News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Internet connection problem.

• 5 Replies

Offline Texasfightfan

• God Member
  • Love to chat about all types of female fighting.
Internet connection problem.
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »
I can't access the FCF with my home internet since the problems the site had last September.  I can access it by creating a hot spot with my phone.  Any idea what I need to do to fix my internet?  It works fine with all of the other websites I go,to.

Thanks

Offline Die For Dina

• You are less good than I am, in all likelihood.
Re: Internet connection problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:45:45 AM »
I suspect you might have a blocked port.  But you'd have to talk to your ISP about it.  Won't that be fun?  :(

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:47:51 AM »
Its most likely not a blocked port.  I am guessing its an anti-virus or firewall issue getting access to this site.  Try disabling those first.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »
Its most likely not a blocked port.  I am guessing its an anti-virus or firewall issue getting access to this site.  Try disabling those first.

I'd need more info. Are you using wireless in both instances? If you're using wired for your home isp and wireless for the hotspot it could be what Junkee suggests. However if you're using wireless in both instances and it works with the hotspot and not your isp, it could be an issue on their end.

If you have an isp that doesn't allow you access to the router to forward ports, what you'll probably want to do is call them up and tell them you have an XBox or a PS and ask if they can open up ports on your router so you can have better online gaming. Those ports tend to be the same as ones used by websites and such.  That would eliminate port issue.

Of course what I should be asking first and foremost is what exactly do you mean when you say you can't access this site? Are you getting some kind of browser error? If so, what browser(s) are you using?

A real longshot as well is it could be that the public IP your ISP is giving you could be on a blacklist with some sites.

Without more info I can't do more specific troubleshooting.

"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Texasfightfan

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »
I suspect you might have a blocked port.  But you'd have to talk to your ISP about it.  Won't that be fun?  :(

Yeah, right up there with getting a root canal, and waiting in line at the DMV.  Thanks for your help. 

Offline Texasfightfan

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 11:34:13 PM »

Thank for your help.  Very much appreciated.