News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Emily VanCamp versus Melissa Benoist (Marvel vs DC) (Boxing Story)

• 14 Replies

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
This is a fun match-up I wrote for the FCBA (http://members5.boardhost.com/SSB2) to promote the rivalry between Marvel and DC comics, as well as the debut of Supergirl!    I've got no idea how the show will turn out, but I'm eager to find out!!    Feel free to check out this match and the show, of course!    If you have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or comments, please let me know via message or down below!    Regardless, hope you enjoy!!   Here you go:

Emily VanCamp versus Melissa Benoist
(Marvel versus DC)
(Supergirl Debut Match)

{alt}{alt}

BEFORE:   It’s a thrilling atmosphere here tonight as the fight itself is taking place in a unique setting for the Halloween season between Emily VanCamp , former star of “Revenge” and now part of the “Captain America” movies, part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU.)  and Melissa Benoist, the star of “Supergirl”, projected to be one of the biggest television hits of the season and no doubt part of DC’s media plans going forward.   

Melissa Benoist comes forward to the ring in high spirits and looking exceedingly exuberant, high fiving fans as she hops down to the ring in a tight blue top and a pair of red shorts that fit snugly around her hips, with a red hair band in an outfit that looks a lot like this:  (http://i.imgur.com/0pBdPr4.gif )   Melissa is beaming, just smiling as she takes a moment to pretend to ‘fly” as the fans cheer and turns around, posing with her hands on her hips in an iconic pose to show off as she laughs, “First of all, I’d like to thank Lookout! Boxing and Emily VanCamp for this awesome opportunity!      I’m really eager to show the league what I can do!    Out of the many, many girls who tried out for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of Supergirl, there can be only one that was picked and that girl was me!    The one girl who they thought could handle being one of the toughest, fittest, most amazing superheroes on the planet and there is no question that they made the right choice.   Now, it’s time for Emily and the rest of the division to learn why!”

Emily VanCamp looks very confident, waving to the fans and blowing kisses as she struts down to the ring in an outfit that looks a lot like this:  ( http://41.media.tumblr.com/b5a5fced9c818487f39bf933f7ceb350/tumblr_nmdj73cNji1tfpcfqo1_500.jpg) complete with the shield.    Emily poses a few times walking down the ramp with the Shield, much to the fans approval!    Emily Vancamp is wearing a Star-Spangled top meant to showcase her toned midriff and a pair of matching blue shorts, rather than long pants.      Emily smiles as she places one hand on her hip and hands off the shield to the referee as there certainly can’t be any foreign objects in the ring!  Emily licks her lips in anticipation, “I’ve been a big supporter of Melissa Benoist, seeing her in “Glee”, “Whiplash”!    I’ve also been privileged to see her in Supergirl and I’ve got no doubt she’s the right choice for the part!   Now, of course, I’m really excited to see her in the ring.    But, between Marvel and DC, you know you can Make Mine Marvel!    There is no question or competition between which cinematic universe is better and of course, the same is going to happen in the ring that it does on the big screen.       Melissa is going to just be the latest example of why we’re better and for the record, I’m better!”

Both girls putting on their gloves, with Melissa wearing a pair of red gloves and Emily wearing a pair of blue gloves to prepare for the match ahead, as the two of them chest up against another to bully each other back in an early attempt at intimidation with both fighters the same height.     Stepping into the ring, which is enclosed in a padded room with a sign placed around the outside that reads “Arkham Asylum.”, placing this in the DC Universe and Melissa’s home turf for tonight’s battle. 

R1:    Em comes forward aggressively on her front leg as she doubles up on the jab, then sneaking in a left hand clean across Melissa’s jaw to start things off hard.    Viciously smiting Benoist early on as the “Supergirl” star appears momentarily startled, but soaks up the punishment as she slides backwards out of range.      Emily coming forward again, but Benoist also weaving into range as she just delivers hard right hands thudding into Emily’s ribcage and her left just whacking away up top towards VanCamp’s chest to back her up.     However, VanCamp remains poised and confidence as she keeps up the pressure, just touching Melissa up top and creating space to turn her foe around the ring.    Melissa unable to get free as Emily dictates the pace for close points in the first.

R2:   Both fighters putting on a display of classy boxing in the second round, with both fighters displaying more composure here as they bring right hands up high and left hands sticking out stiff shots to one another’s face.     Both of them moving around the ring in long, sweeping movements as they pivot for control, planting on that lead leg as they push off of their other foot to keep pushing each other backwards and just whacking away up top.    However, it’s Melissa who is the more active in the second round with her right hand continually testing Em’s reflexes and working her over to body as she just keeps pounding away with steady left/right shots.    Emily grunts out as she backpedals towards the ropes, doubled over a bit as Melissa takes control in the second.

R3:   Emily looks to negotiate terms once again as she pivots around th erring, just using her jab to lead the way as she works over Melissa’s face, scuffing it up nicely as her right hand goes to spear downwards into Melisa’s breadbasket.    Melissa doubling up nicely as she then goes to town with limber right and left handed hooking combinations up top to leave Benoist in earmuff back up against the ropes.    Emily then chooses to pick her spots to lean in nice and close, whispering into Melissa’s ear, “Feel that?    That’s real power, ‘Lissa…” as she just hammers away with short, jagged uppercuts into Melissa’s ribcage, just pounding in underneath her breast as her long legs manage to hold her up.    Melissa is groaning out as she backs up into the ropes, firing off some hard-hitting left and rights to try to keep VanCamp back.     Emily, however, is able to keep touching Benoist for points and keeping her trapped along the ropes to retake initiative in the third.

R4:  However, Melissa looks to pull back the initiative in her favor in the following round to showcase her own competitive spirit as Benoist starts off by patiently jabbing at Emily’s face until it’s a bright shade of pink.    Emily bobbing and parrying nicely, but Melissa demonstrating her range as she just shoots out some hard hooks off of her shoulder, just startling Emily with her power.  Em’s head whips to the side as those small, red gloves kiss off of Emily’s chin as she is caught by surprise.    VanCamp forced to  clinch as she tries to keep her head clear, but Melissa showing off her strength now as she is stronger in the clinch and pushes Emily back towards the ropes, making her take her full weight as she takes the opportunity to whisper, “Who’s got the power now, huh, Em?   Huh?  You feeling it?”.   Emily’s face turns pink, not just from the shots she’s taken as Melissa pushes off her all big girl before she just clouts Emily with a right cross to her temple to send her staggering along the ropes as the bell sounds.    Melissa with a big round as she just takes the fight to Emily to even up the cards through four. 

R5:   Emily sets out angrily, determined to take away Melissa’s jab and her spirit in this round.    Both girls are rotating clockwise, right hands upwards and left hands just poking away via the left, hard jab.   Melissa and Emily showing impressive discipline, hooking towards ribcage, tummy or tits when the opportunity presents itself off of the jab as they both seek to impose their will on the other.    Halfway through the round, it’s Melissa who is being continually punched in the face as her sound defense seems to unravel as she finds herself slightly outclassed by the slick boxing display.    Melissa keeping her guard up top to minimize the damage, though finds herself grunting whenever Emily switches down low to pound at her tummy and then, it’s Melissa’s turn to clinch.   Melissa trying to show off her power again as she pushes Emily back in the clinch, but Emily spins her around and shoves her back against the ropes, making her take weight.    Emily pushes off then and starts lumping Benoist up with right/left/right combinations up top that have Benoist struggling to compete as Emily takes the lead through five with a strong display here.

R6:   However, plenty of fight still left for Melissa as she pounces out from her corner and just whacks away at Emily with rangy, buggywhip rights to hammer away at her ribs, with a series of left and right shots just bludgeoning away at blonde tummy.     Any attempts to consolidate her gains from the last round are forgotten as Emily is forced to back off as she misjudges the range of Benoist with her lanky rivaly able to reach in with quick tapping shots against her chin and mouth, with an occasional right hand streaking in overhead to crash into her temple.     Emily dazed, but is able to start reading the shots slightly to avoid them but Melissa keeps pushing forward as she chugs forward with strong but limber bantamweight hup-hup in close to outwork Emily.    Emily forced to back away once more as Melissa is working hard, walking Emily down along the ropes as she keeps pounding on blonde breadbasket as she has Emily mouth-breathing at the end of the sixth, hugging her abs.

R7:   Emily resumes her patient step and poke in the seventh, double popping and even triple popping out her jab, occasionally dropping in an unpredictable right from her shoulder to catch Melissa by surprise.    Melissa finds herself rocked as her head swivels to the side, but doing her best to keep her guard up as she keeps working at VanCamp’s abs to try to retake control once more.    However, Em keeps being selective as she keeps up her usual vicious effectiveness towards Benoist’s body as she keeps spearing straight rights towards her face via the jab but that left is just carving up along her rival’s abs.    It’s a whirling display of left and rights streaking across Melissa’s flank and ribcage, causing her to hug her torso as she shakes her head angrily in frustration but refuses to go down even as her legs give a shimmy.    Em keeping up the pressure as she tries to dictate tempo here in the seventh and force Melissa to accept her terms, but Benoist keeps fighting to the bell even as Emily wins the round wide.

R8:   The two of them coming out of their respective corners as both rangy girls go at it, just sending out slinging and stinging blows to their face as they alternate rights and lefts aggressively.    Just like Superman, Melissa elects to go into a phone booth, though it’s tight quarters with Emily also squeezing as the two trade jabs with wild abandon.     Melisa’s jab strong as each hard poke from Emily that smacks into Benoist’s face brings about a retaliatory left that hammers into Emily’s.    Emily stepping forward, right hand to cut across Melissa’s firm abs and then smiting her across her face, bringing her shot up from her shoulder as she dazes Melissa.    Benoist gasping, but giving it back in equal measure as she proves durable as she pounds away at Em’s breast, just crashing in her gloves in left/right/left, just hard-hitting and churning combinations as she steps forward.   In the first minute, Emily is forced to withdraw but keeping her gloves up rangy to strap wide right hands to chin.    But, by the second minute, Emily’s slugging seems to push Melissa backwards as they head towards the ropes.    Melissa’s power appears to be equal as she toggles Emily’s chin on more than one occasion but blonde will is prevailing as she manages to get on top with the better punching positions.    Both of them swinging aggressively into the final minute when Emily spears in a straight right to tummy that seems to double up Benoist, just following up with a strong left that clouts across Benoist’s breast to send her off balance.   Emily completes the combination with a final right uppercut that splits Melissa’s mitts and sends her wobbly butt.    Melissa tries to stay upright, but a quick left cross puts Benoist down as she spills to all fours towards the canvas.   Benoist tries to rise, but her legs and arms give out as she spills facefirst to the canvas.    Emily gazes coolly down at her opponent, hands on her hips as she steps backwards and watches as Melissa sprawls down across the mats.     Melissa rolls to the side, one leg pulled up along her side as she tries to sit up, hugging her abs but the ref counts to ten and then that’s it – KO8 in hard hitting fashion – Emily VanCamp!

AFTER:   Emily extends a hand to help Melissa up as the two of them exchange a hug and by the looks of it, some trash-talk is exchanged by the two as the hug grows a little bit heated.     Ref comes in to separate the two as they trade frosty glances at one another and it’s clear that things aren’t done between the two of them.    Once the ref steps away, the two of them lunge at one another to shove at one another as the ref is forced to intervene again, just pushing them apart with some difficulty as finally Melissa steps out of the ring, glaring at Emily over her shoulder.

Emily remains in the ring, hands raised high as she listens to the crowd chant “E-V-C, E-V-C, E-V-C!” as she parades around the ring, posing on each of the four corners before hopping down to address the press.   “And there Melissa goes out of my ring – up, up and away, right?” Emily says with a  chuckle, “But, seriously, girl’s legit.    Anybody else who takes her on should definitely be taking her seriously.   I didn’t before  as much as I should’ve and I nearly paid the price more than once in there.    But, in the end, just like I predicted, I was better.    Give her time, Melissa is going to get even better but  no question, I’m always planning on being superior.   Lots of girls talk about being the ‘Next Big Thing’, but guess what?   I’m already here.     I am a two-time freaking champ and guess what?    Third time is going to be the charm and whoever wants to stand in my way, Bantamweights Assemble!"  as Emily winks, listening to the chants as she collects her Shield and leaves the ring with a win over a fresh new face in the division.

As Melissa leaves the ring with a loss in her debut, she finds herself offered a ride in a limo to listen to a contract offer from one of the league’s finest stables, HMK Productions and with a fire in her eyes, Melissa was all too happy to not only listen but accept!      It would seem that both girls ended up in a winning position tonight after all – as a new bantamweight is added to the managed roster of HMK Productions and a new rivalry is born!  No doubt you'll see both girls again in the ring before long, but of course, you can catch Emily VanCamp on the big screen in Captain America: Civil War next year on May 6, 2016 and in the meantime, catch Melissa Benoist as the title character in SUPERGIRL, debuting tonight (October 26, 2015) at 8:30PM following a special episode of the Big Bang Theory before moving to its usual time of 8PM starting in November.      As evidenced by today's thrilling competition, neither should be missed!

Offline gene smith

• God Member
Re: Emily VanCamp versus Melissa Benoist (Marvel vs DC) (Boxing Story)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »
very good lookout
I CAN do I
I MUST do it
I WLL do it
Peter Cannon Thunderbolt

Offline Jimi

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »
That was fantastic work! Well done indeed, Lookout! That was a good read. Great matchup too.

Can I ask, what is the deal with that FCBA you linked to? I had a quick look, and there appeared to be some kind of league going on, but I couldn't quite work out how it worked.

Offline CelebFighter

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »
I'm generally not much of a boxing fan, but that was excellent work!  A very good read!

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »
very good lookout
[/quote

Sorry for the delay in responding as it's been a very busy week, but really glad you enjoyed the story!!   

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »
I'm generally not much of a boxing fan, but that was excellent work!  A very good read!

Thanks - I really appreciate the kind words!  :D   Boxing has not always been my favorite either - probably catfighting or apartment wrestling are my favorites - but I've been involved with the FCBA for some time now and I've learned boxing has a lot to offer!   I enjoy boxing quite a bit, but glad that even though it's not your favorite, there was still a lot for you to enjoy too!    That makes me feel good about the story! 

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
That was fantastic work! Well done indeed, Lookout! That was a good read. Great matchup too.

Can I ask, what is the deal with that FCBA you linked to? I had a quick look, and there appeared to be some kind of league going on, but I couldn't quite work out how it worked.

Glad you enjoyed the match - it was definitely a really fun match-up that we've been wanting to do since we learned Melissa Benoist would be Supergirl!    Given that she and EVC are about the same heights, we thought that would be an interesting one, plus if it raised awareness of Supergirl's debut, we're happy!    It was one of the biggest debuts of the year and if we contributed any to that, then great!  :D 

But, I'll send you a message regarding the FCBA if you're interested and if anybody else is interested in the FCBA, please feel free to message me!   I'd be happy to talk to anybody about it, but glad to hear you found something to like about the bout and thanks for the kind words!! 

Offline gene smith

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »
so when is the grudge match ?
I CAN do I
I MUST do it
I WLL do it
Peter Cannon Thunderbolt

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
so when is the grudge match ?

I am confident that these two will compete again in the near future hopefully, but this PPV, they will be facing different opponents!    If everything goes according to plan, you'll see Emily VanCamp compete against Katie Cassidy (Arrow) and you'll also see a battle of the Supergirls - with Melissa Benoist versus Laura Vandervoort (Smallville)!     The next FCBA PPV should hopefully take place on Monday November 30th if you're at all interested in catching up with either or both of these awesome match-ups!     But, we'll definitely build towards a rematch between them as long as the fans want to see it and it sounds like they do!!!

Offline Marvelcatfights

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 04:53:52 AM »
Excellent!  Every time there is a catfight on the Supergirl series, I always cheer against Supergirl!

Offline Jackflash Jump

• God Member
    • Quick Shots Yahoo Group
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 07:31:01 AM »
Oh, very, very good my friend.  And let me join what is sure to be a growing chorus calling for a rematch.  :D

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 04:17:51 PM »
Excellent!  Every time there is a catfight on the Supergirl series, I always cheer against Supergirl!

I would guess by your name that perhaps you're a Marvel fan, which I am too - Make Mine Marvel!    But, DC has a lot of amazing stuff going on too and we're big fans of Supergirl!    I'm really glad you enjoyed the story - you can always cheer for or against Melissa Benoist in any story that she appears in or on the show itself, which we're really looking forward to next season!     Thanks for your support!!

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
Oh, very, very good my friend.  And let me join what is sure to be a growing chorus calling for a rematch.  :D

Thank you very, very much!   We really appreciate your kind words and support on this bout, which was a lot of fun to write!   We have some other comic-book based bouts planned for EVC coming up too, but Melissa Benoist is near the top of our list and I'm sure EVC is on hers!   I don't know when there will be a rematch, but we're hopeful here in the near future if the fans continue to want it - and it sounds like they do!    ;D

Offline gene smith

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 10:13:59 PM »
and you can count me among them
I CAN do I
I MUST do it
I WLL do it
Peter Cannon Thunderbolt

Offline Lookout!

• God Member
    • FCBA
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
and you can count me among them

And soon as we have a rematch between these two, we'll make sure it's posted here for all of the fans to enjoy as soon as freaking possible!  If people want to see it, it will happen!