News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Longarm series of Westerns by Taber Evans

• 9 Replies

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
Longarm series of Westerns by Taber Evans
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
I am into JT Edson books (could you guess? lol.). Lots of good catfights and decent writing. But, they are becoming harder to come by.

I ran across a Taber Evans book a few years ago with a good catfight (two women fighting over Longarm, the main character). The fight was nice, but never ended definatively. But it was a good book as well and I read all the way thru it. 

I was wondering if there are any other books Evans has written with catfights or even if there are other books out there with a catfight in them. I prefer westerns as I really love the JT Edson stuff, but am in interested in anything that has a good old fashioned "hair puller" in it. I really like when women fight over men (my favorite scenario).

Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Offline krispin

• God Member
Re: Longarm series of Westerns by Taber Evans
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
I'm only into catfights in which the good girl is defeated. Any advice for me? Thanks.

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
I'm only into catfights in which the good girl is defeated. Any advice for me? Thanks.
I myself am not into that exactly, but I think I read a spy book one time, but it has been years ago and I don't remember the title. I think it was written in the 60s or 70s though if I remember the copyright. You might try some of the good girl art sights for related pictures though.

Sorry I can'tbe of much help.

Offline krispin

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
I myself am not into that exactly, but I think I read a spy book one time, but it has been years ago and I don't remember the title. I think it was written in the 60s or 70s though if I remember the copyright. You might try some of the good girl art sights for related pictures though.

Sorry I can'tbe of much help.

Thanks for your kind answer, my friend!

Offline colt 45

• God Member
  • Old guy that has always loved mature ladies fighti
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:40:03 AM »
There was a female series that sprang from Longarm but I can't recall the name.  Dealt with a red headed lady with a japanese bodyguard.  Tabor evans was a pen name for several writers who did Longarm.  Early ones were great.  I to enjoy the JT edson books.  Ever read the Rockaby County series?  Very good.

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
J T, I bumped the catfights in literature post from a couple of years back up for you(and all of us) hopefully some of our newer members may have some additional books to add!.

Thank you. I will check it out.

Offline chickenwuss

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »

I ran across a Taber Evans book a few years ago with a good catfight (two women fighting over Longarm, the main character). The fight was nice, but never ended definatively. But it was a good book as well and I read all the way thru it. 

Which book was it do you remember?  ;D

Offline tomboy999999

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
Very hard to find any J T Edson in Uk now , even in second hand bokstalls.

Maybe an ideal opportunity for an E-book re-launch. Some good fights in the Bunduki books IIRC.

I think two JTE stories became movies but no catfights I believe

Offline colt 45

• God Member
  • Old guy that has always loved mature ladies fighti
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:51 AM »
2 Edson books did become movies but I have never seen them in the movies or dvd's. nyone know the names?

Offline charlir

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:10 AM »
I do still sometimes read some of the "Longarm" book series. I read the first number one, two and three when they first were published back in the 70's. There sure were lot's of women, but unfortunately few catfights. I mostly find these books at flea markets and other "used" book sellers. I don't remember the catfight that was mentioned in the earlier posting but the series that was mentioned as to have sprung from the "Longarm" series about Jessie and Kai were the "Lone Star" series by Wesley Ellis.  This Jesse was supposed to be Longarm's eventual fiancée but I have not heard or seen much of either being published recently.