News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

The Nomad's League (Prologue)

• 4 Replies

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
The Nomad's League (Prologue)
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:51:03 AM »
(Hi guys!  Giving another shot at writing a story, and this time I'm going for a series.  That is...if the reviews are in the positive!  Everyone PLEASE give feedback and any situations you'd like to see in the future installments.  This prologue is not my most masterful writing I admit, but Part 2 is much better!  ((I was a bit under the weather writing this). Part 2 which includes the  match is complete, but I'd like to see how well this concept is received.  I hope you enjoy!)

THE NOMAD'S LEAGUE:

CHALLENGE RULES:

(ALL listed rules are enforced and must be strictly obeyed.)

1.) Pendant must be visible when accepting challenges.

2.)  to challenge another fighter (must be wearing pendant) place two fingers on your own pendant.

3.) to accept a challenge, place two fingers on your pendant.  To decline, place three.  Harassing a fighter who has declined will NOT be tolerated

4.) an agreed upon challenge MUST take place within 24 hours and must always be held in a private place.

5.) fighters must discreetly arrange a time and place for the agreed upon match.

6.) a wager of tokens is made and the loser must surrender the agreed upon amount to the winner.

7.) return 25 tokens to the gym to gain your pass for the final tournament.  Only the first four who succeed will be accepted.

This was the third year that the annual Nomad's League Combat Tournament was to take place.  Jessica read the challenge rules over and over and over again.  This was her second year participating in the tournament and she knew she was going to make it all the way this year and win the $50,000 prize that awaited the winner.  Not that she needed the money, but she loved the sport and had something to prove this year.

The year before, when Jessica was 19, her best friend Sarah talked her into joining the tournament.  Both Sarah and Jessica took kickboxing classes at a nearby gym, and Sarah coerced Jessica into trying The Nomad's League with her after hearing about the contest through the grapevine.  Jessica agreed, saying it would allow them to expand their horizons in combative sports, but secretly, both girls were quite excited by competing against other women.  Testing their strength against another girl brought a rush unlike any other.  And so, the girls joined.  The rest is history as they say as they both enjoyed it immensely.  But Jessica knew she had to be more careful this year.  After winning her first match and winning two tokens to add to her starting five, she wagered them all in a wrestling bout in her second round.  Several minutes later she found herself pinned to the ground under her opponent, shouting her submission and crying openly.  She would not repeat that mistake this year.

With that thought, Jessica pulled up her pink knee socks and adjusted her tight denim shorts and tank top, admiring her thin, fit figure and long brunette hair in the mirror.  She grabbed her Challenge Pendant (a gold chain bearing a small owl holding a dagger.  The symbol of the girl's division of the tournament) and placed it on her neck.  The League started today and she would be wearing it while she ran her errands, looking for other fighters.  One last deep breath and she was out the door.

Nothing much ever happened here for a Tennessee college city, which meant she was able to go about her day to day routine in relative peace.  She managed to accomplish two errands and was preparing to finish up before she heard her phone ring out from the passengers seat of her red sedan.  It was Sarah.
     "What's up slut?"  Answered Jessica, in their normal, best friend manner of greeting.
     "Not much bitch!  Just got my first challenge!  Gonna go down at my place tonight in a few hours if you wanna be my witness!"  Said Sarah, jumping straight to the point of the call.
     "UGH!  You're ahead of me!  I haven't even seen another fighter yet!"   Jessica whined
     "Better hop to it then!  Let me know if you can make it!"
     "Sure!  Look, I have to get some fuel so let me call you back." 

With that, Jessica ended the call and pulled her car into the Shell gas station that was about 10 minutes from home and stepped out to place her debit card in the pump's reader.  That's when she spotted a girl coming out of the gas station carrying a soda.  The girl had a fit body like her's, longer platinum blonde hair and was wearing cloth shorts and a red tank top.  Approximately Jessica's age.  Jessica was almost done fueling when the girl locked eyes with her.  She knew they had both noticed their matching necklaces almost simultaneously.

The girl gave Jessica a bubbly smile and slowly placed two fingers onto her Challenge Pendant.  Jessica smiled warmly back.
     "YES!"  She thought silently as her heart began to race at the thought of locking up with this girl.  Rolling, tossing, and twisting her into submission.  There was nothing she wanted more.  She placed her two fingers on her pendant in reply and walked forward with hand outstretched.  The girl shook it and giggled.
     "Name's Dawn.  And you?"
     "Jessica!  Nice to meet you!"
     "You too!  So...guess you're gonna be my first win huh?" The girl gave another giggle with that statement. Oh hell no.  Thought Jessica.  She was determined to break that arrogance right out of Dawn.

"I doubt that sweetheart.  When and where?"  Jessica laughed.
     "No need in waiting long.  You free now?  My backyard has plenty of privacy.  Say...ten minutes?  Here's my address."  Dawn scribbled a note and handed it to Jessica.  "Or are you afraid?"  She gave that annoying giggle again.
     "I'll be there.  Wrestling?"
     "You got it!  See you soon.  Come ready to lose!"
     "I can't wait to have you under me.  I'm gonna make you beg me to stop you know."
     "Heh, we'll see!"   With a wink, Dawn got in her car and drove away.  Jessica stared after her and quickly picked up her phone, dialing Sarah back.
     "Don't think I'm gonna make it to your match girl.  Sorry!"  She said and gave a small, smirking laugh as she climbed into her car and punched the address in her hand into her GPS.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
Re: The Nomad's League (Prologue)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:50:45 AM »
Thank you!!  I thought it would be an interesting way to blend the ideas of tournament series stories and "private match" stories rather nicely.  I was hoping others would agree!

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:24:10 AM »
Hopefully all the feedback is good!  Lol and hopefully I'll have part 2 up and ready soon!

Offline Jumping Joan

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:12:50 AM »
Looking for more - but a good start very interesting...

JJ

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »
Don't worry!  Part 2 (The First Fall) should be up later this evening barring an unforeseen disaster!  It'll be in a brand new post so look for it on the board.