News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

dr. chin- ahw

• 1 Replies

Offline al2468

• God Member
dr. chin- ahw
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »
does anyone know what happened to this site dealing with apartment house wrestling? it hasn't been updated in a long while. Did Dr. Chin pass?

Offline griffin

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
Re: dr. chin- ahw
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
He posted this in his Yahoo group last November:

drchin0001
Nov 23, 2014

My previous computer was an old Dell Dimension running XP, which I really liked.  It picked a brutal virus that completely locked me out.  I could not find a local computer tech who worked on XP, including the much vaunted Geek Squad (a misnomer if ever there was one).  I had to copy the files off that computer and purchase a new one.

I now have a very nice Dell XPS with a fast processor, tons of RAM and ROM, hi-def monitor...it's a beauty.

But I'm already having problems with it.  I picked up a new virus almost immediately.  Btw, if you find something running in the background -- Yrvvxxvoy.exe, it's not Google Chrome as it claims, but instead the end product of a Trojan.  Get rid of it quickly.

I finally got that out but now have another problem.  Something in Windows 7, possibly due to an update from them is causing problems with thumbnail creation.  It hangs on the first image in a directory, then replicates infinitely until it crashes the computer.  As you can imagine, that's a big problem for me since I need to see what images are in my directory to create my work.

I'm trying to get things back onto my laptop to continue working, but it is tedious to say the least.  I've recovered most of my work, so I'm getting there.

I know you all are frustrated with my lack of progress.  I am too.  Plus I'm jonesing to do some more photography.  I'll get it going again.  As quickly as I can.  But I can't give a reasonable estimate of when that will be.

Thanks to all of you who keep posting here and checking back and your polls and such.  I appreciate you hanging around.  Keep the faith.

DrChin