News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Thoughts on a discord server related to this forum

• 3 Replies

Offline tfsaraGG

• I'm no good at filling out profiles
Thoughts on a discord server related to this forum
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:40:44 AM »
Would one of u computer literate ppl make one? I have no idea how it works, but it's a really kewl app
Look at me and you can probably guess how I like to fight... And if you can buy bras at Victoria's Secret, ur not big enough.
I have Trillian, but prefer Skype or discord.

Offline bruhet

• ay
Re: Thoughts on a discord server related to this forum
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
could
bruh

Offline Sinful Senorita Carmen

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
It's been suggested in the past.  I have been an advocate for discord, was hoping they could some how move their chat room to that.  Some sort of legal issue or something to do with ads though as to why they couldn't do it. 

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »
It's been suggested in the past.  I have been an advocate for discord, was hoping they could some how move their chat room to that.  Some sort of legal issue or something to do with ads though as to why they couldn't do it.

Complete bullshit

There is a very practical issue why. We can't link the site features AKA membership list to a discord server. So for us to operate one would require us to do every single new member to such a server manually. And have to track members of such a server by their number, not their name since Discord isn't about individual user names.

Also the reason for people to prefer Discord to here have been features we can't really accommodate Basically they want us to restrict membership to the servers banning:
1. Men
2. Posers
3. Multiple ID people
4. People who they don't like
5. Anyone in a position of authority on FCF

I have used it for years through work and it is a decent enough chat engine but it isn't worth the effort of starting at ground zero for a chat room. Especially one that most people already on discord now won't use anyways because they still aren't the ones in charge.

And if you have issues with ads whose sole purpose is to pay for the site to be online, there's the door. I have seen the ad revenue and and if I could afford to run one, no one is making money off it.

End of the day, if you see a FCF discord server it isn't anything maintained or associated with the site unless we announce otherwise. And for the reasons stated above I don't see it as being a big selling point.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 01:56:17 PM by nutmeg »