News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Triumph

• 5 Replies

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
  • Believe in yourself and give your love to others
Triumph
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
Triumph

Sinclair Alexander is my friend… and right now, my friend is in danger. You wouldn’t think she would be if you saw her… 6’ tall, weighing around 200 lbs of amazingly curvy Greek toned figure. Her hair is long, very, very curly, and black; her eyes are deep dull blue that goes well with her olive skin; her breasts are very large, her stomach is toned and sensuous; her legs and behind are firm and desirable and creates an aura of always being in control as she wears her dull blue and silver one piece with pants and matching boots… her ring name says all you need to know about her… Triumph. Sinclair wanted to be a fighter, but I really wish she had stuck to being a model. Maybe this wouldn’t be happening now. Sinclair is lifted high in the air by her opponent, a 6’1” 200 lb pale skinned woman with black hair, pupiless eyes and a black coat… she calls herself Death. Sinclair is choke slammed to the mat for the fifth time and I cringe from my seat. She looks back, stretchered out like this, a cut forming a “C” shape around her right eye, blood running from her busted nose to the corner of her bleeding mouth and meeting the stream of blood running from her ear at the side of her neck, forming one continuous stream… until she is lifted up and slammed down again. They have to stop this match before she gets seriously hurt… hell, she already is.

Who am I? I’m her best friend, Gail Griffin, 5’4” 120 lbs honestly (but if you ask me personally, it’s 5’6” and 110 lbs… blame Blue Bell Ice Cream and McDonald‘s fries), shoulder length curly red hair, green eyes, freckles, eyeglasses. I’ve known Sinclair for practically all our lives. She moved to my neighborhood in San Francisco from Boston and is the daughter of two Greek parents and she scared away all the bullies. She’s the most down to earth person I’ve ever met and she didn’t have to throw one punch to get those girls to leave me alone. I was very much the geek of the neighborhood; I collected and still collect comic books; I could draw just about anything; and I’m a sarcastic talker, but I’m very much a wimp who cried “We Care!!” with the Care Bears in their movie, has a collection of Pokemon memorabilia, a life-sized Darth Vader doll in my house, and a Wonder Woman toaster… and that’s not even the tip of the iceberg with me. I didn’t have any friends when I was a kid; my imagination was all I really had, but that’s not such a bad thing because it took me places. It got me to a Bachelor’s and Master’s at Stanford before I turned 20 and it gave me a great idea when I met Sinclair.

Sinclair was my hero and seeing how tall she was and strong and all, I would draw her in a blue and silver outfit with a long blue cape and a big silver “T” on her large chest… I called her “Triumph” and she could fly, had super-strength and invulnerability. Her story was that she was the lovechild of the Greek God of War Ares and the Greek Goddess Hera and was cast on earth to avoid being discovered. She’s a Greek warrior and knew wrestling and became a savoir of the world, and I gave her a secret identity of Sinclair Alexander, with Sinclair‘s permission, of course… okay, so I kinda ripped off a little bit of Superman and Wonder Woman… but there’s one thing that I gave Triumph that not only separated her from those two, but because Sinclair is so nice, it separates her from Sinclair… I made Triumph the most egotistical, pig-headed, self-absorbed hero in the universe. When I was old enough, I struck a deal with Nemo Comics and Triumph got her own series, with Sinclair as the real model. We were partners and we co-wrote the stories and split the royalties right down the middle. It was great. We’d go to comic conventions and she would put on the costume and would be a natural playing Triumph. She even took mixed martial arts classes to hone her abilities as a fighter, just in case someone wanted to test her knowledge of combat, whether verbally or physically. She got to be soooo popular that she started taking on various causes and lecturing students at a bunch of schools as part of the anti-bullying campaign. The comic continued to get popular and there was even talk of a Triumph movie… but then, the economy went downhill and Nemo Comics went belly up. We were stuck.

Sinclair is whipped to the ropes, bounces off and runs face first into Death’s boot. The crunching sound of my best friend’s nose breaking is so loud, I can hear it. Sinclair decided that she could be trained as a wrestler and try to capitalize on Triumph’s popularity to get us some income. I saved up a lot and we were going to be fine, but Sinclair wanted to prove to herself that she could really do this. That was one thing about Sinclair; little kids would come up to her and ask her if she could beat Glory or Rachel Apache or Allison Payne or one of the real fighters out there and as Triumph, she would brag and boast that she could because she’s a superhero and the Warrior of Greece and so on, but as Sinclair, I guess she really wondered or felt like she wasn’t living to her full potential. Female fighting is a big deal now and a lot of fighting camps are popping up all over the place, but Sinclair just didn’t want to fully commit to training as much as she wanted to get in the ring and beat someone up.

She thought it would be easy… well, she was wrong because she signed with Extreme Women’s Wrestling, a developmental league that OPW owns and was put up against OPW veteran Death. And now, I’m watching my friend get destroyed. The only thing that’s keeping her from quitting is her stubborn heart. I’ve seen her choke slammed across a barricade; I’ve seen her arms twisted in a leg nelson. I’ve seen her take more punishment than any bully ever dished out to me when I was a kid and she won’t give up. Death hoists Sinclair into suplex position, but turns her body to where she is facing Death while being held upside down. Oh my… Death drops to a seated position while driving the top of Sinclair’s head into the mat… this is Death’s finisher and it’s appropriately called The Death Penalty. My bestie’s body goes limp instantly and she drops motionless on the hard mat. I’m up and in tears as Death grabs her up again and gives her another Death Penalty. The medical staff invade the ring, but that’s not enough as Death clotheslines and choke slams them one by one… oh Sinclair… what were you thinking? Death tosses Sinclair outside of the ring; there are no mats on the floor here. She lifts Sinclair up and gives her a Death Penalty on the floor and I see Sinclair’s neck jackknife. I jump the guardrail and throw my body over Sinclair’s. Nobody in this little arena knows who I am and nobody cares. In fact, many of them are cursing at me to get off my friend; they are bloodthirsty animals. I expect Death to hurt me, but I feel the cloak flap against my arm as she casually walks away. I can barely recognize my beautiful friend beaten and bleeding like this.

The next year is a struggle… she’s got a broken everything, from her neck to her nose to her arms and back… she doesn’t talk; she spends most of the first two months unconscious. I visit her every day and soon, she wakes up, but she still says nothing. She’s like a vegetable and she gets her meals injected directly into her stomach. Weeks and months fly by of my taking ice chips and rubbing them on her lips because her esophagus won’t work. She has surgery; one thing about being in OPW or an OPW territory and having an exclusive deal… you’ve got the best insurance plan on the face of the earth. I sit with my fingers and toes crossed while surgery after surgery is done… where once there was bone, now there is steel. The doctor tells me Sinclair is going to be numb in some areas, and it will take a long time for her to gain her senses. She suffered a great deal of memory loss and he doesn’t know if she’ll ever get it back. I look at her on that bed, wrapped from head to toe with her eyes open, staring blankly at the ceiling… I can’t imagine how this has affected her. And then, she looks at me and she speaks.

“Gail,” she says softly

“Sinclair,” I say as she turns her head and looks at me.

“Where is Death? Did I defeat her?”

“No,” I say, “But that’s not important… whoa!!”

She starts ripping off the wrappings on her body and she sits up.

“By Athena’s name, I must find that monster and defeat her!” but when Sinclair tries to walk, she falls and I catch her… she’s heavier now with the steel implanted and all the muscle builders and supplements. But she sounds nothing like the person I know… in fact, she sounds more like… nah, that couldn’t be possible. She rips all of the wrapping off of her and stands fully naked in front of me with her hands on her hips and poking her massive breasts forward, her curly black hair flapping over her shoulder as she gives me a look of heroic nobility.

“Where is my attire?” she says with so much confidence in her voice, it could shatter walls

“I’ll get the nurse to give you a robe,” I say, but she grabs my arm… her grip is so strong.

“I need no robe,” she demands, starting to get her legs under her, “I need my cape and my uniform… and my name, as you should know, is Triumph, a warrior born with the love of Aphrodite, the wisdom of Athena, the strength of Hercules, the tactical mind of my father Ares, and the temper of Hera!! My secret identity is Sinclair, and you are my noble friend Gail. Clearly you have forgotten, my somewhat clumsy and nerdy friend, that I am the daughter of the gods, the matriarch of majesty, the scion of Olympus and the savior of earth… I am Triumph!!! Perhaps, your memory has been impacted by the trauma of seeing me assaulted and battered, but as sure as my name is victory, I shall have my vengeance. We have business to get to. Fetch me my cape and uniform, and we will leave this place of the sick and find the monster called Death!!”

Now, there are some things I know… I know Sinclair got dropped on her head pretty hard. I know she suffered multiple broken bones and that the doctor said she’d have lost a considerable portion of her memory… but this was on a completely different level of “what the hell do I do now?” I have to think of something fast, but she storms out of the room and into the hall, butt naked, with the male orderlies gawking at her.

“Um Triumph,” I say, “In order to escape this place, we must… errr, you must disguise yourself as Sinclair… the umm… people here don’t realize that you are Triumph and they will--”

“Nonsense Gail,” she says arrogantly and politely pushes me aside, “We will walk out the front door and I will fly us back to your home. Then, we will seek out the monster Death and she will bow before me. I must find my cape; my cape gives me the ability to fly. I believe I told you that once.”

“Yes,” I say, putting my hand over my face and shaking my head from side to side, “how could I forget? Umm… Death has your cape.”

“Then we have no time to waste!”

A large orderly with spiky blonde hair, about 6’2” and I’m pretty sure at least 220, blocks our path.

“I’m afraid I’m gonna have to get you back to your room, Ms. Alexander,” he says

Sinclair grabs the man by his throat and lifts him in the air with ease. Man… she’s strong!! She could’ve never have done that before the steel implants… and I’m sure some of it is mental too.

“I am not even at an eighth of my strength yet,” she says to him, “But look at how easily I remove you from my path… fetch me some fitting clothes, boy, and make it snappy!! A scion of the god of war does not wish to wait on your puny human lethargic tendencies.”

She throws him down and he comes back with more orderlies. I think of how bad this is going to get, but my friend looks at me as smiles.

“You are such a yellow belly, Gail,” she says, “Every time you see danger, you fear. But you must realize that I am Triumph and victory fears nothing!! Have at you, you weak dogs!!”

I kid you not when I say that those five orderlies went down… but not in an orderly fashion. She caught the first one’s attempt at a tackle and power bombed him on the floor. She caught the second guy’s fist and slung him into the elevator doors. She put the third guy’s head through the wall. The fourth one got her in a full nelson, but she shrugged and broke it, then she reached back, grabbed him by his neck, and threw him over her shoulder and through a food tray. The fifth guy shit his pants and ran away.

“Uuuuhhhh!!!! And ungodly stench!!!” she cries as she strips one of the orderlies of his clothing and wears it, walking ahead of me, with her feet still bare.

“Where is your vehicle?” she says, “I prefer flight, but until I find Death and retrieve my cape, I will have to tolerate this… what do you call it? Elantra.”

“Hey,” I say, “it’s easy on gas and it’s a reliable car. You picked it out when we… never mind.”

“It is an abomination and a testament to flawed craftsmanship,” she says, but she gets in. I don’t know if what I’m doing is right or wrong. Maybe she should still be in the hospital… in fact, she should still be in the hospital, but who’s going to tell her that? I figure that her memory will come back as soon as I get her home and re-familiarize her with her life as Sinclair. But at every red light, she rolls the window down and yells at the cars ahead of us. She complains at how slow we’re moving, and before we get home, she demands we stop and get food. I watch her down six extra large super supreme deep dish pizzas and watch the waitresses stare in disgust as she yells, “Ho there, wench!! Fetch me a flagon of mead!” She gets Bud Light and drinks enough for six people to get piss drunk and she still doesn‘t budge. “Dan-O’s All You Can Eat Pizza Buffet” is really getting its limits tested and I’m beginning to realize that Sinclair’s metabolism may have been effected by all of the surgeries she’s had. As soon as we get to my place, I am on the verge of passing out, while she is donning one of the many Triumph costumes I have in my house… but ironically enough, none of them have capes. Thank God; the last thing I need is for her to jump off a building or something, trying to fly. I’m trying to sleep, but she goes on and on, retelling all of her many adventures with a boast that would make Beowulf look like the most humble Geat on the planet. I know every story she tells because I wrote them, but she starts adlibbing about her childhood and I get a glimpse into what ideas Sinclair had for a miniseries we were going to do called “Triumphant Teens.” And what thought dominates my mind? I want Sinclair back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wake up the next morning to the smell of bacon and eggs. I see my friend dressed in a blue shirt and blue jeans, with white and blue sneakers.

“Care for some breakfast, chum?” she says and I get up, smiling and leap into her arms.

“Sinclair!! You’re back!!” I say

“Oh no, Gail,” she says, sounding more like the boastful person from last night, “I am only in my guise. We must go out and buy training equipment to prepare me for my battle with Death.”

“You don’t need to buy any equipment,” I say, “You can just go to the gym with me and--”

The phone rings. I’m expecting to hear a hospital staff member or something like that… but instead, I get a bubbly female voice.

“Hi. This is Tracy with OPW. We heard what happened last night.”

“Yes,” I say, trying to think of an excuse for Sinclair taking out five orderlies and destroying a elevator door, a food tray, and part of a wall

“We’re going to pay for it,” she says, “But we were wondering when Triumph would be ready to return because--”

“Triumph is ready NOW!!” how did she hear that? I’m on the phone and it’s not on speaker… what did those doctors do to Sinclair? She jerks the phone away from me.

“Tonight?” she says, “8 Woman Battle Royal? But I am the offspring of Gods; I am no mere woman!… Will Death be in it? You tell Death that Triumph is coming!!”

She smashes my phone… my Garfield phone… ugh.

“Gail, you must sew me a cape,” she says, “I cannot have my enemies knowing that I am without it; they may hone in on my weaknesses.”

“But if you’re just wrestling, you don’t need to fly,” I respond… oh hell, what is the point of even saying this? I sew the blue cape with her standing over me as if I don’t know the length… she finishes sewing it herself while I rethink my decision to ever let her walk out of that hospital. EWW has another event here in San Francisco tonight and Triumph has managed to get herself in a 8 woman over the top battle royal with the winner to face the EWW World Champion Diana Majors, 5’9” 140 lbs, long brown hair, blue eyes, looks just like her mother, who looked like Lynda Carter (the actress/singer who played Wonder Woman) and is the biological daughter of the late legendary wrestler Dina Majors (featured in my work “Dina Majors Story”). We get to the arena pretty early; my friend changes to her attire and storms to the ring as the fans are filling in, demanding that Death come out and face her. EWW is a small fed, but it’s getting popular thanks to OPW stars making appearances, not to mention OPW’s never-ending money is behind it, and Triumphs return is really getting the crowd excited. She storms to the back and Lord knows what kind of trouble is going on back there while I take my seat. It’s out of my hands now… but considering what I’m dealing with, was it ever really in my hands? Seriously…

The other nine girls are in the ring. They vary in shape and size and I’ll get into that in a moment, because right now, Queen’s “We Are the Champions” is blasting and Triumph is coming to the ring. Why that song? Sinclair came up with the idea of adding to her character’s arrogance by having her them music be a song about victory that is usually played AFTER someone wins. She comes out in her full blue and silver glory and enters the ring… but Death isn’t in it. 4’7” 88 lb, brown haired blue eyed Candace “Dangermouse” Spud is in a green one piece, barefoot and is jumping up and down while 7’ 500 lb blonde haired pale skinned South African Big Black is in a black one piece with black boots and looks as distant as she can be. 5’9” 140 lb Lisa Pritchard is the younger sister to OPW’s biggest heel/bad guy Samantha and is honey skinned, has red hair and green eyes and is in a purple shiny one piece with purple toenail polish on her bare feet. In fact, Spud and Lisa were both on The Ultimate Catfighter reality show, but before they were doing that, rumor has it that they both defeated Marie B. in unofficial matches… both of them by verbal submission. Booya.

Hope is a 6’3” Gabrielle Union looking African American woman who was in OPW and had some great matches with Justine Credible before Hope got destroyed by Allison Payne in a cage fight. She’s in a two piece black and silver outfit with furry black boots and silver bracelets. The EWW Tag Team Champions Lucy Thunder and Lara Lightening (featured in my story “The Strong One”) are ready to go in their outfits. Lucy is 6’ and 180 lbs, has black hair and a strong figure… in fact, she’s Xena all the way and she’s dressed in a black and yellow outfit with matching boots while Lara is in a yellow and blue version and has long blonde hair, a round Renee Zellweger with friendlier eyes. She’s 5’4” and about 125 lbs and they’re talking and I’m pretty sure it’s strategic. These two travel everywhere in a Bentley (if Marie B. is reading this, I guess that answers her question), but it’s my understanding that they only make as much as the other wrestlers, not counting the champion’s bonus, which is a pretty good bonus. And rounding out the other seven is… “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns and Roses and out comes the 6’6” 250 lb maroon haired honey skinned violet eyed baby faced monster called Fortune. Diana Majors is sitting at the commentators table watching. All these girls are freaks!!! Well, except for Diana. I read about Dina Majors and how she was the nicest, most professional down to earth person you could meet. Her daughter acts just like her. But when Sinclair joined EWW, I made it my business to find out as much as I could about the girls on the roster, and it never ceases to amaze me how many nutcases they can fit in one promotion.

Triumph looks very calm, even with so many girls with psychotic backgrounds in the ring at once.

“I will clear the ring of you pitiful excuses for gladiators!” she declares loudly, “None of you are as glorious as I! I am the-- UNNNHHH!!!”

“Eat a salt lick and shit sugar, you dick cheese pussy fuck!” Fortune says as she nails her with a big boot and my friend staggers back as the bell rings. I’m so worried for Sinclair as Fortune tries to clothesline her over the top rope, but she ducks and back body drops the much larger woman over the top rope and to the floor. Wow. I guess when you’ve lost your mind, you really don’t know your own strength.

“Hey!!” Spud yells, charging forward, “Fortune was mine! I marked her with my scent a few years ago!! She’s my Fortune (actually, back when Spud was obsessed with Marie, she pissed on Fortune’s leg while the big woman was taking a shower because Fortune has insulted Marie).”

“Little insignificant gnat!” Triumph says, lifting Spud up by the top of her head and flinging her out of the ring and through a nearby table. The crowd starts chanting “HOLY SHIT” as Lisa jumps on Triumph’s shoulders from behind and locks on a neck scissors. My friend laughs and puts her hands on Lisa’s butt, then jumps and throws Lisa off of her and out of the ring, landing in a seated position. Lisa crashes face first on the concrete floor and she’s bleeding badly from her nose.

“Where is the one called Death?!!” Triumph yells, “Come out from your lair and face me!! Uh!!”

Lara Lightening dropkicks my friend and she staggers back a bit. I hear Lucy Thunder cry “Lara no!! What are you thinking?”

“We’ve got to get her out now!” the short blonde cries and she hits Triumph with repeated kicks to her ribs, but my friend grabs Lara around the neck with both hands and lifts her up, squeezing her throat.

“Lara!!” Lucy cries, spearing Triumph from behind, causing her to drop Lara, lifting my friend up and slamming her down on her chest, face, and stomach in a reverse sidewalk slam. Lucy pulls my friend to her feet and whips her to the corner, follows her and slams a jumping knee into her stomach while Lara ducks a big boot from Big Black and actually knocks the massive woman back with a dropkick. Lara is punching the big girl’s stomach with all her might, but gets dropped with a big head butt while Hope grabs Lucy Thunder as Triumph is in the corner. Lara abandons Big Black to charge Hope and Hope catches Lara by the throat… Hope nails the tag champs with a double choke slam, but Triumph grabs the Black girl from behind, lifts her up and gives her a jumping backbreaker. Triumph lifts Lara and Lucy in each arm, jumping and landing on her knees and slamming both their stomachs across her biceps, then she lets them drop as she and Big Black are the only women left standing. My doubt of Triumph beating Big Black turns to a doubt of what I am seeing as Triumph easily lifts Big Black in a gorilla press and tosses her out of the ring and to the floor. Lucy Thunder, Lara Lightening, and Hope are all looking at my friend with disbelief.

“What makes you foolish humans believe you stand a chance against an offspring of the Gods?” she quakes, “I am Triumph!!”

Hope charges, but Triumph sidesteps her; Hope plants her feet on the middle rope and moonsaults off of it, slamming her body into my friend’s and knocking both of them down. Hope moves as Lara Lightening does a reverse 450 splash from off the top rope, slamming her body into Triumph’s stomach and knocking the breath from her. Then she is whipped by Hope into the corner where Lucy Thunder is sitting on the top turnbuckle and waiting. Lucy pulls Triumph up onto the top turnbuckle and does a jumping Powerbomb off the top rope and to the floor… Thunderbomb. Triumph is down and she’s hurting… I’m worried now as they start to pull her up to toss her over the top rope, but she grabs Lucy by her stomach and squeezes her in a belly claw that has the Xena looking woman screaming. Lara is pounding on Triumph’s face with punches, but Triumph is just smiling at her, then kicks her in the stomach so hard, the little blonde is sent rolling to the corner with an “AUGH!!!”

“My name…is…Triumph!!!!!” my friend cries as she lifts Lucy with one hand, runs and throws her out of the ring and into the crowd like a javelin.

“Well, now you‘ve done it!!” Lara Lightening cries as she runs right at Triumph with a chair she snuck out and got, and Triumph sidesteps the nimble blonde, and kicks her in the butt, sending her over the top rope, but turning around in time to duck the right hand from Hope and knee her in the stomach… but the lights go out. When they come back on, Death is standing just outside of the ring and Triumph is looking right at her. Death’s face is blank and emotionless as always and Triumph’s face turns to pure rage… don’t do it, Sinclair…

“Death!!!” she cries, “Where is my cape, you cretin?!!!”

She dives over the top rope and onto Death and both women start trading punches and strikes on the ramp, but Death knees Triumph in the stomach, doubling her over with an “OOF!” and drops her with a big boot to the face. Death stomps hard on my friend’s crotch, then starts to walk away just as Triumph is getting up. Hope wins the battle royal and gets the title shot against Diana Majors. I don’t know what to tell my friend when we get back to the locker room. She spent the rest of the card looking for Death and Death was nowhere in the building.

“I will not stop until I have my vengeance!!” she says, “I have destroyed the Cyclops and outwrestled Twisted Sister and Sister Christian. I defeated Motorhead on the Black Sabbath and destroyed a Judas Priest with Nine Inch Nails!! I am Triumph and I shall have my vengeance!!”

She went through about a third of Sinclair’s musical tastes in that rant. How messed up was my friend? We sat in my house and she went on and on, but we got a call from Tracy at OPW  around 2 the next evening. I have videoconferencing set up in my house, so I could see Tracy, and we had a lot in common… red hair, glasses, freckles, cute smile. Tracy was an intern in OPW, then an aid to the owner, Siena Blaze, and Siena liked her so much that she made her a part of the board of directors. She says Death is being called back up to OPW, but that Triumph was going to be coming up to OPW as well for a potential rematch and to be the tag team partner of a new OPW superstar. She said we would meet in Las Vegas to iron out the details because there will be a card in Las Vegas and Triumph insisted that we start packing immediately.

“We will go to this place called Sin City and enter this realm of OPW,” she says, “Then, I will face the one called Death and she will bow down to me!!”

“Wait,” Tracy says with a smile through our screen, “I want you to meet your tag partner. We’ve been trying to get through to her and we’ve got her.”

The screen splits with Tracy on one side, and a redheaded teenage girl, who looks about as innocent as innocent can be and looks up with strawberry ice cream all over her mouth, is on the other side.

“Marissa?” Tracy says

“Uhhhh… yeah?” the other redhead says

“That’s your tag team partner for your first OPW match. Her name is Triumph,” Tracy says

“You mean like the plastic dog puppet from The Conan O’Brien Show? Can‘t we delay this about another month or two? I‘ve got… ummm… school work and stuff.” Marissa says, looking at us with a puzzled expression, but not so puzzled that she doesn’t lick the ice cream off her face just to start eating it again.

“Is this a joke?” Triumph says, “This puny child is weak and fragile and will only get in my way when I confront Death. I am Triumph!”

“Hey!” Marissa says, “I’m Marissa ‘The Fighting Honor Student’ Simmons, dammit! I’m not weak! I’m… strong; I can hold my own; I just don’t like to. And to paraphrase the puppet dog named Triumph, your personality is… for me to poop on!!” (Marissa is the lead character in my ongoing series thread “Rivals”)

“Little girl,” Triumph says, angrily shaking her fist at the screen, “When we meet in person and not through portals, you will apologize for your insolence!”

“Ummm… wroooooong! Try door number two,” Marissa says and Triumph punches the videoconferencing screen and smashes it… great. Thank Heavens I have an insurance policy with that. We pack up her Ford Explorer and prepare to make our way to Las Vegas. I don’t know what this trip will bring or how long it will take before I have my Sinclair back, but I’m going to have to keep an eye on Triumph… for her safety, but more importantly, for everyone else’s.

"When people walk away from you... let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you... and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."

Offline harpua13

• God Member
Re: Triumph
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »
as always, I enjoy reading you work, looking forward to more from this.
I can't write series well myself. I do much better with vignettes.
Free your mind.
And your ass will follow.

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
Thanks! I'm pretty sure you could do a series if you really wanted to. You have a good enough writing ability, a great sense of detail, compelling characters, and a commitment to the reader that you can maintain a series. A lot of the series that I've done were never intended to be series. But when readers want more and I actually have a break, I try to give it to them. Plus, it's good having people around to throw ideas off of and to keep me motivated.
"When people walk away from you... let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you... and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."

Offline harpua13

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 08:28:14 AM »
you're right. I guess I'm just making excuses for my literary sloth.  :D
Free your mind.
And your ass will follow.

Offline Jonica

• God Member
  • Verified Smartass
    • A Dark And Frightening World
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »
More great work, Howard! 

:D

xoxo
Bad (Bad) Blood (Blood)
The bitch is in her smile.
The lie is on her lips,
Such an evil child.

Offline howardcosell

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 06:28:02 PM »
Thanks Jonica! I'm trying... I've had that story in my head for quite some time; I just needed a break to start it and some "in between" time to finish it. Glad you liked it. :D