News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

NEW RELEASE -TEGAN (aka Ulga) VS MARLA

• 58 Replies

Offline East Coast Cats

• God Member
    • east coast cats.com
Re: NEW RELEASE -TEGAN (aka Ulga) VS MARLA
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
Irish vs Blair likely a couple weeks after Scarlett vs Nikita, so maybe mid March. Blair was easily one of Irish's roughest opponents.

Offline East Coast Cats

• God Member
    • east coast cats.com
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:29 AM »
In boxing prelim matches go from 3-6 rounds, championship fights have been 12-15 rounds. Championship MMA matches are 5 not 3 rounds as other MMA matches are. I've filmed close to 100 matches and many fights were won by the one who lost the opening fall. Stamina, strategy, and just the will to win are generally more evident in longer fights.

Offline pollman

• God Member
  • Catfight enthusiast
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 04:43:51 AM »
Scarlett vs Marla would be a unique match. Scarlett's 6 minute fight at ECC is a good one. No holding back at all, not Scarlett's style to pace herself. She has gone hard from the start in all of her  ECC catfights.

Yes! Scarlett vs. Marla would definitely be an interesting and unique one woman match, I agree. I'm imagining it to go something along these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBynXo3UQN0

Offline East Coast Cats

• God Member
    • east coast cats.com
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:27 AM »
You got that right, lol.

Offline CATZREVIEW

• Approved Producers
  • God Member
  • Unscripted, brutal topless/nude catfights!
    • Catz Review
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »
a genuinely good catfight sells like hotcakes, it's length becomes an irrelevance.

Very true. Exactly the point I was making earlier in this thread.
I also think that SOMETIMES a short, first submission wins it format delivers the goods better than a longer fight, for the reasons outlined by Steve in one of his comments. It all depends on the girls involved and how they react to the situation.
Personally, I think a mixture of short, sudden death fights and longer, best out of three submission matches involving the same girls would be good.

I would have to agree as many of my fights do not last much longer than 6 minutes.  Particularly with an emphatic submission!  I tend to find my longer fights are not as popular.  Maybe people do get bored after 20 minutes of fighting.  I tend to find that as long as it's real...
Two ferocious ladies, one fight, one winner, you!!
          https://catfightinguk.blogspot.com/

Offline East Coast Cats

• God Member
    • east coast cats.com
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
So much depends on which ladies are fighting. Some matches can be intense for a very long time as neither lady wants to submit,  or if she does, can't wait to get revenge in the next fall.  Jana from DWW seems to get even more vicious the longer it goes. Irish from my site goes hard no matter how long it lasts even if she's clearly getting the short end. 

Offline thirstybeermonster

• God Member
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
Irish is the bomb. That girl is ready to fight whomever wherever!

Offline pollman

• God Member
  • Catfight enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
Just to elaborate though. Though I stand by my original point that a genuinely good catfight sells like hotcakes, its length becomes an irrelevance. I don't agree that planned one submission catfights are appealing or a good idea. In fact, one submission catfights are particularly dumb on the producers part.

You have two sexy catfighters, you can have them fight for best of 3 submissions, or preferably 20 minutes and the most submissions at the end of the 20 minutes wins. But to deliberately choose to end such an amazing spectacle of two beautiful women catfighting each other after the first submission is probably the dumbest concept any producer could come up with. Additionally, the small minority of fans who argue for this, (a minority that definitely needs to be ignored if a producer wishes to be successful) seem to provide very weak arguments to legitimise the one submission catfight format. These arguments tend to fit into two particularly poor argumentative formats:

1) cheap priced catfights
2) short catfights are more like real catfights

Both the above can be easily demonstrated to be weak and unconvincing points of view that can be easily undermined.

1) re: Cheap priced catfights. These appeal to the economically minded catfight fan who will prefer to purchase several cheap catfights as opposed to one good higher priced catfight. No problem, these customers do exist. But this does not mean a producer has to produce catfights purely for these cheapo orientated fans. Just do what some clever producers do. Film a 20 minute catfight, release it, then release individual short clips at a lower price on Clips4sale for the tight fisted crew. That way, the catfight fan and the Scrooge catfight fan are both satisfied. However, DO NOT film one submission catfights when you are presented with the situation of having two attractive women willing to fight for money for you. It may be a one off, these girls may have one fight, and then decide catfighting is not for them. To waste that amazing situation in life by orientating it to artificially end after one single submission is the highest expression of stupidity and clear lack of intelligence on the part of a producer. If the women never fight again, you have severely let down all catfight fans by not filming this event for longer, it's never going to happen again, so why choose to artificially restrict it to less than 5 minutes? You may please a few tight fisted scrooge catfight fans. But you've done the rest of the catfight community, and yourself a massive disservice and monumental FAIL, e.g. you stopped the girls fighting... you dumbass!

2) re: short fights are more realistic because they are like real catfights. Easily refuted, an arranged commercial catfight is not a real catfight. A producer has a large degree of control over the length of a commercial catfight if the women are willing to continue. In a real catfight, that is not the case, the audience has no control other than gauding the fighters to keep fighting. That's the brilliant advantage of a commercially produced catfight, i.e  you can instruct the catfighters to fight for a set period of time or number of submissions, i.e. prolong this most exquisite event of seeing two attractive females catfight each other. What utter idiot would choose to do away with the great advantage of prolonging a catfight that commercially produced catfights gives us by artificially and prematurely stopping a fight after one submission. There is zero advantage to this, it's a phenomenally half-witted thing to do. Why stop something prematurely that is so absolutely amazing to watch and experience?

The problem with catfight fans is that for some reason they have a tendency to assume producers have some special knowledge about making catfights. They don't, they have about as much knowledge as the rest of us; and although at times they get the ingredients and recipe correct and produce some classic catfights that we all love, they also frequently mess things up and are clearly not thinking ahead of themselves, examples being:

Unfair imbalanced matchups for new catfighters: Catzreview, (then to a lesser extent, but are now learning from previous mistakes) BF UK, ECC
Prematurely aborted fights: CCC
Minutely Small mat fighting area: ECC
Camera view obscuring ring ropes: Catzreview
Strangely neurotic interference in fights when going off mat: ECC
Producer annoyingly calling a submission on behalf of the catfighter: ECC
Unattractive hair buns that make the women look masculinized and dykey: Catzreview
Over emphasis on body slapping with no training given to teach other fight moves/holds: BF UK
Intermittent sub VHS grainy product video download quality: ECC & BF UK (i.e. the quality of the picture on some of these companies video downloads is far inferior to that of a VHS video produced in the 1980's)
Over priced product: ECC

And the reason for some of these blunders at times are just plain inexperience in what they are doing. They are still learning. Being a catfight fan for many years does not by default make you a good producer.

Production wise, Foxy Combat and DWW (when Gunther produced the catfights) were/are the market standard. This is because they have learnt what makes a good fight and how to film that fight.

That said, and so as not to besmirch the smaller producers too much, some of them have contributed advances to the catfighting industry too:

ECC: A return to face slapping, choke submissions, recruiting amazingly sexy women, interesting pre-fight preamble, genuine competitive girly catfighting, trash talk orientated catfights, genuine needle.

Catzreview: Genuine competitive hard fought aggression, catfights featuring women who have a genuine need to win, needle, hairpulling in British female fighting.

CCC: High standard video quality, excellent pre-fight interviews, good production values, economically priced.

BF UK: Hairpulling in British female fighting, catfighters interacting with fans on their forum, catfighters honestly talking to fans on forum about their catfights.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:13:49 PM by pollman »

Offline East Coast Cats

• God Member
    • east coast cats.com
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 04:56:08 PM »
Appreciate Pollman's comments, producers need as much feedback as we can get. A few points...my mats are 12'x12', many companies use 10'x10' and even 9'x9' mats including some mentioned. My videographer is better than his camera, a new camera is coming. Fights of different lengths will allow for flexibility in pricing and there likely will be a lower price for the longer matches at ECC.

Offline KatFiteFan

• God Member
    • Capital City Catfights
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2012, 06:27:11 PM »
In full agreement.  All true producers are looking to improve their product constantly.  The consumer is the final judge.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi

Offline angrmgmt

• God Member
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »
Just to elaborate though. Though I stand by my original point that a genuinely good catfight sells like hotcakes, its length becomes an irrelevance. I don't agree that planned one submission catfights are appealing or a good idea. In fact, one submission catfights are particularly dumb on the producers part...

In many commercially-produced catfights, the best action often occurs after the first submission. At that stage, the competitors have overcome any nervousness/anxiety, and each has a taste of their opponent’s strengths/weaknesses.

A producer who prematurely ends a fight after the first submission in an effort to keep the length short has likely done a disservice to both the fighters and their own product.

Offline DoYouKnowWhoIAm?

• God Member
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:48 AM »
Irish is the bomb. That girl is ready to fight whomever wherever!

Yeah, Irish is a real gutsy scrapper. I'm always amazed that a girl as pretty and delicate looking as her is so willing to go toe to toe with bigger and stronger opponents. Another ECC girl I like very much is Lexie. Like Irish, she looks fantastic and fights like a wildcat. I think that if you matched those two together it would generate some real 'hot girl competition' and be an amazing fight to watch. especially if it was filmed with that new camera. Any chance that might happen?

Offline DoYouKnowWhoIAm?

• God Member
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 06:06:55 AM »
In full agreement.  All true producers are looking to improve their product constantly.  The consumer is the final judge.

It seems the real proof will be if CCC produces a 20-minute fight and they compare the cost vs profit against a five-minute fight.

A couple questions for everyone...

How important is HD? To me, it is very, very important. In this day and age, low res just sucks.

Is all of Foxy Combat real? I know some is, but is all of it? I will say, their video work (close ups of the girls) is unmatched. It is so good. The buildup almost beats the fight.

Do you like seeing the same fighters over and over? If you do, at what point have you seen the same woman enough?

How important is topless? Is it worth the extra cash a producer has to pay for it?

Just curious.

I've only ever bought one fight from FC, but have you noticed how much of their material is being posted on youtube and dailymotion lately? And I don't mean short clips, but entire matches.
Personally, I've never seen anything by FC that looked remotely like a real fight. It all looks like role playing to me. Not scripted perhaps, but definitely not what I would call an actual competitive catfight or wrestling match.
And unlike you Steve, I don't like way they film their material. Yeah, the stare downs at the beginning are ok, but once the match begins, the camera person is constantly moving, zooming in and out of close-ups and tilting the camera first one way then the other, sometimes turning the picture almost completely upside down. With the girls flipping and rolling all over the place, there is just no need for all that fussy activity on the part of the camera person and I find it distracting and irritating.
Sorry if I upset any of this companies many fans, but that is my honest opinion of their work.
Regarding HD - yeah, all else being equal, it does enhance the viewers pleasure considerably. But to me it's no substitute for good content
If I like the way a particular girl looks, and the way she reacts to what happens during a fight, then I won't get tired of seeing her in action, quite the contrary. One of the reasons I enjoy unscripted fights so much is that they reveal things about the fighters character and personality. The more I see a girl in action, facing different tests against different opponents, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, the more of her character she reveals. If I feel I know something about a fighters emotional make up - her strengths and weaknesses etc, then that makes the experience of watching her in subsequent fights much more intense and personal.
Regarding topless - much the same HD really! All else being equal, it enhances my viewing pleasure a lot, but what happens during the fight is much more important.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:24:59 AM by kafkod »

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »
How important is HD?

Very.  It shouldn't just be labeled HD (you know who you are) but should really be at the FC level of quality.  You can tell even before you see the girls. Just watch the opening screen with the lips (is Hana a Stones fan?) snap so tightly into focus, accompanied by an appropriately tasteful little jingle: this is professional work by someone who cares about craftsmanship.