News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

1998 Queen of Music Group Stage & Info

• 16 Replies

3count

1998 Queen of Music Group Stage & Info
« on: August 14, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
WARNING: Possibly long post ahead, if you just want to see what the group stage draw is then skip to the second post  :)

So the final 16 have been decided and voted for now it's time to see how this tournament will be structured. First of all, it won't be a straight knockout style competition, instead the 16 women will be placed into 4 groups of 4 with each group having it's own round robin.

The 16 finalists have been divided into 3 seeding groups:

Top seed: Faith Evans, Melanie Brown, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson.
Bottom seed: LeAnn Rimes, Shania Twain, Victoria Adams, Kylie Minogue.

Top seeds are the largest women (in terms of weight) and the bottom seeds are the lightest. Each top seed will be placed into a separate group as will each bottom seed - so Faith, Mel B, Mariah and Janet can't be drawn in the same group and neither can LeAnn, Shania, Victoria or Kylie.

Unseeded: Madonna, Emma Bunton, Faith Hill, Aaliyah, Jewel Kilcher, Mya Harrison, Gwen Stefani, Natalie Imbruglia.

The other 8 are unseeded and can be drawn in any order into any group. Each group will contain a top seed, a bottom seed and 2 unseeded.

Only the group winners will advance to the semi finals, while those finishing bottom will have a nasty surprise in store as there are a few mystery guests who can't wait to get their hands on these pampered stars.

Secondly, the matches will follow a very different pattern and style to what is the norm here. It's an experiment and if people don't like it then match rules will revert to what's popular. Voting will not be the sole determining factor in a result, and matches will not be to a single fall or submission.

I must stress that voting will still have a very big impact on how a much goes, it just won't be the "be all and end all" of it.

Anyway onto the group draw.

3count

Re: 1998 Queen of Music Group Stage & Info
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
Group A
Janet Jackson - 32 y.o. 5'4" 126lbs
Mya Harrison - 19 y.o. 5'5" 119lbs
Faith Hill - 31 y.o. 5'9" 121lbs
Kylie Minogue - 30 y.o. 4'11" 96lbs

Group B
Mariah Carey - 28 y.o. 5'7" 128lbs
Emma Bunton - 22 y.o. 5'2" 123lbs
Jewel Kilcher - 24 y.o. 5'6" 119lbs
Victoria Adams - 24 y.o. 5'4" 105lbs

Group C
Melanie Brown - 23 y.o. 5'5" 132lbs
Natalie Imbruglia - 23 y.o. 5'3" 115lbs
Madonna - 40 y.o. 5'4" 125lbs
LeAnn Rimes - 18 y.o. 5'5" 113lbs

Group D
Faith Evans - 25 y.o. 5'6" 140lbs
Aaliyah - 20 y.o. 5'5" 120lbs
Gwen Stefani - 29 y.o. 5'6" 115lbs
Shania Twain - 33 y.o. 5'3" 108lbs

Offline Firefly

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
This should be very entertaining.  :)

3count

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »
This should be very entertaining.  :)
Glad you're looking forward to it! The first set of matches will be posted in the next 24 hours.

Offline vivvivve

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 03:02:14 AM »
looks very interesting. will there be votes and stories? how does it work?

3count

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »
There will be voting on every single match, however instead of the voting poll determining the result it will instead impact the chances of a certain result happening. For every match, the odds of a result will be calculated before hand using facts only so age, height, weight, bmi. So 2 women in their 20s both 5'6" and both 120lbs would be an even 50-50 split, but then on the voting here one of them polls 62%. I'll take the average of the statistical and vote percentages (in this case it would be 55-45).

The match itself will be first to 3 points, a point awarded from a pinfall or making the opponent submit. Group A matches will be posted today, once I've found some good images to post.

Offline vivvivve

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
There will be voting on every single match, however instead of the voting poll determining the result it will instead impact the chances of a certain result happening. For every match, the odds of a result will be calculated before hand using facts only so age, height, weight, bmi. So 2 women in their 20s both 5'6" and both 120lbs would be an even 50-50 split, but then on the voting here one of them polls 62%. I'll take the average of the statistical and vote percentages (in this case it would be 55-45).

The match itself will be first to 3 points, a point awarded from a pinfall or making the opponent submit. Group A matches will be posted today, once I've found some good images to post.

that so many big words for saying you will rig the votes to your own faves. people are not stupid. either you have a vote or you don't. go away George Bush

Offline eyeinthesky

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »

I'm confused. do you automatically equate taller and heavier with better fighter? and what about age? is it better to be younger and fresh or older and experienced? there's really no way to make an algorithm about these things

3count

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
that so many big words for saying you will rig the votes to your own faves. people are not stupid. either you have a vote or you don't. go away George Bush

What a needlessly aggressive post.

I'm confused. do you automatically equate taller and heavier with better fighter? and what about age? is it better to be younger and fresh or older and experienced? there's really no way to make an algorithm about these things

I can see where you are coming from, and I will just use the voting percentages from here given how a few seem unhappy. It was just to stop some of the occasional crazy voting, once this place has a favourite you might as well not bother polling. I remember how Charlize Theron basically walked any vote she was in.

Offline vivvivve

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »

What a needlessly aggressive post.

I can see where you are coming from, and I will just use the voting percentages from here given how a few seem unhappy. It was just to stop some of the occasional crazy voting, once this place has a favourite you might as well not bother polling. I remember how Charlize Theron basically walked any vote she was in.

ok I'm sorry. I just thought you were one of those cheaters but I actually see what you mean. but yes normal voting is better but maybe also if someone writes a post with maybe minimum 2 or 3 lines saying why they think this girl will win that could count like an extra point. or maybe that's too complicated again :-(

Offline vivvivve

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
by the way will there be stories of every match?

3count

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 09:05:15 PM »
ok I'm sorry. I just thought you were one of those cheaters but I actually see what you mean. but yes normal voting is better but maybe also if someone writes a post with maybe minimum 2 or 3 lines saying why they think this girl will win that could count like an extra point. or maybe that's too complicated again :-(

I'm just going to count votes as normal  :)

I will post what happened in the match and how it was won, I'm new at this though so go easy!

Offline vivvivve

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 09:16:22 PM »

I will post what happened in the match and how it was won, I'm new at this though so go easy!

yeah some stories are important. since you're new a piece of advice. I see for your current Janet Jackson vs Kylie Minogue match you set the vote time as just 24 hours or such. that's too little. some people don't check in daily but might want to vote. so I'd suggest from now on give people 3 days or so and then maybe have 2 or 4 matches at the same time if you think it'd take too long otherwise :-)

Offline de Trixah

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 12:02:39 PM »

yeah some stories are important. since you're new a piece of advice. I see for your current Janet Jackson vs Kylie Minogue match you set the vote time as just 24 hours or such. that's too little. some people don't check in daily but might want to vote. so I'd suggest from now on give people 3 days or so and then maybe have 2 or 4 matches at the same time if you think it'd take too long otherwise :-)

That is right. I was too late to vote (and thus to prevent this big upset).

Offline Firefly

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »
I actually have no issues with the original method of taking both the posts and the voting into consideration. Anybody who has spent any time on this board should be aware of the fact that the integrity of some of the "people" voting is sketchy at best.