News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

catfights in literature

• 99 Replies

Offline jondo53

• God Member
  • She lost the fight and her panties!
    • Dark Giants Action Babes
Re: catfights in literature
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2021, 11:06:33 PM »
Dario what are the book titles?

She wrote several novels about Ceasar so hopefully Dano will let us know which have the catfights.

https://www.amazon.com/Masters-of-Rome-7-book-series/dp/B0857F76P7

Offline Dario

• God Member
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »
I think the first fight is in book number 4 and the other in book number 5, but it could be that they are both in book 5.

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2021, 10:43:28 PM »
I downloaded 4 and 5 on Kindle and couldn't find anything using search terms (slap, breast, hairpull, etc), so if anyone knows what % of the book or some way to find them, please advise!

Thanks

Offline Dario

• God Member
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2021, 04:31:30 PM »
I read the books years ago and in my language, Spanish, with diferent tittles, so I don't remember exactly which book they were in, but surely the two fights happen in that saga.
One of them is in Cesar's life, while he is in Gaul and the two lovers of a barbarian chief fight. The other is after Cesar's death and his lover, Servilia (Bruto's mother) and her daughter-in-law, Porcia, fight.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2021, 12:00:45 PM »
This is really good IMHO: "Evolution's a Bitch: Catfighting in Cool Britannia" by Tirny Francis.
https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=7381 - (just out on Kindle)
I've only read the first half (I'm TRYING to work) but I can tell you, it's pretty difficult to put down!
You don't need to take my word for it anyway, as the author's kindly uploaded an early draft of the first chapter (it's even better in the finished work) here:
https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=7381

Offline luffy316

• God Member
  • a couple with an interest in all manner of fights
    • I have a Patreon now!
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
forgot to mention my novel's got a bunch of tribal women fighting in various situations. Girl gets stranded in a carriage crash and gets adopted into a family of amazons

https://www.amazon.com/Winterfang-Valla-Gregory-Predmore/dp/B08R6PFPZQ
Always posting free stories and commissions over at http://www.hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/luffy316

I have a Patreon for additional writing now!
https://patreon.com/sandcastles

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »
"They'll Never Catch Us", by Jessica Goodman (2021)

Page 145:  The world hadn't yet told us that girls don't fight with fists, but with words.  Laughable now, though, after everything that's happened.  The idea that girls don't fight.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
"In My Dreams I Hold A Knife" by Ashley Winstead (2021), pg 37-38

Courtney tilted her head.  "I heard you're single again.  What a shame.  Paris is the perfect place to get engaged.  Sorry it didn't work out for you."

"Oh," I said, with faux surprise.  "You like Paris?  I assumed your taste was a little more down to earth.  Like, you know, American fast-food chains.  You and Mint did first hook up in a Wendy's bathroom, right?"

A Chi O next to us gasped.  Courtney reddened. 

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »
I read several of the early Gor books.  Seemed to me just about all of them had some catfight reference, some better some worse.  They varied from unskilled Kajira (female slave) catfights to skilled battle of the Panther Women (amazon warriors).  The other series that seemed to have some catfights was the Longarm series by Taber Evans.  I remember stumbling across this book in the library in the donated books section in High School.  At our library, you could just take these donated books and you gotta believe I took this one.  No idea if this was the only one with a catfight or if they all did.

I've never read Taber Evans' Longarm series.  Is the fight in the story as sexy as the picture on the cover?

If I remember right, even more so.  The women are of course fighting over him.  And he just watches the whole thing smiling.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline tanglung

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »
The other series that seemed to have some catfights was the Longarm series by Taber Evans.  I remember stumbling across this book in the library in the donated books section in High School.  At our library, you could just take these donated books and you gotta believe I took this one.  No idea if this was the only one with a catfight or if they all did.

I've never read Taber Evans' Longarm series.  Is the fight in the story as sexy as the picture on the cover?

If I remember right, even more so.  The women are of course fighting over him.  And he just watches the whole thing smiling.

The series is hundreds of books. It's 23 pages worth of Amazon results. Any tip? Ideally the title? Am I looking for a catfight right on the cover?

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2022, 10:33:21 PM »
I didn't enjoy this book, simply because the author kept trying to sell that it was a true story but it was written like a kid trying to convince you of a lie
You could say the same thing about any work of fiction. The writer always tries to convince you that the events (s)he's describing really happened, even though you know they didn't, and (s)he knows you know they didn't, and you know (s)he knows you know they didn't.
Only apparently you don't. That's a little weird because the entire genre is based on the suspension of disbelief: you know the events described never happened but you try to believe, at least while the book is in your hands, that they really did.
Of course, for legal reasons, books sometimes carry a disclaimer that says: "This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual persons is purely coincidental …" but that's usually an indication that the characters in fact are thinly disguised portraits of real people. In other words, if they take the trouble to tell you it's a work of fiction, that's a sure-fire indication that it isn't.
I should point out that I don't know the writer but I enjoyed the book.
As to its credibility, I don't recall the main body of the book being any more or less credible than the lengthy free sample to which I provided a link. Or are you saying you read the free sample and would have been prepared at that time to swear on your granny's life that the events related therein really happened, and that it was only when you came to read the rest of the book that the doubts began to creep in?

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2022, 01:02:45 AM »
I didn't enjoy this book, simply because the author kept trying to sell that it was a true story but it was written like a kid trying to convince you of a lie
You could say the same thing about any work of fiction. The writer always tries to convince you that the events (s)he's describing really happened, even though you know they didn't, and (s)he knows you know they didn't, and you know (s)he knows you know they didn't.
Only apparently you don't. That's a little weird because the entire genre is based on the suspension of disbelief: you know the events described never happened but you try to believe, at least while the book is in your hands, that they really did.
Of course, for legal reasons, books sometimes carry a disclaimer that says: "This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual persons is purely coincidental …" but that's usually an indication that the characters in fact are thinly disguised portraits of real people. In other words, if they take the trouble to tell you it's a work of fiction, that's a sure-fire indication that it isn't.

100% disagree.

Whose version of the Battle or Borodino is more "true"?  Tolstoy's in 'War and Peace'?  Or the one written by non-fiction historians?

Whose version of antebellum America is more "true"?  Mark Twain's 'Huck Finn'?  Or the one written by non-fiction historians?

Whose version of Julius Caesar is more "true"?  Shakespeare's?  [Friends, Romans, countrymen; Lend me your ears. /  Et tu, Brute?]  Or the man's own autobiography?  [Veni.  Vidi.  Vici.]

Give me the 'fictional' version of all three, please.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2022, 07:23:34 AM »
I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

Offline martianboy2

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2022, 09:40:30 AM »
This is probably of no use to anybody, but I will mention it.

Some teenage girl magazines of the 1970s, would sometimes have stories in them that would involve a catfight.

My cousin, she’s a couple of years older than me, would buy several magazines each month. The names of which I cannot now recall, but some were real obscure publications that had a very short shelf run.

One story in particular caught my attention, the magazine having been cast aside on the sofa, open on a certain page.

It involved two mothers (one of my favourites where catfights are concerned), and was in illustrated form, much like a comic. Some of the cartoon pictures were superb.

This got my interest in her magazines.

Whenever I got the chance, I would have a browse through them, just occasionally, I would come across another catfight.

Some old magazines are well worth looking through if you come across any.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2022, 02:13:41 PM »
Looking at it again, I see it's the Epilogue you're objecting to, which begins: "All the events described here occurred in 1997" but that's all part of the novel - he's still in the persona of the narrator. It isn't a statement by the author himself that the whole book is God's Truth. We know this because when you turn the page, you come to the "Afterword". It is at that moment that he abandons the persona of the narrator. Now it is clearly the author speaking, and he makes it abundantly clear that the book is a novel not autobiography but that he has tried to make it more realistic than the 'fantasy fiction" genre into which most FCF stories fall.
Here's what he says:
Afterword
I very much hope that you have enjoyed reading this book.  My initial reason for writing it was because I found it difficult to identify authentic catfighting novels on Amazon.  I am aware that there is a great wealth of free ‘catfight fiction’ available on the web, especially on forums such as freecatfights.com, but most of them are written in the fantasy genre.  There are certainly some very good short stories about authentic apartment-style catfighting available too, but few are as lengthy as the account you have read in these pages.     I would like to think that this novel has provided you with a different reading experience, whether or not you are familiar with catfight fiction.