News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

How do you come up with new plots?

• 12 Replies

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
How do you come up with new plots?
« on: September 18, 2015, 03:29:40 AM »
Having been writing catfight stories for a long time, I find it harder and harder to come up with new plots. Given the subject matter a catfight story is going to follow certain guidelines. There are opponents, then a struggle and usually a winner and loser.
But I try not to write the same story over and over, just changing the names and descriptions of the fighters. And it gets harder and harder to do, to the point where I can't seem to think of a new story line. So I guess what I'm asking is not ideas for new plots but just asking other writers how they come up with their plots. Anyone want to chime in with some thoughts on the subject?

Offline bishopberkley

Re: How do you come up with new plots?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 08:33:06 AM »
I know what you mean. Sometime's it might be worth thinking of a particular image that you want see happen in the story, particularly if it is unusual. Recently, for example, I started enjoying the image of a girl getting a guitar smashed over her head. When I did a search, I couldn't really find anything. If you reverse engineer the storyline around how it got to a particular scenario, it may give you a novel setting (rock concert, talent show etc) that you wouldn't otherwise have thought of.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »
Having been writing catfight stories for a long time, I find it harder and harder to come up with new plots. Given the subject matter a catfight story is going to follow certain guidelines. There are opponents, then a struggle and usually a winner and loser.
But I try not to write the same story over and over, just changing the names and descriptions of the fighters. And it gets harder and harder to do, to the point where I can't seem to think of a new story line. So I guess what I'm asking is not ideas for new plots but just asking other writers how they come up with their plots. Anyone want to chime in with some thoughts on the subject?

Come up with a well-rounded character first.  Then, scenes where she would fight naturally follow.

Immortaljoe

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
You should go watch movies, tv shows, even cartoon/comic books.

Study the structure of different genres.

Then, apply it to your work as an influence.  It'll make it more interesting.

Offline luffy316

• God Member
  • a couple with an interest in all manner of fights
    • I have a Patreon now!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »
I do mostly commission work lately, so it's a lot of being asked what to do

but whenever i pull out something for me, it's got to be something with at least one little thing different. it's often the environment, or the fighters; size or age or race or something. maybe in the past or future. weapons, pro leagues, amateur home stuff, whatev needs to be tweaked
Always posting free stories and commissions over at http://www.hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/luffy316

I have a Patreon for additional writing now!
https://patreon.com/sandcastles

Offline MistressVicky

• God Member
  • Mistress Vicky
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

Many stories that I write are repetitive, while some, especially requests will break that mold, and they offer a better variety of options for you to try.

I recently was asked to write a story with a short fight, and when the winner sits on the losers face and orders her to lick her into orgasm, the loser takes the winner into a whole new world. Into a completely new fantasy, which is slow tease, gently making love to the winner's pussy, until the winner doesn't know it, but she is at the complete sexual mercy of the loser. She's licking, just swiping her tongue in her pussy, and then kissing around the pussy. She blows into the pussy. She's worshiping her pussy, making hot passionate love to the winner's pussy with her tongue and her lips and she takes complete control of the winner as she makes the winner beg her to let her cum.
This was new territory for me, and the story was completely different than the usual.

While a lot of times various versions of your favorite fantasy works, it's not as creative, exciting, adventurous as new additions. Once you are set with a specific fantasy with only variations, your ability to learn, experience, experiment is very limited. The way to learn and to be exposed to new to find out if you love it, is learning from other's.

Mistress Vicky

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
I kind of find I have more ideas for stories than time to write them.  I am a big fan of the lead up to the fights and the back story so it takes me a while to write.  Probably too long.  I should just get to the fighting, right?  But like most writers I do it as much for my enjoyment as any readers.  I do agree with the person that mentioned creating great characters to start with.  OK to borrow great characters as well.  For example, I enjoy doing stories loosely based on historical characters.  Right now I am working a bit on a battle between Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy.  The Great thing is I need to spend almost no time describing the women, the way they speak, their mannerisms, etc.  I say their names and you know who they are and you have an instant image in your mind.

What I do is keep a list of my ideas and let inspiration hit me wherever I am.  I see something, it makes an idea pop into my head, I write it down.  Then when I have time to write, I pick a story from the list and go.  I get a lot of ideas chatting with people here.  I get some from my favorite TV series, movies, books, News Stories, etc.  Some just hit me wherever I am.  The Marylin/Jackie Story hit me watching a documentary about the Cuban Missile crisis.  Pretty bad when a historical documentary is a turn on, right?  Right now my list includes 95 different story lines, many that could lead to complete series of stories.  Assuming it takes me about 8 hours a story to write, it would take me Half a year writing full time to run out of the first round.  If I followed the series approaches I could go for years.  The hard part is the gig wouldn't pay very well.  What always surprises me when I review the list is how many story lines I have just forgotten.  Even just reading the list is fun for me.  Stirs up all these great stories in my minds eye.  Most are better in my mind than my ability to transfer them to paper allows but sometimes I get the time to try anyway.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline justlooking9000

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 04:17:28 AM »
I kind of find I have more ideas for stories than time to write them.  I am a big fan of the lead up to the fights and the back story so it takes me a while to write.  Probably too long.  I should just get to the fighting, right?  But like most writers I do it as much for my enjoyment as any readers.  I do agree with the person that mentioned creating great characters to start with.  OK to borrow great characters as well.  For example, I enjoy doing stories loosely based on historical characters.  Right now I am working a bit on a battle between Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy.  The Great thing is I need to spend almost no time describing the women, the way they speak, their mannerisms, etc.  I say their names and you know who they are and you have an instant image in your mind.

What I do is keep a list of my ideas and let inspiration hit me wherever I am.  I see something, it makes an idea pop into my head, I write it down.  Then when I have time to write, I pick a story from the list and go.  I get a lot of ideas chatting with people here.  I get some from my favorite TV series, movies, books, News Stories, etc.  Some just hit me wherever I am.  The Marylin/Jackie Story hit me watching a documentary about the Cuban Missile crisis.  Pretty bad when a historical documentary is a turn on, right?  Right now my list includes 95 different story lines, many that could lead to complete series of stories.  Assuming it takes me about 8 hours a story to write, it would take me Half a year writing full time to run out of the first round.  If I followed the series approaches I could go for years.  The hard part is the gig wouldn't pay very well.  What always surprises me when I review the list is how many story lines I have just forgotten.  Even just reading the list is fun for me.  Stirs up all these great stories in my minds eye.  Most are better in my mind than my ability to transfer them to paper allows but sometimes I get the time to try anyway.

I think slow and long lead ups up to the fight are good if done correctly. For instance, the intro you did for the (native american?) catfight was pretty good. The only thing is to keep ramping the sexual tension up to the fight. It's no good to build some tension just then insert a normalish paragraph on the protagonists backgrounds. In my mind, I'd do away with anything that doesn't add to the tension, or do it right at the beginning then ramp up. 

Historical rivalries are great. There're hundreds of them. Asian history has plenty of them. One that comes to mind is Wu Zetian and Consort Xiao. The story is that Consort Xiao was the Emperor's favourite. The Empress, feeling threatened, introduced Wu Zetian. Then the two consorts have a influence contest over the Emperor. It's not hard to imagine a sexual contest where the women tried to gain the Emperor's favour. In real life Wu Zetian won, and got rid of both Consort Xiao and the Empress. Then she becomes Emperor(Yes emperor) of China herself.

Justlooking9000

Offline LeeRoyCrane

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 07:23:12 AM »
Justlooking9000 brings up a good point.

One thing that bores when reading stories is that they just jump right into the middle without a proper build up (ex. Amy gets mad and fights Jen one day because she's jealous).  It feels forced.  What you need to do is raise the stakes.  The bigger the stakes, the more humiliating/passionate/angry/etc your characters can become.

Btw OP, I sent you a private message.  I may have some ideas for you!

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 10:26:45 PM »

I think slow and long lead ups up to the fight are good if done correctly. For instance, the intro you did for the (native american?) catfight was pretty good. The only thing is to keep ramping the sexual tension up to the fight. It's no good to build some tension just then insert a normalish paragraph on the protagonists backgrounds. In my mind, I'd do away with anything that doesn't add to the tension, or do it right at the beginning then ramp up. 

Historical rivalries are great. There're hundreds of them. Asian history has plenty of them. One that comes to mind is Wu Zetian and Consort Xiao. The story is that Consort Xiao was the Emperor's favourite. The Empress, feeling threatened, introduced Wu Zetian. Then the two consorts have a influence contest over the Emperor. It's not hard to imagine a sexual contest where the women tried to gain the Emperor's favour. In real life Wu Zetian won, and got rid of both Consort Xiao and the Empress. Then she becomes Emperor(Yes emperor) of China herself.

Justlooking9000

I'll have to look a bit more into that.  Not a big asian history buff, but learn something every time I do one like this.  Learned a lot about ancient Egypt when I did the Pharaoh stories.  Now time to learn a little Asian History.  Thanks!!!  96 ideas!!! 
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline justlooking9000

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »

Justlooking9000

I'll have to look a bit more into that.  Not a big asian history buff, but learn something every time I do one like this.  Learned a lot about ancient Egypt when I did the Pharaoh stories.  Now time to learn a little Asian History.  Thanks!!!  96 ideas!!! 

There're tons of stories involving sexual rivalries between concubines/lovers of powerful men in China. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there'd be a least 1 lecherous emperor that pitted his lovers against each other either sexually or otherwise. Chinese story lends itself to a good girl-bad girl kind of story because a lot of concubines played by Confucian rules and then along would come a concubine that would not play nice and clean. In the Wu Zetian-Consort Xiao drama, Wu Zetian is usually portrayed as the bad concubine, but from what I read Consort Xiao wasn't a goodie two shoe neither.

Another angle with ancient China (real) rivalries is that these concubines/empresses would make/break alliances among themselves with the ultimate aim of strengthening their position. Again, with Wu Zetian and Consort Xiao, it was the Empress herself who smuggled Wu Zetian in the palace because she wanted to counter Consort Xiao's influence with the Emperor.

Japan would be another promising avenue. I have no doubt Japan have many historical love triangles if one dig deep enough, but I'm not familiar with Japanese history. Also of note, is Japan's huge catfight filming industry.

Justlooking9000

DottiD

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »
For me I use a little of life in my stories and for the rest i see a circumstance in everything that a fight could break out as to how the 2 fight it can be easy or imagination from there, the way the world is today is doesn't take much to get that spark fired up and 2 women to go off or men or teens

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »
Just did a bit of reading about the Wu Zetian thing.  She is like the queen of bad girls.  So she became a concubine to the Emperor when she is 13.  Young for them, but she is so beautiful he has to have her (one of many of his... like fifth order in the ranks waiting for her to grow up).  He dies without having children with him so according to Chinese custom she is forced to become a Buddist Monk (shaved head, orange robes, the whole nine yards).  Should have been the end of her story.

Emperor's Son becomes Emperor.  He names his first wife Emperess Wang.  Has a first consort Named Consort Xiao.  Empress Wang had no children for the Emperor.  Consort Xiao had a son (first in line for the throne) and two daughters.  Empress Wang therefore was less favored by the emperor than Consort Xiao.  Empress Wang is worried she is going to be replaced.  Then the Emperor goes to the Buddist Monastery and Spots Bald Wu Zetian.  He is smitten, but in Ancient Chinese Culture the Son taking his fathers Concubines is incest and forbidden.  But Empress Wang comes up with crazy plan.  She thinks she can control Wu Zetian, displace her rival Xiao, and control the emperor through Wu.  Sounds like a really bad plan to me... displace your beautiful rival for your husbands love with an even more beautiful rival.  She must have been really desparate.

Well the plan works.  Wu is smart.  She is at first very deferential to Empress Wang.  Does everything she tells her.  This is the stage I could see lots of stories that work for us.  Empress Wang training Wu how to battle her rival Consort Xiao.  Maybe arranging practice matches with lesser women.  Wangs confrontations with Xiao.  Their continued Battle for the favor of the Emperor.  Wu's eventual confrontation and battle with Xiao.  Etc.  But then Wu works her way to be the Emperors Favorite.  She gave him two Sons.  Then she had a daughter who she deliberately murdered and blamed the murder on Emperess Wang.  The Emperor starts getting sick probably from slow poison administered by Consort Wu.  Consort Wu with the aid of some terrified members of the court (they can see which woman is going to win here) builds a case of witchcraft against both Empress Wang and Consort Xiao.  Both are arrested.  Meanwhile the Emperor is getting weaker and weaker and needs somebody to rule the country.  So he names Wu Empress.  She quietly has both her rivals executed when it appears her Emperor is thinking about releasing them.  She continues to gain more and more power.  She rules by proxy for the next 20 years until eventually the Emperor Dies and she takes control of everything.  Rules all of China with an iron fist.  She kills all of her rivals male and female until she eventually dies quietly 20 years later at the age of about 80.  Went from Child in a practical Harem to battling love interests for 15 years to ruling the known world for 40 years primarily through the use of poison, intimidation, and raw power.  That is one bad... bad... girl.