News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

RIP - George "The Animal" Steele, one of my favorites

• 0 Replies

Offline WildAtHeart

• God Member
  • ready for action
RIP - George "The Animal" Steele, one of my favorites
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
I was a huge fan of George "The Animal" Steele in the late 70's and early 80's with the green tongue, hairy body, turn buckle eating, just manic energy and never breaking character.  I loved when he joined the cast of "Ed Wood" (one of my favorite movies) portraying Swedish wrestler Tor Johnson.  He was born in Detroit and went to Michigan State University to play football but knee problem cut that short.  He got a science degree from MSU and a master's degree from Central Michigan.  He is a member of the Michigan Coaches Hall of Fame (coached wrestling and football) and was a teacher (imagine that).

Never a boring wrestler once he became "The Animal", his signature moves included arm biting, rubbing opponent face across turnbuckle, crossface chickenwing and elevated hammerlock.  At a match in Rochester, I saw him actually dislocate someones shoulder.  He was supposed to be at a convention here last winter but had to cancel so I never got to meet him one on one, though I can say I saw him wrestle.  RIP! :'(

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:45:21 AM by Wild Bill »