News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Session with Bullet at MWMUK

• 4 Replies

Offline TheAmazingSpiderMouth

• God Member
Session with Bullet at MWMUK
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »
Bullet 8-0 Spidermouth

Over the Easter break my mum and brother were visiting my sister in London so it was a good opportunity for me to join them for a couple of days for a catch up.  On my way I decided to have a session at MWM on the Wednesday morning and my opponent was Bullet.  I arrived at the Vauxhall venue slightly early, Cam drove up with Bullet in the passenger seat.  We greeted each other before entering the gym.  Bullet was changed while Cam and I were still chatting so I thought I’d better get changed quick as Bullet was ready to fight!  Bullet was all in black with arms and legs looking well defined, she is in excellent shape, strong.  We started on our knees, tapping fists and palms BJJ style then straight into it.  She was trying to pull me down while I was trying to separate her arms from the Thai grip she had me in.  Once we were down on the mats, Bullet was quickly on top and I was struggling and squirming to stop her getting control.  I was really pleased with how it was going, Bullet commented that I was strong today which I was chuffed about.  During the first round, I used my half guard and managed to get Bullet in my guard while lying on my back.  I spotted her attempting to move into an arm bar and I managed to stifle it early.  There was a lot of friendly banter from start to finish with taunts and challenges, but the physical contest was a good intense workout.  I lasted about 12 minutes before Bullet eventually got me on my side and positioned me to apply a kimoura.  1-0 to Bullet.

We re-engaged and grappled hard for another 8 minutes before the next submission.  Bullet had the full mount position but I managed to bridge up quickly and unbalance her toppling her onto her side.  I have to admit at 155 lbs I have quite a weight advantage over Bullet and that actually helped me make things difficult for her even though I was rarely on top.  We were beginning to sweat as the intensity was being maintained.  I managed to get out of a guillotine attempt and an Americana, keeping up a running commentary about my sterling defence, much to Bullet’s amusement.  When the second point came, it was an arm triangle that had my voice distorted while I verbally submitted.  Cam was grinning at the spectacle.  2-0 to Bullet.

I was expecting to hold out for longer and longer as the match went on because Bullet was working hard in the first two rounds, as I was, but I was feeling like I could keep this up for two hours.  Neither of us had taken on water yet.  However, the next two points came in quick succession by way of an arm bar and another arm triangle.  This time the arm triangle was progressively squeezed on a bit at a time once I was in position until I really did have to tap but I lasted as long as I could.  So 4-0 to Bullet.

I was on top for a brief period in the next round but Bullet used her legs to raise my shins then roll me onto my back.  She was moving up my trunk probably looking for a triangle, so I pushed her knee back, well I tried to but she was solidly planted on me.  She quickly switched into an arm bar so I sat up and tried to move in towards her to protect the arm, but she used her upper leg on my chest to effortlessly push me flat on my back on the mats again and complete the arm bar.  5-0 to Bullet.

I was still giving my cheeky commentary in round 6, telling her that I had a plan and that I knew what to do in whatever situation we were in.  Bullet, simply said “well do it then”.  I had to admit that while I knew what to do, I did not have the flexibility to do it!  I managed to get onto Bullet’s side and tried to get her back for a nelson attempt but she was too fast and determined and we were soon locked into half guard grappling again until she finally wore me down and took the round with a kimorura as I was pressed on my front, face against the mats.  Cam was looking through the cage wiring as I was squealing in submission.  She enjoyed watching that one.  6-0 to Bullet.

I thought we had enough time for one more point but Bullet finished with a flourish getting me with another arm bar and completing the victory with an Americana.  I helped her up and we gave each other a hug.  8-0 to Bullet.

I really enjoyed this session and look forward to sessioning with Bullet many more times.  She got changed and we said our goodbyes for now as she headed for work.  Cam and I took a drive up to Camden for a coffee before I set off to meet my family elsewhere in London.  A nice day and a half followed including a trip up the London Eye and some nice walks in various parks in London.  I did pull an April Fool’s prank on the Friday claiming I’d decided to retire from mixed wrestling.  I was surprised anyone could believe that but some did!  I’m not retiring for a very long time yet.  I’m having too much fun and Living the Dream.
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.

• God Member
Sessions with Bullet at MWMUK (March and April 2016)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »
Rather than having separate threads for these matches with Bullet, I'd like to keep these matches in the same thread - allows more different threads to be on the front page of the Session Wrestlers part of the forum.

So here is the latest - and once again it was 8-0 to Bullet - enjoy the report

Bullet 8-0 The Amazing Spider-Mouth
April 2016 at MWMUK London

St George’s Day 2016 was a great day for me.  The bus to London was direct as a separate coach from each town in Wales because of all the passengers travelling down to participate or spectate at the London marathon.  I visited MWM for a session with Bullet but had the added bonus of meeting Cam, Nikkitta, Panther and Sparkle who were there on the same day.  Today was my 10th match with Bullet and she is now one of a club of 6 wrestlers who I have taken on 10 or more times.  This was actually my 3rd match with Bullet already in 2016.  Bullet was eating a crème egg 30 minutes before the match while I had eaten a pizza while watching football in an Italian place nearby.  I think we’ve prepared more diligently for some of our other matches.

We started each round on our knees so Bullet could not use any of my take downs and from the outset we went at each other pushing like a pair of bulldozers.  Once we were on the ground, Bullet had me on my back, I was vigorously trying to bridge up and propel her off, but she had a keen alert look in her eyes and was pressing straight back ground.  Bullet used her strong legs to work her way into position for an arm bar.  I tried to get up on my knees to pull my arm out but Bullet was able to handle this and turned the move into an upside down arm bar and I had to tap while flat on my face eating the mat!  1-0 to Bullet.

I am as fit as I have been in a long time with some brilliant cardio and weight sessions in the gym.  I piled the effort into round 2 trying to keep Bullet off balance and not let her settle into any controlling position.  She managed to get me in a neck hold lying to one side keeping her legs clear of mine so my neck was isolated in the hold.  I rocked side to side and rolled Bullet over my chest and got a leg across her body looking for a full mount position.  Bullet was not going to let me have this and was quick to get out the side, almost getting my back.  Again, it was Bullet’s legs that were instrumental in setting up her position to get me with a kimoura.  I tapped.  2-0 to Bullet.

In round 3, I finally managed to get my half guard defence into action, bringing a slight smile of frustration from Bullet.  Once she escaped, she was looking for an Americana but I managed to reach behind her head and connect my hands to avoid my arm bending too far.  I managed to escape the position and fought hard to prolong the round.  However, Bullet got an arm bar on my right arm, making a few adjustments with her feet to keep my body from rolling into the arm bar.  I tapped and it was 3-0 to Bullet.

OK I was 3-0 down and unlikely to win but wrestling against Bullet is an opportunity to try things and try and find ways to defend and attack.  With each round, I took the opportunity to have another go and see what I could do with different tactics.  I kept the effort high, but Bullet was matching my intensity and used a Thai grip to get my head down and then put on a guillotine.  She pulled me into her guard and completed the guillotine and I tapped out.  4-0 to Bullet.

My best round was the fifth round.  I used my head as a third upper limb to foil Bullet’s attempt to get an Americana.  I managed to get on top and apply some control and was close to getting an Americana on myself.  Bullet was great defensively and knew how to unsettle my efforts each step of the way.  It was intense but not aggressive, though at one point our foreheads were pressed into each other’s as we wrestled hard each trying to get the upper hand.  Bullet was able to get me on my side and pop up placing her legs right to get my left arm in a arm bar and that made it 5-0.

We tussled side on for a while in round 6, but Bullet kept getting on top.  I rotated vigorously and used my legs to try and dislodge her by pushing down on my heels.  I was fighting well but not quite as well as in the previous round.  When you consider my size advantage over Bullet, I don’t know how she kept me down, but she did.  This enabled her to apply an Americana to make it 6-0.

I was able to defend with some success in round 7, managing to get out of a guillotine Bullet was trying as we both faced each other on our knees.  Her transition into arm bar was really fluent and smooth and I had no chance to avoid it.  A fourth arm bar making me tap today and it was 7-0 to Bullet.

The final round was a reasonably short one and Bullet went for a move she has used a lot against me in recent fights but not yet so far in this match.  It was an arm triangle and once she got it on, she was able to gradually squeeze it on to gain the submission.  The final score was 8-0.  Looking back at my record against Bullet, some matches seem to come in pairs.  The first two were 7-0, there were two 6-0s in a row and now two 8-0s in matches 9 and 10. 

Post match, we posed for some photos to recreate the holds and then it was time to head to Nandos for a massive chicken platter between Cam, Bullet and myself.  Over dinner, we had a great chat about recent developments, showed each other some training and competition move videos on our phones and discussed what was still to come in 2016.  A big thanks to Cam for organising everything and thanks to Bullet for another great match xx
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.

• God Member
3 more pics of Bullet v Spidey April 2016 (MWM-UK)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
Here are 3 more pictures of my match with Bullet.

I'll be back at MWM on Friday 13th May to take on Lolita, and on 11th of June when I take on Frida the same day as Slovakia play Wales in Euro 2016 - that will be fun. 

Offline larsljung

Re: Session with Bullet at MWMUK
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »
Looks like the old gym. Have they not moved?

• God Member
Re: Session with Bullet at MWMUK
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:25:42 PM »
It is still the Vauxhall gym. There is a lot of work in setting up a new gym to the highest standards. I'm really looking forward to when it happens. But for the moment I am very happy that Vauxhall is a fantastic pecial purpose licensed and legally run martial arts gym. I've had wonderful times there.