News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Posting in multiple categories?

• 4 Replies

Offline EllenShaw

• God Member
  • I'm not done yet...
Posting in multiple categories?
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »
Sometimes I struggle to choose the category to post my stories under. Some of my stories cover multiple genres (a nude wrestling match that ends in the loser getting fucked by the winner is arguably a sex fight and may appeal to people who never look at the wrestling section). I'm currently working on a story that includes three boxing matches and a wrestling match. I could post them separately, but that would lose the continuity, or I could post the whole story in both categories.

I have seen some people post the same story under two different categories. I'm wondering if I should do the same? Or do most people, like me, browse all the categories that interest them?

Advice/opinions please.

Offline rocknrick22

• God Member
Re: Posting in multiple categories?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 09:51:02 PM »
Be advised that some moderators could consider this spamming and like me you could be banned for a bit for doing it.  Learned the hard way.

Offline Super Deadly Ham Attack

• Super Deadly Ham Attack
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:38 PM »
This is a tough one all right; I've had the same problem (where does a sex wrestling story where making the opponent climax is a technique to wear them out in a wrestling match go?). I think the best you can do is just decide which category fits the majority of the action. If you have a story that's 3 boxing matches, a wrestling match, then the loser getting fucked, my guess would be Boxing/Fistfighting would be the most appropriate. If it is in what the administrators feel is the wrong spot, the most I've seen happen is it being moved to where they think it should go.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »
I have seen some people post the same story under two different categories. I'm wondering if I should do the same? Or do most people, like me, browse all the categories that interest them?

Advice/opinions please.
Post the story in all the relevant categories. I can't believe the administrators would object. The amount of disk memory involved is miniscule. Far less than 1 sec. of film on YouTube.
An alternative strategy, assuming there's real needle involved between the women, is to post the whole time under Catfights. Then readers who enjoy your stuff (all of us, I expect) will know where to look for it.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 12:04:02 AM »

Advice/opinions please.
Post the story in all the relevant categories. I can't believe the administrators would object. The amount of disk memory involved is miniscule. Far less than 1 sec. of film on YouTube.
An alternative strategy, assuming there's real needle involved between the women, is to post the whole time under Catfights. Then readers who enjoy your stuff (all of us, I expect) will know where to look for it.

We most certainly do object to this as it is spamming the forums. If people are posting in more than one category it is certainly not with our blessing. Use the appropriate category.

In this case I would use the proper category but I Would be fine with posting a link to the boxing story in the wrestling match thread of the story (as maybe your last post) so fans could look for it and vice versa. A  very simple solution.

Also my post is not an invitation to debate this rule publicly. Fair warning so no one gets mad at consequences after.