News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Session Review Athena at MWM

• 0 Replies

Offline TheAmazingSpiderMouth

• God Member
Session Review Athena at MWM
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »
Athena 0-0 The Amazing Spider-Mouth

Having a cup of tea and talking to the management team of MWM (www.mwmuk.net), exciting times.  Cam has a great gadget for deflating and inflating the paddling pool.  Not even the Amazing Spider-Mouth with all his hot air could blow this paddling pool up manually.  I have a shower after the oil match and when I come out Athena has already arrived.  She looks great, very fit, and is a very friendly person and is surprised I travelled from Wales to session in London, but really no-one should be surprised – its only just over 2 hours and definitely worth the trip to take on the MWM athletes. 

I’m in all green (shorts and t-shirt) for this bout and am warming up as Athena gets changed in the bathroom.  Athena comes out of the bathroom and the management team leave us too it.  Door closes, it’s just Athena and me alone for an hour to test each other on the mats.  I continue my warm up as she does her’s.  Talking about wrestlers and other martial arts athletes we both know from different parts of the country.  We’re ready to go and agree to start each round on the knees.  We shake hands and start manoeuvring looking for the first clinch.  She makes quick hand movements and uses a similar broad gaze as Volcano did, not concentrating on one part of my body, but using as much visual information as she can to predict my intentions.  In the initial part of the fight, we are on our knees for almost 2 minutes as Athena grabs for my right arm, then tries for my head with both hands aiming to reach around the back of my neck, not committing to any attack unless sure it has a good chance of success without also leaving her open to a counter move.  She quickly moved to the side and now has her left hand on the left side of my neck looking for a way round my back or maybe an opening to get a guillotine hold on.  I quickly back off – survived the first attack, but she is a quick one, I’ll need to be alert throughout here.  We are square on again, each probing for an opening with both hands.  Eventually we lock up and in a test of strength I manage to push Athena backwards on the mats.  She keeps the left knee on the mats but is up on her right foot looking a move where she can use it.  She goes onto her back and I am trying to get on top, but she has grabbed my left ankle and has it pulled tight into my body and rolls over onto it to twist my leg for good measure, I am following the move round going with it to relieve the pressure.  I try to shift towards Athen and come forward over the top of her but am quickly pushed back, but it is enough to free my foot. 

Re-engaging.  I go down on my back, trying to pull Athena into my body scissors, she is very quickly moving to the side to avoid my legs.  I use my weight advantage, looking up at the ceiling pulling her right over my chest from right to left and rolling side on to her.  She summons up her adrenalin and has me on my back and flicks a leg over to get the full mount position, shifting her body up my chest, keeping me tightly controlled so that I cannot slip out underneath her.  I am trying to push her left knee down towards my right leg to capture it but she has the left knee solidly planted.  I plant the palms of my hands on the mats and try to push up, but this exposes my head and I need to use my hands to protect against Athena trying a guillotine.  Falling back to the mats, trying to push up with one arm, Athena working both arms on my left arm but I keep it bent the right way.  I try her left knee again but push up rather than towards my own legs, Athena is unbalanced enough for me to commence an escape attempt.  Soon I’m clear and we have completely backed off each other. 

Time for some water ant a towel down.  On our knees again.  Again I notice her tendency to have the right heel on the ground ready to pounce. Pushing and pulling at each other’s arms, I get her down and am in a full mount position, taunting her “what are you going to do about this?”  Athena uses a shrimping manoeuvre to edge out of my full mount.  When she is in the right position, she propels me upwards and pulls clear, I roll onto my back and she tries to capitalise, but I am keeping my feet pointing towards her just long enough to edge back another foot and get up on my knees.

We lock up again, but Athena is not content to keep hold of my arms in a test of strength and tries the odd push to my chest, trying to swap arms, looking for a way to unbalance me.  She finds it and I’m down on my side, being forced onto my back.  One of the larger mats is acting like a pillow but I’m not really comfortable!  Athena is looking for the elbow lock but I keep my arms together and prevent either from being bent the wrong way.  A quick push at her left knee and I capture it between my two legs.  But this left my head unprotected and Athena has gone for a guillotine hold.  I quickly get my right arm back up to defend my head, trying to relieve the pressure.  I sit up and roll forward and manage to get on top making it easier to wrestle her arms away from my head.  Athena tries to trap one of my arms behind my own back but I hold it solid and she has to think of something else.

Soon Athena is back in control and has excellent side control, her left knee placed right up against my body and she has several options form here including a cross body pin attempt.  I’m having to keep the tempo up, constantly moving, struggling and not giving her any rest period to apply any holds.  It is hard work for me and a film of sweat has formed on my forehead.  I reach round her back with one arm and round her neck with the other and pull her in close to restrict her movement.  I feel her forehead pressed against the side of my head, the feeling of our heads pressed together as we grapple hard is a communication between us that we are happy to go all out competitive.  The bout has naturally escalated to this point form the initial feeling out of each other’s abilities.  We are right up against the matted wall with Athena on top but without space to work in.  Not sure how I got here, but I’ve managed to force my way on top and am looking for the grapevine – where did her feet go?  I look behind and her legs are up in the air where my feet can’t get them – she laughs that I had to look.  We’ve reached another stalemate situation and so we disengage and take on some water, towelling down at the same time.

A spectacular restart as Athena takes my left arm and almost gets a flying arm bar on but she missed and I quickly move out of range, respecting my opponent’s ability.  We re-engage and I pull her off balance and get a body scissors on her, she is standing up and going for the Boston crab.  Down she goes on the mats as I pull her left heel off balance.  We check the time – 6 minutes to go.  We agree that this will be the final exchange.  Athena comes at me more aggressively than before, we are struggling vigorously on the mats, jockeying for position, I get on top, offer her a draw, but Athena wants to fight her way out.  I go down on the mats, trying for her side, she is getting up and I want to get her back and go for a nelson move, but I can’t get her back, not once during this fight did I manage to get her back.  She turns the tables, we are in a tight bear hug, Athena on top, I’m back on top, my hip clicks out of joint and I need to release Athena from the full mount.  Squaring up again on even terms, Athena is happy to accept my offer of a draw this time – what a match. 

We shake hands and sportingly embrace, talking about competition coming up, training and so on.  Camuran re-enters and high fives each of us on hearing the score.  I use the fan to cool down, I’m boiling after that work out.  Shower, refreshed, changed.  Saying my goodbyes to Cam and Athena.  Journey home went like a dream and I’m just completing the reports, its only 21.30, but I’ve been up since 06.30 and am ready for bed.  Its been a brilliant day, Thanks Athena for a brilliant match, I think we need a rematch after this one ended scoreless.  Thanks to Cam, Lolita and the other members of the MWM management team who I met today.  Great to be able to put faces to the names. 

Post script – I read that Athena did another match today which she won 4-0.  Well done Athena.  I’d just like to assure you I gave my all today in our match.  I’m on 99 defeats and am doing all I can to avoid number 100.  I think we are well matched and look forward to meeting you at MWM again soon xxx
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.