News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Session review: Bullet at MWM, Sept 2015

• 0 Replies

Offline TheAmazingSpiderMouth

• God Member
Session review: Bullet at MWM, Sept 2015
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »
Bullet 3-0 The Amazing Spider-Mouth

The journey up has gone well, walking passed the railway arches towards the MWM gym, I see Bullet sitting with her head phones on, she has arrived early, gives me a wave as I approach and takes out her head phones.  Nice chat as we wait for Cam to arrive.  Cam arrives early too, big hug for each of us.  Cam opening the door, we enter.  Time to change.  I wear mid blue shorts and a bright orange vest.  Bullet is in well-fitting shorts and sports bra.  She has a really nice tan.  She explains she has had a holiday, great I’ve been training like mad and might be in with a chance of winning!  Bullet warms up taking some strikes at a punch bag.  She is seriously fit – holiday or no holiday.  Posing for some pre match photos with my mask on.  Now we are ready for action.

On our knees, moving closer, locking up, it’s on.  She is strong.  Leaning into each other, I try the Thai grip.  Bullet gets my right thigh with both hands and pulls it towards her as she drives forward with head and upper body.  Drives me onto my back.  That was so easy for her, she had me on my back before I even recognised she was about to take me down. She’s keeping me on my back. I’m working hard to try and get her in my half guard, but Bullet is in control, dominant position.  I am doing enough to prevent Bullet getting the full mount, I struggle hard, wriggling, shrimping, energetic.  Bullet matching my effort to keep me where I am while she looks for the opportunity to move towards a submission move.  Bullet looking for an Americana on my right arm, I manage to reach behind her neck with my left, connecting my arms to prevent the Americana.  Bullet tries for side control, rotating across my chest, giving me the chance to press up with my legs, rocking forward.  She has to rotate back solidly over me to keep me under control.  She knows she is going to be in a battle today, commenting she is impressed with how I am doing so far.  The only way I’ll get her off from here is to push up with the palm of my hand and try and roll her over from a sitting position.  Pushing up, Bullet pushed me straight back down again.  I am still trying for the half guard without success.  Bullet sits up, keeping her right leg loose as her left heel is placed beside my shoulder.  She gets my right arm, swinging around and pulling back, the legs positioned across my chest, the arm bar is on, I try to roll towards it , but Bullet uses her legs to keep me pressed down flat.  She stretches the upper arm over her hip, pulling the forearm down perfectly to gain the submission.  I tap.  1-0 to Bullet.  I glance at the clock, I had held out for 9 minutes, that is not too bad.

We are well and truly into the second round and it has gone pretty much like the first except I have manged to get my half guard on keep one of her legs captured.  I’m trying to roll ~Bullet onto her back, but she positions her arm well, pressing down on the mats to stop me rolling her.  I pull the arm, bending it behind my head, feeling Bullet losing her balance,  I go for the role but she spreads a leg out wide to stop me.  This is an excellent struggle.  We’ve been frustrating each other’s efforts.  I shift about on the mats, demonstrating to her that I have plenty of fitness and lots of energy.  It does not matter that I am still on my back, the fact that I am maintaining this tempo will be getting to her.  Our heads are in close as we work at the position, looking for the opening to make a transition into a more advantageous position.  I push up with my arm, sitting up, Bullet going for the guillotine, I keep her arms apart.  The match continues, a controlled battle, technical execution and tactical awareness combined with a steady physical work-out.  A film of sweat forming on bullet’s forehead, nothing like the drops of sweat in our first fight, she is so fit these days.  She eventually traps me, getting her head to the side of my right upper arm, using her head to press the arm into my neck and chin.  She has reached round my neck with her own right arm and is tightening the grip.  It is an arm triangle, on perfectly, I cannot get out, she squeezes it tighter, I tap. 2-0 to Bullet.

I held out really well in the second round before she got me.  At this rate, there will only be time for one more point.  There might not even be another point if I can keep up this defence and if Bullet tires.  Once again, I use my half guard.  Bullet takes this as a challenge to escape from it.  She is trying for a kimura, but I am on my back and she cannot really get the kimura without pushing my arm behind me and I deliberately cut that option off for her by lying flat on my back.  Bullet is having to think of something else.  I manage to roll her over, she uses her arms to keep my chest from pressing down on her, so my centre of gravity is high and that makes me unstable and it is not long before I topple onto my side.  Need to be careful, Bullet almost getting my back.  I’m on my side, facing her, trying to hook my right leg around her but Bullet angles her body just enough so my leg cannot get any kind of connection.  Bullet smiles, telling me she knows what I am thinking of doing.  She goes for another arm triangle, she has it on, my arm trapped between my own head and her head.  Bullet tightening the grip around my neck with her right arm.  Then she rotates her body 45 degrees to the outside of mine allowing her to crank the arm triangle on really tight, much tighter than the first one, I tap and the match ends 3-0 to Bullet.

That was excellent from Bullet as always, but this was my best ever performance against her and I must say I am delighted.  We give each other a hug, congratulating each other on the match.  A few photos with me in my mask to re-create the winning moves of Bullet.  Thanks to Cam for arranging the match and tanks to Bullet, we’ll fight again before Christmas. xx

Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.