News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Beware that it looks as if someone has hacked into BritBrat's yahoo.

• 8 Replies

Offline charlir

• God Member
I never removed BritBrat from my "yahoo messenger" friends list simply as a way of "memorium." But this morning when I went online, I noticed that BritBrat's old yahoo was lit up and online. There was also an email waiting. No one answered to BritBrat's yahoo and the email just turned out to be a piece of trashy spam. I am so sorry that hacker's can't have a little respect!!!!!

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Beware that it looks as if someone has hacked into BritBrat's yahoo.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »
I had the samething happen to me last week with someone else's yahoo ID.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
Yahoo's been getting hacked very easily lately and not warning anyone that it is happening.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »
Yahoo's been getting hacked very easily lately and not warning anyone that it is happening.

The best thing to do is change your password frequently with strong passwords.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »
The issue is with yahoo servers not individual accounts,my account was hacked while i was online and i nipped in the bud as emails were starting to go out and i had NOT clicked on any links. Its more a harmless annoyance than any danger for the time being, and a message being sent to yahoo.
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
brits yahoo went on and off a few mins ago.... that happened a few months ago also at the time i just figured it was her family checking her email or something.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »
The issue is with yahoo servers not individual accounts,my account was hacked while i was online and i nipped in the bud as emails were starting to go out and i had NOT clicked on any links. Its more a harmless annoyance than any danger for the time being, and a message being sent to yahoo.

That's exactly what happened to me a few months ago. I had just logged on and saw e-mails going out to my entire contact list. I've even seen posts done in Yahoo groups.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Gaelle

• God Member
  • I'm the one in red of course *winks*
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »
It happens regulary indeed.  Every year actually.  Usually those who are hacked clicked stupidely on suspect links received in offlines or e-mails.  But this time is different.  Most victims that I know did nothing wrong and that is scary. 
I hate those hackers and wonder why they do that.  It doesn't bring them any money or advantage.  It is just a free act, like those vandals who smash your car glasses just for the fun of it.
Lady Gaelle

Offline AlanChicago

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »
Yeah, I got an email from her account a few days ago.  It was just a link which obviously would have taken me to an infected page.