News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Gina Carano on dating

• 6 Replies

Offline Kateintense

• God Member
Gina Carano on dating
« on: January 14, 2022, 12:03:50 AM »
I was reading an article about  women's MMA pioneer Gina Carano's  movie work and it gave this quote from her about dating "when you meet a guy the question goes through your head whether you can beat him up or not and I think that's an instant attraction you know.  If they can't take you then I don't think they're interested."

Ok, how do you read that, folks?  An interesting sentimate  considering her relationships with a couple male marial artists. If the guys here thought they could not take you I'd thhink they would be crazy interested in  a woman. Hmmm.... wondering first off whether you can take a guy hand to hand is maybe a question about the nature of dating? Or what?

What about it guys? If you're interested in a woman and thhink you couldn't take her hand-to-hand, are you more or less inclined to ask her out?

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
Re: Gina Carano on dating
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:54:46 AM »
Call me old fashioned but there's no way I would have even considered dating a man that I thought I could beat up.
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline Horny-Jew

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 07:53:23 AM »
Male here. Call me old fashioned but if I ask her out, fighting with her is the last thing on my mind.

Offline F4UCORSAIR

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 04:20:22 PM »
 I am a male, pretty much past the dating stage now at 69 yrs old, but in the past ( or even now) it would not matter to me. If I like you and I am attracted to you it doesn't matter.

Offline Kateintense

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:21:15 PM »
I was reading an article about  women's MMA pioneer Gina Carano's  movie work and it gave this quote from her about dating "when you meet a guy the question goes through your head whether you can beat him up or not and I think that's an instant attraction you know.  If they can't take you then I don't think they're interested."

Ok, how do you read that, folks?  An interesting sentimate  considering her relationships with a couple male marial artists. If the guys here thought they could not take you I'd thhink they would be crazy interested in  a woman. Hmmm.... wondering first off whether you can take a guy hand to hand is maybe a question about the nature of dating? Or what?

What about it guys? If you're interested in a woman and thhink you couldn't take her hand-to-hand, are you more or less inclined to ask her out?

Seems to me the great thing is  that she thinks about physical competition with a guy as a turn on, and the implication that she'd only go for a guy who thinks he could take her. But, could he?   now that sounds like a  INTENSE relationship to remember...and I like INTENSE.  smile

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 12:48:31 AM »
Every once in awhile there's a post here that resurrects ancient memories, and this is one.  When my wife and I were first dating (as teenagers) the subject of arm wrestling came up.  That's another story that I've shared here in times past.  She kind of bragged that she had beaten her brother, much to his shock, and had actually beaten the guy that she had sorta dated before me.  He was cool and liked to hold himself as a  bad ass, but obviously that was an illusion.

I asked if she thought that she could beat me.  She smiled and said, "probably."  So we moved our cokes to the side of the table and clasped hands.  I was quite sure that I was going to win.  I was well ahead of the curve when it came to weight lifting.  My 225 pound bench press, meager by today's standards, established me as one of the stronger guys in the school.  I recall her gripping my hand tightly and trying to budge me.  Then she started to turn red, and even began to lean.  Still didn't budge.  I looked into her eyes lovingly and said, "Let me know when you want to start."  Her eyes widened as I gently pushed the back of her hand onto the table.  She looked astonished but obviously was impressed.

I heard all about it from her best friend (my mole) in Homeroom on the following Monday, so I had clearly passed the test.  Would we be married today if she had beaten me?  Maybe, maybe not.  Fortunately, kicking my ass at miniature golf wasn't of the same importance. 

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 02:19:49 AM »
If they can't take you then I don't think they're interested."

What a weird quote. Maybe she meant "I don't think I'm interested" or "I don't think they're interesting," which would mean "I'm only interested in manly-man types," which 1) is fine and 2) would fit the other quotes I've seen from her. But as is, it reads like "a man is only truly interested in a woman if he thinks about punching her," which, that's certainly a take.