News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Monteri)

• 16 Replies

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
  • Love Glamous Celebrities in Catfghts!
Another icy, mature blonde vs a hot hot blooded, young Italian brunette. This fight occurred in an episode of Man from U.N.C.L.E. entitled The Concrete Overcoat Affair filmed in 1966. Janet Leigh played an efficient killer and Letícia Román played an innocent young Sicilian girl caught up in the intrigue. They two had a fight that occurred on a big conference table.
VS
39 years old 5'5½" tall
26 years old  ??? tall
35½C-23-36 in the 1960s
???- ???- ???

I do not know Letícia Román height and measurements. She seems to be around Janet Leigh's height or a little shorter when Janet is wearing heels and she is in sandals. My guess is she is the same height as Janet or an inch or two taller. She definitely looks heavier than Janet.

The fight had a definite winner in the episode. But suppose the ending wasn't scripted. Who would win? Would the blonde Janet Leigh (as the evil assassin Mrs. Diketon knock the brunette Letícia Román (as fiery Pia Monteri) or does Letícia send Janet to dreamland?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:39:27 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
Re: Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Monteri)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »
Here are some selected fight scenes.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:39:48 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
  • Domination not Destruction
Re: Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Morntni)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
I would go for Pia Morntni in a IRL fight. She appears to be very feisty not to mention the hot Italian blood.  Her legs are nicely toned and her biceps reflects the fact that she is either naturally strong or works out a lot.  Pia looks to be much stronger than Janet and would have little difficulty with her in a IRL fight. 

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
We have two differing viewpoints. After the poll is closed I will give my opinions about the fight as scripted and about what I think would have occurred if they allowed Janet and Pia to fight it out with no predetermined outcome.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:40:19 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline CrashCorrigan

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:41:07 PM »
Glamour Fights, thanks for those awesome pics!

I went with Leticia, because it seems to me that smart money is always on youth, especially when the young chick is actually bigger.  But Janet is not out of this match, because she is obviously fit.  IRL, this could be a real classic.

This is a match from the glory days of TV catfighting.  I saw this many years ago and it helped make me a fan of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., a show which was at once cool but ludicrous.  There were other catfights in that series, and also in its spinoff, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.  One thing we can see which is rare on modern network TV is Leg and Sex Appeal.  IIRC, they did not use stunt doubles in this one, as they did so obviously on Burke's Law for the legendary but ultimately half-assed Suzy Parker-Diana Dors catfight.  What a waste that was.  But this Janet-Leticia match is pretty good, one of the better ones, IMO.

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
Glamour Fights, thanks for those awesome pics!

I went with Leticia, because it seems to me that smart money is always on youth, especially when the young chick is actually bigger.  But Janet is not out of this match, because she is obviously fit.  IRL, this could be a real classic.

This is a match from the glory days of TV catfighting.  I saw this many years ago and it helped make me a fan of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., a show which was at once cool but ludicrous.  There were other catfights in that series, and also in its spinoff, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.  One thing we can see which is rare on modern network TV is Leg and Sex Appeal.  IIRC, they did not use stunt doubles in this one, as they did so obviously on Burke's Law for the legendary but ultimately half-assed Suzy Parker-Diana Dors catfight.  What a waste that was.  But this Janet-Leticia match is pretty good, one of the better ones, IMO.

I give a lot of credit to the director for the way he filmed this one. Unlike many female fights on TV and the movies, this one kept the action on the women fighting and didn't break away from the action to other scenes leaving us only to hear what was going on and then coming back at a later stage of the fight. It was filmed start to finish with no breaks. If I have one complaint I would have liked the overhead shots to have been filmed a little closer. It wasn't a catfight as there was no hair pulling and slapping. It was a fight for superiority. There was only one punch thrown. But the action was good and entertaining and included jockeying for position; a struggle for the knife with back and forth rolling; and hand to hand fighting for control and domination. It was a realistic fight except for one thing that I will leave out for now. It was the same complaint a reviewer did of this episode. But I will leave that until the poll is closed. this fight is on DVD from the third season but I am not sure the individual years are available. I was willing to purchase the complete series just to get my hands on this fight again.

Also you are correct in Janet and Letícia performing there own stunts. I did not observe a stunt double being used for either of them at any time. And the only faux pas I noticed in cutting from one view to another occurred when Letícia got up first and was standing over Janet. They are fighting over Janet's necklace that she used as a weapon. In the close up view Janet is fighting and struggling to get up. She has her right leg bent and is kneeing on her left knee. The next shot is from further away and shows Janet's left leg bent and she is on her right knee with her leg extended behind her.
Apparently they didn't look at the dailies too closely when switching cameras. Of course it is always possible for her to have changed legs but I think it is unlikely.

I couldn't remember who the combatant's were in the Burke's Law catfight but I won't rush to find it from our comments. I remembered a catfight between a brunette and a blonde but couldn't remember the details.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:40:48 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:36:41 AM »
Considering that this fight was only semi-scripted and that there were no stand-ins, it would appear to me that Leticia (Pia) is getting the physical best of her much older rival.  I can't remember how this show ended (I imagine the Janet won because she was the guest star.) but that lilttle Italian gal looked as strong as a young mare. Janet Leight was always too much of a lady to get into a IRL catfight unlike her daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis who apparently had a reputation for taking no guff from other actresses. I loved her in "True Lies".

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »
Considering that this fight was only semi-scripted and that there were no stand-ins, it would appear to me that Leticia (Pia) is getting the physical best of her much older rival.  I can't remember how this show ended (I imagine the Janet won because she was the guest star.) but that lilttle Italian gal looked as strong as a young mare. Janet Leight was always too much of a lady to get into a IRL catfight unlike her daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis who apparently had a reputation for taking no guff from other actresses. I loved her in "True Lies".

Perhaps Jamie Lee Curtis got her attitude and feistiness from her mother who I think was a lot feistier and less lady like than appearances. Of course Janet had made many movies but her most famous role was getting murdered in Psycho.. A movie in which Alfred Hitchcock killed off his star near the beginning of the movie.

Looking at various video captures I see instances where Letícia has a nice set of biceps. I think she was strong. I often look at the forearms for naturally strong women and she has large forearms. Of course she might just be big boned. Certainly Janet is small boned on a small frame although of average height. Since her arms are rather think there are cases where her long biceps are well defined.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:41:29 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 04:01:14 AM »
Agreed - Leticia is somewhat bigger boned than Janet. I also check their calves and ankles. Leticia looks as if she had marginally larger ankles than Janet.  Leticia has all the physical ingredients to overpower the older Janet and one could see genuine strain on Janet's face as they grapple. If they were both the same age, I might give it to Janet because I do believe that she could be feisty if challenged.

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
Re: Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Moneri)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:09 AM »
Agreed - Leticia is somewhat bigger boned than Janet. I also check their calves and ankles. Leticia looks as if she had marginally larger ankles than Janet.  Leticia has all the physical ingredients to overpower the older Janet and one could see genuine strain on Janet's face as they grapple. If they were both the same age, I might give it to Janet because I do believe that she could be feisty if challenged.

But the age difference also gives Janet more experience and probably the ability to be able to remain calm and calculating in a fight more than the brash youngster.

By post is some what vague on purpose. Let me ask the opinions of people for two fights. The first is the fight in the episode between Mrs. Diketon and Pia? If you have seen the fight please do not answer this and give away the result.

The second is who would win starting with the same scenario if the fight was between Janet Leigh and Letícia Román at their given ages in 1955?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:41:45 PM by Glamour Fights »
{alt}

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:53:15 AM »
Janet Leigh was 28 during 1955 and Leticia Roman was 15 during 1955.  In this case, Janet would win hands down.  However, if you meant who would win if Janet was 28 and Leticia was 26, I would give the edge to Janet.  I am holding her age against her. Leticia, at 26, is not exactly an innocent and I believe that she could probably get down and dirty with the best of them that are in her size range.  I'm just looking at the position of the legs and hands in this semi-scripted fight. Leticia in in control as Jante tried to assault her.  It was appear from the pictures (i cannot recall the show though I know that I saw it.) that Leticia put Janet down. I will admit that Janet had one great figure.

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:43 AM »
Janet Leigh was 28 during 1955 and Leticia Roman was 15 during 1955.  In this case, Janet would win hands down.  However, if you meant who would win if Janet was 28 and Leticia was 26, I would give the edge to Janet.  I am holding her age against her. Leticia, at 26, is not exactly an innocent and I believe that she could probably get down and dirty with the best of them that are in her size range.  I'm just looking at the position of the legs and hands in this semi-scripted fight. Leticia in in control as Jante tried to assault her.  It was appear from the pictures (i cannot recall the show though I know that I saw it.) that Leticia put Janet down. I will admit that Janet had one great figure.

Sorry, my typo. I didn't proof read very well. It was 1966, not 1955 when this episode was shot.
{alt}

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 06:39:42 AM »
I will meet you half-way.  I feel that Leticia would win a catfight if, at age 26, she fought the 39 year old Janet.  If Janet was about the same age as Leticia, I would give Janet the win. However, if they had a titfight, Janet would win hands down regardless of age. 

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
I will meet you half-way.  I feel that Leticia would win a catfight if, at age 26, she fought the 39 year old Janet.  If Janet was about the same age as Leticia, I would give Janet the win. However, if they had a titfight, Janet would win hands down regardless of age. 

Not sure what there is to go halfway about because I hope I haven't indicated who would win the fight. I have tried to give reasons why Mrs. Diketon and Pia Monteri would win and why either Manet Leigh or Letícia Román would win  I do like your fantasy fight with both about the same age. As far as a tit fight goes I never though of Janet as being large busted because I always think of her as being very slender. But as these pictures show she has a very nice chest, a slender waist (was 21" in her young days), and a nice full ass and hips. A real hour glass figure. Letícia has a nice figure but at 49 I think Janet's figure is better than the 25 year old's.
{alt}

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
The voters have given Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) a narrow victory over Letícia Román (Pia Monteri). The script writers and director saw the ending differently. Pia knocked Mrs. Diketon out with the only punch thrown.
{alt}{alt}
{alt}{alt}

Here is the entire fight on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_RXlPvFL0&translated=1

As already noted I thought the fight was filmed very well with no stunt doubles used as far as I can tell. The action was continuous with no breakouts to other scenes that allowed us to miss parts of the fight. Finally there was a definite winner.

My biggest complaint follows that of a review I read for this episode The Concrete Overcoat Affair from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. “As for Janet Leigh, her characters [sic] is quite, how shall I say... 'interesting'. But somehow I felt that the plot made her quite uneven at times. Though she's supposed to be a highly-trained strong agent, she seems to fall unconscience a lot.” The fight as directed was obviously better for the story line. But if Ms. Diketon was really the trained killer she would have finished Pia off quickly. Her weapon of choice seemed to be the knife and yet she carelessly lets Pia grab ahold of it and force it out of her hand. And in the fight she is the one always on the defensive unlike a highly trained operative. The fight does start out realistically with Mrs. Diketon knocked the knife out of Pia’s hand. But then she gets careless as I said.

Of course if the fight had been allowed to take place without being scripted, that is letting Janet Leigh and Letícia Román go at it for real (sans weapons of course), then I think the fight would have gone very much along the way it was filmed. Letícia would have dominated Janet. They were acting but I think the expressions on their faces would have been the same as in an unscripted fight.

Letícia Román would be confident and enjoying going after Janet Leigh:
{alt}

Janet Leigh would have been apprehensive and trying to avoid Letícia Román:
{alt}

This scene sums it up completely. Letícia being the aggressor and the hunter with Janet being the prey, scared and cowering:
{alt}
{alt}