News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Who's Ready for GLOW?

• 25 Replies

Offline polarbear

• God Member
Re: Who's Ready for GLOW?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »
I jut finished up episode 1 where the "unrehearsed catfight" happens. Needless to say, very disappointing in what it was. However, with that being said, I can understand why it was done the way it was. Just had high hopes for that scene!

Offline jaybee

• God Member
  • U know the best way to break up a catfight? DON'T
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
I jut finished up episode 1 where the "unrehearsed catfight" happens. Needless to say, very disappointing in what it was. However, with that being said, I can understand why it was done the way it was. Just had high hopes for that scene!

I skimmed through the season, and there doesn't seem to be much sexy material. In fact, I could even find the match from one of the trailers in any of the episodes - i.e. the one at 2:02 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xm1s4obgY0
I'm on episode 6. There has been some nudity and some sexy 80's leotard shots but no catfights or real wrestling yet (there was a nipple tweak during a brief match though :)). )Despite the lack of wrestling/catfights I actually like the show. I'm having fun trying to figure out who what actor is portraying. I don't think any of the actual GLOW girls will be represented by name but you can tell who some of the characters are supposed to be. Col. Ninotchka, and Americana are definitely being represented as well as Big Bad Mamma, Mt. Fiji, Hollywood and a few others. Again I'm interested in exactly how much of this story is true expecially the Americana and Ninotchka storyline.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:48:50 AM by jaybee »

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »

I skimmed through the season, and there doesn't seem to be much sexy material. In fact, I could even find the match from one of the trailers in any of the episodes - i.e. the one at 2:02 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xm1s4obgY0
I'm on episode 6. There has been some nudity and some sexy 80's leotard shots but no catfights or real wrestling yet (there was a nipple tweak during a brief match though :)). )Despite the lack of wrestling/catfights I actually like the show. I'm having fun trying to figure out who what actor is portraying. I don't think any of the actual GLOW girls will be represented by name but you can tell who some of the characters are supposed to be. Col. Ninotchka, and Americana are definitely being represented as well as Big Bad Mamma, Mt. Fiji, Hollywood and a few others. Again I'm interested in exactly how much of this story is true expecially the Americana and Ninotchka storyline.

Does the original Hollywood, Jeanne Hollywood Basone,  make an appearance?

Offline jaybee

• God Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »

Does the original Hollywood, Jeanne Hollywood Basone,  make an appearance?
No cameos from past performers unless they've changed so much I couldn't recognize them. There was definitely no Hollywood though. I give the series a thumbs up. There wasn't a lot of wrestling till the last 2 episodes with somewhat a main event at the end. It was basically about the characters personal lives with a rather surprising revelation in the final 2 episodes. I recommend it especially if you're a fan of Orange is the new black type series or GLOW itself.
Also on a side note I found the main character annoying as hell  >:(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:31:24 PM by jaybee »

Offline rin753

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 02:43:05 AM »

[/quote]

Like the recent movie CATFIGHT, this is a comedy.  Comedy, I tell ya.  A girl fight played for laughs will never ever ring my bell.

BTW, the fight at 2:02 in the trailer is in the very first episode.

Offline jaybee

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 04:58:04 AM »

Like the recent movie CATFIGHT, this is a comedy.  Comedy, I tell ya.  A girl fight played for laughs will never ever ring my bell.

BTW, the fight at 2:02 in the trailer is in the very first episode.
[/quote]
Apparently you are not familiar with the source material. GLOW has always been a ridiculous over the top comedy wrestling promotion. Only a handful of the girls throughout the shows entire run were actual athletes. Most were actresses who answered a casting call to put on a wrestling "show". It was never supposed  to be an adult oriented show granted most of the outfits were VERY revealing. It was almost like a live action cartoon with its colorful and over the top characters and stereotypes.

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »
To quote Rin, "Like the recent movie CATFIGHT, this is a comedy.  Comedy, I tell ya.  A girl fight played for laughs will never ever ring my bell."

BINGO!!! That's why I never liked GLOW!

Offline polarbear

• God Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 04:15:16 AM »
I just finished binge watching e4-10. Betty Giplin (Debbie) seems like she was born to wear leotards and tights! I'm definitely going to watch season 2 if there is a second season.

Offline wrestlinhose

• God Member
  • I love catfights and wrestling.
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 04:21:20 AM »
I binged watched the season this weekend and was happy with what I saw.

Offline polarbear

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
Announced yesterday that GLOW is getting renewed for a second season. Looking forward to season 2!

Offline gene smith

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
thanks for telling us
I CAN do I
I MUST do it
I WLL do it
Peter Cannon Thunderbolt