News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Samurai 4-0 Spidey - at MWM London, October 2015

• 0 Replies

Offline TheAmazingSpiderMouth

• God Member
Samurai 4-0 Spidey - at MWM London, October 2015
« on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
I’ve just showered after my match with Frida and have emerged from the shower room to see Samurai arriving and being greeted by Cam.  I join them.  Chatting, catching up.  Frida joins us.  Frida says her good byes for now and so it is time for Samurai and I to warm up. Samurai stretching methodically as I use isometric exercises to make sure my muscles are ready for what they are about to be subjected to.  Samurai in all black sports bra and gym pants while I where blue / grey two tone shorts and vest.  She has waxed her legs, I wonder if that was just for me? Unlike my match with Frida, Samurai and I agree that we will start each round on our knees so here we go.  We tap BJJ style and the bout is on.  Samurai up on one leg, reaching over for the guillotine attempt, she is fast today and determined to get points early.  I work my way out of the guillotine, methodically removing one of her arms from beneath my head and then the other.  I’ve got the half guard defence on and Samurai is protesting about it.  That’s a good sign that it is an effective defensive technique against her.  Getting on top.  Samurai pulling my left forearm into her side and my right forearm into her other side then joining her hands to try and squeeze my arms awkwardly into her sides but it is not effective.  She gives up on the move.  Vigorously wrestling, she rolls on top, a forearm coming down towards my throat.  I push her elbow to one side of my head and so she is leaning across me now.  Samurai comments that I am strong, that pleases me and I keep up my stubborn resistance.  All arms and legs, Samurai is looking for a triangle, I am keeping her legs spread wide about my neck and torso with my hands.  Samurai falling backwards but facing me, pulling my right leg in to her right side, grabbing the leg with both hands, turning away from me so my hip is being pulled into her pelvis, the upper leg feeling it.  I have to tap because my upper leg was locked.  It was not an ankle lock, not a knee bar, but an improvised move that went for my thigh bone and the iliotibial tract down the side of my leg.  1-0 to Samurai.

Just like my match against Frida, I had come in with hopes of keeping a clean sheet but found myself having to tap.  So I now need pins to equalise and need to defend alertly and quickly with the pace Samurai is setting.  Round 2 is a very short round.  While I ponder on tactics, Samurai squeezes the body scissors on and moves into a 2-0 lead.  She is asking if I am ok because I did shout out a submission as my ribs were being squeezed. All is good, as long as my opponent releases me when I tap, everything is ok.  We get on our knees, squaring up for round 3.

We lock up, again Samurai up on one leg to try and overpower me, I am ready and roll her onto her back, looking for an Americana but I am little too deliberate in placing my arm beside her head before working the other arm in and Samurai has pulled herself up and is trying to get my back.  Keeping her arms away from my throat, I turn and face her, we stumble into an awkward position and she goes for a knee bar, she is very good at this but I reach and grab my own foot to bend the leg and avoid having to tap.  Getting on top, taunting her, Samurai with gritted teeth is getting frustrated, desperately struggling to get out from under me, this is a young lady who just does not like to be pinned down.  Samurai’s frustration turns to aggression and determination and through sheer will power she escapes, getting on top of me, going for an American.  I am reaching around the back of her, pulling her in close, then connecting my hands and pulling my right arm up to avoid the Americana she is trying to bend on.  Cam looking across to make sure the fight is not getting out of hand, a moment of stalemate and Samurai and I both start laughing, a smile from Cam as she looks on from the office area.  The match is speeding up, fast and energetic, some water bottled are sent flying, I’m not sure if it was my foot or Samurai’s that did that!  Samurai, on top, sitting, twisting, pulling my right arm in between her legs and the arm bar is on, I am trying to roll into it, but Samurai has repositioned and I have to tap.  3-0 to Samurai. 

That was a long round with no let-up in the action.  We take on water before getting down on our knees ready for the final exchange.  We are all tangled up, I get up sitting on top of Samurai but I am the wrong way round and facing her feet rather than her face.  Scratching my head wondering what to do, Samurai laughing and the position we are in.  I get off her, but before I can turn round, Samurai has sprung up and is going for my back, I fight off a rear naked choke attempt.  Battling on, Samurai looking for a triangle, but I keep her legs apart with my hands.  Rolling onto my side, watching out for the head scissors, Samurai sits up looking for a face sit pin, but I push at her butt and get out the back.  Facing each other, re-engaging immediately, Samurai going for the full mount, planting a foot, looking for an arm bar, but she only pulls my wrist through her legs but my elbow is clear and the arm bar will not work.  Samurai is relentless, looking for a guillotine behind her back, it is exhilarating trying to avoid her attacks.  Samurai lying across my chest, legs out away from my body, my head is isolated, but I am holding on with both arms around her body and arms.  We rotate on the mats as Samurai tries to pull the neck hold home.  Samurai tries something else, a body scissors, I keep it on my pelvis bone and she wastes some effort trying to squeeze.  She is slipping down my body and gets half a grapevine on, her left leg and my right leg hooked together.  I’m surprised that she is not tiring.  She is pulling my head in between her thighs, adjusting, pulling on the head scissors, I tap, 4-0 to Samurai.  What a match, we had a really good hard go at each other today.  We embrace at the end of a hard battle.  Samurai deserved the win, they were good submission holds that got me, no argument there.  A good day with Warrior also down at MWM in the afternoon.  So good to see everyone.  I’ll be back in November for Friday 13th Part V.  A big thanks to Cam for arranging the day and to Samurai for a great match x
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.