News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

J.T.Edson "Slip Gun" catfight

• 281 Replies

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
Re: J.T.Edson "Slip Gun" catfight
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
The one at the end of Rapido Clint is one of my favorites.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
The one at the end of Rapido Clint is one of my favorites.

Recap?  (Opponents?  Outcome?)

Offline maine516

• God Member
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
I had posted a review from reading Rapido Clint back on Feb 22, 2014 in this long thread.  I just found it and am re-posting it here.

"I just finished reading Rapido Clint.   While maybe not one of my current top 5 favorites, the female fight in this one is very good.  It's between Rita Ansell (real name is Rita Yarborough) and Daisy Extall, both "employees" of the Premier Chicken Ranch in El Paso. The time period is the early 1920's, so it's of course a different cast of characters than the stories from the 1860's etc.  Rita and Daisy start fighting right away in the first chapter, but the fight is stopped with the intention of letting them fight later on.  That fight comes in the form of entertainment in Mexico at the hacienda of a wealthy criminal who has escaped from New York.  The fight is very even and the description runs about 4 1/2 pages.  They both end up topless and clad only in G-strings about mid-way through the fight.  Interestingly, to a point, the wealthy criminal has a fetish for women fighting and he has a series of commissioned, well-done paintings of women fighting.  That's exciting, until it gets a bit corny and very unrealistic when the paintings are about some of the fights in JT's books, even ones that would be certainly lesser known.  That aside, there is quite a bit of dialog in the book regarding women fighting which adds to making this book above average in my view."

Also, as I've just read the book, I'm confirming that there is no catfight in Alvin Fog, Texas Ranger.  As colt45 has noted, I believe he was thinking of Rapido Clint instead.

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
Just an fyi, the four published books of the Bunduki and Dawn series are on Amazon Kindle now. Book 3 has a fight between Charole (love these fake names!) and a political rival. The description is rather brief and mostly summary, but the pre- and post-fight content is good. I quite liked it, esp. at the price.

[If you're like me and skim these garbage books looking for the fights, it's at the beginning, which is unusual for Edson. I had the book for a while without seeing it.]

Offline colt 45

• God Member
  • Old guy that has always loved mature ladies fighti
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2016, 02:25:57 AM »
Sheriff of Rockaby County and texas partners I think are more modern setting for Edson.  CAtfights in both

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »
1)  I've started writing a new series called "Emulous Women."  First two chapters are on the Story board.  It's kind of a combination of some material from Edson and Westworld (which is awesome).

2)  I recently got a copy of Whip and the Warlance, which is mentioned ... somewhere in this thread.  It's a topless fight with Calamity Jane, which is half-described (which parts are great) and half-summarized (which is not). It's also to the death and it involves a knife, which I don't like. What I do like is that Jane's opponent is Irene Beauville, who had a great fight with Belle Starr in Cards and Colts

Just fyi if any of our regulars are still looking at this thread!

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
1)  I've started writing a new series called "Emulous Women."  First two chapters are on the Story board.  It's kind of a combination of some material from Edson and Westworld (which is awesome).

2)  I recently got a copy of Whip and the Warlance, which is mentioned ... somewhere in this thread.  It's a topless fight with Calamity Jane, which is half-described (which parts are great) and half-summarized (which is not). It's also to the death and it involves a knife, which I don't like. What I do like is that Jane's opponent is Irene Beauville, who had a great fight with Belle Starr in Cards and Colts

Thanks for sharing!

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:22 AM »

The Cards and Colts catfight is epic in length.  But Belle Starr is in disguise as Olga Cheryashevsky.  I don't like how Belle Starr felt free to slip back and forth from outlaw to enforcer.  Show yourself, Belle.

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
I agree about the Cards and Colts fight as to its length and excellence.   As for Belle, the period of time depicted in these novels is a tumultuous one, and being a woman in those times doing the things she was doing made it more dangerous.   She only really trusted the small group of her friends she knew and was willing to shift alliances in order to protect herself and her friends.   

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
I agree about the Cards and Colts fight as to its length and excellence.   As for Belle, the period of time depicted in these novels is a tumultuous one, and being a woman in those times doing the things she was doing made it more dangerous.   She only really trusted the small group of her friends she knew and was willing to shift alliances in order to protect herself and her friends.   

....except I never get the impression Belle Starr is in disguise to protect herself.  She'll get into disguise, steal something, then see how the situation plays out.  If she can get away with the theft, she'll slip away with her loot.  If she can't, she'll play the hero and return the loot (preferably with an award).  It's always about her.  Calamity Jane and Belle Boyd at least risk themselves for others.

Offline maine516

• God Member
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
Nice to see some more current discussion on this topic.  I'm still collecting JT Edson's books but the well has dried up - I haven't found a really good catfight in some time.  I'm just finishing up with "Return To Backsight" which does not have a catfight.  If I find a hidden gem, I'll post it here.

The worst part for me about Belle Starr was having to read of her demise.  Mark Counter was intending to marry her so her character couldn't have been that bad.  For me, she was the sexiest and best-built of JT's ladies so I enjoyed that angle as well.

Offline colt 45

• God Member
  • Old guy that has always loved mature ladies fighti
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:36 PM »
Kindle is getting more and more Edson's on the list.  Some of the other than westerns he did.. Very cool and some good fights.  Also, some books I had never seen before.