News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Idea for the old forum!

• 4 Replies

Offline MaskedBunny

• God Member
Idea for the old forum!
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:20:17 AM »
You know, I was thinking. We have an area for polls and real people to take on each other and cyber matches and stuff...it might be nice to have a forum for writers to compete/challenge other writers in story writing and have people vote on which is better in certain themes like superheroes or oil wrestling or whatever. And to have contests or tournaments of writers for 'best erotic combat writer of 20Xx' or 'best beat down writer.' Just a random idea. I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't know which to place it.

Offline TheInquisitor

Re: Idea for the old forum!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 06:20:51 AM »
Kinda disappointed this apparently didn't get any traction, but it's a really neat idea.

Offline TheScribbler

• God Member
  • Everyone's a writer - most people just don't know
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
Let me offer a personal perspective on this...and let me stress that it's only my own opinion.

I don't want to compete with other writers here.  There are a bunch of us who regularly post stories here, and who work together to share ideas, ask for and give advice, proof read each other's stories and so on.  We help each other.  We're all trying to make our own work into the best stories they can be, and to help others do that too.

Similarly, I try to encourage new writers here.  The more the merrier and the better the quality of work that's posted here, the more we all benefit.  I enjoy reading a great story as much as I enjoying writing.

It's not about who's the best.  It's about creating enjoyment for ourselves, other writers and the readers.

There may be others who want to be part of a story competition, but I will politely decline.

Scrib

Offline Lauren

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:10:49 PM »
Let me offer a personal perspective on this...and let me stress that it's only my own opinion.

I don't want to compete with other writers here.  There are a bunch of us who regularly post stories here, and who work together to share ideas, ask for and give advice, proof read each other's stories and so on.  We help each other.  We're all trying to make our own work into the best stories they can be, and to help others do that too.

Similarly, I try to encourage new writers here.  The more the merrier and the better the quality of work that's posted here, the more we all benefit.  I enjoy reading a great story as much as I enjoying writing.

It's not about who's the best.  It's about creating enjoyment for ourselves, other writers and the readers.

There may be others who want to be part of a story competition, but I will politely decline.

Scrib

I would agree with Scribbler 100%.  My own opinion would be  you want a tournament?  How many stories  does it take to make one?   Again, only speaking for myself  I'd take quality over quantity everyday.   
Life's   a Bitch, and so am I.

Offline TheInquisitor

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:53:24 AM »

Scrib

There is such a thing as friendly competition.