News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

what are your favorite stories it can be novels,short stories,fiction,nonfiction

• 41 Replies

Offline emilygemily

I love Stephen King's short stories
"1408" and "Last Rung on the Ladder" are my favs

Wrestlerjunkee

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson
Jack Ryan Series by Tom Clancy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:46:44 PM by Wrestlerjunkee »

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
Most Trollope especailly the Last Chronicle of Barset (and the whole of the Barcester series), my fav Dickens is Bleak House and then David Copperfield; and I like Vanity Fair (Some peeps here rather remind of me of Becky Sharpe).
More modern favourites - J B Priestley, John Buchan, Arnold Bennett and H G Wells.

I also love reading history
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
A Song of Ice and Fire by Georges Martin..both the books and the TV show.
I also loved the four books by Marion Zimmer Bradley : The Mists of Avalon and Labyrinth by Kate Moss
Lady Gaelle

Offline Ellis Kent

• God Member
  • Published Female Fight and Sexfight Author
    • Untamed Rivalry ebook
I am biased but I recommend to this site, and to LexiBabe in particular, Untamed Rivalry: Scenes from a Female Fight Club by Alexis Diletti and me...available on Amazon as an ebook. see m profile.
Published female fight and sexfight author. Untamed Rivalry: Scenes from a Female Fight Club. (With sexfighter and fighter Alexis - see my profile.) Book in Kindle Store.

Offline The BIG E

For me, any of the John Grisham novels, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor and The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
EVallant strikes home with John Grisham...he's sooo awesome.....I am re-reading some of his stuff now...I love it!

I am currently reading a biography that won't be everyone's cup of tea....but its so insightful to me...

Its by one of my favorite authors.....Jon Meachem....its called......"Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power"

Its a riveting (at least to me) biography of one of my great heroes in Life...Thomas Jefferson....
Its easy to see when you read this how he could have been the chief architect behind the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution

Thomas Jefferson was such a feeling..... really human man....Jefferson hated confrontation, and yet his understanding of power and of human nature enabled him to move men and to marshal ideas, to learn from his mistakes, and to prevail. Passionate about many things—women, his family, books, science, architecture, gardens, friends, Monticello, and Paris—Jefferson loved America most, and he strove over and over again, despite fierce opposition, to realize his vision: the creation, survival, and success of popular government in America. Jon Meacham lets us see Jefferson’s world as Jefferson himself saw it, and to appreciate how Jefferson found the means to endure and win in the face of rife partisan division, economic uncertainty, and external threat.

The father of the ideal of individual liberty, of the Louisiana Purchase, of the Lewis and Clark expedition, and of the settling of the West, Jefferson recognized that the genius of humanity—and the genius of the new nation—lay in the possibility of progress, of discovering the undiscovered and seeking the unknown.

If you love history as I do...and have always wondered how our founding fathers thought.....and wanted to understand them simply as men...and as human....this book is a great start and Meachem is such a wonderful story teller and historian.

Meachem also wrote..."American Lion - Andrew Jackson in the White House"...which I also highly recommend, Jackson being another heo of mine.

Give them a shot.....I think you'll like :)
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

##catfitewatcher314

that has to be a big book michelle, I still want to get it to read. Jefferson is so interesting

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Stephen King is my favorite author. I'm really glad to see Under The Dome on tv this summer. It's a great book and so far they have been doing a great job on the show.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Smokey

I've been reading the Honor Harrington books by David Weber. Great reads if you enjoy war stories in a sci-fi setting.

Offline jim2bad

Terry Pratchett - the Discworld stories.  For the fantasy fans in this thread, they're the funniest fantasies ever written!  "Going Postal" is, imho, the best book ever written. 

Offline GoldenGirl

• God Member
Well, I'm still hoping for a leather-bound, First Edition of the Chronicles of Lexibabe.

It didn't appear in my Christmas stocking last year, but I haven't given up hope.

GG