News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Chat Room

• 16 Replies

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
Chat Room
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »
Hi,

As things are working so well at the moment could we try having the limit raised to 50 in the main room?  Things have been fantastic for quite some time now so maybe it would be worth a weeks trial?

Brit

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
Re: Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
no

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »
maybe

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
Lol that was short and sweet :D

Brit

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
I've learned the less I say the better :-)

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »
er um that would certainly seem to be the case judging on that edit button topic

Brit

Offline Flightgrl

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:54:27 AM »
 There's a Chatroom ? (lol  ;) )
No,You did not read my name wrong, i do travel, alot.
Also,there's this Redneck Jerk who's spreading rumors about me,that aren't true,lol ignore him, if You believe him,You're as Stupid as he is!!

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
Well, i disagree Mom.  I am one of those who prefer to fight on Yahoo just because i find it more convenient.  It doesn't mean I take people out of the chat room..I go in the room regulary, sometimes just to chat or to be there while i'm doing something else (not especially fighting).  Sometimes I look for a fight and tell me now..is there a difference at fighting on Yahoo or create a private room and fight in the chatroom?  Isn't the result the same?

After the fight i go back to chat a bit..so I don't have the feeling to "steal" anybody from the room.  I use it to meet and chat and i use yahoo to fight..that's all.

On the subject, i don't think raising up the number of places in the room would be a good idea.  most of the peopkle don't talk anyway..and i don't think it is because  they are fighting on yahoo :p
Lady Gaelle

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »
Biiiiiiiiig Siiiiiiiiigh

But we want chat in the main room.  Its a chat room. Ive tried several ways of promoting interraction on the board all to no real avail. 

Any ideas how we can promote this?

OK i am going off topic now but hey .......... :)

Brit

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
hi, why are you trying to force people to chat in the main room, it is their choice not to talk in the main room and some of us think it is better to stay away from the main room chat, and not to get involve with the B.S. so mom, just leave the rest of us alone    ,

Hi Joyce,

I think its me the above should be aimed at?  I am not trying to "force" nothing, in fact I couldnt if I wanted to.

I know many who would like chat to go on in public having said that and its finding a way of having good quality chats at these times.  Maybe I shouldnt say this but I will anyway, prolly get shot, but when there is a discussion around politics it seems to work real well.  Now this seems strange to me ........... dont get me wrong I have nothing against politics .......... but this is a fighting board and I cant quite seem to grasp the idea that people wouldnt want good quality chats/discussions around fighting/boxing wrestling etc.

Rather than us biting each other and being argumentative maybe we could put our heads together and figure out a way where this could be successful?

Brit

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
Yes Brit, I agree with you this is a fighting chatroom but...talking about fighting all the time has its limits.  Obviously people don't want to talk about each fight they have.
So, it's fine for me if sometimes we talk about other subjects.  I remember the day we talked about the American elections, it was a passionnated debate and, personnally, I liked it.

I  think many people use the chatroom just to  talk in private with some they know well.  It is maybe more convenient to talk about some aspects of fighting in private rather than in public.

We can  regret it because it shows a kind of egoism in people who just think about themselves and don't want to be a part of a community..but it is like that.
Lady Gaelle

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »
OK

Femmefight what would it take to get the limit raised to fifty in the main room?  Ive never known the chat room so stable as it is nowadays. Its been like months since its broken.

:) couldnt we at least have a weeks trial?  Its becoming costly to bribe folk to invite me in :p

Brit

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »
Brit, your wish is my command! The limit is now at 60.

cheers
John
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:02:56 PM by FEMMEFIGHT »

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »
Lets see how it goes. If people want it set back, we can do that as well, but I suggest leave it on this setting for a week - 10 days and then make a judgement

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
No pology necessary, just because the chat works fine on my machine with no lag does not mean it works fine on others.

I think it would be good to encourage any members who might have a problem with the limit being raised to note it in this section so that a good picture can be seen of the outcome of raising it to 60?

Brit