News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Mum vs. Dad’s girlfriend - is it a family fight?

• 5 Replies

Offline EllenShaw

• God Member
  • I'm not done yet...
Mum vs. Dad’s girlfriend - is it a family fight?
« on: October 09, 2022, 03:00:51 AM »
Late night musings because I can’t sleep.

Is a fight between a woman and her ex partner’s new girlfriend a cat fight or a family fight?

If the story is told by one of the women’s children who witnessed it does that make a difference?

Discuss.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 03:13:13 AM by EllenShaw »

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
Re: Mum vs. Dad’s girlfriend - is it a family fight?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
Late night musings because I can’t sleep.

Is a fight between a woman and her ex partner’s new girlfriend a cat fight or a family fight?

If the story is told by one of the women’s children who witnessed it does that make a difference?

Discuss.
If you want my opinion (and I'm sure no one does), it's a catfight. The Family Fights board is for fights between blood relatives. It's a whole different vibe, sometimes bordering on incestuous. In the case of mothers vs daughters, there's no sexual rivalry between the participants (which is half the point of a catfight), and that's usually the case with sisters too; people seldom ditch one sister in favour of another because when they do, the whole family's fucked. Fights between half-sisters (sharing the same father) are different; they're almost proxy wars between their mothers, so a strong case can be made for putting them on the Catfights board. A fight between cousins would always be considered a catfight.

If the mere fact that the two fighters are mothers disqualified the story from the Catfights board, there'd be very few stories on it. After all, the rules say both fighters have to be at least 18 years old, and even though the average age for a woman to have her first child has risen in recent years to 28, that still leaves a fairly narrow window for catfights that aren't also momfights. In the example you cite, the source of the conflict is a past or present lover, so it's definitely a catfight IMO and the fact that the children of either or both women are witnessing the fight doesn't change that. It just makes the stakes higher.

As I understand it, the Catfights board is for fights (not counting sexfights or fights that are ultra violent)  that are motivated by personal antagonism (sexual rivalry, neighbourhood disputes, problems at work …) as opposed to unsullied sporting rivalry.  Admittedly I posted my own most recent attempt at a momfight story on the Wrestling board, but that's only because it was a spinoff from Kiva's, which was already there.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 04:54:06 PM by Tiberius J.C. »

Offline EllenShaw

• God Member
  • I'm not done yet...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with you. Family fights should involve blood relatives.

I think there are a few different definitions of a catfight. One, as you say, involves antagonism and is usually a pretty spontaneous affair (although sometimes it may have been brewing for a while). Another is simply the style of fighting. If you read the  stories by Wolfboy on his site he describes them as catfights but they're all pre-arranged and there are champions etc. His definition of catfight is based on the style (a sort of 'almost no holds barred') approach that mixes boxing and wrestling but is neither MMA nor NHB.

I've written a few stories like that. The Present, my first story is a sort of catfight and there are a few others (My Ring, Your Rules for example and Wardrobe Malfunction) while 'Call yourself a catfighter', although set in a ring using Jan's catfight rules, is probably more of a sex fight. The wrestling rules at the NBFC, being laxer than those at CLAWS, are probably closer to that style of catfight as well.

Anyhoo, as you probably guessed, the reason for my question was trying to decide where to post my next story - so watch for it in the catfight section ;)

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »
Sounds great! I look forward to it.

Offline hghunt999

• God Member
  • Fan of almost all things here on FCF
    • Not my page, but my stories are here under HG Hunt
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 04:54:58 PM »
Might be a "standard definition" of family fights won't be achieved universally, here or anywhere else real soon.  My take on the topic is that family fights can certainly be BETWEEN members of the same family, but MY personal definition would also include fights that can occur BETWEEN multiple members of two different families. For instance matches that would include a mother, husband, daughter from the "Jones" family vs the "Smith" family.  A couple vs couple battle qualifies in my mind too.
HG Hunt

Offline footfight

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 08:58:19 PM »
Not a true family fight if it's not between two family members.Your mum vs. Dad's new woman,where you have a vested interest in watching mom go to toe?Could be heart pounding,and a little filthy.