News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

LAKOTA PROUD TO THE END (Trouble On The Rez)

• 27 Replies

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
  • I'm in yer face, bein' all bratty 'n whatnot
Re: LAKOTA PROUD TO THE END (Trouble On The Rez)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
WOW Laurie, you are so gifted. This story was well written. It seems like your stories just keep getting better and better because this story had some meaning into it. I love it so much. I am looking foreward to your next if you decide to write again  :).

Thank you NYCfinest! This story is my favorite because it is personal 'n straight from my heart.

xoxo

~L~

(sorry it took sooooo long to respond to this comment, I just saw it today.....I am so happy you liked the story!)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:32:54 PM by Laurie Breeze »
We're on a circuit of an Indian dream
We don't get old, we just get younger
When we're flying down the highway
Riding in our Indian Cars

Offline Ashley Not Golden

• God Member
  • I love to create rivalries
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:17 AM »
WOW Laurie, you are so gifted. This story was well written. It seems like your stories just keep getting better and better because this story had some meaning into it. I love it so much. I am looking foreward to your next if you decide to write again  :).

Thank you NYCfinest! This story is my favorite because it is personal 'n straight from my heart.

xoxo

~L~

(sorry it took sooooo long to respond to this comment, I just saw it today.....I am so happy you liked the story!)

Easy peezy lemon.....nah.  Great story Breezy!  You are an amazing writer! 
Looking forward to meeting like minded girls preferably girls that have one profile.  When reaching out please be respectful and we can see if we can connect.    Wrestling is so fun and can be a fun writing experience for both of us.

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
  • Believe in yourself and give your love to others
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
Seems like yesterday, you were saying how you were nervous about doing a story, now you've typed one of the best stories I've ever read, not just here, but overall. It's always tough when it comes from your heart, but that makes it better because that heart is such a big place. I had to come off the bench to tell you what a great story this is.
"When people walk away from you... let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you... and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."

Offline StarBear

• God Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 02:22:57 AM »
Laurie you are amazing. Great story. I m so glad I got to read it.  YOU have a real gift :).
While you practice to get it right, I practice to never get it wrong.

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 09:50:43 PM »

Easy peezy lemon.....nah.  Great story Breezy!  You are an amazing writer! 

Thanks Ash!  :-*  Glad you liked it....maybe you 'n I can write ourselves a great story soon....nudge nudge, wink wink!

Laurie you are amazing. Great story. I m so glad I got to read it.  YOU have a real gift :).

Thanks Steph!   :-*  What I said to Ash......Ditto for you too!

Seems like yesterday, you were saying how you were nervous about doing a story, now you've typed one of the best stories I've ever read, not just here, but overall. It's always tough when it comes from your heart, but that makes it better because that heart is such a big place. I had to come off the bench to tell you what a great story this is.

Howard, this means so much to me, specially since you've always been one of my inspirations 'n mentors here. Thank you for giving me that push to get me writing! I can never thank you enough for that!   :-*

xoxo

~Laurie~

Offline Fw190 A

• More cowbell!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
Amazing is putting it mildly. This is one of the best stories I've read- here or anywhere.

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 08:13:31 PM »
Another outstanding writer who I've been honored to work with. She writes as well as she loves. She's an outstanding person outside of the board. We've talking about her volunteer work and her commitment to helping others. The fact that she's so good at writing only makes her heart shine brighter.
"When people walk away from you... let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you... and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."

Offline leslie k

• God Member
  • property of Miss Kim
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
This is a brilliant creative personal story and totally not the 'normal' catfight tale you'd expect to find in a site like this. Thank you for sharing!

Offline lilfightingcutie2

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 09:42:06 PM »
Another outstanding writer who I've been honored to work with. She writes as well as she loves. She's an outstanding person outside of the board. We've talking about her volunteer work and her commitment to helping others. The fact that she's so good at writing only makes her heart shine brighter.

Wanted to say I totally agree with ya about that Howard. Laurie is one of the sweetest most inspiring and amazing people I've ever met and I'm so proud to call her my friend! She's been a true friend for me and helped me through lots of tough times and she's truly one of the greatest people I've ever met!!! Its awesome that she's such an incredible writer too! Her stories are just AMAZING!!!! And for what its worth, I still think Tales of the Soiled Doves would be like the greatest show EVER!!!!

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 02:54:16 AM »
Wow. Hard to believe it's been 2 years since I wrote this story! Time flies, huh?

Thank you so much, Gary Braveheart for choosing it for Throwback Thursday. I just posted on yer story but I also want to tell everyone here to read Braveheart's "Return To Sandbridge" series. It is AWESOME!  ;)  (Gary, you don't owe me anything for the plug, I'm happy to do it free of charge!)

Thank you to Fw190 A 'n Leslie K for yer kind words! Howard, you've always been one of my mentors 'n role models, I'm still learning from you 'n will never stop. Not only in writing but in life too. You are a shining example to us all! Ami, my sweet Sis, we may not be blood but you know I always have yer back just like I know you always have mine! You are so strong 'n so full of  love & positive energy, I am so proud to be yer Sis! Love you so much!

"Lakota Proud" is a very special story for me. The events actually happened to me, the names were changed 'n the showdown happened on a sidewalk in town, not on the Rez. I wrote it after my "Uncle" Ray died, it was a very emotional time 'n tears were shed. They say writing is therapy. I guess that's kinda true. I did feel better putting his essence in print even though I got my butt kicked in print too. It sure hurt a lot less than it did on that sidewalk! The frybread was delicious too!

Anyways, thanks again to Gary 'n everyone who read "Lakota Proud" or will read it in the future!

Hugggzzz 'n xoxo

~Laurie~
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:55:51 AM by Laurie Breeze »

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 04:06:25 AM »
You're welcome, Laurie. It was an honor to bring this great story back to the top. I'm glad you don't want a bribe - I'm broke  :D

I'd love to see a new story or two ...

//Braveheart

We should pay you for the privilege to read yer amazing series!  :)

New stories are a definite possibility once I transform from this evil Mini Bridezilla I've become 'n get back to normal!   ;)

Hugggzzz 'n xoxo

~Laurie~

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 04:14:30 AM »
You're a hero, Laurie. You deserve the love.

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »
I'm not promising anything but it sure looks like there may be more trouble brewing on the Rez.

I'm not at liberty to say what that trouble is, you'll just have to wait 'n see!   ;)

Hugggzzz 'n xoxo

~Laurie~

"Oh no! It's Mini Bridezilla!!! We're doomed! Run away! Run away!!!"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:40:35 PM by Laurie Breeze »