News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Commission Details

• 3 Replies

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
Commission Details
« on: October 10, 2023, 12:22:50 AM »
Good evening everyone!

I've had a few people reaching out to me lately asking about information on my commissioned stories, and I figured I'd go ahead and put the information in one central place.  Maybe it will help, and I can offer a bit more detail here than I can just in a quick PM.

Of course, still happy to answer questions if you have them!

First and foremost, the detail everyone wants to know is price for obvious reasons!  My commissions cost $8 per 1000 words as of now. Of course the more words, the more detail I can fit in, but I also know some people don't need all the detail to get what they want.  (Side note, if you commission a project that I can't publish on FcF, whether because of your preference or any other reason, I will start charging $10 per 1k words as of Nov 1st.  Sorry, but publishing stories is my way of advertising my work.  THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO MY RETAINER CLIENT OR ANY PROJECTS ALREADY PAID FOR.  YOU ARE EXEMPT)

Second, I should note that I keep three slots open.  One is kept on retainer by a client that pays monthly to have a story specifically for them, so two are available for general purchase.  I do occasionally open a fourth slot if I don't have a personal project I'm working on.  (If you want to know how the retained slot works, they pay $100 a month)

Third, turnover time can vary.  I'm one person with a career and a family who is constantly juggling three to four stories.  This is almost a second job for me.  Sometimes I can crank one out in a week or two, and sometimes it takes longer.  I work on whichever project catches my interest and inspiration at any given time.  I do this because if you ask me for a story, I want it to be of substantial QUALITY.  If I work on a project that I'm not feeling at the time, not only do I risk burnout, but I risk delivering a shit project in the end. Rest assured if you commission me, it WILL get done.  If you're worried, please reach out!  I'll communicate as soon as I can, and I will never be anything but apologetic and give you some kind of estimate.  TLDR: I could crank out a story in no time if I wanted, but it would be SHIT.  I'd much rather take a bit longer and have you become a repeat client.

Next, unfortunately I do now require payment before I start the project.  I originally tried 30% deposit and the rest on completion but got burned.  If you pay and hate your finished product, we will first try to negotiate an edit or rewrite, but if we can't agree, then I will refund a percentage of the payment.

Lastly, I offer all my clients the option to receive the Document link for your project right at the start if you want to see the work as it comes along, or to wait until it's finished to read it.  My clients are divided about 50/50 on this so there are pros and cons to both.

I hope this isn't too much information, and I hope it doesn't seem too complicated.  I am FAR from a professional writer, but I am grateful and fortunate that someone came to me once and told me to start taking commissions.

That said, as of right now, I don't have any open slots, but my waiting list is empty.  If you are interested in a commission, send me a PM and we can discuss your idea for when I manage to open a slot!

Thanks for listening!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 07:41:48 AM by southwrestler09 »

Offline MikeHales67

Re: Commission Details
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 08:41:45 PM »
Very interesting.
I've actually been asked about this, but never done it because
1.  What if the idea's shit or makes me go yuck.
2. How much do people charge? I have no idea.

I will now go through my stories and go and work out how much I could have charged. Thank you
Consciously Imcompetant.

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 10:12:38 PM »
Very interesting.
I've actually been asked about this, but never done it because
1.  What if the idea's shit or makes me go yuck.
2. How much do people charge? I have no idea.

I will now go through my stories and go and work out how much I could have charged. Thank you

I would be happy to help with that if you want!  As for the "what if i dont like the idea" question, its simple.  If you dont want to do it just say "im sorry, but i just dont feel like that request would really fit my particilar style of writing, but thank you for your consideration!"  Or you can always work with the client to compromise on some details

Offline MikeHales67

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 11:55:08 PM »
You are totally right.I was thinking of Day Job work where it's not unusual for a customer to ask for 6 perpendicular green lines that need to be transparent, normally by tommorrow.Plus you'd have your previous work giving an idea of what you do, you are unlikely to get asked to write a Teddy bear's picnic.
Consciously Imcompetant.