News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Note to admistrator and moderators

• 14 Replies

Offline Patrick

• God Member
  • No, that is NOT me !
Note to admistrator and moderators
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
Can someone do something about "Bastiani" ?

A while back, in the chatroom, she was pretending to be a "futur moderator" (making ban threats right and left, ect) and I had it confirmed by a REAL moderator that she was NOT a "futur moderator"

And now, in the chatroom, she has taken to sending repeated/consecutive "invitations" (to some people, not just me) to a point where it "freezes" one out of the chatroom !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:11:27 PM by Patrick/Quebec »

Offline Anna_jayne

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
Re: Note to admistrator and moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Tried the above out myself this morning on a volunteer and your indeed right in that it is very disruptive to the room sending constant invites as the outcome is that the user leaves and enters the room each time. In my case though sending the messages froze me up and not the person receiving the invites. I guess that would depend on the speed of the person sending the message and the person accepting and what machines/equipment they are using.

Out of interest does any other chatter have this problem with anyone?  Ive often wondered why people leave and come back about twenty times in a row and maybe this could be the reason?

Thanks for reporting the issue here and making us aware so we can keep our eyes open and respond accordingly.

If it still continues can you update. We might need some indication as to the time of day this is taking place as I know I have personally never seen Bastiani in the chat room. Hopefully one of the other moderators will be in the same time zone.

Thanks

Jayne

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »
I have asked Kaiden to take a look at this issue urgently.
cheers
John

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Can someone run another test on this and let me know if tyhings have improved.

We have added a function that will only allow one invite every 30 secs.

Let me know if it solves anything?

thanks
John

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
Hi,

I did a test this evening on a chatter with his permission and it froze us both up. We both had to leave the room and return. This time I had him to decline the invitation which was less disruptive to the room as a whole but did have the effect of forcing us to leave and return.

If a chatter is doing this to another they will both have to leave and return.

Brit
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:42:32 PM by Brit_Brat1 »

Offline Patrick

• God Member
  • No, that is NOT me !
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback and action (that 30 second wait period should help... but still, having to click the invite off twice every minute... mind you, it would at least cause the "inviter" to keep at it longer)

As for the time of the said incident, it was both right before, and right after (for some time), my original post on this thread.

Sorry for all the fuss, if was just a matter somebody being rude or sending loads of un-sollicited PM's, I wouln't have pestered you with all that, but when it gets to a point where the chatroom becomes unsuable for some people...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:14:43 AM by Patrick/Quebec »

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
ok, can we try this again at some stage plus the sharinf file issue? Feedback appreciated :-)

cheers
John

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Ok

The file sharing thing is fixed thank you.

As far as the other problem is concerned, I did multiple invites to a volunteer and she did not receive one apparently so that problem is fixed in as much as no one can control activities of another chatter.

I will go back to the chatroom later, create a private room and see if I can persuade another chatter to accept my invite. Not too sure on whether that will be successful mind you cos the last time I did that the chatter was stuck in there for a good four hours :D

Brit

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
Thanks Brit, please let me know how it goes and anything else that needs adjusting. Bit concerned the volunteer didn't recieve one...

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
Ok Update,

On a positive note no invites are being received by the person so no one can be frozen or made to leave. On a negative note you can no longer create a private room and send invites....... well you can send them but they are not received. This is only a proble if the room is private though because people can go into the rooms wihout an invite if it is not private.  This is my second attempt at sending invites and them not being received......... and by two different chatters.

Brit

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
I'll ask kaiden to revisit this asap.

cheers
John

Offline Patrick

• God Member
  • No, that is NOT me !
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
Can't people be invited (and then access) such private rooms just by sending the interested party a "PM" ?

This is an awful fix to a problem that i don't even know if it exists or not.

I have tried to make a priv room for tag match and the people aren't getting the invites.

It is very common, for myself at least, to have semi-private fights....meaning selected visitors and that does not function anymore.

Unfortunately i did not notice this exchange and wasted over half an hour with 3 other people trying to see what was wrong.

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »
Nope, whilst a pm can be sent it wont get them in to the room. However, when I did my "test", anyone could see the "private" room and go straight in.... in other words didnt need notification. But that makes the room not private.

Brit

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
Hi Kaiden

Yes that is exactly what we want to do "stop people sending multiple invites". It will disrupt the room and freeze up the sender of the invite and the person being invited.  You would think that would stop the inviter doing it wouldnt you?  but chatting to someone this morning, this problem was not confined just to that one person, apparently others do it too, so it would be fantastic for it to be addressed and rectified in some way.

Right now you can send as many invites as you want and they do not reach the person your sending it to. There does not appear to be any 30 second thing.

The other outcome is that a private room can be made, you can enter, but of course cant invite anyone to go into that "private" room. However, once the room is made, as things are at present, anyone can see the room and enter it.

Brit

PS Can I on behalf of everyone thank you for your hard work and for being in the background fixing our problems

Brit
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:52:54 AM by Brit_Brat1 »

Offline Brit_Brat1

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »
Not to be a pain but can we test this invite thing again?

Hi

The invite certainly works and we seem to be able to have private rooms again, havent tested that to its limit to see if it is really private but will do so at some time.

Did multiple invites on a volunteer tonight and had him to decline. He was fine, I froze up and had to leave and come back.  If that is what happens with the person annoying then its all well and good.  Time will tell on that one.

Will keep you updated

Brit