News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Rousey vs Nunes

• 37 Replies

Offline JuliaHobby

• "to adversaries and playmates" *muah*
Re: Rousey vs Nunes
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 04:19:47 AM »
I am not a serious student of MMA like many here are.  I love reading the comments. It helps me see different angles to all of this.

This is a very difficult question for me.  MMA is so complex and almost anything CAN happen. 

I wonder (not a conspiracy theorist), but how much influence do the UFC brass have in this?   If they have some, they would want Rousey to regain the title,  (I think).   To rematch Holly.   To get Cyborg at some point before they both retire.  I don't think Nunes has the draw power that Ronda has.

But, if there is no outside factors at play...I see it going to a decision. Then the fireworks start, no matter who gets the decision.   I pray it is settled before a judges' decision. 

-J

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
Then the fireworks start, no matter who gets the decision. I pray it is settled before a judges' decision.

And those of us who see "conspiracy" behind every bush, shrub, and tree would love nothing more than for the fight to end in a split decision. Promoters could then justify keeping both women active; each fighter could - justifiably? - argue she "wuz robbed" and fans could post, tweet and bluster "my girl shoulda got the decision"... with no one ever really being able to prove their opinion is correct.

Sadly, I fear the outcome will be disappointing to most... perhaps all... with either a quick catch by Rousey or a punch by Nunes ending it in the first minute or two (an outcome that often happens in big fights to the everlasting angst of sponsors and networks left with a bucket full of sold and unshown commercials they must burn off during an endless postfight analysis nobody is watching!)

Offline HumiliationOne

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »
2 days away from the fight and the closer it gets the more I favor Ronda. She is looking jacked.
{alt}

Offline WildAtHeart

• God Member
  • ready for action
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 03:31:52 AM »
This is a tough call.  I look at Nunes 4 loses but that one Rousey loss was super devastating to her.  Rousey is looking better physically but I am not sure where she is mentally at this point.  Nunes seems very focused.

I think if Nunes can frustrate Rousey early and doesn't allow her to get into her arm bar submission she might win a decision.   Rousey will have to win this in first round or I will give it to Nunes.  The longer the fight goes, the better Nunes chances.

I love Rousey but would like to see her move to WWE and the film work she does.  Actually liked her in Furious and Expendables.

Offline HumiliationOne

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:52 AM »
After seeing weigh ins my opinion has swung back the other way. Rousey looked dehydrated. scared and ran off stage again. She is getting beat.  She also looked about three inches shorter once both girls were barefoot.
{alt}

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 06:28:39 AM »
If Ronda can rush Nunes without taking a big punch and get her on the ground before they start sweating, she can pull this off. If not, Nunes will obliterate her. Ronda got beaten to a pulp by Holm who wasn't even a KO puncher as a boxer. She got tagged solidly in both Tate fights, but Miescha's technique was so bad at the time that her punches carried little power. Nunes hits harder than either of them and has footwork that should be good enough to avoid the clinch and throw judo attack long enough to end Rousey's career.
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.

Offline Kellicat

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 07:40:57 AM »
Ronda is going to kick her ass plain and simple

Offline HumiliationOne

• God Member
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 05:23:31 AM »
After much back and forth my sadistic side has won...really hoping Nunes beats her in most humiliating way imaginable.  Perhaps a crucifix hold and elbow strikes and she starts tapping out but Nunes gets one last one in and she does unconscious.  She wakes up and does not know she lost and everyone laughs at her.

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 07:03:50 AM »

Offline HumiliationOne

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »
Nice.  That was what I expected. 

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:16 AM »
Lousy Ronda Rousey isn't so great when her opponent has good standup skills.

Offline Brian27

• I love catfights!
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
nobody can stand toe to toe with nunes she will beat u up , just like she did tate and now rousey

Offline Vassago

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Rousey should have taken this fight to the ground ASAP instead of trying to keep pace with Nunes' striking.
UK Celebrity Boxing Boards: http://bbuchat.freeforums.net/

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
Rousey should have taken this fight to the ground ASAP instead of trying to keep pace with Nunes' striking.

Rousey doesn't have the skill to take a good puncher with good footwork down. She legitimately has the worst trainer in the sport and has no idea what to do now that she can't bully girls that are smaller than her (Rousey fought judo at 154 and started MMA at 145 before ducking Cyborg and moving down to 135).

Nunes has legit footwork and Rousey could barely get close enough to get her hands on Nunes. That fight will end the same way every single time until Ronda changes camps.

Offline HumiliationOne

• God Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 03:41:57 PM »
Keep pace? Come on. She didn't even fight. Got hit once and panicked and froze up. She is a shell of her former self. No disrespect to Nunes but I don't know who in top 10 she can beat anymore. That Holm loss KO stole her soul. I do have guilt for the incredible turn on seeing her looking like a helpless punching bag gave me.