News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Tournament modes

• 3 Replies

Offline fightfeelings

• God Member
Tournament modes
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:13:37 AM »
Hey...

Anybody knows a source where to find thrilling and exciting Tournament modes for 12, 15, 18 or 24 fighters? The standarf of 8,16 or 32 is boring in my mind.

I imagine an exciting groupstage which is not declared a winner after the first round and an additional ko-round.

Discord: iwilltellyou#2476

Offline Nacho81

Re: Tournament modes
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 08:10:39 AM »
Hey...

Anybody knows a source where to find thrilling and exciting Tournament modes for 12, 15, 18 or 24 fighters? The standarf of 8,16 or 32 is boring in my mind.

I imagine an exciting groupstage which is not declared a winner after the first round and an additional ko-round.

Yes, well, the standard of 8,16 or 32 might become boring, but it is most efficient and fair.

You can check for "Double Elimination Tournaments" or "Triple Elimination Tournaments". So, a player is eliminated by losing 2 (or 3) times. It can be quite interesting in the losers bracket, so I do like this mode.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 11:43:49 AM »
The AFL (Australian Football League ) has a variation of the 8, but require some ranking.

1-4 is a group, 5-8 is another. 5 vs 8 6 vs 7, winner moves on loser goes home

1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, winners get a bye losers' play the winners of the 5-8 group. Single elimination from then on, and the brackets are set up so that teams in the 1-4 group CAN play each other again in the last game. And that has happened at least twice that I know of.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 11:55:38 PM »
Hey...

I like double-elimination.  That way a single nemesis isn't your downfall.