News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Thoughts on women's mma and grappling

• 13 Replies

Offline chokedout

Thoughts on women's mma and grappling
« on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:57 PM »
What are everyone's thoughts on women's MMA and grappling tournaments?

Given what I believe appeals to most of us about catfighting - the suspense, the emotions, and of course the raw competition - I would expect both MMA and grappling to be even more of a thrill given how much competitors put on the line, and in a public setting to boot. And yet I see relatively few mentions of it on the forum.

Think about it - both women are typically fighting in a public setting, in front of family, friends, boyfriends - and the consequences of losing can be pretty extreme, both physically (broken limbs, loss of consciousness) and emotionally (more people watching = more humiliation).

Contrast that with a typical cat fight - it's usually in a private setting, and they're usually not trained fighters. So the stakes aren't as high and they don't take it as seriously as trained fighters in public competition (think of how many "real" catfight videos you've seen that are clearly not). Maybe there's a legit argument between the two at best, but it doesn't come close to what's at stake when you dedicate your life to it like fighters do.

So why do catfights appeal more to so many of you? No judgment, I'm just curious.

Offline N2-9 CatFights

• God Member
    • Deviantart
Re: Thoughts on women's mma and grappling
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »
This is my take but I think it's because Catfights are inherently more sexy then mma. The girls generally dress more sexily and there's a lot more catty about it. There's also stuff like stripping hairpulling and low blows that more people can find really hot Which doesn't really happen in mma where it's a lot more professional. Also for me at least Catfights have a thing of fantasy about them where mma is mostly very realistic.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to say that you can't find mma sexy, To each there own. just my thoughts  :)
I like to write catfight stories because there's nothing sexier than two women going at it.
Hair pulling, Clothes ripping, Breast groping, Pussy Kicking these are what make a great catfight.
My Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/n29219

Offline wrestlinhose

• God Member
  • I love catfights and wrestling.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:09 PM »
I agree about watching trained professionals working their craft vs. two women who want to fight because they're mad at each other. The latter is just more sexy to me.

I like watching women's man and grappling but it's just not as Hot for me.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:04:59 PM by wrestlinhose »

Online JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 04:25:51 AM »
This is my take but I think it's because Catfights are inherently more sexy then mma. The girls generally dress more sexily and there's a lot more catty about it. There's also stuff like stripping hairpulling and low blows that more people can find really hot Which doesn't really happen in mma where it's a lot more professional. Also for me at least Catfights have a thing of fantasy about them where mma is mostly very realistic.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to say that you can't find mma sexy, To each there own. just my thoughts  :)
Gotta agree.

Offline shotgun6

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 03:28:30 PM »
Catfights are a fantasy; the idea of two beautiful women, with a grudge, being so consumed with jealousy, rage, and emotion that they are willing to act out of character, and fight in a fantasy way that includes stripping each other, puling hair, entwining legs, and grinding away body to body as they roll on the ground is just....hot. Most catfight fantasies are by design unrealistic; they're not fulfilled (to me) by watching two tatted, drunk skanks trying to hurt each other in a parking lot behind some dive bar. Trish from California Wildcats had it right; it takes a certain fantasy scenario, and a buildup, and two beautiful evenly-matched women to make a catfight "hot"
Re MMA, two women who train professionally, then enter a ring to fight like men and pound the snot out of each other for a cash prize just doesn't have the same attraction. They're not "women" in a fantasy sense anymore, they are professional athletes engaged in a sport. It lacks the emotional element, especially when the women are not particularly physically attractive by my perspective (the lack of make up, cornrowed hair, tattoos, the mouthpieces, and voluminous baggy shorts just don't appeal to me) except in some very rare cases (Paige Van Sant is hot).
No question MMA is more "real", and the participants are serious, professional, well trained athletes. But I don't find it  "sexy".

Offline cooper4

• God Member
  • What is life, without the dance
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »

I would have to say, professional fighters are trained by men, and they tend to fight like men...as opposed to two girls who have a grudge maybe over a lover, or gossip which has been brewing for a while...and generally, they are just wanting to settle the matter.....I think the latter is hot.... :-*
Cat fights, wrestling, grappling

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
Where WMMA goes wrong:

<1> Hair up?  Or braided?  No way.  Let them wear their hair down.

<2> Intro's take way way too long.

<3> 3 rounds aren't enough.

<4> Too many of the champs can't strike.

Offline Led2

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 10:09:18 PM »
There are no skills or training required to catfight. Catfights are primal and instinctive and exclusively female. Hairpulling scratching face mauling and clothes ripping are typical features in a catfight. It's what women do when they fight and that's the attraction. Men find it sexy and a turn on. MMA on the other hand is highly skilled highly trained combat and the techniques used are the same for the women as the men. Yes, the fights are entertaining, but there's nothing sexy for me watching 2 women with hair braids, gloves and gum shields punching like men.
Love watching women cat fight

Offline jessiefite

• God Member
  • Love to fight no rules. IRL. Want a piece of me?
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 12:05:44 AM »
Honestly, I didn't know women fought in women's MMA.  They look like braided ghetto dudes fighting in muay thai dens.
MMA is not sensualized.  Its a pro sport.  Privately arranged fights and catfights are sensualized. I think guys prefer to
see women fighting in a sensual manner.

Offline chokedout

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 03:02:45 AM »
Thank you all for your perspectives.

It is amusing to me that I am wired in the opposite manner than the majority (all?) of you here who like the more intimate catfight style. 

Offline Jessicabeatsyou

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 05:20:17 AM »
mma is a rough type of fighting but many girl straddle other girls and ground and pound like mma 

Offline LQQKING4CATFIGHTER

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 09:16:59 AM »
  If the fighters are sexy I can enjoy a simple pins match all the way up to MMA match.
Catfight, f/f Wrestling, Grappling and f/f Boxing fan

Offline G Star & KK

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 02:47:50 PM »
Where WMMA goes wrong:

<1> Hair up?  Or braided?  No way.  Let them wear their hair down.

<2> Intro's take way way too long.

<3> 3 rounds aren't enough.

<4> Too many of the champs can't strike.

1. Wearing their hair up or in braids is just a practical choice for that style of fighting, as far as I'm aware there is no rule forcing them to do so.

2. Intros aren't any longer than mens mma or boxing or most other popular televised combat sports, if you find them too long then use that time to go get a snack or a beer.

3. Championship fights in the UFC are 5 rounds, but in most cases 3 x 5 minute rounds are enough to settle things. 15 minutes is a long time when you are fighting at that pace and intensity.

4. I strongly disagree, at least in regards to the UFC. All of the current women's champions are elite level strikers:

Featherweight Champ. Amanda Nunes
Bantamweight Champ. Amanda Nunes
Flyweight Champ Valentina Shevchenko
Strawweight Champ. Rose Namajunas

That's basically a list of some of the best strikers in mma be it male or female. Granted some of the lesser mma organisations are a mixed bag, but the UFC and One Fighting Championship don't have any shortage of women who can strike with the best of them.

Offline scuz

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 11:45:38 PM »
Thank you all for your perspectives.

It is amusing to me that I am wired in the opposite manner than the majority (all?) of you here who like the more intimate catfight style.

I don't find fake fighting erotic at all, I like to see women in a real physical competition and for there to be a real winner emerging from such a competition.  I don't particularly like street fights that get out of control, but I do enjoy watching a couple of women go for each other in a no rules situation and fight until one submits verbally to the other.  I love watching female MMA, especially when there is some bad blood between the participants.