News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Writer Appreciation

• 22 Replies

Offline CatfightOriginals

• God Member
Writer Appreciation
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »
There is none.  How long does it take to post a freakin' comment?
Catwriter

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
Re: Writer Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »
If you're writing for appreciation or comments, then you're writing for the wrong reason.  If something evokes enough of a response, I comment.  Most of what is written here isn't worth the time to respond, at least not positively.  There has been a good run of new stories recently and hopefully those keep getting comments.
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
To be fair, since non members can view the stories, you could have views from people who can't comment since they aren't members.  There is also likely a number of people who read a story and it might not be "not my thing" If say your kink was interracial, you likely have to read the story a bit to see if that is what the story features. Once you figure it doesn't, you stop. Doesn't mean you think it is a bad story, but you aren't reading it. My experience is also that more people post comments and support privately versus in public. Some find it more personal that way and also likely find posting "I like this " in public feels a bit silly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:24:40 AM by nutmeg78 »

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
Good points Nutmeg.  Didn't realize non members could't comment.  I'm getting grouchier.  I'm old.  But I totally disagree with Leroy.  I think writers like to hear from people who enjoy their work.  Why, for example, is their a comment section at all.  Wouldn't need one on your site.

I do agree that it's nice to have a purpose in writing, like making money for instance.  But that's between a writer and kindle.  I'd like to hear from other writers who could care less if people comment or not.  Alrighty then.

Catwriter
Catwriter

Offline betnsuneha

• fight in classy outfit
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
I will fight with her let's see who's gonna win

Offline ginacaranofan

• God Member
  • love u gina!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
Good points Nutmeg.  Didn't realize non members could't comment.  I'm getting grouchier.  I'm old.  But I totally disagree with Leroy.  I think writers like to hear from people who enjoy their work.  Why, for example, is their a comment section at all.  Wouldn't need one on your site.

I do agree that it's nice to have a purpose in writing, like making money for instance.  But that's between a writer and kindle.  I'd like to hear from other writers who could care less if people comment or not.  Alrighty then.

Catwriter

i second that , the writer needs to get some feedbacks positive or negative, to know how the people are receiving his/her work. not everyone here is a pro in writing , mostly amateurs and when they dont get enugh feedbacks tend to think that their works ain't worth it.

Offline Wondering48

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
I have commented on your stories in the past and have always loved your work. I passed commenting on this one since I already had the story in my personal library. I don't know where the previous story came from, but probably Seaking or the Old Sensual, Sexfighting Forum that has long been gone. So keep them coming.

Offline JuliaVargas

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »
Even if people like the story, there's some reluctance to comment. I guess many people think it would be a bit dumb to write just a few words: Hey, good work, thank you. It's hot!

Seems unnecessary and irrelevant, although the writers would prefer simple feedback like that instead of that annoying silence.

Anyway, I like your stories very much, Catwriter. Please forgive me I haven't told you until now. I'll try to comment every story I like here, even if I just write: Hey, that was hot!
Read my stories and you’ll understand what you can expect from me…

http://amazon.com/author/juliavargas

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
I just recently wrote a story and only had one comment on it. I have to admit that it would be nice to see more people's thoughts on it, good or bad. I don't post them for the comments but posting something about a story, especially if you like it, might make the writer feel like he's accomplished something. That said, I know I don't post as many comments as I should for other writers.

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 01:16:39 AM »
Great comments.  Just wanted to get a discussion going.  Wondering, not to worry, the post was certainly not directed at you.  I love your support

Catwriter
Catwriter

Offline ooreach

• God Member
  • I love competitive sexfights. Pain and pleasure.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »
Great comments! I write first for myself and then hope someone else enjoys the story. I write like I speak and yes, I have plenty of grammatical errors, but it's still fun or I wouldn't do it. I don't script much meaning my mind starts racing and I type what is  in my mind. I hardly ever delete much more then a sentence or two.    I've written over 12 stories over the years and have gotten more comments in the past few months then over the years, but I'm ok with that. I'm not hoping to get paid, it's a hobby.

Offline ginacaranofan

• God Member
  • love u gina!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 06:58:17 AM »
I just recently wrote a story and only had one comment on it. I have to admit that it would be nice to see more people's thoughts on it, good or bad. I don't post them for the comments but posting something about a story, especially if you like it, might make the writer feel like he's accomplished something. That said, I know I don't post as many comments as I should for other writers.
yea, as a writer, comments makes him interested to do his stories more often coz he feels its been received by the readers and wish to improve his stories as well. if there are no comments about his story the first impression wud be that his story is poor.
i had that feeling wen i wrote my story series, upon receiving less comments i too lost that passion for writing even thou i am not an expert as a writer, but atleast that try was over. thats why i comment wen new stories are written here, just to make the author feel good

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »
All great comments.  Hey, we're actually getting "comments" here.  TADA.  My work is done, lol

Cat
Catwriter

Offline ginacaranofan

• God Member
  • love u gina!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
All great comments.  Hey, we're actually getting "comments" here.  TADA.  My work is done, lol

Cat
It doesn't matter who u are. What matters is ur plan , lolzzzz

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
Comments on the stories help the authors understand whether people are interested.  Even if its a simple comment or a private message.  Plus sometimes a comment or message could spur some new thoughts or ideas for storylines later.