News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Posting old stories written by other people

• 15 Replies

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
Posting old stories written by other people
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
Over the years I have printed out and saved some stories I thought were particularly good. Due to sites being dropped or whatever, these stories are no longer available on the net. My question is - would it be wrong to post them here, making sure the original author got writing credit? Or would that be considered a breach of etiquette? Any thoughts?

Offline York

• God Member
Re: Posting old stories written by other people
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:53:23 PM »
well...I think it is always nice having the chance to read again some good old stories.

Then, as a form of respect to the original author first I would contact him/her and ask his/her permission.
If he/she is no more a member here and/or cannot be contacted, I would not consider a breach of etiquette posting the story being careful to specify clearly who is the original author, so that the praises (and the critics ;D ) go to him/her again.

To be honest I have found a couple of my stories posted on another web site, completely unknown to me and without my knowledge.
At first I felt annoyed, then I thought that they had been copied from the original site, a public site so actually I had nothing
to complain. I knew it was a public space. Then the user that had posted them, at least had put my nick as the author thus not
pretending to be the author. In that case I would have contacted the admin of the site asking to edit the post or cancel it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:57:28 PM by York »

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:47:24 PM »
Should be fine as long as the author is credited.
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:11 PM »
We have had J Coleman's stories posted here in the past by other people so if you do what York suggested I think you would be safe. Only caveat I would add is that if the original author did contact the site and wanted it removed we would do so. hence why making an effort to contact them first would be a good idea. 

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »
Good advice. The ones I am thinking of go back at least 10 years so I don't know how successful I would be at contacting the original writers. But I will try that before doing anything else.

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »
Now I'm really intrigued as to what you have.
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »
You know, my favorite all time story was written by a person named Joniar. I have no idea how to contact this person. But I would love to sometime repost that story.  Suggestions?
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline kimmysassy

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:18 AM »
Just do it....

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »
I think if you post it with as much information as possible (who wrote it, where you found it) you have given as much credit as you can for the author. One thing I thought of that might be a good side benefit is that some of these authors (if still around) might not even have a copy themselves of their stories.

Mandarin

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »
I think if you post it with as much information as possible (who wrote it, where you found it) you have given as much credit as you can for the author. One thing I thought of that might be a good side benefit is that some of these authors (if still around) might not even have a copy themselves of their stories.

Good advice Meg!

Offline krispin

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
Post! Post!  ;D

Offline griffin

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:45 AM »
Should be fine as long as the author is credited.

I agree with Leroy. Please post the stories!

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
Oh do post these stories. I think we will all enjoy reading them and appreciate your taking the opportunity to do this for all.

Offline Michael James

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »
If you have them... Post them...  Just make sure you give credit to the original author.  To me, that's respectable.

Offline Mr. Cavalier

• God Member
    • Cavalier Magazine
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 03:11:33 AM »
I would love to see some of wordweaver's old celeb fights.  That was some of the sexiest stuff I've ever read.  His site has been gone for years, but it was one of the early one's from the '90's.  I know he post here from time to time