News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

The Garden Party

• 4 Replies

Offline peccavi

• God Member
  • I'm a big brunette bullying b*tch, take me on!
The Garden Party
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:31 AM »
My thanks firstly to my wonderful friends who by editing make my stories so much better, Kyle, Judy and the supremely talented Laurie Breeze and secondly to my friend Kimberlythesp who allowed me to feature her in this story, gave me many good ideas for it, to say of this clever, witty, talented actress that she is always a glamorous enchantress is but faint praise.

"Noel Coward is so dated, and Blythe Spirit is an example. Imagine anyone using the plot line today- the whole ‘comedy’." Vi sneered, "revolves around a second marriage."

Kelly tugged on my arm, pulling me closer and whispering "Peter, what have we here?" Nancy Astor, Kelly's bete noir had hosted a garden party to celebrate the end of the season of Blythe Spirit and to announce the next plays the theatre company would put on. Nancy was so energetic, always involved in some charity event or fundraiser for some cause. And she always invited Kelly.

When she saw the invitation in the mail, Kelly said to me, "Peter I don't know sometimes whether she invites me to show me up, to demonstrate - yet again- how community minded she is. She is insufferable." Still Kelly went and took me along. I didn't mind; the conversation was always good, the food and drink better, and it was good for business; it never hurt to meet new contacts, to rub shoulders with some of the managers of our major customers, to chat with our family firm's accountants, solicitors and brokers. And of course I lived in hope of seeing Kelly flare up against Nancy; I knew it would happen someday; I wanted to be there when it did.

But that afternoon Nancy was busy, chatting with everyone, mingling with the actors and actresses, the producers and director and the donors. She'd waved a sketchy greeting and left us to ourselves. We wondered around a bit meeting and greeting people.

Hoping to find a quiet area to neck- Kelly was hot to trot, nothing would give her more pleasure than to thumb her nose at Nancy Astor by having a few moments of passionate kissing at Nancy’s garden party when everyone else was being genteel - we'd walked around a bank of shrubbery into a heated discussion between Kim Curzon - Kelly's tamed actress - and Violet Tennant, the younger sister of my old flame Margot. Kelly had befriended Margot after Elena Savoy had beat her up and stolen Margot's boyfriend Malcolm Sergeant.

“These days half the world doesn't marry and the other half wouldn't go to see a play about a second marriage- either because they are the moral majority," and again Vi sneered, “or because they are in a second marriage." Standing mere inches from Kim Curzon the brunette was hectoring, her finger jabbing the air as she made her points.

"That just show's it’s not dated, people still get married twice; as Bernard Shaw said it’s 'the triumph of hope over experience'." Kim replied, much more calmly, she exhaled smoke from her cigarette and went on. “Coward just didn't write Blythe Spirit, no his work covered many fields - one of the best war films 'In which we serve' ".

"So Coward joined the patriotic bandwagon in World War Two,” Vi retorted.

Kelly nudged me, "What's got into Violet, she's not normally like this?"

I shrugged. "Something's bitten her. Look at her flushed face, her heaving bosom."

Kelly nudged me whispering, "I thought better of you Peter, than to look at a lady's breasts." She giggled quietly.

"No dear, I mean she's either angry or maybe just heated in her argument."

"Yes, and Kim's calm is just making Vi more edgy. It’s time to let them know we are here," Kelly coughed loudly. "Hello Kim, hello Vi; mind if we join you?" Not waiting for an answer, she went on. "’’In which we serve’’ isn't exactly the standard wartime film. No, it's a series of flashbacks after the “Torrent” sinks- a film based loosely on Mountbatten and HMS Kelly. Compare that to say John Mills who acted in “In which we serve” in another role in "We Dive at Dawn” as the commander of a submarine which sinks the German battleship, where one of the crew just about singlehandedly fends off a German battalion while the sub refuels.“ Kelly joined the conversation. While an outsider would say she sought to hose the argument down by raising another film, I knew she was raising the stakes by showing Coward’s famous war movie as unique and –within the limits of the genre- understated, as indeed it was. She was supporting Kim and niggling Vi. "You do need to suspend disbelief while watching 'We Dive'!" Kelly stepped back a pace or two, distancing herself from the two women arguing.

Vi looked blankly, confused to see us.

Kim smiled, thanking Kelly. "Hello Peter and Kelly, how nice to see you. Vi and I are just discussing the play. Please join us.” She went on. “Coward wrote other plays and films. Consider “This Happy breed” a domestic story about a suburban family, as good, as relevant, today as ever. He sang, he performed live in all sorts of famous venues."

"Coward never really sang; its more reciting words to music- can you call "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" singing? Vi retorted.

"Yes I can, and so did many others, Coward was an entertainer, it’s not for nothing he was called "The Master. He had so many talents- a multi faceted genius. Bernard Shaw is so much more dated than he is. And I've acted in Bernard Shaw too, I've played Eliza Doolittle, I've played in Arms and the Man. I'm not diminishing him when I say he didn't have the range of Coward."

"Kim knows her stuff, you'd think she was a veteran actress, no someone still the right side of 30." I whispered to Kelly; I don't know why; Vi and Kim were so focused, they were hardly aware of our presence.

Kelly nodded, "She's in complete control, look how calm she is; how agitated Vi is. Kim's dominating the conversation, because she knows more.”

"And Vi doesn't like it."

"No, she'll snap soon." Kelly smiled. I wasn't sure whether she was savouring the argument or delighted that her protégé was winning; probably both.

"Perhaps you're right." Vi began.

"Of course I am, I know what I'm talking about, I'm an actress."

"I was wrong, Vi's not snapping, she's given in", Kelly nudged me. "And Kim's not accepting Vi's surrender." She suppressed a giggle. "Kim's going to make Vi eat crow."

The redhead went on. "What are you? An economist. And I’m sure you are good at your job. Respect my views as I respect yours. Do I profess to know a lot about economics?"

"I'm entitled to my opinion."

"So you'd follow Colonel de Clam. Oh you don't know who he was, a French army officer in the 1890s who said he'd prefer to be wrong than a Dreyfusard. And of course Dreyfus was innocent. "

"Kim's parading her knowledge again" Kelly whispered.

"And Violet doesn't like it." I whispered back. "She's like a fish squirming on Kim's hook"

"A fish Kim is about to land."

The two arguers were an exciting tableau.  They were mismatched for h weight and heigh. Kim was a petite pixie- no more than 5ft 3 and slightly built with it- perhaps about 115 lbs about the same weight as Kelly's beach bunny body. Vi was more the full figured body I most admired- she had a  well shaped bust and butt with a slightly  rounded stomach. I guessed she'd have been 20lbs heavier- perhaps 135 lbs and she was a good 3 inches taller than Kim. Vi had clearly dressed for the occasion in an elegant halter necked floral patterned dress - a tight bodice falling to a slightly flared skirt which finished some distance north of her knees and white shoes with a small heel. Kim was equally eye catching in the clothes she’d worn when I first met her- a halter top tight around her bust and a tight skirt –though not so tight that it restricted her movements .Like Vi’s dress, Kim’s skirt finished well north of her knees, If Vi’s outfit conveyed elegant sexuality, Kim’s reeked of sophisticated pulchritude.

Vi seethed, her face flushed  still redder, her finger jabbing the air in front of her; she leant forward, shifting from one foot to another, when she wasn’t moving around- almost as if she was circling Kim, at all times keeping her eyes fixed on the red haired actress. By contrast Kim was almost subdued, she stood still if watchful, her arms folded over her bare stomach.

The shrubbery – a planting of rhododendrons as tall as me and so tangled and inter grown to form a thick hedge, with alternate white and red flowering roses between the rhododendrons and the border of low-cut English box- both screened the women from the sight or hearing of the polite society enjoying the garden party and provided a perfect backdrop to the unfolding drama.

"Not at all," Violet snapped at Kim. "Arts, plays, music, they are always a matter of opinion, there are few right and wrong answers. In economics..."

Kim didn't let her finish her sentence, "Oh yes in economics we can see that there's only one answer. That's why Friedman and Klugman both win Nobel prizes and disagree profoundly about economic policy."

"Oh Kim you are so bad, " Kelly whispered, "You're showing Vi up in her own field; I love it."

Kim lit up another cigarette and blew smoke in Violet’s face. "You know what an economist is- a person without the people skills to be an accountant.”

Vi flushed further, she hopped from one foot to the other.

“Kim has such witty repartee, that thrust hit home.” Kelly whispered; she was all but salivating.

“And when did you play Eliza Doolittle,” Vi tried to respond,”it must have been some time ago, she is supposed to be a young woman.”

“That may be so but Bernard Shaw had Mrs Patrick Campbell –then aged in her mid 40s create the part.” Again Kim scored, showing Vi didn’t know much about the theatre.

“Be that as it may, the part of - Mme Arcati in Blythe Spirit I- yes I did see the play, - suits you better, Mme Arcati is a role for a much more mature actress.”

"I played Ruth -the young wife not the old medium." Kim snapped.

“I must have been mistaken. I was so sure a young actress played Ruth. Character parts suit you so much better.”

“Kim, you can’t let her insult you like that.” Kelly stirred the pot. Aside she whispered, “Vi’s weapon is the bludgeon, so much less effective than Kim’s stiletto.”

“Oh so you think a few home truths are insults." Vi snapped.

"The home truth is that I played the young wife," Kim hiissed.

"A role which suited you and which you played it very well. " Kelly smiled at Kim.

“Another home truth is you need your eyes checked.” Kim snapped again.

“Now who is insulting whom?” Vi retorted.

“It ‘s hardly an insult to tell the truth,” Kelly smiled. “You clearly didn’t see which actress was playing which role.

“What do you suppose a drama queen like Kim," Vi paused to make sure we all understood her double meaning. "Yes a drama queen even if she does behave like a princess – will do about it? So far she's just hidden behind you! ” Vi sneered.

“Kim can stand up for herself, she doesn’t need me or anyone else to tell her to teach manners to someone as rude as yourself,” Kelly retorted.

Vi turned to Kim, “Well Princess? Are you just going to blow smoke?”

Kim, I still think provoked more by Kelly’s comments than by Violet’s insults, lashed out; her right hand slapped Vi’s face noisily.

“At last,” Vi smiled grimly, rubbing at the mark Kim’s slap had made on her cheek, “I’ve been waiting to get my claws into you.” Lunging forward, she grabbed a fistful of Kim’s hair while her left hand slapped Kim’s chin. She jerked hard, pulling Kim’s head back, so Kim looked into the air. Vi stepped to the side. Kim’s slap went wild- she couldn’t see her enemy. Kim tried to grab Vi’s arm; again Vi eluded her, again Vi slapped hard.

Kim squealed as Vi repeatedly slapped her cheek. Kim slapped, this time finding her target- Vi’s chest. Vi jerked Kim’s hair. Kim grabbed a fistful of Vi’s longer brunette hair. For a long moment the two women stood locked in a hair pulling battle of wills, hissing and growling lowly; swaying on the grass, slapping at the other with their free hand. Vi took an early advantage, after all she was taller and heavier. She forced Kim back into the shrubbery. Kim bent forward and shoved hard, her shoulder striking Vi between her breasts. Vi squealed and stumbled back. Kim pushed again, she took hold of Vi’s hair in both hands; she pushed, dragging Vi to her knees.

Vi’s hands slapped at Kim’s thighs, her bare tummy, her side. It did little good. Kim yanked Vi's hair, jerking the brunette's head as the redhead rained down slaps, striking Vi's cheeks already red and sore cheeks.

A squealing, seemingly desperate Vi punched Kim's side. Kim looked down, readied herself for another slap but reeled back instead when Vi’s fist slammed into Kim’s stomach. Kim groaned; she retreated letting go of Vi who got to her feet.

“Vi was unlucky then!” Kelly smiled. Sensing my surprise she went on, “If she’d hit Kim harder, she might have ended the fight then. Kim’s abs are so soft!”

The two women circled each other, looking for an opening. Vi crouched; she sprang forward, under a surprised Kim's guard and tackled the redhead. Kim gasped, she swayed, she pelted Vi's back with her fists. Vi wrapped her arms round the little  actress’s legs and pushed. Kim lurched, she again pounded Vi's back, I thought she might maintain her stance but Vi's renewed thrust pushed her to the grass. Kim checked Vi's attack with a sharp kick, she rolled to her knees. Vi tried to attack; Kim's fist jabbed forward, burying itself in Vi's tummy. Vi staggered back her hands clutching her battered stomach.

"Kim has improved," Kelly whispered. "She's much tougher than the girl who tried to fight me, she has stamina and strength."

Kim was up on her feet instantly, unleashing another massive jab. Vi sidestepped, the punch went nowhere and Vi's elbow struck Kim's flank as the actress lurched forward. Kim staggered and almost fell.

"Yes, Kim, you're doing well but she nearly had you then. You put everything into that blow. And it failed. You underestimated Vi's ability to recover." Kelly savoured the fight.

Before Kim could regroup Vi was onto her, slapping at her face and upper shoulders. Kim warded her off. Vi changed tactics, shoving the actress's shoulders, grabbing her hair, trying to drag her to the grass once more. Kim wasn't buying into that trial of strength again, she brought her knee up, aiming at Vi's stomach, Vi turned, at the last moment Kim tried to change her direction, her knee hit a glancing blow to Vi's thigh. But Kim had succeeded- Vi had let go of her hair.

Again the two women circled. Both had suffered, Vi's dress was hanging by one shoulder strap, exposing the top of her bra, she'd lost a shoe, she was panting, bruises were forming in her cheeks- and probably many other places we couldn't see. Kim's cheeks and her bare tummy were red, marked by Vi’s fists, her stomach heaved as she gulped in air. Both were defiant.

"What's the back story Kelly?" I wanted to know, "Vi really wanted the fight, but why?"

Kelly shrugged, "Maybe we will find out. You don’t care anyway. The fight’s turning you on – more than necking with me would have! I could be upset"

“But you’re not are you darling” I whispered, nibbling her ear. Of course Kelly was right. I’d always liked watching women fight, and this one was a good one, two evenly matched women –about equal in size and strength and apparently in experience –or lack of it; neither seemed very adept. So far each had given as good as she had got. But I was right too, Kelly loved women fighting- or rather she loved the outcome - the defeated woman who had started the fight full of power and strength, determined to defeat her rival abjectly surrendering, pleading –often mutely- for that rival - now her conqueror’s mercy. While the tussle excited Kelly, the power exchange from vanquished to victress aroused her.

Kim lunged, seeking to tackle Vi who darted to her left leaving Kim on her knees her arms outstretched. She turned as Vi delivered two hard kicks to Kim's side. Each hit, each elicited a deep gasp. Vi charged in, clutching Kim's shoulders she pushed hard hoping to force Kim to the ground; Kim hissed as Vi's force bent her backwards. Kim grabbed at Vi's waist; she swung her head forward aiming a head butt at Vi's midriff. Vi retreated, Kim got shakily to her feet.

Vi attacked, her left hand struck Kim's face, the actress gasped, she seemed to falter. Vi's right hand darted out, Kim pivoted, she grabbed the arm and hauled, pulling Vi off balance, she tugged harder, Vi stumbled. Tugging, straining hard, pushing her body against the merchant banker, Kim shoved Vi headlong into the shrubbery. "Had enough “princess”?" Kim sneered.

Vi slowly got to her feet, her dress torn, her bare arms rent and bleeding from where she had fallen into the rose bushes- the force of her fall was so great stems had broken off- I wondered what the park staff would make of it in the morning- her hair was matted with twigs. She gulped deep breaths into her lungs. Shakily she stepped forward. “You’re one for quotations” she paused, fixing her eyes on Kim; she took another step towards the actress who stood, arms folded, smirking, “I’ll give you one. In the words of the Revolutionary hero, “I have not yet begun to fight.’”

She flung herself on Kim with a welter of slaps and punches to the redhead’s face, shoulder and sides. A startled Kim- I am sure she thought she had won- scurried back pursued by the furious merchant banker. Kim stumbled on some uneven ground, Vi shoved; Kim desperately tried to stay upright, clutching at Vi's shoulders. She failed, the two women crashed to the grass, Vi on top. For perhaps two seconds the women were motionless, Vi was probably trying to catch her breath, Kim was clearly disorientated, perhaps even dazed. Vi raised her head, she half sat; half supported herself on one arm as she grabbed at the hair on the top of Kim’s head. She raised it; she slammed Kim’s head down on the ground. The redhead groaned.

“If this was indoors or a car park it would be all over.” Kelly whispered.

“But its grass and Kim still has a chance.”I replied, squeezing her hand. Kim jabbed her fingers into Vi’s armpit. Vi shrieked, the pain must have been intense, she rolled off Kim.

“You’re loving this Peter,” Kelly wiggled her butt into my groin. I didn’t attempt to deny it, she knew me too well; and I knew her too well not to know that Kelly longed to have Vi as her supplicant, even as Kim already acknowledged her supremacy and had done so from the time Kelly had defeated her. I also knew Kelly too well to say that I knew that she wanted Vi as a supplicant.

Vi and Kim got to their feet.

"You’re loving this, “ Kelly repeated, “Just like you loved seeing me fight that brunette on the beach. You’re hard. I can feel it. Why, why are you so aroused Peter Balfour? Look at them. Look at Vi; she’s bleeding from countless scratches she got when Kim shoved into the roses. Her dress is drooping, the strap’s broken, it’s hanging from the waistband, bruises are forming. Listen to her wheeze and gasp for breath.”Kelly pointed to the gasping, sighing brunette as she faltering circled her red-haired foe looking for a gap in Kim’s defences. “Look at Kim, she’s suffered too, see her torn halter, see where bare stomach and sides are red, where bruises are forming from Vi’s punches.” Kim stood, wheezing and gasping as much as Vi, shifting on her feet, content to follow Vi as Vi circled her. ”Look at them both, each trying to summon the last reserve of energy, each still desperate to avoid defeat. Look at them, they are exhausted.” Vi charged- or rather lurched – forward, arms outstretched ready to seize Kim and drag her down again. Kim sidestepped and kicked out, connecting with Vi’s thigh. Vi stumbled back. Again Kelly whispered “Why Peter Balfour, why are you so hard?”

“Because dear Kelly, these two women are sexier than any model on a catwalk or in a fashion magazine. Look at them; see the grim, desperate determination not to be the defeated woman grovelling for their enemy's mercy.” Kim tried to follow up her kick, closing, slowly, oh so slowly, on Vi, one arm up to strike, the other protecting her battered stomach. Her right fist hit home, but not where I’m sure she intended for Vi turned to the side, Kim’s fist struck Vi’s cheek not her chin. Vi struck back with a punch to Kim’s side. Kim deflected it with her left hand. The two women clinched and broke apart, stumbling back.

“Kelly,” I continued, “see their defiant stares, their tense bodies ready for the other's attack These firm, sweaty, battered torsos; these faces stained with dirt; these women with hair plastered to their scalps are so much more arousing than bony, anorexic bikini clad bit of fluff prancing around a stage.”

Kim and Vi glared at each other. “They must know whoever wins this stage wins, they are both running on empty,” Kelly whispered. Kim closed on her rival. Again she kicked, again it caught Vi’s thigh. Vi gasped. Kim slammed her body into Vi. Vi stumbled back, sweeping her elbow up. It hammered Kim’s chin; Vi punched at Kim’s chest. Kim groaned. Vi pressured Kim with jabs to her chest, her face and her sides. Kim lurched back, she nearly fell. She staved off Vi with a solid punch to Vi’s belly; it missed but forced Vi to retreat, giving Kim a few seconds to regroup. Vi closed again, Kim stepped to the side, Vi blundered forward, her arm seeking Kim’s face. Instead Kim grabbed her enemy’s outstretched arm in both hands. She ran in a circle, forcing Vi to follow, making her turn. Kim ran faster, and then let Vi go. Vi lurched back, stumbling. Kim charged her head down her arms out. Kim’s head sank into Vi’s tummy as her arms wrapped around Vi’s knees.

Vi squealed in pain as she fell back into the shrubbery. She lay still, weeping. The fight was over.

Kim hissed, “Princess, you never did like gardening!” She turned as if to go.

“Kim; you can’t leave like that. Here” Kelly, taking charge as usual, reached into her bag, “take my top coat, its light, its waterproof and its stylish. It’s getting cool , few people will notice anything unusual. How did you get here? Cab? “

Kim nodded. Kelly turned to me. “Take Kim to the cab rank, then meet me and Vi at your car.”

I wrapped my arm round a stumbling, faltering Kim; we walked off.  We were around the shrubbery when Kim began to cry; I suppose her adrenaline had  drained “Thank you Peter” she said. “And thank Kelly, she’s considerate". She paused. I dabbed her eyes. Kim continued, " At least when she's put you in your place. Don't look so shocked, Peter, you know what she did to me- how she fought me. She told you so herself. She really fucked me up bad. She hammered me. She pounded my stomach. In less than a minute I was on the floor moaning, throwing up my dinner. My stomach was bruised for a week" Kim clung to me.

I dabbed her eyes again. “She gets off on fighting other women.”

Kim walked a little distance before speaking again “No, she gets off on winning. I’d hate to see her if she lost a fight. I don’t think she ever has. No Kelly’s life is one success after another. We are but stepping stones to her ultimate triumph.”  She stopped walking, she gulped air . She stumbled forward, again  I helped her, my arm holding her upright. She looked at me.  “You don’t like that thought;  that you’re just a stepping stone for Kelly Remember I told you she has fought other women over their men. She sees someone or something she likes and has to have him. Remember I said that when she introduced us.”

I nodded. "Yes you did." I looked at her thoughtfully. Was she trying to warn me off Kelly? And if so why? She’d flirted with me, yes Kelly said she flirted with everyone but I’d not seen Kim flirt again. Was Kim interested in me? I considered the possibility for a moment and found I liked it. I was still excited from watching the fight at any time Kim was more than an attractive woman, my earlier thought of ” sophisticated pulchritude”” hardly did her justice. This clever, witty, talented actress was always a glamorous enchantress; just then the dishevelled victrix was an alluring siren. I'd always liked women who fought and won- I started to fantasise. I pulled her a little closer, turning her face to me. "Yes you did," I repeated, “and she admitted it.”

“But she said yours was different, that you didn’t know the woman she fought. That is unusual. Care to tell me what happened? You told me and Margot a little bit a while back but I’d like to know more” Reflecting later, I couldn’t decide whether Kim really wanted to know or whether she was just containing flirting. “Come on, how did Kelly win you? “

"I was at the beach last summer when I saw a strapping voluptuous brunette rescue some kids’ ball. She flirted with the husband till his wife returned. The brunette and wife’s exchange of words escalated into a fight which the brunette won easily. Later Kelly told me that she'd taken an instant dislike to the brunette, she said the brunette needed to be put in her place and that she’d my lusty glances at the brunette. Yes I’d seen the brunette as a strong powerful alpha woman."

“Strong powerful alpha woman, sounds just like Kelly; oh yes she’d have seen the brunette as a rival, she’d have wanted to destroy her.”Kim snuggled in a little closer as we walked. “How did she go about it, how did she win you?”

"She later told me at that point- when she saw me looking at the brunette - Kelly determined to have me take her out for dinner. Her play started with a brief disconcerting encounter- she sauntered off leaving me feeling like her latest toy.”

“Peter lots of us have felt that way!”Kim giggled slightly and squeezed my waist.

“She set the brunette up so her rival had to fight or back down. And there was no way an alpha woman like the brunette was going to back down. It was a long hard fight. I was cheering for the brunette at the start, I thought she was going to win, that Kelly –remember I didn’t know her then- had bitten off more than she could chew. I was wrong and by the time Kelly had crushed the brunette I was cheering for Kelly. And by the time Kelly had turned the brunette- making that once apparently alpha woman a snivelling, begging, needy wanton slut and whored her out to a pack of men who took her to the sand hills to fuck her, I was Kelly's.

"Peter she played you, you’re not the only one. No, I’m saying that wrong. You’re not the first person she’s manipulated.”Kim shivered. I squeezed her gently. She smiled. "Yes I am afraid of her. Like I said she fucked me up bad. My stomach was bruised for a week. "I nodded and she went on. "I try to be distant, I try to keep away from Kelly, I want to be independent. But she is so controlling, you just do as she says. If she wants to befriend you, to talk with you, you don't talk back, you agree with her or at least you talk with her. Yes she’s good to talk to, she’s intelligent, she talks sense. But you know you’re on a tight leash, she has but to twitch it and you’re in trouble."

“You’re talking about my girlfriend.”I tried to remonstrate, even as I acknowledged the truth of much of what Kim said.

I know that. She manipulated me today. Kelly pushed me to fight Vi. I wouldn't have otherwise." She looked at me soulfully, her eyes wide, again glistening with tears. "I was winning that argument. I'd have left it like that. But everything escalated with Kelly. She manipulated both of us. Right from her first comment about "In which we serve" she was stirring us up." She half smiled, again looking into my eyes. "You knew that too did you?"

I nodded Perhaps Kelly did it for me. “I like watching girls fight. And you were so hot fighting.”

“I suppose I should thank you for the compliment.”  She kissed my cheek. "No I'm not flirting with you. Your’re Kelly's. She told me that." Kim must have seen me bristle - I wasn't sure I liked being thought of as Kelly's possession. "You sleep together. She's warned me off; she's warned everyone off. I’ll not cross her, not after what she did to me.”She dropped her arm from around my waist and walked on. "Anyway here's the cab rank and here's a cab. I won't be needing this anymore." She handed me Kelly's top coat, kissed my cheek and got into her cab.

I walked back to Kelly pondering what Kim had said.

Kelly and Vi had hardly moved. Kelly said "Thank you Peter now give Vi the coat."

I did so, helping her into it. She was still trembling. "did she hurt you real bad?"

"Peter, its obvious Kim thrashed her. Vi was a fool to fight her."

I bit back my comment that I hadn't thought Kim was very skilled; that I thought Vi may have had a chance. "Perhaps she had a reason dear." I slipped my arm round Vi’s waist; she was trembling so much she could hardly stand.

"Only that Kim flirted with some man she was interested in. You know Kim always flirts, she doesn’’t mean much by it."

Again I bit back the obvious retort that Kelly had stopped Kim flirting with me very quickly. Instead I said "Do you want to tell me what happened Vt?"

Vi  shook her head.

"She says its all too painful. Don’’t bother with her, I've already tried to comfort her."

And then it clicked, Kelly had been spurned. Vi had refused her sympathy. "It was her fault. she started it." She turned to Vi, " You thought you'd beat her. You thought you’d get another scalp. Yes you did. I know the type. Don’t misunderstand me, there’s nothing wrong in trying to impose your will on someone else. The shame is in failing.” She turned back to me. “Peter; we’re taking Vi home.”

We did so, Kelly engaged Vi in a talk about exchange rates, about the President’s statement that deficits didn’t matter- this was when G W Bush was still in the White House, before we learned some sense- soon she had Vi responding.

Vi had failed to impose her will on Kim; she’d lost the fight. Kelly was well on the way to imposing her will on Vi. And I didn’t need Kim to tell me that that was how Kelly liked it.

This is the fifth chapter in the Kelly series which I started writing with the talented PJS last year. You can read the prior chapters by going to these links
1  Deserved Cummupance
2  Enigmatic Kelly
3  A Guys' night out
4  An Unusual Path to Married Bliss

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:47:05 PM by peccavi »
Blondes are cool Brunettes are Hot!!

Offline Marie B.

• God Member
  • Big Girls Beware !!
Re: The Garden Party
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
How very Victorian of you, Lady Jenn of Peccavi!

Kim and Vi are a pair of cultured wildcats, no?

Terrific & original story. :)

Marie

Offline Kayla

• God Member
  • Who needs balls when one has boobs?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
Great stuff - really loved the ongoing commentary while the fight was going on - nice & spicy!  ;D :D ;)

Hugs
Kayla
Naughty - but oh, so NICE! :-)

Offline Jonica

• God Member
  • Verified Smartass
    • A Dark And Frightening World
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »
Great story, Jenn!  I love the characterization and the running dialogue.  Keep up the good work!

:)

*hugs*

J
xoxo
Bad (Bad) Blood (Blood)
The bitch is in her smile.
The lie is on her lips,
Such an evil child.

Offline Laurie Breeze

• God Member
  • I'm in yer face, bein' all bratty 'n whatnot
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
Another wonderful story, Miss Jenn! The characters, the dialogue, the setting, the fight.....all perfectly mixed together by an expert to make another classic!

:) :-*

hugggzzz 'n xoxo

~Laurie~
We're on a circuit of an Indian dream
We don't get old, we just get younger
When we're flying down the highway
Riding in our Indian Cars