News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Poll

When a fight breaks out in the main room, should the fighters be encouraged to move the action to the arena?

No, don't break up the action
26 (76.5%)
Yes, thats what its there for
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 07, 2014, 02:46:52 PM

Public fights

• 9 Replies

Offline michellecatfites

• God Member
Public fights
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »
After a spirited discussion last night in the main room, the question came up about fights breaking out there and whether or not that is the most appropriate place for the fight to continue. It was suggested the fight be moved to the arena. After differing opinions on both sides, with the help of my good friend (ty boche) I decided to pose the question here and see where public opinion came down on the issue.

My own view is, don't interrupt fight action because it spoils the momentum. What say you?

Offline kitana

• God Member
  • Born to be wild and free !!
Re: Public fights
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »
On my opinion the place to fight is in the Arena "
because is more private and not disturb anyone on chat !
I only fight in the Arena '   Smilessssssssssssss......... . . . . . .   Kitana .

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:21:54 PM »
I believe it depends on your personal preference.  There are those who like private fights or fights with less people, so sure, take it to the Arena.

However, I know there are people who get enjoyment from publicly displaying their skills, either as a dominant fighter or the best jobber in town.  I think the main room should be open to these kinds of fights.  Especially when you consider there are times when there's no conversation in public at all.  I think asking someone to move it to the arena when a public fight breaks out just really kills the mood and momentum.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »
The site has the capacity to hold a fight on the Arena, that's what its there for, public fights.
The site also has the capacity to create a Public room you can name eg Lynn vs Patti so people coming on can go right in to watch.

While its a simple question the answer is a tad more complex.
In principle when a public fight is going on the chatter in the room should be directed to the fighters who are in a sense performing and this can't honestly be expected in the main room.
If the fighters are really entertaining and numbers of people want to watch.....they will go to the arena or newly created public room to watch.
If you can't get a crowd to come watch you....i don't think foisting yourselves on the main room is appropriate.

With that being said, I think people should be allowed to have their fight without getting scolded the first time, after all we're ALL supposed to be able to have fun here without being harassed.

I think when 2-3 people have commented after a few fights between the same people, maybe they should get the idea that their fighting isn't quite as entertaining to as many people as they think and take the polite suggestion to move.

The frequent response is its so quiet anyways why don't YOU go if it bothers you, don't look at it etc etc.
Its difficult to miss somebody CAPPING OUT IN THE ROOM , or puking, or some guy smashing his arm across a girl's face.

There are many different styles, different fetishes, different tastes to be met when you have 20-60 people in the main room, chances are that many have no interest in the particular style of fight that two random people choose.
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:31 PM »
Reasons why you might want to be in the arena:

1. Focused audience/ less comments to wade through
2. Less likely to have a vocal whine about your fight disrupting the magic flow of people entering and exiting.  
3. Easier to log the fight when it is in a different room.

That is why I usually move it there BY CHOICE. Also if there was already a fight going on in the main room, it would make sense to do any other fights somewhere else.

But again i choose to do so. I think if someone chooses to do their fight in main, they should be allowed to keep it there unless something they are doing is breaking a site rule. Most people seem to never use the main chat anyway so they don't care. Heck i have known people who refuse to speak to anyone who actually says anything in main ! Yes how dare I use this chat room..:)

No one is forcing someone to watch the main room. Not everything I see here is stuff I even find remotely interesting but as a free human being I oddly can choose not to be forced to read it :). And if someone feels that militant that they need the main chat that is being used by the fight, why don't THEY move to the arena? Obviously they have some urgent thing that they must discuss with their group of friends in public so another room works just as well right?

Now if you are just bitching for the sake of it...your tough shit then :) Also, if your reaction to a fight you don't like in the main room is to harass the fighters in an effort to force them to leave, you are the person acting inappropriately.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:15:06 PM by nutmeg78 »

Offline samsoni

• kinda big guy 6ft 240lbs now likes mixed wrestling
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
Lets not fight in the main room .
Lets not talk politics in the main room.
Lets not tell bad jokes in the main room .
Lets not argue in the main room .

On the other hand support the groundswell of support for Sam for Mod  campaign . :P

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 02:41:28 AM »
I do enjoy watching and partaking in public fights.  I would do more public fights if people would be more respectful in the room. 

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »
I think the Arena, or the private rooms are the good places for a public fight.  As someone said, everybody doesn't like all kind of fights.  Having a fight in the main room means that, somehow, you impose your fight to everybody and that is not good.

At my opinion, the main room is made for meetings and general discussion.  And I disagree with Sam : yes, you can tell bad jokes :P  Sam, if we couldn't, you wouldn't be allowed in the room anymore "giggles".  And you can talk about politics too, at least if you are able to avoid insults and nasty comments. Well..the mods are there to make sure we don't go over the limits.

I remember once we were talking about football (the real football..not the American football ;D ).  Someone, obviously didn't like that sport and asked us to talk about that in a private room.  That is exagerated I think.  When you are in a bar, will you leave the bar because another customer doesn't like your conversation?  The main room is for talking.  The Arena is  for fighting.  That's my opinion.
Lady Gaelle

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
I guess my perspective is colored by my experience in the past.  I started in this fetishy world with a room in IRC where yes people would meet and chat in public, but a fight would break out in public and actually be encouraged.  I also met many people who enjoyed performing in a crowd to get that feedback, even from people who didn't like it.  Maybe it's wrongheaded thinking, but I find it odd that people would be surprised that a fight would break out in a public chat room on a site dedicated to "free catfights".  As long as those fights and the comments that come with them don't break any rules, what's the issue? 

As far as the main room being for talking, it actually at times seems more like the main room is for people to say hi (if they even say that) and for the people there already to check out the new person's profile.  Then long stretches of silence as people jump to private messaging.  To me it seems as easy to ignore text of a fight in the public room as it is to ignore conversation you don't want to see.  I just don't see how typing out lines of a fight is as imposing as typing out bad jokes or even the advertising messages that some people spam multiple times in a short time frame. 

Again, all this is just my opinion.  Feel free to disagree and discuss politely. :)
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:50:29 PM »
There's no reason a fight NEEDS to move to the arena, unless the participants choose to move. The main chat traditionally hosted  many public fights with no interruptions, but with fitting encouraging comments from the crowd.  That's what the main chat is for, it is a cyber fetish chat site.  Given the number of times I've had the screen up with no one saying absolutely anything in the main chat room, public fights are welcome.

That being said, some are more entertaining than others  ::)

Annnnnnd I've seen a few public fights I've wished would go away :D

But public fights aren't breaking any rule anywhere here. No one really should be telling anyone to move their fight to the arena or a private room, unless, as said above, the content of the fight IS breaking one of the site rules.