News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Bigger fool me

• 9 Replies

Offline Pindownwrestler19

Bigger fool me
« on: December 20, 2023, 10:51:01 PM »
I know this is something that could easily have been avoided, and I’m the bigger idiot for doing it, but I ordered a commission from what seemed to be a good writer on this site. After taking payment (luckily not a massive amount), the user has disappeared and with no story to be found.

Now I’m questioning whether I should name and shame the person in question.

Offline F4UCORSAIR

• God Member
Re: Bigger fool me
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 04:49:50 PM »
  Possibly talk to an administrator before "outing" the person. It would be nice to know who they are, although scammers usually just emerge as someone else and scam again.

Offline southwrestler09

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 10:43:14 PM »
I will go ahead and publicly say this was me everyone.  It is no excuse but i recently lost access to basically everything for a time in the middle of some personal issues.

I have managed to fix the problems at this time, but basically i took a couple of commissions that i ended up losing and completely forgot about in the midst of everything i had going on.  It is no acceptable excuse.  I was not logging in here or on most any of my chat platforms while i tried to work on things, and some people got forgotten.

I have reached out to the affected clients and offered a refund as well as offered to complete the projects free of charge.

With that said, i wanted to publicly apologize to those affected by the chaos that was my life for a while there.  As such, once the projects on my plate currently are finished, i will be taking a break from doing paid work (with the exception of one ongoing project) temporarily until things slow down for me.

Again, my sincerest apologies.  This was definitely not intentional, but that does not make it acceptable, and while i do not expect anyone to believe it, i can assure you this will not happen again.  I cannot describe how mortified i was when i returned and saw that i had allowed this to happen
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 11:11:25 PM by southwrestler09 »

Offline F4UCORSAIR

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 07:22:36 PM »
 A man ( or woman ) that can own-up to their mistakes and make good is my kind of people. We all make mistakes and blunders, takes a real person  to own up, fix, and then move on from them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:26:38 PM by F4UCORSAIR »

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:30:46 PM »
A man ( or woman ) that can own-up to their mistakes and make good is my kind of people. We all make mistakes and blunders, takes a real person  to own up, fix, and then move on from them.

You’re completely right, but I’ve not had any communication since about the refund and story, despite politely asking. I appreciate that things may take time to get in order, but some communication would be great, considering trust was already broken. Out of interest has anyone else been affected by this?

Offline bevs711

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 04:40:46 PM »
Yes, I'm in the same boat.  Commissioned a story back in September, some communication with author about ideas and story was started in October, got a preview of first half of story and then unfortunately everything went quiet.  Saw this thread and had to reach out myself as I was not contacted about refund/completing story like was said.  Was then told that my story would be completed first since it had already been started and have heard nothing since.  Understand that everyone has things unexpectedly come up in life and things can happen but any communication about it would have helped.  Was my first ever commission and was thrilled as it was with probably my favorite author on the site but can't see myself ever doing a commission again after this ordeal.

Offline Austin315

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 07:09:03 PM »
Unfortunately I too have been affected by this. Paid for in full for a conission in October that I never received. I was offered a refund right around Christmas but never received one. What a shame. Live and learn I guess.

Offline F4UCORSAIR

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 03:01:59 PM »
 This is sad to see so many people being scammed and taken advantage of .These are the people that are speaking up, many more just suffer in silence so I'm sure the list goes on. It's not a hard concept, you get paid, you deliver or you return payment. That's in a perfect world I guess where people say "thank you, you're welcome, and hold the door for the person behind them, silly me.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 07:00:22 PM »
I’m sorry you all had the same happen. It’s a real shame, as the author clearly has a lot of talent, with his writing. I initially had a level of sympathy for him but now just a level of resentment. I hope he eventually comes through to everyone, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Offline VeryTired

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2024, 12:44:21 AM »
This has happened to me. I ordered a commission (albeit during Covid) and the author disappeared. It's unclear if they were ill or what the situation was. However, I still lost the money.