” Michael Tippet wasn't telling me anything I didn't already know. The organisation was the problem.

I shook my head, looking round the room- only two thirds full. We were at what Kelly told me was the annual New Globe Oktoberfest, though it was unlike any Oktoberfest I’d ever seen. There was no German band, not much wine, very little no beer and next to no German food. This year at any rate “Oktoberfest” was just a name for one of the main fundraisers for the theatre company for which Kim worked. “No, and yet it was professionally organised.”

“Where is the merchandise? I know the theatre company has everything from wine glasses to clothing, from calendars to coffee mugs.”Merchandise like that was always for sale at every fundraiser. This should have been no exception.

“Perhaps we can ask Kim?” I replied, waylaying the passing actress. She was rather more demurely dressed than usual, with a turtleneck long sleeved cream top and a navy skirt. She wore minimal jewelry- small earrings and a gold necklace. She carried a large box in her hands. “We were wondering where all your promotional merchandise is?”

She made a wry smile.“I'm carrying a lot of it Peter.” She turned to Michael,“How are you? It's really lovely to see you. I'm so glad you came.”

I pouted in jest, “What about me? Aren't you glad I came?”

“You had to come, Kelly's agency is a major sponsor of the New Globe. You do what she tells you to. You had no choice. Michael did.”

It was true that Kelly’s agency was a sponsor. That was true and it explained why so many of the firm's staff and clientele were there. Kelly herself was the reason so many of our friends were there; sensing a looming disaster a fortnight or so out from the event when she saw the sparse RSVP's she'd done her usual phone around, cajoling, wheedling, persuading as many people- of the “right sort” as she could to come to the event. The right sort who'd donate at least a few hundred dollars and buy some more merchandise.

But the merchandise wasn't around. That was what Kim was remedying.. She like all the other actors and actresses, the New Globe's director and producer -in fact everyone the public might recognise as being from the company had a role. Her's was selling the merchandise- if it were on display.

She turned back to Michael. “ Hey handsome! Give me some help here! I need to carry a whole stack of boxes and then set them up over there next to that davenport.” She indicated with her head. “That's where we’ll be selling, it should have been set up before the event started but the stuff was delivered to the wrong room. We had to fetch it. It’s all in the kitchen now.”

“Do you want me to help too?” I said.

“Of course I do, Peter. Go over to the kitchen and grab some of the boxes there. Bring them here. Michael can you help me set up?”

I smiled wryly, Kim had got Michael to herself without being at all obvious. As I'd said to Kelly the last time I saw them together Kim seemed seriously interested in Michael.

I was making my third trip over to the kitchen to pick up the merchandise when Kelly paused me. “ I am so furious. I have always handled this event. Always. And it has always been well organised.“ She paused her tirade. “Peter let me help you lets go over together and pick the boxes up and come back.

I nodded and we walked over to the kitchen. On the way back I asked, “What happened this year Kelly?” My girl was white, a sure sign she was angry. She needed to get it out before something worse happened, even if I suspected I might like to see the something worse.

“This year they –the partners- decided to spin off an event management team. The firm wanted to expand, to market events more. So the partners created a new group and seconded staff to it. So now we have an event management team at Vaughan Herbert and Donne. And it's headed up by an idiot! Even so, for some events its gone well. But not this one! Not the one cultural charity event Vaughan Herbert and Donne sponsors. Not the one that normally gives the firm much good PR, not the one covered by all the papers, even TV. Not the one that gets our name out showing just how much Vaughan Herbert and Donne does for culture in Chicago. No not this one. They give this one-the most important one to some cheap slut I can't stand. And of course she didn't come and ask me for my notes on how to do this.”

"Did you offer to help; to give her your notes? No?” Kim looked up from arranging a display.“Thanks guys, put them over there.” she pointed.

Kelly's mouth dropped. She turned on her heel. “Peter we still have more boxes to get.” She marched off. I suppressed a smile. Kim and Michael exchanged winks. I caught up with a still furious, muttering Kelly. Somehow I always thought Kelly even more beautiful when she was annoyed. That night was no exception. Her long black dress was conventional enough, though the plunging neckline and the shoulder pads lifted it out of the norm just that bit to make it exciting. Her pearl necklace and earrings showed her impeccable- if expensive taste. But it was the whitened face beneath her tan, her slightly heaving breasts that made her stunning “ I don't believe that little tramp butted in! How dare she? Peter did you know that self centered arrogant slut, that “adequate” repertory actress from nowhere had the audacity to make a play for my brother?”

“Alexander?”I mentioned the name of Kelly's single brother, the middle child of the three Haldane siblings, Kelly being the youngest.

“No Richard, before he was married. Kim appeared overnight just like a toadstool. She was a success in some play, I don't remember which and from nothing she was the toast of the town- or at least of the theatrical community. Now you know my family are great supporters of the New Globe”. I nodded, her uncle Jack Loreburn was a trustee, her brothers were active fundraisers; I had seen both of them here tonight.

“Well,” Kelly continued, “Richard met Kim at some backstage party. In no time the bitch had her claws into him. I had to warn her off in rather physical terms. Yes that's how I met the tramp. Imagine that non entity thinking she could marry my brother, at best she might make a good mistress.”

“Hush dear, do you want everyone to hear?” I hastened to quieten her. Much as I wanted to hear more, I didn't want everyone at the function to know her family's secrets.

Kelly looked at me, then smiled. She kissed me. “You're quite right. Let's get these boxes over to the minx.”

We walked back. Kim and Michael had set up a stall and were doing a brisk trade. I smiled. Michael had the best end of the deal; everyone knew Kim and he was smiling as Kim introduced him and made much of him.

Kelly was still too furious to do more than dump the boxes and walk off. “I've got to see about organising some of this mess.”

Michael asked me to help sort the boxes out. I did so. There was a lull in the sales for the moment and again he complained about the organisation- or lack of it. “Wendy Griffiths did the job so much better at your function.”

“Michael, just stop talking about that trailer trash.” Kim interrupted.  “Yes she did an OK job- no more than any half competent person would have.She didn’t do it all- someone else had done the hard work. In any case Wendy only got the chance because she opens her legs. She got the job because she’s Vic’s whore. The job wasn’t advertised, she had no competition. Ask Peter here.”

“What have you got against Wendy?” Michael asked surprised by Kim's vehemence .

“She's a low class fighting bitch. Look how she started that fight with those two girls after the Cubs game. Again Peter will tell you. She was drunk, she was making a nuisance of herself and she picked a fight. She lost. And that's another thing, she's aggressive, bitchy but she can't fight for shit! She'd have lost big time if Elena Savoy wasn't there. She's a dumb blonde!”

“Oh, really.” Michael looked at her. “Did you know she's doing a business studies course at De Paul University? She's only doing typing and that sort of office work till she graduates.”

Kim flushed, she looked back at Michael. “How do you know that?”

“I had a good chat with her when she was selling merchandise at Peter and Vic's CD launch.”

“I bet she talked about her favorite subject- herself all the time!” Kim pouted. “Why are we talking about Wendy Griffiths anyway? Men! ”

Michael looked at Kim, whose eyes seemed unusually bright. He suppressed a half chuckle. “Oh” He hugged her quickly. “I promise I won't talk about her again tonight.”

”Who’s Wendy Griffiths? “ A very tall blonde asked.

“Someone who’s not here.”Kim answered brusquely. “Like to buy some merchandise and support the New Globe?”She added more sociably .

“No thanks, I’m making sure you’re alright, that you have everything you need. Yes I’m one of the organizers. Sorry about the mixup with the venue. The hotel changed it at the last moments. “ She looked at the almost empty trading table and then at the unopened boxes I’d just carried over. “Do you need some help unpacking?”

“No thanks.”Kim answered shortly. “We’re right.”

The blonde walked off.

Michael turned to Kim, “But you just asked me to stay and unpack and you turned down her offer."

“Do I need to spell things out to you Michael? Men!” Kim sighed. Her shoulders sagged.

Michael hugged her again. Kim turned her face up and back a little. Michael took the broad hint and kissed her lips.

“I'll leave you two alone.” I went off to find Kelly. She was talking with her brother Richard and his wife. If I'm more than a little in awe of Kelly - and I am, it’s nothing compared to awe I have for her brother. First of all he is physically a big man-more like a grizzly bear than any successful businessman in Chicago should be. He towers over people, me included.

But its his intellect that towers higher. Not only is he a successful biochemist with a string of patents to his name, he is part time philosopher who has published several books. He also plays several musical instruments and probably could have made a career as a conductor- he has conducted several amateur ensembles. Withal that he had the rare ability to listen as if you were the most important person in the room, and to remember almost exactly what you said which when he repeated it weeks later could be very disconcerting.

As I chatted with him and Kelly I was surprised by Kelly's earlier news that Kim and he were a couple; or at least Kim wanted them to be. For all of his brains, his social standing, his interest in theatre, he always seemed to me to be a most dominant character, rather like Kelly was herself. And I knew how Kim rankled at being – as she put it-under Kelly's thumb. She'd have been much more subservient to Richard than she ever was to Kelly.

Astonishing-at least to me- his wife was never overawed. But that may have had a lot to do with her own ability and ancestry. A Boston Brahmin –she could trace her forbears back to the Mayflower , and count among them university professors, governors of Massachusetts, a couple of signers of the Declaration of Independence, Civil War generals and much more- she was in her own right already a renowned painter.

After a few politenesses Richard too was complaining about the event.“Kelly, its not like the ones you organise, there’s not enough food and drink and what there is, isn’t the right sort. You cater for a cocktail party, this is more a vicarage high tea- and not very high either. And there was no merchandise when we came in. Yes I can see there is now. But way too late. This reflects badly on the family. And on your firm. It may not be your fault but it's just not good enough. I can say this here with only you Peter and Monica here.”

Kelly whitened as she always did when angry. Richard must have noticed. He looked around “And there's Kim over there, haven’t seen her in ages.”He turned to his wife. “Monica, Kim is one of the leading actresses here, you've seen her act- her last appearance was as Paula in the Second Mrs Tanqueray. She's an asset to the New Globe, I've known her for years. Indeed she's something of an old flame. I'd like to introduce you to her.”

Kelly whitened, “To have Richard dump on us! Too right its not good enough.”She gulped. To her Richard wasn’t just her elder brother, some day he would be Head of the Family and if Kelly worshiped anything it was her illustrious family. I knew Richard’s good opinion was worth far more to Kelly than my opinion. There were Haldanes and a few others –some Boston Brahmins perhaps- and then there was the rest of humanity.

"I'll have words with that bitch,” she whispered, I wondered who ‘that bitch' was but had no chance to ask Kelly looked at her watch and added,” later. Richard, Monica, you’ll have to delay your little assignation with Kim. Our guest of honour is due to arrive. Peter go find Henry.“

Kelly hustled them over to the main entrance. I did as I was told. We were all lined up in the lobby outside the function room when Olivia Laurence arrived.

I knew of the famous Ms Laurence- anyone involved even in the slightest in Chicago’s performing arts milieu knew of her: the most distinguished alumni from the New Globe, she had an international career and had only a short time returned from a few years in England where she had been a major star with the Old Vic and had appeared in several English films and TV films. The critics called her the American Emma Thompson. She lived up to that title- she wasn't just a supremely talented actress with a wide range- from comedy to Shakespeare, she was -at times – an hilarious, bawdy goofball.

Hers was the only name Kelly ever dropped. And it seemed when Olivia walked in that she did indeed know Kelly well. They embraced, they chatted for a few moments like the old friends Kelly had always claimed they were.

I took those moments to watch the famous actress a little more closely. She was indeed tall- as tall as I am, with large brown eyes set in an almost perfectly oval face. Her slightly olive skin told of an Hispanic background while her clothes spoke of impeccable if somewhat conservative taste. I guess she'd dressed for the occasion. She was lean and fit- I remembered that she did all her own stunts herself in her films .

Kelly turned and introduced Henry then me. Olivia was gracious, spending a moment with each of us. I stifled the temptation to bow. That would have been too much. Olivia moved on greeting Richard Haldane as another old friend. Richard introduced his wife. Olivia continued her progress.

I introduced Malcolm Sergeant and Elena saying that Malcolm had been in London for two years, only returning in 2005. Olivia asked “Were you there for last year's election? I was surprised to see how badly Labor did then“ She continued for a moment chatting about the 2005 United Kingdom election. She certainly knew what was going on.

Richard said something about our own mid term elections. With not quite a month to go it seemed the electorate was going to punish the GOP for the Iraq War, the scandals besetting some Congressmen and President Bush's unpopularity.

A moment later Richard left. While Malcolm and Olivia chatted, Elena stood quietly, her mouth as subdued as her clothing. No longer the tight leggings and bare midriff but the sort of clothes just like many other women were wearing; in her case a cream dress that fitted snugly to her waist and dropped in pleated folds to below her knees- an elegant cocktail dress. Perhaps her loss had taught her something.

Malcolm was delighted to meet the actress who was breathing new life into the old film noir genre. She had appeared in some remakes. Malcolm asked her about the rumours that had it that she was to play Phyllis Dietrichson in an updated version of Double Indemnity which she was financing herself and which would be set in financial world of the 1980s already familiar to film goers from The Bonfire of the Vanities . I was surprised to learn from the conversation that that film, so panned in America, had been acclaimed in Europe where indeed it was regularly revived in art house cinemas.

It was soon time for her speech, the high point of the evening which –it was hoped –would open donors’ wallets and checkbooks. A frantic search revealed that no public address system had been provided.

Olivia tried to pretend it didn’t matter, telling Kelly, “Dear, I’m an actress I project my voice nightly so that a thousand can hear it. This is easy.” But I knew simply from the overly calm way in which she said it that it did matter.

And so did Kelly who fumed throughout the short speech. At its end a paler than usual Kelly accompanied Olivia on her "meet and greet" progress .

I stayed with Richard. "There's no doubt she is a great actress who will have a distinguished international career; perhaps they will talk of her in the same breath as Judi Dench, Vivian Leigh or Meryl Streep, but," he paused, " she wasn't the most popular person at the New Globe. All the others –actors, actresses, backstage crews- all of them acknowledged her talent but she was difficult to work with. She was forceful, insistent on her own ways, quite ruthless in getting what she wanted.” He paused, looked at me and chuckled wryly. “Yes just like Kelly.

“And just like Kelly she’d get physical if she didn’t get her own way immediately. Yes, she fought and she won. But she wasn’t like Kelly in two ways. First of all sometimes she’d be bawling someone out or being as pushy as hell and you’d suddenly realise she wasn’t serious, that it was all a self parody. The cast and crew would collapse in laughter. Mind you that wasn’t helpful either. They tell me it would take quite some time to get everyone focused on the script again. I’ve never seen my sister parodying herself. Olivia used to hang round with actors who were always parodying themselves or each other. Kelly wouldn’t like that. In some ways my sister is a very prim woman.

“And also Olivia had no interest in having others at her beck and call. And she wasn’t, well pardon me, manipulative like Kelly can be. Yes I know how your girl, my sister, plays people off against each other to get her own way. Olivia was more direct. She got her own way herself.

“Perhaps a great actress has to be like that. I don’t know. But what I do know is she fought more than a few battles while she was at the New Glob and few people were sorry to see her go. Yes we wished her well, encouraged her talent, but were glad to see her back as she set off to Europe.”

“Richard, I think Kelly wants us.” I regretted I had to cut his most interesting monologue but knew better than to keep my girl waiting. We walked over to where Kim and Michael were still selling merchandise; they'd keep barking their wares while there was a person in the room .

“You’re doing a great job Kim, even if you don’t raise a lot of money, you’re putting the name of your company out there with all the merchandise you sell. Kelly tells me you appeared in a calendar a year or so back featuring other fresh talent in regional companies.”Olivia smiled. “You’ve got the fresh youthful looks for it. I hope it too was a successful fundraiser. And Kelly tells me you have quite a range of talent too- you have appeared in musicals. Hmm,” she paused, “rather you than me, sometimes one can spread oneself too thin. It’s often best to play to your strength. Find what you’re best at and stick to it.

”And the New Globe is such a good company. For some it’s a stepping stone to higher things, but for others,” and Olivia looked Kim in the eyes, “it’s a company that will give them a steady career. You should be quite content here for a very long time, sweetie.”

Olivia picked up a pen. “Here let me sign some of those posters. You might be able to auction those later in the night. Well it was a pleasure to meet you Kim.”

She turned to me, “Peter-isn’t it. Can you get me a drink please. Just some water with a little lemon in it. I haven’t had a sip since I came in.”

As I left I heard her whispering to Kelly, “The organization here is dreadful- who did it? And that little trollop I just spoke with, she really had the hide to try to seduce your brother? You did the right thing dear when you stopped her. I’d like to have seen you do it.”

As I got the drink – I had to go to the kitchen for water with lemon- I saw again the tall blonde woman I’d seen before with Kim and Michael. She was bawling out some waitresses for not getting the food out quickly enough. The waitresses were slack but the blonde was going too far, the waitresses wilted under her tongue lashing. But she stopped when she saw me enter the kitchen and get some iced water, merely telling the waitresses to circulate. It struck I’d seen her before; she was probably one of the staffers from Henry’s agency.

The speech and the collection of checks and promises that followed immediately was the high point of the night. There were some more refreshments brought out but for most it was time to go.

Kelly had asked me to take Olivia back to her hotel, “Do it in style, she’d love the Packard 12 or the Sheerline.” So I was standing around waiting for her when I heard Henry Vaughn’s voice. He wasn’t pleased. “This was a shocking night. You let the agency down badly. We sponsor this event each year. We’ve done so for years. We get a lot of publicity from it. And this year it will be bad publicity. The first year we have an event management division, a year we want great events, success stories and what do we get – on what is perhaps the most important event – because its got our name on it? A disaster, poor catering, no PA system, no organization - even the merchandise wasn’t displayed. Louisa Martingale suggested you as one of the brightest staff she had. So what happened?”

I coughed loudly. I wanted Henry to know he was being overheard. I didn’t want him to step out of the room he was in. But he did.“Peter it’s you. Hmm. Well I guess you heard that. Well what’s said can’t be unsaid. But don’t tell Kelly.”

“Don’t tell me what? Peter I was looking for you, Olivia and I are ready if you can come and take her home. But,” she repeated, “don’t tell me what?” She looked inside the room. “What are you doing here St Leon? I haven’t seen you all night, were you on the guest list?”

“Kelly, where are you?” It was Olivia.

“One moment please. No, on second thoughts can you come here please? I think I’ve found a culprit.” Kelly turned on the woman she’d been talking to, the same woman whom Henry had been chastising a few moments before, the same tall blonde I’d seen twice before.“Jo St Leon, you weren’t on the guest list but you’re here. You’re the only staffer here who isn’t on the guest list. You were seconded to the event management team. You must have been the organizer of this fiasco.” Kelly stepped into the room. Olivia, Henry and I followed. I had a closer look at the now red faced woman.

She was indeed very tall, probably two inches taller than I am. She was slender but strong looking, she appeared to be the sort of woman who worked out at a gym just about every day. And she also appeared to be the sort of woman who would attract stares- of desire from the men and of jealousy from the women, big busted, slim, athletic, blonde- the genuine California beach bunny sort.

“Yes Kelly she was the organizer.” Henry said.

“What was my brief?” St Leon replied. “Did you tell me how many were expected here, how many came last year, what sort of food was needed. No, you didn’t.” She pulled some papers out of a folder, “here's the brief. I didn’t do the mail-out of the guest list. The brief told me that was to be done by someone else and it was and I saw a copy of the acceptances for the first time only a fortnight ago. I’d already ordered the food on the basis of what was in the brief. And then – yesterday I got another list of acceptances- there was a whole page more- it might have been fifty, it might have been one hundred extra names. That threw me. The list was dated last week, why didn't I get it then?

“I've got no idea about the PA system, the men didn't show. Perhaps they went to the wrong room. After all the hotel changed the function room- different room different floor. That the concierge said that was because they had another event at the last moment. So everyone’s invitations said the wrong room, the wrong floor. Guests were wandering around asking where we were, I guess the PA guys would too.

“And we'd had the merchandise delivered to what we thought was the right floor. Not here, I had to get it carried here, we didn't have a chance to set up here till late.

“It's not my fault.”

“Kelly it seems you have the misfortune to work with this woman.“ Olivia turned to Jo.”What a weak list of excuses. They are really one-you’re whining that it’s someone else’s fault. Whether that someone is the caterer, the person who gave you the job, the person who prepared the guest list or the sound technicians. Not one of them is your problem.” She stepped closer to Jo. “That’s what you’re saying isn’t it?”

“It’s not like that Olivia.”

“No? then it is your fault?” Olivia could have given attorneys lessons in cross examination.

“But?” the flustered blonde started to respond.

“No buts girl. Its either one or the other. Either it’s the fault of everyone except you or it’s your fault. Which is it? Did everyone else make a mistake or did you?” She stepped closer still. “You ruined the night. No one will get good publicity from it. not the theatre trust, not the agency which is foolish enough to employ you, nor me.

“That’s what you’re so pissed about- your own PR.“ Jo grasped at the only straw she could.

“That’s enough of you girl!”Olivia snapped.

“I don’t need some actress telling me how to do my job.”

“No? You need someone to. Perhaps you need more than telling girl?.” Olivia’s hand snaked out, she seized Jo’s jacket by the lapel and shook it, then tugged it hard. Jo stumbled forward, straight into –or was it onto –Olivia’s upraised knee. Jo gasped, spittle sprayed from her mouth as air was forced from her lungs. The blonde lurched further forward, falling onto Olivia. That fall probably saved her from an early and humiliating defeat. Olivia-unprepared to bear Jo’s weight stumbled back. She all but fell.

Jo got to her feet and attacked quickly, slapping lightly at Olivia.

The actress was hampered by her high heels, she stumbled as she tried to react. Jo being so tall wore flatties and had no such problem. Still breathing hard, she stepped round Olivia, slapping lightly, using her longer reach to maiamin advantage. When Olivia advanced Jo sidestepped or retreated, when Olivia stood still Jo darted in. all the time she kept up a constant barrage of lights slaps. Olivia blocked most of them, those that hit did little physical damage. But it was clear from Olivia’s gasps, her look of frustration that she was not accustomed to being taken to like this.

Olivia charged forward, her fists out. Jo darted to the side. Olivia blundered past, too committed to her charge to change direction . Jo sent her on her way with a hard sweeping slap that smacked audibly into the actress’s back. Before Olivia could regroup Jo was onto her. Even as Olivia turned Jo was slapping. But this time she was swinging slaps from her hips, in the same way as I’d seen Bella Beaverbrook slap at Kelly. And as then so now the effect was clear. The slaps carried force, they thudded home hard on Olivia’s face, on her upper body and –when she parried –which she did most of the time- on her arms.

Olivia continued to defend well, and while she reeled when a particularly hard slap hammered home she didn't falter. She began to strike back. It didn't seem to work at first. She was shorter, her reach was less and she was still stumbling about in her heels and her attack let more of Jo's slaps through. And those that did clearly hurt her, she winced and gasped. But she stepped forward and kept coming forward however much Jo slapped. To maintain her advantage Jo had to retreat. She bumped against a table. Jo glanced around and in that moment Olivia struck. She kicked high, her shoe- high heel and all- stabbed deep into the tall blonde’s stomach.

Jo shrieked in pain, folded like a deckchair in a storm and clutched her gut.

Olivia stepped back and kicked off her heels. She surged forward firing punches at a still gagging and gasping Jo. St Leon stumbled away, before she had recovered her breath sufficiently to defend, the actress had pounded her face and ribs with at least half a dozen blows to each. St Leon’s lip was bleeding, there was a small cut just above her eye, her dress was askew. Laurence for all that St Leon had taken the fight to her with those powerful slaps, seemed far fresher. Her face was red but she was breathing freely.

“Richard, stop them.” Monica was enraged; I don't suppose Boston Brahmins ever get physical – well not like this anyway.

“No dear, they need to fight it out. Olivia at any rate needs to do this.” He winked at me.

“It's not right, its crude, it’s so uncivilized.”

“Perhaps but it's their way.”

I'd not seen them come in. I glanced around the small room, which was probably some sort of store area, there were a few tables and chairs stacked in the corners. Kim stood with one arm wrapped possessively round Michael's waist, her other holding her cigarette as the two watched the fight. Next to them Malcolm and Elena had their arms linked. I wondered whether they were thinking about Elena's drubbing by Emily. I'd half expected that that would have been the end of their romance. But here they were still seemingly an item. But for how long?

Though clearly hurt, St Leon recovered. She defended grimly, dodging, twisting and parrying and trying whenever she saw an opportunity to strike back. She was still taking a lot of punishment. Even if she stopped more than half of the actress’s punches, those that broke through- heavy straight arm or round house blows thudded home on her face, her upper body or her sides. Olivia’s skill in mixing up her blows made it that much harder for Jo to defend. She was breathing heavily. Nevertheless she began to strike back. She abandoned the swinging slaps she’d used before in favour of jabbing punches, choosing her moments as carefully as she could- when Olivia was committed to her attack and couldn’t defend. Jo still used her longer reach to advantage to strike hard if not often. Each of her blows that hit elicited a gasp from the actress. Jo began to hit a little more freely.

Jo forced Olivia to stop her all out attack and to defend. The two women circled, jabbing and defending as they slogged it out. Both defended as much as they attacked, both succeeded in blocking most of their foe’s punches. Each had some success, one forcing the other back a few paces with a shrewd blow before the other regrouped, perhaps circling or ducking to avoid a follow up assault then resuming the steady slogging battle before she in turn forced her foe back.

Malcolm said, “They're two tough fighters.” I wondered if he was thinking about how Elena would fare battling either of these women.

I expected one woman to break away, the fight was too intense, each was damaging the other too much for it to continue. I didn’t expect what happened. Jo lunged at Olivia’s head, again making the most of her longer reach, she’d hit hard before. Her blow hit, Olivia appeared to reel backwards, her arms up defensively. Jo again lunged, this time her fist aimed squarely at Olivia’s midriff. But Olivia spun to her left. The blow just kissed her side. Jo committed to a hard blow- perhaps she thought it might end the fight, stumbled past. Olivia swung her hip, crashing it into Jo’s body. Jo staggered. Olivia shoved again, body slamming a still unsteady Jo. Jo fell to the floor.

“Yes! Show the slut!” Kelly hissed excitedly, she gripped my arm tightly.

Olivia pounced, she dropped to her knees, Jo twisted and rolled before Olivia had a chance to drive her knee into Jo' s stomach. Instead Olivia tried to grab the blonde's shoulders, to pin her down. Suddenly Jo's legs were around Olivia's mid section . She'd have trapped the actress in a scissors had Olivia not grabbed her by the ears and slammed her head into the floor twice. Clearly hurt and perhaps a little dazed Jo rolled away. Olivia followed, crawling crablike towards the blonde. She was too eager. Jo’s leg kicked out, her foot hammered into Olivia’s stomach.

Olivia groaned and backed off.

The two women scrambled to their feet. Neither was moving quickly now. They closed, neither prepared to surrender.

Jo began slapping again. She may have been tired, her body may have been aching but two of her blows thudded home hard before Olivia managed to defend. Each made the actress groan. Jo pressed her attack. She mixed up her slaps, hitting higher or lower in an effort to get through Olivia’s defence. For a moment she seemed to succeed, Olivia gasped, she swayed, her legs seemed to buckle.

I saw Kim looking at Kelly, I'm glad Kelly didn't see as well for Kim's look said louder than any words she was cheering for Jo.

Confident–and perhaps a little desperate to finish the exhausting fight Jo stepped towards Olivia; she bent down, and swung her hand towards Olivia’s head. But it was no longer there. Instead Olivia had sprung forward and upwards. Her head smashed into Jo’s stomach.

Spittle and air sprayed of the blonde’s open mouth as she staggered backwards clutching her shattered belly. She was white, wide eyed as Olivia straightened and attacked. Olivia punched at her enemy’s chin, it hit, Jo reeled back. Olivia punched again, Jo brought her fists up to defend. She parried that blow.

Olivia brought her knee up ramming it deep into the blonde’s stomach. Again spittle erupted from Jo’s mouth she staggered, doubled over. Olivia took her time before firing an uppercut into Jo’s mouth. It flung the blonde upright for a second then Jo’s legs gave out. She fell backwards onto the floor. She lay there gasping. She was finished.

Kim Curzon rushed in, she knelt beside the groaning Jo.

“Michael please get me some water and a first aid pack.” She stayed there till Michael came back.

Olivia looked around. “Well that was fun! Nothing like the perfect brawl with the perfect blond bimbo to top off the ... oh, hell I need to clean up!”She stalked off, torn dress trailing.

Behind me Henry Vaughan, John Donne , Kelly, Richard and a couple of other people from the agency were involved in a heated yet whispered argument. I sensed the issue was whether Jo should be sacked.

When Michael came back, he and Kim helped patch up Jo – by now sitting on the floor, still gasping. Kim got her a drink of water. They helped her stand and supported her as she walked uncertainly out of the room. Olivia stood in the doorway. “So perhaps you were right, the PA people did go to the wrong floor. You’d have thought they’d have texted you or checked with the hotel management. But they didn’t. They set up for some other function. The Elks convention got a free PA service for the night.” Olivia shook her head. "It’s almost comical.”

“So we can’t fire her now!”John Donne was adamant.

“Hey what’s this about firing people. What happens here stays here. I don’t expect her to be dismissed. No I’ve had enough fights –if I’d been dismissed after the fights here, I’d have never got the breaks.”

“OK have it your way” Kelly snorted.“Peter its time to take Olivia home . Bring your car round.”

I did as I was told.

Thank you to all those who helped...the usual team that makes my stories much better.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:00:35 AM by peccavi »
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline Fw190 A

• More cowbell!
Re: Kelly and her friends 16 All's well that ends well
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:57:41 AM »
Great story, Jenn. You have real skill for writing exciting action!

Offline Kayla

• God Member
  • Who needs balls when one has boobs?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Hhhm, always nice to see a blonde go down - tee hee!  ::) ;D

Hugs
Kayla
Naughty - but oh, so NICE! :-)

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
  • Believe in yourself and give your love to others
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 05:13:03 PM »
Best stomach-punching and gritty writer in the history of this board, by far
"When people walk away from you... let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you... and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."