News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Session Report: Rose at Pole-Fighters, Walsall, England, May 2016

• 6 Replies

Offline TheAmazingSpiderMouth

• God Member
Rose 3-2 The Amazing Spider-Mouth

The Pole-Fighters Club (Mixed Wrestling West Midlands)

May 2016

With my current losing streak now at 26 matches and counting, I decided to book one of the new athletes on the scene; Rose at Pole-Fighters in Walsall.  I have a size advantage over her and am much more experienced at session wrestling and I have been getting some great cardio workouts done in the gym lately.  I’ve also studied photographs of Rose wrestling on the TC and Saw websites and I bought a video of Rose against Vanity which I analysed thoroughly.  So I travelled up to Walsall today with a game plan to keep the tempo high, tire her out and get the points I needed to win during the second half of the bout.  The journey went really well and I checked into the hotel and had a shower and a cup of tea before walking down to Pole Fighters’ headquarters where Chanel and Rose were already waiting for my arrival.  I bought 2 bottled of water with me, one for Rose and one for myself, they were certainly needed, it was a warm Friday evening for a fight.  I changed into red shorts and long sleeved red top and decided to wear my mask for all 12 rounds so that Chanel could take plenty of photographs during the match. We agreed to do 12 four minute rounds which suited my game plan and agreed to start each round on our knees.  Rose wore white vest and black shorts with her hair in a platted pony tail for the match.  We had a stare down before the match started, got on our knees and shook hands before round 1 commenced.

We got to grips with each other from the outset and were soon body to body with our legs competing for an advantage.  I was straight into mu one man wrestler / comedian / commentator routine and Rose was laughing and protesting that laughing was going to tire her out.  Chanel was giving her coaching advice while timing the rounds and taking pictures; Chanel was explaining that I have a way of putting my opponents off with my routine.  Poor Rose clearly had not been briefed before the match and did not bring any ear plugs with her.  My half guard was stifling her efforts but she was on top sitting on me soon enough looking down trying to control my arms but not pinning me down.  Chanel advised Rose to pace herself because this was a 12 rounder and we had set off at a cracking pace.  We disconnected and I was up onto my knees quick going after her, keeping the recovery within rounds to a minimum, taking her by surprise and getting her back.  I had my arms around her body and arms and pulled her back on top of me so we ended up both looking at the ceiling.  She was arching back and trying to trap my legs with her legs, but I had the advantage being behind her and I could see everything she was trying but she did not have eyes in the back of her head to keep an eye on me the same way.  Chanel called time – 0-0 at the end of Round 1.

In round 2, I managed to pull Rose into my guard and looked for the opportunity to roll into a full mount position.  However, Rose was planted solidly and managed to disconnect my feet and escape from my guard.  She game down on top of me and I forced one of her legs into my half guard and we were scissoring each other’s thighs until Rose vigorously escaped my half guard.  Firstly she got her leg partially out, then a bit more out until I only had an ankle and a foot still captured and then she fully escaped and got me with a body scissors.  I resisted stubbornly and made various adjustments to make sure I did not need to tap.  She almost got me with a guillotine but I managed to keep her hands from connecting. At one point I went quiet and Chanel remarked that she could tell I was in trouble because I’d stopped my motor-mouth routine.  However, I held on until the bell.  Still no score.

Round 3. I kept the tempo high and could see Rose was beginning to tire, but I could not let up in the pace, I had to keep the pressure on to make it count later on.  I ended up in Rose’s guard and she used a Thai grip to pull my head down into her chest and scissor me hard at the same time.  I worked an arm in between her arms to help get a gap opening so I could pull my head clear, then looking down at Rose I pressed her arms against the mats, but she still had me in her guard and was able to roll slightly to one side to keep a shoulder off the mats.  I worked each leg out of her guard in turn and got a full mount but my left foot was badly positioned and I felt a pain in my left hip so had to temporarily sit up and that gave Rose the chance to pull out from beneath me.  The round ended still 0-0.

Round 4 saw some side on grappling and bear hugging as we tussled for position.  Rose was pushing hard for a point but her exertions were tiring her and I could see her expression becoming laboured as she tried hard to scissor me but I was holding out.  She also tried another guillotine in this round, but I was keeping my head just in the right position to avoid tapping while also keeping her grip from getting too tight.  I managed to get her back and rather than going for a point, I used my weight advantage to make her struggle and use up more precious energy.  Rose was doing well escaping from this position, turning round, facing me and battling on.  She managed to get a body scissors on and pull my right arm outside at the same time, but I pushed down with my left hand to sit up while she was scissoring me.  0-0 at the end of Round 4.

The highlight of round 5 was when I was on top of Rose trying the body press and she attempted and upside down grapevine that was actually working!  I did not let on that it was working and wearing the mask is a great way of concealing from my opponent and Chanel whether the moves are getting to me or not.  We ended up doing a half role for Rose to get on top but I put my knees up in the air to avoid a proper grapevine.  I managed to hook my left leg around her right calf and the press down with the heel of my right foot and roll back on top.  I got up on my knees into the full mount position, working my way up her body but Rose clasped both hands to the opposite elbows and I could not disconnect them to pin her arms down before the bell sounded to end the round.  0-0.

I went all out for a point in round 6.  I did not want Rose to be able to hold out until the end of the round if I got her in a hold after 3 minutes, so I was looking for positions from the start of the round.  We wrestled vigorously with me on my back and Rose on top, but I managed to pull her left arm around her back for a chance for a chicken wing or a kimoura from below.  At one point, Rose’s knee just missed my groin and I could hear Chanel holding her breath thinking it had connected.  Rose and I wrestled on and I rolled on top, into the full mount, I got her arms planted beside her head and closed in with the knees. Chanel counted to 8 and Rose got a shoulder up trying to propel me off her, she was desperate not to concede a point, but I pressed back down and this time the pin was counted to 10 and I took a 1-0 lead.  The remainder of the round saw me holding on to make sure I did not concede a quick equaliser as Rose tried a breast smother pulling my nose right into her breast bone.  I held out.  1-0 to me at the end of Round 6.

Round 7 was mostly about leg work as I almost got Rose with a grapevine but she almost trapped my lower right leg in a painful position with her two legs.  It’s difficult for me to describe what Rose was doing at this point because I could certainly feel it but could not see it from the position I was in.  Rose got me on my back but Chanel forgot to start counting, it did not matter because my shoulder would have been up before a count of 10 anyway. We rolled over towards the far wall and I ended up lying on my side stuck with Rose on top looking for isolated limbs to work on, but the bell went before she could get a proper hold on me.  Rose almost got an arm bar on but I connected my arms and rolled in towards her to make sure the arm did not straighten.  Still 1-0 to me.

Round 8 commenced with Rose coming at me side on, just like in the video of her that I had studied, I tried to pull execute my tactic for this situation which was to pull her into my guard and look for a scissors but Rose was quick enough to move outside me and get my back.  She pulled me in towards her and wrapped her legs around my body from behind.  Her legs did not connect, so I was not being scissored but her heels were nicely tucked in against my inner thighs to keep me under control.  I manages to turn side on to Rose but could not fully turn around in one go, that required a bit more effort.  When I was facing her, I was now properly in her guard and she tried a smother from below, pulling my face into her chest.  I resisted but she turned me a quarter turn insider her guard and worked on a neck hold that almost got me but I managed to adjust to  ales painful position, but then she body scissored me and I had to tap.  Chanel asked if it was a combo, but really at the time I tapped it was really the scissors that got me.  The surprising thing was that I was well able to resist all of the other scissor attempts Rose made in the match, but this one got me with a sudden sharp pain.  1-1 the equaliser to Rose.  Rose tied to get another neck hold on in the remainder of the round but there was not enough time for her to capitalise.  1-1 after 8 rounds.

The point to Rose gave her a boost and although she had seemed to be rapidly tiring, she seemed to get a second wind in the last 4 rounds starting with Round 9.  She got her legs in between mine and tried to push my legs outwards, not a grapevine because she did not hook her legs in from the outside, but an improvised move.  She was scissoring my pelvis shortly after and I just let her to let her tire herself out – but Chanel coached her from the side to mover her legs up higher.  Rose also had a half guillotine attempt where she got my neck with one of her arms and grabbed hold of her own vest to tighten the hold.  I managed to force her on her back and pull my head clear and then I pressed her arms down for the pin.  I considered an elbow bend because time was running out but took the chance on the pin and Chanel counted to 10 and I took the lead again 2-1.  There was still 30 seconds left in the round and so I concentrated on defence to use up the clock.  2-1 to me at the end of round 9.

We locked up for Round 10 and mutually pulled each other down onto the mats both keen to get the ground scrap on.  I got on top but Rose folded her arms to avoid the pin.  I really should have pushed one arm to the opposite side and go for an arm triangle but I just did not think of it at the time.  I managed to use Rose’s connected arms to mover her onto her side and then roll her into my body scissors.  Rose was working hard to get out from between my legs and I was content for her to use up more energy and for the clock to run down while I still had the lead.  She pushed with both feet on the mats to propel herself through my guard and out gaining a full mount position on me.  I was now the one working, pressing down with my heels and trying to propel her off me, but Rose kept me down as I vigorously rotated and shifted on the mats beneath her.  We ended up against the side wall and Chanel suggested we reset in the same position in the middle of the match.  We assumed the position and battled on.  Rose hooked her right foot around my left leg and straightened her leg for a half grapevine.  She did not need to capture my other leg because my left could not take the half grapevine and I tapped.  2-2 all square again.  We finished the round on the mats facing each other trying to capture each other’s waists, it was a question of who had the best flexibility.  We were still competing for this when the bell went without either of us capturing the other’s waist.

Round 11 and the match was finely balanced at 2-2.  We spent a bit more time on our knees chasing each other down in this round than in the others.  Chanel commented that our knees would be worn out – mine felt fine – they still do post match.  We eventually ended up grappling side on and Rose got me in a neck hold that nearly had me tapping.  She changed into a body scissors and then managed to position her right leg over my left shoulder for a triangle.  She squeezed and I was feeling it, but Rose was actually just using the triangle to control me while she tried to straighten my arm.  This was technically not an arm bar bit I had to bend my arm and connect with my other hand to stop it straightening.  So Rose squeezed again with her legs and I tapped to the triangle.  3-2 to Rose.  I immediately restarted by pulling her into a bear hug and soon our legs were thigh scissoring each other again.  There was a couple of rolls back and forth but neither of us could get a hold on that was going to lead to another point before the bell.  3-2 to Rose at the end of Round 11.

The 12th and final round.  There had been points in each of the last 4 rounds so I was hoping for an equaliser in the final 4 minutes of action.  Far from being on the defensive to hold onto her lead, Rose was looking for another point.  She tried a breast smother and a neck hold / body scissors combination.  For my part, I tried a cross body pin and was chasing Rose down quickly every time we disconnected.  We ended up on our knees, side by side at each other’s necks.  I managed to prize my neck out of her neck hold and reach round her back with my right leg and pull her into my guard, but before I could close my legs around her, Rose was coming down on top of me looking for a neck hold.  The clock was ticking down and eventually time ran out and the bell went.  Final score at the end of 12 rounds 3-2 to Rose.

I helped Rose to her feet and we embraced each other.  It was a great battle and a brilliant work out.  Rose absolutely deserves this win, she was brilliant and showed a lot of spirit to summon up more energy in the second half of the match after I was convinced she had worn herself out.  A very big thank you to Rose for great match and a big thanks for Chanel for organising the session, doing the time keeping and taking the photos; the photos were up on facebook the same evening.  I definitely recommend a session with Rose, a lovely girl and a great opponent on the mats.
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.

• God Member
Re: Session Report: Rose at Pole-Fighters, Walsall, England, May 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
4 more pictures
Mixed wrestler with a 35 win, 92 draw and 285 loss record in 412 matches  between 2005 and the end of 2016.  Living The Dream.

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
And 4 final pictures - enjoy

Offline Johndy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »
Cracking review thanks

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
Glad you like the reports. I've got a match coming up with Lashes at some point. That will be another even harder fought contest.

Offline Johndy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »
I am looking to set something up for a match with Rose, but Lashes looks awesome

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:55:28 AM »
Let us know how the match with Rose goes. You will love the session with her. Have you been to Pole Fighters before? Chanel is terrific.  She loves timing the rounds and counting the pins.