News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Icons of the sport Part 2: Santana

• 4 Replies

Offline Aussie

• I love catfights!
Icons of the sport Part 2: Santana
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Name: Santana

A wrestler who probably doesnt get the accolades for her role in the sport, a journeywoman who seems to have stood the test of time. Adept at both wrestling and boxing Santana has appeared for many a company, Steel Kittens, DT Wrestling and even at the Academy.

Her SOAP match against Hannah Jannseen/Janay is one of the best of all time and how the late great Bruce got them tangle is unbeknown to me but its a legacy he will leave for a long time yet.

She can adapt to both the competitive and scripted matches with easy. And although getting on in years now she still active and appearing in matches for DT.

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
Re: Icons of the sport Part 2: Santana
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:34:19 PM »
Bruce told me she was extremely reluctant to engage, and that he had to agree in advance that she would win.

A few years ago, the late great AcademyBruce emailed me and said he was thinking of bringing back Santana for a match. I replied “Great. But put it in her contract that she has to shut the fuck up and just wrestle.” He said negotiations fell apart over that point.

Santana had a great body, no doubt. Unfortunately, that body came with a set of attached vocal cords and a piss-poor work ethic. Either of those would be enough to deny her “icon” status. Together, they put her videos on a “to be avoided” list.   

First of all there is no reason why Bruce had to agree in advance that she would win, he could have chosen not to hire her for the job. If he didn't like her work the first time, why did he want to rehire her for another video?

If we are talking about work ethics, any agreement between Bruce and Santana should have been kept confidential between the two of them and not shared with a third party who could someday disclose it on a public message board.

Offline Aussie

• I love catfights!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »
Ok maybe not an icon but she has certainly stood the test of time and the fact she was happy to appear at the Academy makes her ok in my book

What surprises me most is your comments about Hannah/Janay willingly losing the match, I say this because the late great Bruce always stated Hannah would provide her own opponents one's she knew she would beat, Savannah Hoover is an exception to this rule, and apparently Hannah was extremely pissed off at the result. So to say that they staged a match with Hannah losing was something I needed expected to read.

Offline karl butters

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
I think Santana is definitely one of the greats. While she may have wrestled "scripted fantastical nonsense", a lot of us enjoy those type matches.

Offline LQQKING4CATFIGHTER

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
  When Santana started the LA companies did 90% scripted with very few well trained female fighters world wide. So think you can not compare her to modern fighters who have tons of fighters to go all out Vs, think some are being a little to hard on her.
   You need to also look at her natural good looks and sexy body!!!
Catfight, f/f Wrestling, Grappling and f/f Boxing fan