News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

second cyber wrestling topic....................... realism versus fantasy

• 9 Replies

Offline laurenwantstowrestleyou

• God Member
hi there everybody!

i want to thank everyone who responded to my previous topic of "selling" in a cyber match and i would like to introduce my second one... realism versus fantasy!

to me cyber wrestling is at the very loeast part fantasy.. but i've talked with pople who have told me that they would never do anything in a cyber match that they wouldn't do in a real life match... they won't do a style of match (i.e. a hardcore nhb match or... gasp!... death match) or they won't try moves or holds that they don't think they could pull off in real life

on the opposit end of this spectrum are those people who roleply as superheroes and heroines and do do things like (gasp!) death matches and do do holds and moves that they might not be able to do in real life

personlly i think i'm somewhere in the middle... maybe leaning towards the fantasy side... i'm not really into superhero fantasies but i might be willing to try a match that gets kind of brutal or ends in (gasp!) death... to me cyber wrestling's main advantage over real life wrestling is that with cyber you can do things that you wouldn't or couldn't or even shouldn't in real life... i mean if you do happen to get hurt... recovery time in a cyber hospital takes a lot less time than in a real one... and you don't need health insurance either!

as far as holds and moves go... i've done pro style cyber matcehs.. and i think i could describe doing something like a piledriver to someone (provided that they weigh less than me) but there is no chance in hell that i could pull that off n real life (nor do i think would want to try) but i think i could realistically describe the motions of doing it... i've yet to try a piledriver on anyone in a cyber match... but who knows? if you weigh less than me.. you might get on the business end of one of mine someday ;)

so i know i've rambled on a bit here... but i lie in the middle of the realism versus fantasy spectrum... leaning just a bit over on the fantasy side... is that where many of you all are? where are you all in the realism versus fantasy spectrum?

Offline SunnyB

• God Member
  • Looking for some naughty cyber fun with women ...
The beauty of cyber matches and fantasy fiction for me is that one can SAFELY go more extreme without anyone getting hurt. So it's a good outlet to explore some wilder more extreme stuff one would never consider IRL.
Proudly butch and living as a 'man'. In this catfight fantasy there are no losers, and in the end all should be winners!

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
I'm like Lauren.  Cyber allows you to do more than you would do in real life because you are basically playing a fantasy.  I'm no way a wrestler in real life but the idea turns me on.
i also do pro matches and sometimes do a dropkick.  Well, even if I practised sports regulary, I'm not sure I could do a dropkick in real life.  I allow myself to do it in cyber but i won't do extreme things like jumping from the third rope because I know I really couldn't do it.  So I stay realistic about my abilities..but giving myself a "plus".
Same in erotic matches.  I really love it but even if I'm very bi in real, I don't think I would do such matches irl..or if I do it will be with someone very close and more as a game.
Lady Gaelle

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
Hmm..yes Boing but with some limits.  If I face an op^ponent 20 lbs lighter and not especially muscular and if she says she lifts me and make me do an airplane spins..I will wonder if she doesn't super a little :p
Lady Gaelle

Offline marydfights

• God Member
The entire thing is fantasy by definition, however i like to have "realistic" fights and keep things to what i am capable of doing.

Often you hear people mentioning "supering", but what is pro-style?!?!?

I don't think there is an advantage to one or the other, more importantly there needs to be an agreement between opponents as to what is acceptable, what level of reality and fantasy is wanted and expected.

After all, even in a death fight there are expectations as to what is acceptable and what isn;t, what is supering and what isn't.

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Is "supering" the same thing as no selling such as "Hulking Up" like Hogan used to do right before he gave the opponent the boot to the face and the big leg drop?

I think so.

For me, it depends on my opponent. I have done straight up fantasy/sci-fi role plays as well as straight "real" wrestling.  I have online buddies that I fight with because they like the wrestling ring and others that are just role play. A few I do either with depending on what they like. The main thing is to have fun and use my imagination to create a fun experience.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline marydfights

• God Member
Is "supering" the same thing as no selling such as "Hulking Up" like Hogan used to do right before he gave the opponent the boot to the face and the big leg drop?

Supering is stretching credulity essentially.
There is an expectation of a certain number of possible reactions to what you do in a cyber and is the basis for the interaction and going beyond it would be called "supering" and renders the cyber a disappointment.

For example, in a catfight cyber there is an expectation of hair pulling,  biting and clawing filled with emotion.....not being scooped up slammed onto your back.

In a fantasy based cyber you can ignore the fact that a rear naked choke takes only a few seconds to force a submission and pretend to get stronger for a few posts.....while in a reality based cyber, if you don't submit once its applied, you're supering.

Hope I didn't make it more confusing.

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline luffy316

• God Member
  • a couple with an interest in all manner of fights
    • I have a Patreon now!
supering is roughly being what it sounds like Super "Man." turns out you have enough powers to be able to handle anything, countering all the other attacks or shrugging off all the hits unrealistically

I personally prefer fantasy over reality, but not by much. I've fought using drawn/cartoon girls as characters, like the theatrics of pro wrestling, and done sci fi, sword and sorcery, super heroines, goddesses etc. in fights. Main reason? Just makes things more flexible for ideas, and the fact both can stretch things a bit tends to mean more cartoonish and exagerated traits and endurance, so both fighters last longer, which means more, longer lasting fun
Always posting free stories and commissions over at http://www.hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/luffy316

I have a Patreon for additional writing now!
https://patreon.com/sandcastles

Offline Lamia

I have done realistic fight whit only ONE man. Why? Because NOBODY or almost have real experience of fighting, of the way to get into or out of hold, trow an opponant ect.

So..fantasy i guess  ;D

But i prefer a fight where the way to get out of hold still be a little bit realistic. Some people just say " I struggle and get out of your hold"...boring...no way i fight whit you again...fantasy..yes..but still..

I hate superman wrestler.....but irl one punch is enought for kill somone. face it: cyber is all about fantasy..the real thing to think about is: How many fantasy do you love in your fight.

The best way to find the good reaslim versus fantasy % into a fight can be find by only one way  : Speack whit your opponant.

Offline Jimmy81

so i know i've rambled on a bit here... but i lie in the middle of the realism versus fantasy spectrum... leaning just a bit over on the fantasy side... is that where many of you all are? where are you all in the realism versus fantasy spectrum?
That's usually where I am, but I can enjoy an unrealistic pro match or superhero fantasy just as much as a "realistic" match or fight.

I am actually a little surprised at how rigid some people are towards keeping thing "real" and their lack of ability to just roll with it if they don't like their opponent's vision of what is "real".  That can almost be another way of supering, but done so in a metagaming way.  If you are that set on controlling the cyberfight, write a story. :)