News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Monteri)

• 16 Replies

Offline Mindcastle

• God Member
  • Domination not Destruction
Re: Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Monteri)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
Thanks for posting the final resolution of this great tussle.  Also, enjoyed the commentary - I agree that Mrs. Diketon would have been a much tougher character if she really were an assassin. Having a little Sicilian gal deck her with a KO would have been a great embarrassment. Of course, who knows, maybe that Sicilian gal was really a Mafia henchwoman. Considering her roots, who knows? I must say that Janet really knew how to take a dive. Of course, if she were clocked with a right handed hay maker, she would have fallen in the other direction. Pia had an excellent follow thru with that punch.

Again thanks for the pictures and the link and for setting up a great fight. 

Offline Glamour Fights

• God Member
  • Love Glamous Celebrities in Catfghts!
Re: Janet Leigh (Mrs Diketon) vs Letícia Román (Pia Monteri)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »
Thanks for posting the final resolution of this great tussle.  Also, enjoyed the commentary - I agree that Mrs. Diketon would have been a much tougher character if she really were an assassin. Having a little Sicilian gal deck her with a KO would have been a great embarrassment. Of course, who knows, maybe that Sicilian gal was really a Mafia henchwoman. Considering her roots, who knows? I must say that Janet really knew how to take a dive. Of course, if she were clocked with a right handed hay maker, she would have fallen in the other direction. Pia had an excellent follow thru with that punch.

Again thanks for the pictures and the link and for setting up a great fight. 

Good comment and points.  Pia did have her own smaller knife although I don't know where she had it in that dress. She could have had a holster on her thigh like Mrs. Diketon did althogh I never saw one when her dress go hiked up. Pia's father and relatives were once in the mob in Chicago if from their comments. Hence the title of the episode The Concrete Overcoat Affair.. But her character seemed to be one of a sweet and even naive girl, not a tough Sicilian babe.

Actually Letícia didn't do that good of a job with the punch. If you look at it frame by frame you will see she has an open hand (picture below). Then when she completes the punch past her body on her great follow through she has a closed fist.
{alt}
This punch probably had many takes as evident from the switching of a close up to the more distant shot. Not surprising to get the punch to look right and to get a good fall from Janet.

I do give credit tot the staging by the director, choreographer and the two actresses for the fight scene as I have said before. Most of the time you can see their faces in parts of the fight where normally you might see stunt doubles. The only other "mistake" I have observed so far was the switching of the knee Mrs. Diketon is on from a close up to a distant shot. (See an earlier post.

I agree about the direction that Janet fell after being hit with a hay maker. This is not the first time I have seen that. Another example is when Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate) knocks out her opponent in a boxing match on Married...... with Children. I'm not sure why they do it that way. Maybe because it looks better on film than falling the other way. Janet does a good job with the expression on her face as she goes down and you would miss that unless they suddenly switched camera angles. Janet sure knows how to take a punch - she just needs to stay out of showers.
{alt}