News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Idea for a new page for the FCF site...

• 27 Replies

Offline nancyoh2

Re: Idea for a new page for the FCF site...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »
yes , i think it would  be interesting , idea , with other's in so many time zones would be excitng too , add me :)
well  ,,, i've been in the site ,, for a long time ,,,,,  i love to wrestle submission matches ,,,,, apartment /catfights . i have made a few great friends in here ,,, a few have broke my heart ,,, have loved a few ,,,

Offline Emily Layne

• God Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »
I'm totally up for this!
My real life is always crazy busy. I started with email fights but having this section on the forum would be even better cause this way you can share the fight with the other members of the forum and they can add their comments.

I see it also a good idea for matches with multiple fighters involved. (Handicap matches, tag team matches etc etc)
They are always tough to perform in chat/trillian

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
We are looking into this idea. If it gets enough support we will look into setting it up. If we do it will be moderated the same way as everywhere else on the forum and chat room with the 10 mods and 3 admins that we already have.

Having said that we would also like to see more public matches in the chat room. If people dont want to do matches in the main chat room you can make your own rooms and invite ppl to watch on our the chat server.

Which is a wonderful idea, Devil, but the chat room is not the solution for people such as Mish, Bridgette, the Doll, or me, who are limited in the times we can be here, yet still want to create compelling, involved stories.  That's why I strongly encourage this proposed platform, and will be happy to do whatever is necessary to make it work.

Yeah clearly based on the 16 fight logs they have posted here alone they are too busy to spend time here since they are doing all those fights elsewhere. For fuck's sake people come bitching to Dan and i because they want us to drum up chat fights and everyone and their dog run to chatsy or trillian so fast it is like they are under orders to do so. We don't need to be undercut in public least of all by another member of the team.

if there is a legit concern over our upgraded chat other than "I will lose points with the owners of my yahoo group " let us know and we can deal with it. But I fail to see how some people can have time to do it in trillian or chatsy but not in FCF chat.

Also, posting support for this under multiple IDs isn't cool. If you have time to do that surely you have time to fight here too. (no names unless it keeps happening ). Granted since a fair number of these, like poll fights, will likely be someone versus themselves to show off their writing skill, maybe it is appropriate ;D

Not something I support or feel is needed since clearly people have the time, just not the will. I would put it as a sub section of chat fight logs myself.

Honestly, I see the comparison between what is being asked for and the chat room to be kind of an apples and oranges comparison.  For me, the times I'm able to do chat fights come in spurts and even then a fair amount of the logs I've posted have been edited to remove the fact that the fights occurred over a series of sessions and not in one huge lump of time. 

That being said I would compare this request to the polls instead.  Basically what is being requested is a set up similar to the poll fights just without the voting. Something actually similar to the Cat, Wrestle or Sexfight the Person Above You thread in Clique Wars where people could pop in when they have the chance and post moves without having to worry about fitting it in during a week or catering to poll voters. 

I could see it being a separate subsection of chat fight logs as well.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 12:16:51 AM »
Red, don't confuse my comments as a debate over if the proposed format is valid. It is more me expressing offence on behalf of a colleague who likely would have said something he regretted, whereas I have never much cared what people here think of me. :P  In the end this existing or not doesn't affect me beyond another thing to admin since I have no interest in reading cyber fights or stories.

Chances are we will do something with this idea sooner or later.  I would just ask that people not ask the mods to be constantly changing posts for them, since I could see that happening.

Offline michellecatfites

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:48 AM »
We are looking into this idea. If it gets enough support we will look into setting it up. If we do it will be moderated the same way as everywhere else on the forum and chat room with the 10 mods and 3 admins that we already have.

Having said that we would also like to see more public matches in the chat room. If people dont want to do matches in the main chat room you can make your own rooms and invite ppl to watch on our the chat server.

From my POV the way the chatroom works isn't good for public fights. There is now too much IRC code mixed in. Here is what I mean....
lumberjack66 has joined
? freecatfights.com set mode +v lumberjack66
? peggy has joined
? freecatfights.com set mode +v peggy
? annfights has quit (Quit: http://www.freecatfights.com/ - The best forums and chatroom) This just wastes screen space.

The other issue is what I call "Goodnight Johnboy" All the hellos...how are yas...goodnights makes a public cyber take three times the time.

The third issue, having tried to do public fight a couple of times myself is if people aren't interested, they just go on chatting like the fighters aren't even there.

Fourth is the poison pill where people purposely find ways to annoy and distract from the action.

Mish's idea to use a forum eliminates each and everyone of these issues.

I'm sure there will be attempts to intrude, but with a simple click, those poison pills can be deleted within seconds. This will mean mods have to perhaps deal with these issues.

Offline michellecatfites

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 04:53:09 AM »
Yeah clearly based on the 16 fight logs they have posted here alone they are too busy to spend time here since they are doing all those fights elsewhere. For fuck's sake people come bitching to Dan and i because they want us to drum up chat fights and everyone and their dog run to http://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?action=chat or trillian so fast it is like they are under orders to do so. We don't need to be undercut in public least of all by another member of the team.

If there is a legit concern over our upgraded chat other than "I will lose points with the owners of my yahoo group " let us know and we can deal with it. But I fail to see how some people can have time to do it in trillian or chatsy but not in FCF chat.

Also, posting support for this under multiple IDs isn't cool. If you have time to do that surely you have time to fight here too. (no names unless it keeps happening ). Granted since a fair number of these, like poll fights, will likely be someone versus themselves to show off their writing skill, maybe it is appropriate ;D

Not something I support or feel is needed since clearly people have the time, just not the will. I would put it as a sub section of chat fight logs myself.

WOW cant believe I'm agreeing with what Meg said.

However there are a few things I'd like to point out. I already stated the advantages in the technical ways http://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?action=chat and Trillian work. They can archive, here you have to copy and paste manually. The other issue is people can come in at the mid point of a match and go back over some of the text. Mish's idea fixes these 2 issues. 

Just for an FYI...Trillian attempts at public fights don't do much better.  I'm in 4 group chats totaling over 80 people. In 9 months that generated exactly 1 public fight. Most activity lasts the first 2 days then it dies.

There is one idea only 1 person made passing mention of and so far its pretty much been ignored.  The idea that there are so many people who are just looking for a good technical place to fight in public is simply wrong. Teen Tussle said it best, people are shy about aspects of doing a full circle fight. People have to expose many quirks, kinks, fetishes for all to see. You can't "drum up" fights on that scale. There are many however willing to. Those people would benefit from this idea because it frees up their own creativity.

One last thing. If ya'all mods are so smart about this idea of multiple ID's and know they exist and who they are, it's your own fault for not getting rid of them. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:35:30 AM by BigDevil- »

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »

From my POV the way the chatroom works isn't good for public fights. There is now too much IRC code mixed in. Here is what I mean....
lumberjack66 has joined
? freecatfights.com set mode +v lumberjack66
? peggy has joined
? freecatfights.com set mode +v peggy
? annfights has quit (Quit: http://www.freecatfights.com/ - The best forums and chatroom) This just wastes screen space.

The other issue is what I call "Goodnight Johnboy" All the hellos...how are yas...goodnights makes a public cyber take three times the time.

The third issue, having tried to do public fight a couple of times myself is if people aren't interested, they just go on chatting like the fighters aren't even there.

Fourth is the poison pill where people purposely find ways to annoy and distract from the action.

Mish's idea to use a forum eliminates each and everyone of these issues.

I'm sure there will be attempts to intrude, but with a simple click, those poison pills can be deleted within seconds. This will mean mods have to perhaps deal with these issues.

As far as all the irc code goes you can get rid of most of that by going to the settings which are the gears on the top right of the chat room clcik on messages and take remove the check in Join/part channel notifications. Also it is very easy to create private rooms on our server which would get rid of anyone talking during the match. On our server you can PM people in the private rooms unlike some of the other places also the person who creates the room has more control as in being mods of the room.

At any rate we will be discussing this idea.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
Like BD said most of technical  issues can be worked out using rooms or a few changes to settings. And having done a more than a few fight logs back in the day I can tell you copy and paste is just as effective and fast as the archiving system. And I spent as much time editing each for posting.  Someone wanted to see the fight that came in mid fight.. copy..paste..pm it.

And multiple ids are fine. Many people have them and never abuse them. And until they are abused we usually aren't sure. Everyone on the same cell network in 100 miles would have the same IP as me. But when they also complain about the same person or support the same thing, then you raise the eyebrows. If someone wants a boxing ID and a wrestling ID, who cares. But if they want to get someone in trouble by reporting them under all five of their IDs then we have an issue.

And  I don't think you realize that my comments on people refusing to do public fights here isn't based on thinking everyone wants to do them. It is based on the people who are more than willing to advertise a public fight they are having elsewhere, some of them daily. And we can never get a good answer from them since they usually run the second a mod messages them.

Personally i am glad I got experience good cyber fighters who were creative in chat. Social, spontaneous, emotionally investing and a team effort. Most of what I see today seems more like cold  technical writing dominated by whoever gets their story done their way first. So today I don't miss a thing.

LIke BD said the idea is under discussion and how to implement it.

Offline Thai Doll May

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
I would totally support this! There are times like others have mentioned I only have time to make a 5 minute post rather than spend 3 hours of my day locked to trillian.

On the same subject, as things are at the moment how would I go about creating such a match topic for a public fight? Would it be in clique wars section?

Offline Mari-Angelina

• God Member
  • Good things come in small packages!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »
lets do this!!!  I don't have trillian nor am i on for more than 20 min at a time, so this would be great for doing matches!!!!

Offline BustyTiffany35

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:57 PM »
I LOVE this idea! I like making my Poll Fights as interactive for my opponents as possible, and I do like using the voting to dictate the course of the fight. But Poll Fights can get really deflating too - so many times the other gal can't really participate due to timezone differences or irl happenings or just chooses to not even. And then when ya try to fashion the fight and your actions to the voting, the voting itself could get so lopsided that it doesn't really matter. These are some of the reasons why I kinda held back on doing Poll Fights lately.

But at least with Mish' idea, things will be a lot more direct - you'll face off with others who WANT to participate in a fight. The fights won't be dictated by voting, and the timezone problem is solved because y'all can write your turns whenever ya find the time. Again, I am all for this idea!

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
We set the new board as a subsection of the chat fight logs section. https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?board=28.0
We are going to try it on a trial basis to see how it goes. The same rules that apply on the rest of the forum and chat room will apply there too.

Have fun and tussle.

Offline lauren_hall

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 08:02:48 PM »
I have an idea for a new Category (page) on the site, and wanted to see if 1) other members had an interest in it, and 2) it were realistically possible to add it to the site.

I’m thinking of an Interactive Fights page, where two opponents could fight “live” in public via posts, inviting support and comments from readers as the fight progresses.  It would be unlike a Chatroom Fight, in that it would not have to be started and completed in one sitting, but be able to stretch out over a week or so (whatever the opponents chose, maybe up to 10 days maximum).

Unlike a Poll Fight, it would not be about votes, which, as most of us know, rarely equate to the  quality of the posts or the direction of the fight.  And finally, it would be unlike the Chat Fight logs, as those are completed fights that are not interactive.

As an added bonus, an Interactive Fights page also offers a venue for fighters from significantly different time zones to match up publicly.

Some might say, why not just set up a poll and lock the voting for the entire time?  I’d respond that the Poll pages are specifically for polls, the readers who frequent the poll fights WANT to vote, and the interactive fights would probably draw a bit of a different crowd.

Anyway, I thought I’d float the idea, and if there were enough interest, maybe it is something the FCF Admins might consider adding.

Keep on punching!!  :)

I LOVE this idea. Particularly as my time is limited to sit and write matches at the moment.