News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Kelly and her friends 24 Unlawful Occaisions.

• 5 Replies

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
Kelly and her friends 24 Unlawful Occaisions.
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »

24 Unlawful Occasions  
I didn't expect to see many of my friends at Malcolm's office Christmas party.  I was invited, not because I was a friend but because our family were clients of Malcolm’s legal firm.  I'd known Malcolm in college where we played water polo together. I lost contact with him when his firm sent him to England and it was only on his return, when my parents purchased and then renovated an old suburban strip mall, that we met up again. By then he was a senior associate in the firm’s property section.  . My parents dragged me along to some of the owner and tenant meetings to which Malcolm went as their legal advisor. The redevelopment was complex – my parents owned less than half the shops in the strip mall and that mall was only part of a larger development that had grown up around a suburban railroad station. To get the best outcome, they needed the other owners and the tenants to come on board. There were a lot of meetings and during that time, Malcolm and I renewed our friendship.

Our other connection came about when he started to – almost – date my old flame Margot Tennant. If Malcolm had had his way, they would have been dating but, as Kelly later said, Margot just kept him dangling. She’d always been an aloof woman and that wound up costing her the potential relationship after Elena came into Malcolm’s life and literally took Malcolm from her.  Only then did Margot realise what she'd let slip.

I wasn't sure how many people I'd even know at the Christmas party, but I needn’t have worried. I'd forgotten that the partner who led Malcolm's team – not that Malcolm needed much supervision was a fellow history nut. Malcolm had introduced me to David Maturin during my parents’ project and we'd gotten on well.  Kelly and I met him just as we came in.

And, of course, Kelly knew so many people. As Maturin said in introducing us to a young blonde, “The Haldanes are Chicago's Cecils.”

“What? Who?” the blonde said shortly.

“The Cecil family,” he explained.  “Starting with Lord Burghley in Queen Elizabeth the First's time.  He was her spymaster and then what we'd call Secretary of State…yes, just like Dulles.  The family's been at the top of English endeavour ever since. They produced several Prime Ministers, many diplomats, scientists, at least one Nobel Prize winner, economists…Keynes was a descendent on his mother's side…and lawyers as well as the occasional bishop and writer. Some of them…Lord Balfour for instance…excelled in several fields. He was Prime Minister, responsible for the ‘Balfour Declaration’ which promised a state of Israel…and a philosopher too.”

“Wouldn’t happen here,” declared the young woman.  “We don't have dynasties like that in America.”

“Oh no?” I countered.  “What about the President? The Bush's are a pretty powerful dynasty.” David smiled as I continued, “And then there are the Kennedys, the Rockefellers, the Vanderbilts…to whom the Cecils are related, by the way. Young lady…” I paused and looked at her.  She'd have been very pretty if she didn't look petulant and bored, though I could understand the bored part – Maturin and I could put a hyperactive five year old to sleep when we really got going.  “I'm sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Heidi Foster,” she replied.  “What’s this, a history lesson?”

“No,” interjected David.  “Peter is just trying to show that we do have many dynasties here…and we’re better off for it.”

“What’s that to me?” she yawned.  “All this talk about dead people.”

“Heidi, dynasties have patronised the arts, music, the theatre.” I hoped to forestall an explosion from Kelly.

“Elitist stuff,” Heidi sneered.

Kelly gasped.  I didn’t need to look in her direction to know she was white with anger.

“Heidi, where did you study law?” David asked.  That got a raised eyebrow from me.  This woman had studied law?

“University of Chicago. Is there any other place?” She giggled.

“It's the law school with one of the highest endowments of any in the country.”

“So?”

“Your tuition fees were subsidised by ‘dead people.’”

“So?  That’s not what you were talking about. What have these Haldanes done?  Did they endow the University law school?”

“Err…no,” began Kelly, for once caught off guard.

“Well then, there’s no reason why I should feel obligated to them.” She spun on a high heel and flounced off.

“That young woman needs her bottom spanked.” Kelly summed up my views.  I would have elaborated a little – the ditsy bubble head needed the spanking that her mother should have given her, years ago.

While Kelly knew many more people than I did at the function, Malcolm’s girlfriend Elena knew next to no one. We saw her stranded in the middle of the crowd.  People were all chatting amongst themselves and all ignoring her. They weren’t being rude – they were simply in their own circles and Elena was outside. Malcolm was off somewhere chatting to a client.

She smiled widely with relief as we approached. “I’m so glad to see you.”

“What a lovely outfit,” Kelly complimented her.  For once, Elena dressed respectably. Indeed, she was almost indistinguishable from the other young women in a long sleeved ivory coloured cocktail dress that finished just above her knees, and calf-length boots. She wore a jade necklace and matching ear rings that peeped from beneath her long blonde hair.

Elena beamed. “Thank you. Malcolm bought it for me. He specially wanted me to wear it tonight.”

Kelly and I exchanged glances.  Malcolm was nothing if not astute – Elena’s trademark skintight pants and cropped halter tops would certainly have prevented people from ignoring her, but the resulting ridicule would not have been a good thing for anyone.

I changed the subject and we chatted innocuously for a while. It was sad to see how few people talked to Elena. Kelly waylaid some friends and introduced her to them, but they had nothing in common and Elena’s conversation soon dried up. She seemed overawed.  The party guests were mostly older, far richer and had little interest in sports or film –Elena’s two stock topics. She’d only learned about film after meeting Malcolm. She kept her silence when it came to politics, knowing that her views wouldn’t be well received among the wealthy lawyers and their clients. She had some pronounced and, in my opinion, very sensible views on the subject and in the past she’d been very forthright in expounding on them, but tonight she was obviously striving to be a ‘lady’, a ‘credit’ to Malcolm.  I almost wished the old Elena – sexy, feisty, opinionated and forthright – would break through the polished shell she wore like veil.  It would certainly liven up this party.

I felt guilty for leaving Elena stranded but, as Kelly said, there were other people we ought to meet, and Malcolm should be looking after his girlfriend.

We stopped to talk to some people Kelly knew, and they began to go on at length about some mutual acquaintances – theirs, not mine. I zoned out.

Behind us were a group of young girls, talking loudly – raucously – about some party they’d attended.  Young Heidi was probably the loudest of the lot. Certainly she was talking the most. It seemed the party had been at some private club.

“Well…there was Ms Angry Battleaxe,” said Heidi.  “You know who I’m talking about.  Like she’s big and mean, and she’s so totally frumpy too. So are all those girls who hang around her. Like they have the most stupid clothes, and they have tattoos.  I mean…excuse me!? What exactly is wrong with being feminine and wearing pretty clothes and good make up and accessorizing?” She emphasized each syllable scornfully.  “Or…like wearing stockings?

“Girls,” she waved her arm round her circle of friends, “we are about class.  We are about manners, about grooming and about success. There’s that bumper sticker you always see…’Well-behaved women seldom make history’. That is very debatable.  Ask Mrs Thatcher. There’s a role model for you…always well groomed, never a hair out of place, always polite. And she was Prime Minister of England! Or you could ask Hillary…”

“…but don’t ask Monica!” one of the other girls broke in. They all giggled.

All, that is, except Heidi. “Girls, please! What isn't debatable is that poorly behaved women rarely get the guy. Concentrate, darlings. Like we – the silky set – behave well, look amazing and are loved by everyone.”

She paused before continuing her discourse.  “Where was I?  Oh, that’s right. So…like I didn’t want to cross Ms Femnazi.  Like she probably ate something that disagreed with her.” Heidi stopped and giggled.  “Maybe something with tats. Like she’s so totally the kind of person who would eat you for breakfast!

“So she stood there, hands on hips, tapping her foot and I was like ‘Omg, of course Jen! I am so, so sorry!!! Without a doubt, the staff totally run things around here and honestly, I think you all do a totally amazing job! Like, I guess I just was trying to mean it in the social sense of the word? Just like, the food, the music, both were really good?  We had such a great time. It’s such a great venue and we have such fun. I didn't mean to imply anything more than that! Silky girls respect the rules here more than any of the other girls around here. You can always count on us!’”

She grinned.  “I batted my eyelids and gave her my best smile, and like the bitch totally bought it!  Like she’s a big softie inside and she’s always trying to give people what she calls ‘the benefit of the doubt.’”

“So you wriggled out of it,” some other girl said.

“Like it wasn’t that easy. I had to really pour it on!  'Please accept my humble apologies!' I even curtsied low.  I totally ate crow but it was worth it. She didn’t do anything. Like I knew she could kick me out of the club if she wanted to.”

“One day you’ll go too far, Heidi,” the same girl said.

“Yes Daisy,” grinned Heidi, “but till then I’ll totally have fun.”

“You’re a complete brat, Heidi.  Seriously, that attitude is going to get you into real trouble.”

“Yeah, but like you all love me!”  Heidi’s smile broadened.  “Come on,  let’s see if we can get some guys to buy us some drinks.” She giggled and flounced off.

I tried to focus on Kelly’s conversation but found it hard. After a while I excused myself and went in search of David Maturin. I couldn’t find him easily and stood for a moment near the bar.

Heidi and her gaggle were close by.  They were talking about dress – or rather, Heidi was laying down the law. I couldn’t hear all of the other girls talking but Heidi’s high pitched, almost shrill voice carried more than theirs. “You should all dress in pretty clothes!  All my lingerie costs a fortune, thank you very much! My stockings are like $80 a pair.  Have you ever shopped at Agent Provocateur? Just how much was that dress you’re wearing?” I shook my head, wondering why a girl intelligent enough to graduate from UC Law School would chat so mindlessly. But she went on about manicures and hair, grooming and accessories.

Then, for a moment, she sounded almost serious. She was responding to something some other girl had said, but which I hadn’t heard. “Now girls, remember never to call us ‘SSG’. It's just not sexy and being sexy is our first priority.  Also, a cute Aussie guy told me it stands for ‘Sydney Cricket Ground’. Why Sydney has a ground for crickets escapes me just now but…well…they are a funny country way away at the bottom end of the world.”

Again she stopped, apparently gathering her thoughts.  “Err…where was I?  Oh yes! We are sexy. So when you're talking about our group…please girls, you will use the terms ‘Silkie or ‘Silks’.  Whatever you use, make sure it's hawt! Oh, and remember, we never trash each other, only girls from other cliques! Remember, we help each other….and ourselves, to the boys who used to date girls in other cliques.”  They all giggled.

Just then Elena – still by herself and looking sadder and more confused than ever – walked past. I was about to stop her and talk to her when Heidi piped up, “Look at that blonde. Like she'd never be a silky. Look at her outfit. Like it's expensive, its tasteful, it’s attractive...but not on her. She has no style, no pizzazz. She makes it look frumpy. And she needn't.”

Elena turned.  She'd heard Heidi.  I saw her body tense as she stared.  

Heidi smiled in what she presumably thought was a disarming manner.  If so, she didn’t know Elena.  She batted her eyelids. “I hope you don’t mind me talking about you. Don't think I was talking behind your back. Like that’s what happens to me and my friends here. All I can say is, as the most popular, most desired girls in the club scene, we always get catty comments from girls whose careers are…how should I say?...just way less noteworthy?”  She frowned.  “Careers? Maybe not the right word.  Maybe social standing or popularity might be better. I mean...don't get me wrong... many of these girls are total sweeties!  They’re totally cute on the inside.  On the outside though…” Heidi pouted eloquently.  “…sadly. And they can be very catty about it. Maybe they need to show their inner beauty. And hun…what's your name?”  She extended her hand.  “I'm Heidi.”

Elena regarded her sourly. Then, with a struggle - I saw her face as she battled to control her temper – she spoke up.  “Elena Savoy.”

“Hi Elena!  I could give you some fashion tips!  It’s not what you're wearing, hun…that's quality apparel you have on.   Maybe a little staid for a young woman, certainly more business than social. Like I guess it suits you more than it would me or Daisy or one of the other girls here” She waved her arm. “Still, there's no denying its quality. It's expensive, it’s tasteful and it could be sexy. No Ellen…I got that right, didn't I? It’s not what you’re wearing, it’show you're wearing it. Like it’s an attitude problem. If you smile more, show more of your inner cuteness... if you wore your dress like this...” Heidi poked Elena and pulled her dress around a little.  Elena seemed too amazed to react. “If you could only look confident... yes, a bit preppy even. Like I know that's a word that's got a bad reputation but it shouldn’t.  It’s just…yes!...an attitude. You gotta tell yourself you're pretty, you deserve the best. The best car, the best rooms in hotels, the best accessories, the best clothes and yes, the best men.”

“I've already got a good man!” snapped Elena, now that Heidi’s flood of conversation had ebbed and she could get a word in edgewise.  “I'm here with my boyfriend…and my name’s Elena, not Ellen.”

“Oh, I'm so sorry, Elena. It's great that you’re here with your boyfriend. Who is he? Cuz I haven't seen you round the office. So who is he? '

“Malcolm Sargent.”

“Oh that's cool!  He'll be a partner one day. But don't you think property law is kind of boring?  Like it's not what you see attorneys in the movies or on tv doing. No…and he's rather suburban isn't he? Like he commutes home every night to some bungalow out in Skokie. That's way beyond civilisation. Like is there a good manicurist in miles?”  She stopped.  Elena’s face had flushed bright right. “Are you ok?  Do you want me to slap your back?”

With a visible struggle, Elena controlled her temper.  “It's been good talking with you, Heidi, but I think I want to go and find Malcolm. Thank you.” She went on her way.

When Elena was out of earshot, one of the other girls said, “Oh Heidi!  You so showed her up!”

“Kasia!  Give me five!” Heidi said. They palmed one another and then Heidi added, “Some of us have what it takes to be hot…some don't. Those that can, do! Poor Elena…yeah I knew that was her name…” She giggled.  “…she just doesn’t.”

I realised Elena had been heading for the bar when I saw her quaffing a glass of white wine. She grabbed another and disappeared into the crowd, presumably looking for Malcolm.

“Like the poor dear is drowning her sorrows!” remarked Heidi.

“Heidi, let’s cut her a little slack,” replied Kasia.  “They can't be all as hot as us!”

I'd had enough of bratty character assassination and resumed my search for Dave Maturin.  I found him a few minutes later and he introduced me to some of his partners.  I found a few with whom I shared some of his interests – one even sailed in my club, though in a different division. I began to enjoy myself.  

Kelly came over and I introduced her to the circle. We chatted for a while but then, as often happened at that kind of party, the group dissolved. A few moments later, we found ourselves with Elena and Malcolm and some of Malcolm’s colleagues. Elena was doing her best to join in the conversation, but clearly finding it tough as much of it was internal office talk. That circle too broke up and we stood with just Malcolm and Elena.

I had a quick word in Malcolm's ear as Kelly chatted with Elena, telling him how Elena had resisted Heidi Foster's provocation.

“That faux bubblehead,” he summed her up succinctly.  “She doesn't mean to be rude…well, not really. She just can't stop making mischief.”

“Elena was very restrained, but I'd make sure she doesn’t cross paths with Heidi again tonight.”

Malcolm nodded.

The party went on. There were the traditional speeches and presentations. I lost sight of Malcolm and Elena – and for that matter David Maturin. I was standing talking with another lawyer in David's team who'd helped my parents, when I saw Malcolm again. He looked a little uncomfortable. Heidi Foster had him almost pinned between some tables and was bombarding him with conversation. He looked like he needed rescuing.

As I got closer, I wondered if perhaps I'd been mistaken. Heidi was talking about the film noir festival…in a manner of speaking.  “Like I just love those movies!  Look at the actresses, women like Veronica Lake in Blue Dahlia, or like the bad girl in that film…” she waved an arm, “you know the one…the hero's wife who plays around, the one played by Doris Dowling. Not that she was really bad!  Like she just needed someone to keep her bed warm while her husband was away fighting the war. Both of them were so hawt…hair done, flawless makeup, stockings on…you could tell they went to the salon like every day!  So many girls today could learn a lesson from them.”  She changed tack seemingly without drawing breath.  “Have you ever seen I Like Trouble?” She giggled.  “That's totally my motto as well as being my fave noir film. So many totally sexy girls, all of them so well dressed, so attractive, not a frump in sight.  And leading the men by the nose, getting them into all sorts of trouble.” Again she giggled.

I couldn’t hear Malcolm's reply.  Once again Heidi's shrill voice carried over the crowd. She leaned back, propping herself against a table, her left leg raised with her foot on the chair. Her pose – and it was most definitely a deliberate pose –  showed a lot of stocking on a very shapely leg. She sipped her drink with her free hand.

“She thinks she’s Marlene Dietrich!” Kelly whispered as she appeared at my elbow and slipped her hand around my arm.  I smiled and squeezed her hand, but continued to listen.

“Like all those ‘dames’, as they were called back then, were totally sexy. I remember from your festival last year, when you showed Out of the Past, how Jane Greer’s character totally had the guys running after her. Way to go!” Heidi giggled and patted Malcolm’s arm. “Thanks for showing those films.”

Again Malcolm said something I couldn’t hear.

“Of course, Malcolm!  I totally support the festival! Not to mention all the other public service commitments the firm has. Well like...um...I’ll tell you something but it totally has to remain our little secret…pretty please?” She squeezed Malcolm’s hand. “Like I didn’t think I’d enjoy the film noir festival when you first set it up. But wow…was I ever wrong!  Those girls!  Ohemgee!  Their dress sense, their poise, the way they got their own way so often, how they wound the guys a round their fingers. Those girls…they should all be honorary silkies. We should induct them into our Hall of Fame. Dress sense... well speaking of that…your tie is crooked. Here…let me adjust it.”  She fitted the action to the words. “Oh, look…here’s your girlfriend coming back. Like I’ll leave you two love birds alone together. Bye now.” She blew a kiss and sashayed off just as Elena returned.

“Elena,” Malcolm spoke loudly enough for us to hear, “she was chatting about the film festival.  She was – ”

“I saw what she was doing, Malcolm.” Elena’s voice shook with rage.

“Elena, don’t get angry with me, and don’t get angry with her. I won’t have you spoiling the evening.”

“It’s been spoilt already!” she snapped.  “That bitch...”

“Elena!”  He cut her off.   His voice was low but firm.  “I will not let you start something with one of my colleagues at the office Christmas Party.”  Elena hung her head and almost seemed to huddle within herself. Again I wondered whether I preferred the feisty, forthright Elena but I guessed it didn’t matter what I preferred.  It was what Malcolm preferred, that counted.

Nothing further happened until we were about to go.  Kelly and I had said our goodbyes and were in the lobby when we saw Heidi and her gaggle of friends again. They were talking about an after party. “Like this one has been so dull,” one said, rolling her eyes.

“Except when Heidi totally psyched out that betch Elena,” bubbled another – I seemed to recall I’d heard someone call her Jenna.  “That was so awesome!  You go girl!”

“Hey, like I tried to help her with her dress sense,” Heidi replied.  She shrugged.  “Pity.  Still, some of us are naturally sexy...silkies like us…and then there are those who aren’t.  What can we do except feel sorry for them?” She smirked.

“And did you see Heidi flirt with Malcolm?” continued Kasia.

“You were lucky Elena didn’t catch up with you!” Daisy said. “Ohmahgawd!  She looked furious! Seriously honey!  Like you go too far, tormenting people.”

“But Daisy darling…that's what it’s about!  That's what's totally fun…to provoke them when they can't hit back without them being totally in the wrong. Something which no one wants to do at a Christmas party.”  She fluttered her eyelids again.  “Like all I did was talk to an associate about a firm-sponsored community event.” She giggled. “Like who could be angry with me for that?”

“Did you hear how she hooked up with Malcolm?” asked Jenna with a catty smirk of her own.

“Oh yeah.  I heard that gossip. She met him at a Cubs match. She went on and fought some other girl. She’s a tough cookie alright. But she wasn’t going to fight tonight. Malcolm put her back in her cage.” Heidi giggled. “He wouldn’t want anything to go wrong at the office party. I knew I was safe. I guess there’s something to be said for guys like him, after all.”

“Gotta wonder what Malcolm sees in her.  I mean, she’s only some office clerk in some factory somewhere,” Jenna said scornfully.

“Guys! Who knows? Hey, I bet I could steal him from her! I mean if I wanted to.” Heidi giggled again. “I came close enough tonight.”

“But like why bother?” Daisy was a voice of reason, even if an accidental one.  “What are you gonna do with him then?  He’s like a total human sleeping pill!”  She laughed at her own joke.

“It's fun!  Didn't you see his reaction?  He didn't know where to turn. Like I was just about making out with him and yet I could say I was just talking about a film festival.  Like he knew I was flirting but he couldn’t do anything about it…not that he wanted to. He liked the attention but he was so confused.”  Heidi giggled.  “It was such a hoot!”

I shook my head. All this had been just a prank to Heidi and her gang.

We all crowded into the elevator. Ours stopped at the street level to let people out and only Kelly, me and Heidi’s group remained when we reached the basement parking lot level.  Just as we emerged, another elevator disgorged another group of people – including Malcolm and Elena.  

Kelly and I had parked quite a way from the elevators and had stopped to put on our coats – we could see our breath in the air.  Malcolm had a parking space almost adjacent to the elevators so he and Elena carried their coats over their arms.  Elena’s, I noticed, was the same black-and-white striped item she typically wore over leggings and a halter.

Heidi’s crowd whispered among themselves.  They too hadn’t bothered to don heavier clothing. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but there was a lot of giggling. Then Heidi raised her voice.  “Eileen!  Err…no…um Ellen!  Err…Elena!  That’s it!”

Elena turned.  I think she’d have preferred to ignore Heidi but she was trying to be polite in the midst of the departing crowd.

“Where did you buy that outfit?” Heidi asked. “I’d like to see if they have anything for me.”  Elena named some place I’d never heard of, and Heidi continued, “Oh that’s a wicked boutique!  How did you afford it on your salary?  Like you’re just a clerk somewhere aren’t you?”  She put the slightest emphasis on the word just.

Elena’s face darkened.  “I’ve had it with you!”  She strode toward Heidi.  “I’ve kept it together all night while you insulted my looks, insulted my man…then you flirted with him!  Now you tell me to my face, that I’m poor.”  She stopped a foot or so away.  Her fists were clenched.  Trembling with anger, she stood a couple inches taller than Heidi and was more solidly built.  The tight pressure of Kelly’s arm around mine confirmed my thought – things were about to get physical.

Heidi stood her ground.  I saw Daisy tug on her arm but Heidi ignored her.  “No, no...I didn’t say you were poor.  I suppose Malcolm bought it for you. After all, that’s what rich guys are for!”

Elena threw her arm back as though she were about to slap Heidi. Heidi flinched but instead of hitting her, Elena reached out and clapped both hands on Heidi’s shoulders.  “You little bitch!” she hissed as she shook the smaller blonde.  “Leave me alone!”  She shoved Heidi away from her.

I think Elena only intended to scare Heidi, but she was angry and pushed harder than she probably planned.  As it was, Heidi would have fallen had she not cannoned into Daisy and managed to stay on her feet.  

If Elena had drunk less – not that she’d drunk a great deal that night, Malcolm had seen to that - or had she been less furious, she'd have seen Heidi's expression and would not have turned away. She’d have also realised that Heidi wasn't about to lose face in front of her now grinning friends.

Heidi bent at the waist and charged Elena, slamming her shoulder into the taller girl's side. Elena gasped in surprise as she stumbled on her high heeled boots, then again in shock as Heidi's charge knocked her off her feet. Elena fell heavily to the tiled floor.

“Go Heidi! Don't let that bitch try to manhandle you!” one of Heidi's friends cheered her on.

Malcolm stood still, his fists clenched.  I could see he was trying to figure out whether to interfere.  “It's after the party,” I tried to soothe him.  “We left late.  There’s no one here to see except us.”

Heidi came close to what would have been an amazingly quick victory when she kicked hard at a rolling, groaning Elena. If the pointed toe of her patent leather pump had connected with the bigger girl’s midsection as I am sure she meant to, she would have winded Elena and thrown her onto her back at the same time.  As later events proved, Heidi was certainly vicious enough to have taken full advantage, perhaps by stomping on Elena’s belly. But her kick missed its target. Elena rolled and Heidi’s booted toe glanced off Elena’s ribs, nevertheless drawing a soft cry of pain.  Heidi tried to kick her again but Elena had already rolled away and was getting to her knees.

“Elena’s a real street fighter.” Kelly said to no one in particular.

As Heidi tried to close again, Elena – still on her knees – made a grab for the smaller girl’s foot.  Heidi scurried back out of reach and Elena got to her feet. She shook her head as though clearing it.

Sensing opportunity, Heidi pounced and started slapping at Elena’s face, punching at her body and kicking at her legs. It was a wild, uncoordinated attack and most of the blows missed.  It didn’t seem as though Heidi had much experience but nevertheless, she was young, fit and keen to get in as much damage as she could before Elena collected her wits. For a long moment Heidi seemed to be succeeding. Elena struggled to defend against such a barrage of diverse attacks. Perhaps the very confusion of Heidi’s uncoordinated assault made it more difficult.  Elena simultaneously had to defend a slap to the head, a body blow and a stomp on her foot, all while still trying to regroup.

“Give it to her, babes!” Another of Heidi's friends yelled encouragement.

When Elena did regroup, the damage the fall had done to her began to show. She had fallen on her left side and now limped on that leg.  Her left arm too seemed slow. Heidi picked up on that and immediately concentrated her attack on the older woman’s left. For almost a full minute she hammered Elena’s left side, continuing her barrage of slaps, stomps, punches and kicks seemingly at random. She just moved faster than her limping foe. For all that Elena defended skillfully and for all that Heidi was a novice, her inexpert attacks had their effect. More and more of her blows began to land and Elena's winces and grimaces turned into gasps and groans.

Heidi kept dancing round any of Elena's counter attacks.  That was, until Elena grabbed the smaller girl by the shoulders, jerked her forward and rammed her knee up into Heidi's ribs. Heidi’s mouth gaped wide and she let out a sharp grunt of pain.  She squirmed out of Elena's clutches, staggered backwards and stood panting, her breath wreathing her head in a cloud of vapour.  .

Elena still didn’t have enough to go on the offensive but she had blunted Heidi’s assault and bought herself some time. She looked as though she needed it.  She breathed heavily, limping still and rubbing her left arm as though trying to get circulation into it. The fall had hurt her badly.

Again Heidi's youth and enthusiasm helped her to recover first.  She darted forward to hit out at Elena’s face.  Her vocal supporters cheered her on.  “Go on, babes!”

Elena ducked, swaying her head to the side and Heidi’s slap hit her a glancing blow on her ear. Heidi punched at Elena’s midriff again. Elena stepped back and avoided the blow, turning as she did so to put her right side forward. Heidi danced around to Elena’s left again, going for the older woman’s weak side – and Elena’s right fist crashed into the over confident brat’s side, beneath her ribs. Heidi gagged. She gagged harder a moment later, doubling over when Elena’s left fist ploughed into her stomach. Elena’s left might have been slower but she could still fire those slugging punches I’d come to expect of her.  Usually however, she saved those until she had worn down her foe with quicker, lighter blows.

Heidi staggered back, gasping, on the defensive now. Elena went after her, jabbing at Heidi’s midsection, almost dragging her left leg. Again Heidi retreated. Elena followed, trying to fire the rapid barrage of light punches I’d seen her use before at Wrigley Stadium, at Pulaski Park and in the alley outside the H H Richardson.  This time however, her mobility was severely affected by the injury to her leg.  She could barely keep up with her dodging, weaving opponent.   Heidi avoided almost all of Elena’s blows and struck back with light slaps and punches of her own. She danced around the taller older woman, hitting her repeatedly.  Her blows began to have a cumulative effect and once more Elena’s grunts and hisses became painful gasps and groans.

Switching tactics, Elena grabbed at Heidi’s arm and pulled the smaller girl close.  Heidi seemed happy to go that route and with a squeal of malicious glee she buried her free hand in Elena’s long hair, jerking and tugging. Elena grunted, her face contorted in pain. She released her grip on Heidi’s other arm and Heidi twisted away so that Elena’s fist kissed her side instead of landing the heavy blow that she had intended for her tormentor’s belly.   Elena gritted her teeth as Heidi jerked her hair, slapped her face and jerked her back and forth, keeping Elena off balance as she evaded the older woman’s flailing fists.

Elena was taking a lot of punishment and delivering little in return.  Her dress was torn at the left shoulder and the seam on her skirt was split almost to her hip, revealing angry red welts where she had hit the concrete floor of the parking garage.  Her face was beet red, her left leg dragging to the point where she was practically standing on her right foot alone.  She held her left arm close, partly to defend her side also – perhaps mainly, I thought – because it hurt her.

She managed to clutch Heidi again, wrapping her right arm half around the smaller girl’s waist.  “Ouufff!!!” Heidi suddenly groaned and hunched forward. Elena had used the clinch to swing her damaged left leg up and knee Heidi in the stomach.

Heidi now showed she could take punishment too. Gripping Elena tightly by the hair with her left hand, she yanked her foe’s head back and sent several unanswered punches into Elena’s exposed midriff. The first brought an explosion of warm breath from Elena’s open mouth.  The second and third drew a groan, then a gasp as Heidi hammered the air from Elena’s lungs.  Elena took the pounding for a moment, before she whipped forward and clung tight to Heidi. We saw why when again – and then a third time – Elena’s left knee battered Heidi in the belly.

Heidi stumbled away, more slowly now. Her chest heaved as she fought for breath.  It was obvious to all of use that Elena’s trio of brutal belly blows had winded and hurt the bratty blonde.

Elena followed her closely.  Her pinched expression and tight clenched jaws told us how much her dragging leg hurt. She kept firing light punches at Heidi who, for the moment at least, seemed to have no answer.  Heidi kept retreating and Elena kept punching at her midsection and chest. Heidi did her best to dodge and parry but most of the blows found their mark.  

Soon though, Heidi began to recover and defend more effectively, and then she started to hit back, trying to keep on Elena's left side. Elena kept turning to make that as hard as possible. She hammered Heidi whenever she could. Elena was trying to end the fight. She looked worn out. Heidi wasn't much better.  She too was puffing, her movements much slower than they had been, but it was Elena who was lumbering on a damaged leg.

Heidi used her better mobility to dart in and out, striking lightly but often, not giving Elena the chance to wind up and throw one of her heavy punches.  Heidi would have to be as ditsy as she pretended to be if she didn't realise the damage one of those punches would do to her.  She avoided most of Elena's blows. Those that hit made her wince and groan. Her face and her slower movements revealed that she’d been hurt but her defence and her counter attacks told us she wasn’t out yet. Elena seemed ever slower.  She dragged her leg more.  Her left arm flopped instead of punching hard. She cried out audibly now whenever Heidi hit her.

Heidi grew bolder.  She came in close and fired a series of shots at Elena’s chest and ribs.  Elena turned and tried to knee Heidi again with her left leg but failed.  She was too slow. Heidi closed again and peppered Elena's ribs with the same light punches she'd used earlier.

Elena fell back. Heidi followed, still punching.  Then Heidi doubled up. Elena had been waiting for that mistake and had slugged her in the stomach with a left right combo that left the smaller blonde bent over and retching.  Both Elena's fists seemed to have sunk to the wrists into Heidi’s midsection.

“Heidi got careless,” Kelly said quietly to me.

Back in command of the fight now, Elena relentlessly administered blow after punishing blow to the smaller woman.  Each made Heidi cry out.  She gagged and spit erupted from her mouth as Elena worked on her stomach.  When Heidi tried to defend. Elena switched her attack to Heidi’s face. She was equally successful there, though the ever louder grunts of exertion betrayed her own suffering.  Her left-handed punches were fewer and far lighter than those with her right.  It didn’t matter however.  Heidi was finished.

And Heidi knew it. “Stop! Stop…please!  You’re killing me!” she begged, holding out a beseeching hand.

Elena dropped her arms.  Her whole body sagged in relief. She started to turn, then suddenly gasped in dismay as Heidi threw herself forward, body slamming the older woman. Heidi's friends stood in silence.

“No!” Malcolm yelled as his girlfriend staggered under the impact.  Elena’s left leg crumpled and she almost went down.  Had Heidi hung onto her, she would definitely have done so but winded as she was, Heidi couldn’t manage to drag her down and somehow, Elena managed to stay on her feet.  

Kelly and I looked at each other.

Heidi attacked like a wildcat, clawing, slapping and punching – a welter of blows. I was astonished that she still had the energy. Elena, no longer surprised but exhausted from the fight and half winded by the body slam to her ribs, struggled to defend. She didn't succeed. Heidi was all over her.   Elena retreated as fast as her damaged leg would let her. Heidi was faster. She chased the older woman for what seemed a full minute, hitting, slapping and kicking, dodging around Elena whenever the taller woman tried to parry or fight back.  

Elena retreated into the narrow space between two cars. She backed past the hoods to the level of the windshields where Heidi couldn’t attack from either side.  She faced her foe, her face flushed, her breath coming in ragged gasps that filled the cold air around her with steam.  She swayed on her feet.

Heidi smiled.  “Nowhere to run now, betch!”  She stepped in and launched a blow at Elena’s injured left side that was the equal of anything I’d ever seen Elena dish out.  

Elena stood and faced her foe – then delivered a punch that Heidi couldn't dodge. Instead it hammered the smaller girl's midsection. Heidi folded forward and Elena sent her left fist in an uppercut aimed at Heidi’s chin.  Heidi parried it – it was slow and not very forceful since Elena's left arm was still suffering. However, Heidi didn't parry the roundhouse right blow that hit her in the temple and slammed her against an auto, hard enough to rock the car on its suspension.

Grimly Elena stepped forward.  She had the smaller girl pinned now. When Heidi tried to slip away sideways, she drove her fist hard into the preppy girl’s side.  Her left was weak but Heidi’s own momentum did most of the work.  Heidi staggered, straight into another uppercut that arched her back and threw her hard against the car. Spit and despite the cold, sweat too flew through the air.  Heidi groaned.

She managed to deflect Elena's straight jab, pushing it away to the side, but groaned once more when Elena's left knee slugged her stomach yet another time.  Again Elena's grimace betrayed the pain that lifting her leg had caused, but it was little compared to the damage that the smaller girl suffered. Heidi doubled up as spit and air rushed from her lungs.

“Why did you mock me?” Elena fired an uppercut to Heidi's chin that forced her upright, her arms hanging limp, her body completely open to Elena's fists that slugged her stomach again in two left-right combos.

“Why did you flirt with my man?”

Heidi legs buckled.  She slid down auto to her knees, weeping, cradling her belly.

Elena grabbed her hair and forced her head up. Heidi shivered as she looked up into Elena’s eyes, fear etched on her tear stained face

“Why did you make me fight you??” Elena asked. Holding Heidi with her left hand, she raised her right, bent over and sent three more unanswered punches into her foe's midriff.  Heidi gave a strangled groan as each blow landed.  Drool and tears puddled on the concrete.

“Elena, that's enough.” Malcolm said. “You've taught her a lesson she won't forget.”

“She cheated!  She attacked me, after she'd surrendered!”  She didn’t raise her fist again, but she didn’t let go of Heidi either.

“Elena, let her apologise.”

Elena glared down at Heidi. “You heard him.”

“I'm…sorry,” Heidi whimpered. She was still sobbing.

“Why? Why did you mock me, why did you flirt with Malcolm?”  Elena shook Heidi and pushed her against the wheel of the car.  “Why did you provoke me into a fight?” I had the same question.  Heidi must have known that Elena would destroy her.

Heidi struggled for breath.  “I hate you,” she sobbed at last.

“You don’t even know me!”

“I hate…people like you…because you make me feel small. You…you have to struggle to succeed…but you do.  I couldn’t…you make me feel small.”  Heidi’s shoulders shook.  “I hate you.” Her circle of friends stood silently, their eyes averted.  Their body language indicated their fervent wish that they were anywhere but here, right now.

Elena stepped over the weeping Heidi.  She limped up to Malcolm. “I'm sorry,” she said and gave a helpless, one-shouldered shrug.  Even that brought a grimace. “She was so in my face.”

Malcolm nodded. He put his arm round her. They walked away.  So did Kelly and I.  

Kelly astounded me on the way home. “Peter, I'm too like Heidi.  Stuck up…arrogant. Look how I treated Wendy Armstrong. I've never given Elena a fair chance. That's going to change.”  Before I could say – or even think – anything, she announced,  “I'm going to join a roller derby team.”

I almost drove off the highway.

My thanks to those who helped me and especially to the wonderful Elena and Heidi for appearing in this story. And to those of you who have requested guest appearances, they are coming as fast as I can write stories. please be patient.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:52:36 PM by peccavi »
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline AddisonM

Re: Kelly and her friends 23 Unlawful Occaisions.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
Got to say I admire Elena for trying to keep her cool against Heidi. I expected that she would fly at Heidi the first change she got ;D

Also Kelly her announcement (that she will join a roller derby team) make me laughing so bad my stomach still hurts XD
Thank you Jenn for another great story in the "Kelly and her friends" series.

Love,
Annebell

Kelly on a roller derby team huh?  I expect to see her ass flying over the railing and up into the seats a lot.
Great story, great fight scene

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:09:26 AM »
Got to say I admire Elena for trying to keep her cool against Heidi. I expected that she would fly at Heidi the first change she got ;D

Also Kelly her announcement (that she will join a roller derby team) make me laughing so bad my stomach still hurts XD
Thank you Jenn for another great story in the "Kelly and her friends" series.

Love,
Annebell

Its good to know that even in a fictional story ...life imitates art as Heidi gets her ass kicked here too......no shock there.....great job jenn......
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

Offline Heidi Alexis Foster

• God Member
    • Best video EVER!!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »
Puh-lease!!! This was obviously TOTAL fiction!! Elena, anytime you'd like to have a cyber match, I have no doubt that I would mop the floor with you. Just so we're all clear! *curtsies*

Hugs and kisses and glitter ,
Heidi

Offline Fw190 A

• More cowbell!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:17 AM »
As always, a wonderful story from a wonderful writer ...

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »
Puh-lease!!! This was obviously TOTAL fiction!! Elena, anytime you'd like to have a cyber match, I have no doubt that I would mop the floor with you. Just so we're all clear! *curtsies*

Hugs and kisses and glitter ,
Heidi

Elena....I'd take her up on that as it would be the easiest fight you ever won.....the only fiction involved is Heidi's ability to fight :P
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"