News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Is Crominhism's artwork now lost media?

• 8 Replies

Offline peterboy

Is Crominhism's artwork now lost media?
« on: December 23, 2023, 01:18:50 AM »
The artist known as Cromin passed away some time ago. The thing is that their website are outdated. And now that I try to access their website it gives me a message that says.

Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details.

So your work can't be found anywhere else?

Offline galetree

Re: Is Crominhism's artwork now lost media?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 08:04:29 PM »
Looks like it.

Offline Die For Dina

• You are less good than I am, in all likelihood.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 09:05:31 PM »
No.  Lost media is media that nobody has copies of.  I would imagine that basically all of his art is out there to be shared and enjoyed.

Offline qwertyuiop666666

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 10:46:18 AM »
I went out and purchased all his work shortly before his death. That said, I don't think I have the right to share them... but a complete collection of his work does exist.

Offline catman

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »
now that the store is closed, I think we can share all his artworks, it is the best tribute possible ! Too bad yahoo group doesn't exist anymore because it was a very easy way to share things. I had a group for eric stanton's catfight drawing for example and a lot of people added their own pics on stories if I missed ones, etc... there were folders for each story and people was able to add pics on it or createx a new folder if it is a "new" story, so it was a very good  and easy way to collect all the pics people have on their hard drives ^^
I don't know if there is another kind of "group" website like that

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2023, 10:48:50 PM »
It is good to hear somebody has his works.  However as much as I'd love to see them, I am pretty sure his work is covered by Copyright Law which is the creators life plus 70 years.  Unless his family chose to give it away or created a memorial on Deviant Art or something, I think we are screwed.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline qwertyuiop666666

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 11:12:02 AM »
It is good to hear somebody has his works.  However as much as I'd love to see them, I am pretty sure his work is covered by Copyright Law which is the creators life plus 70 years.  Unless his family chose to give it away or created a memorial on Deviant Art or something, I think we are screwed.

yeah I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand, I don't think I have the right to post his work... on the other hand, I do feel like it may be better to share his work a bit to avoid it being lost to time... at least it would be better if there were multiple backups.

Offline CatfightsAreFun

• Patreon
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 02:31:18 AM »

yeah I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand, I don't think I have the right to post his work... on the other hand, I do feel like it may be better to share his work a bit to avoid it being lost to time... at least it would be better if there were multiple backups.

I think you should try and contact the family (if they're aware of his work) and ask for permission to share it. If for whatever reason you can't, I don't think it'd be that big of a deal to do so, if it's not available for purchase anymore I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing the work, unless of course you try to charge for it. But sharing art work for free that is no longer on sale I think is okay.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 02:31:56 AM by CatfightsAreFun »
Be sure to check out my Patreon if you're into 3D rendered stories! - https://www.patreon.com/CatfightsAreFun

Offline Windwatcher5

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 04:27:17 AM »
His wife wrote on his Twitter years back: https://twitter.com/Cromin7

His wife knew about his work and tried to keep the comic website up after the domain went down the first time soon after his passing. So maybe if she doesn't want to re-up the comic site, she'd be okay with others spreading the material into the net. Not sure if she checks in on his old Twitter account but that could be a way to contact her and check.