News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Live from the O2 Arena featuring Red Enforcer and Punky

• 54 Replies

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Re: Live from the O2 Arena featuring Red Enforcer and Punky
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 11:19:09 PM »
The fork squealed across the plate with a sound that makes your teeth hurt as Megan snatched up her peri-peri with the gusto of a bear catching salmon in a river. 

I've seen some sights that will make your eyes bug out and your jaw slacken.  The Giant Rat of Sumatra, Weng Chiang's homunculus, someone pulling the mask off the Lone Ranger, the first half of the first level of F.E.A.R (because that's as far as I got when I turned it off), cats and dogs sleeping together, some real end of days shit...but none of it, and I mean none of it could prepare you for the sight of Megan Dow, a hungry Megan Dow, attacking a plate of food at Nando's.

I also have to add that Megan wasn't in the best of moods at that Welsh Nando's when she found out that their menu was slightly different than the one she was used to. Sure she got her boneless peri-peri breast, an order of livers and macho peas, but they didn't have her blackberry Izze. The waiter looked at me when she ordered it and honestly I've never heard of an Izze either. I did save that poor sap from finding out what a Tongan Death Grip feels like when he asked her if that was a real drink.  And here I was feeling sorry for myself for having to get a Sprite instead of a Pepsi like I wanted. Of course I've never wanted to disengage someone's jaw from their skull for not having a drink.  But Megan was in a mood.

You know how when you're a kid and your parents would say something like "Let's get Ice Cream" or "How about I get you a toy after school" or something like that. Then weird things come up like the water heater breaks, a relative needs a loan or something and that one thing you've been looking forward to doesn't happen? Yeah it's a kick in the teeth. Now Megan's been going stir fucking crazy since Paris. Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder levels of Stir Crazy.  And when I appeared, it looked like that dream of performing in London was gonna happen. And to reward me, she had her mind set on Nando's. I'm not sure if she'd ever been to the one in this town, which I would try to spell but would get wrong and neither Rhod Gilbert nor Rob Brydon are here proofreading for me, so I'll pass, but they didn't have the Izze. Sure it's just a drink, but in her current mindset Megan is so close to London, she can taste it. And if one little thing doesn't go right, it's like the whole thing is gonna collapse.

And that's why I'm here. To let her know this whole thing isn't a house of cards. It's the house made of brick. But to do that, I need to first make sure we're not arrested for assault. I see the flash of anger in Megan's hazel eyes (lemme tell you, green and brown in that kind of mix is different and stunning) and I just watch. When her arm shoots up towards the waiter, I use the flat of my palm to intercept the underhand curl of her hand. 

She immediately twisted her wrist 180 degrees and had her hand palm down. I brought my fingers together to a point like an eagle's beak (not a chicken, Megan, a fuckin' majestic eagle) and jabbed it into her palm.  She clamped her fingers down on my hand and brought her other arm swinging around at me now. I catch her swinging arm at the wrist with my free arm held up like I'm making my bicep flex. At the same time, I make my eagle's beak into a fist and twist to get out of her hand grip. Her eyes meet mine and I grin.

"So, your Wu Tang style has improved" I say with overexaggerated lip movements.

"I have trained until the moon chased the sun from the sky" she said seriously, or as seriously as she could while her shoulders were twitchting.

"You have brought honor to your family. I salute you" and I did with a short bow.

She lost it there.  I mean, when I go full on Kung Fu Theater with my Filipino looking face that's dotted with freckles, I kinda look like a slimmer ProZD. And if you think a Shaolin fist fight in a Nando's is a bit much for the story we're telling, what the fuck have you been reading up to now? 

That broke the tension a bit. But when the food came and she had to drink some berry Rubro ("It's a damn Izze knockoff Reddy!") she wasn't completely calm. So when I say she attacked her food, think Tasmanian Devil, the Warner Brothers classic Looney Toon not the "updated" version that actually talks in coherent words. I watched her go after that food and gutter mind that I am,  I had a sudden tinge of worry for her wife.

[In Wales, we see Gemma pause for a moment like she's going to sneeze. But instead she places her right hand between her legs and grips. "Aww, someone's thinking dirty thoughts about me."  ]

Oh, yeah, my food. I was a bit peaked so I got myself a whole chicken,  some creamy mash and some chips. I'm mostly a carnivore. And if you think it's sacrilegious that I would go to a Nando's and not get anything peri-peri, I would just like to point out the lovely 12 inch scar that starts about midway in my abs, circles around my belly button and stops just above my...err bikini line. The other thing Brock Lesnar and I have in common besides wrestling is we both had bouts of diverticulitis. That scar is my reminder of how bad that could be.  So I try to avoid things that could explode my intestines any more than they've already been.

Besides, the Irish side of me just really loves potatoes. 

Anyways, I take a leg off my whole chicken and start eating and take advantage of the fact that Megan is engaged in very serious consumption of mass quantities to finally get a fucking word in edgewise about this whole subject she brought up out of nowhere when I'm thinking about wrestling.

"So about Jenny.  I just don't know. There's so many reasons just to let it go."

"Nid yw hyn yn Gymraeg"

"You know, with your mouth full of food it sounds like you're speaking Welsh. But no, I'm not forgetting what you told me in the car. I understand that. Shall I go on with my list of reasons?"

"Mae cyfieithu Google yn beth hwyl i'w ddefnyddio, ond rwy'n gobeithio nad ydych chi'n gwastraffu eich amser yn edrych i fyny."

"Look, I know you think it's a waste of time, but lemme tell you what I'm thinking. First, I really don't know how Jenny feels about me. I mean,
 that whole kiss could just be spur of the moment thing, emotions all rushing in at once or even just an attempt to put on a show. Hell, I haven't even heard from Jenny since that whole thing. She's busy travelling around, although she somehow got my mask from R...got my mask back for me. And all the promoter would tell me was that she was unavailable for the rematch. So I had time to come here. I dunno. Maybe I'd feel better if I heard from her."

Megan was carving up the livers ok, but when I almost slipped up, she dragged her knife hard on the plate, so much so the entire Nando's went quiet and groaned. But she recovered. And continued eating. When I was sure she wasn't going to stab me with said knife, I continued.

"Second. There's Sadie.  Yes I know Sadie hasn't been around very much either and she's pretty much retired from the wrestling scene, but she's still a big part of my heart. I've known that little spitfire for years. Hell just this past Valentine's Day she sent me a letter that melted my heart. I don't know if I'm ready to..I dunno, not give up...move on? I don't know what to call it. Sadie and I have never had a normal relationship. It's something deeper. She knows I play with other women and I know she has fun with other guys, but when we're together, we're together you know.
  And we're still the reigning, defending FCF Mixed Tag Team Champions of the World. So...

"Sounds like you got some real Betty and Veronica shit going on there Reddy. Whoa, I'm speaking English. I must be almost done with my food.  Hey Garcon! I need some dessert here!"

I sighed and put my head on my hands. This was all a big swirl of emotion and desire and craziness all wrapped up in one. Hell it felt like I was turning into the protagonist of one of those anime harem stories.  That or caught up in the B plot of some completely wacky Road movie. I started munching away on my chips when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen started playing. I grinned big because it reminded me of an article Sadie sent me a few years back saying that this song may be the most up beat song ever.

"Who the hell put this on?"

"It's on random."
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
  • I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 05:49:17 AM »
"They're lucky I fucking love that food so fucking much or I'd have destroyed that whole god-damn place."

Reddy tilted his head and looked at me funny as we roared away from Wrexham and down a road I arbitrarily picked because it seemed to be heading away from Wales. Like everyone else who lives in Wales, I'd had more than enough Wales. Behind us there was the faint cry of those weird British sirens. Well behind us. I was really puttin' my foot down and seeing what the Lexus could do with its monstrously overpowered and ludicrously expensive German engine. I always like driving fast after a good meal. It has a real Holden Caulfield feel to it. Plus it was a good time to be driving fast in any direction leading away from Nando's, I felt. For totally normal post-prandial reasons.

"You smashed the jukebox with a chair."

I rolled my shoulders, flapping a hand dismissively as I goosed the Lex in a roaring slalom past a bin lorry.

"It was fuckin' broken already, OBVIOUSLY. It wouldn't stop playin' Queen!"

"It was on random and the album that was randomly picked was 'Best of Queen'."

I snorted.

"Look, s'like this - it MIGHTA been broken, but now it DEFINITELY is and that'll make it easier to fix. I just CLARIFIED the issue for 'em."

Red nodded thoughtfully.

"You also superkicked that busboy."

I grit my teeth.

"HE KNEW WHERE THE IZZE WAS AN' HE WASN'T TALKIN'."

"And what made you think the busboy knew where your weird bubbly soda drink was when the counter girl said they didn't have it?"

"What am I, the fucking Shadow? I don't fuckin' know what secrets lurk in the minds of assholes. But he had a LOOK in his beady little eyes."

"Was it fear, maybe, darlin'? Because you were yelling at him?"

I glowered, looking fiercely at Reddy and swerving around a handful of schoolbuses to a chorus of youthful screams as the bus drivers unnecessarily panicked and swerved to get out my way. Bus drivers are always such fuckin' pussies.

"I WAS YELLING FOR PERFECTLY VALID REASONS."

"Because they didn't have blackberry Iz-"

"BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE FUCKIN' BLACKBERRY IZZE WHICH IS LISTED ON THE GOD-DAMN WEBSITE AS ONE OF THEIR DRINKS AN' ALSO THE JUKEBOX WAS PLAYING QUEEN AN' ALSO ..."

I gritted my teeth and torqued my fists on the wheel, jerking around a caravanner and setting their little comedic stickers flapping in the breeze.

"... YOU reminded me how fucking DUMB you are about girls."

I jabbed a finger at Reddy, meaning I was driving one-handed and also hot-eyed with rage, but that's basically my standard 10 and 2.

"Your fuckin' MASK ..." I gritted my teeth even harder, hearing little crunching sounds like porcelain cups rolling together in an overloaded dishwasher, and boy was Gemma upset when we found out what THAT sounded like, not least of all because she didn't even know there was a dishwasher in the house where I could find it.

"... how THE FUCK, after everything she's fucking done to you, do you go back to H-" I snapped the words off like a radio, and when Reddy started to talk I reached out and firmly clapped my hand over his mouth, glaring straight ahead through the windshield for a few long moments. A few slow, deep steadying breaths clarified me, and when I started talking again, it was about what I was really worried about.

"Do ya REALLY wanna know why I think Jenny'd be good for you, Reddy?"

His eyebrows went up, but he couldn't say anything since I still had his mouth clamped shut.

"And if you lick my hand I'm gonna fish-hook your nose even if it means crashin' the fucking car. It's because Jenny could put a fucking stop to this Enforcer Muyo shit."

He gave me a bit of puppy dog eyes with honest confusion in them, and I glared and then released his mouth, stroking his cheek with soft fingers and giving him a long considering look that almost got us killed as I roared through an intersection in Saltney, horns politely blaring in mortal terror in our wake.

"Ya give too much to too many, ya big ol' soft-hearted lug."

I ruffled his thicket of curly red hair and resumed driving two-handed just in time to swerve onto the A483 with a squeal of tires, since obviously 483 has always been my lucky number.

"An' I don't want any more bitches taking chunks of your heart since I've got fuckin' dibs on some. Now, if Sadie has managed to settle her hash down an' maybe found some real pants to wear that occasionally cover more than 40% of her ass, I might consider her to be worth your time, too. Whoever it is, they just gotta take care of you."

I grinned and stroked my thumb softly along his cheekbone, cradling his handsome doofy face in one hand as cars whipped past in inconsequential panic and chaos bloomed behind us like beautiful foxgloves blossoming behind the trailing gown of a faerie queen.

"Whoever you end up with, they gotta love you like ya deserve. You big goof."

I slapped the wheel with both hands suddenly, glancing back to make sure the bobbies hadn't caught up. There seemed to be a lot of hubbub behind us, but I didn't see those silly blue lights, so I whomped the accelerator's candy ass and floored it, ripping through Chester faster than the Celts had ever gone through the old Roman walled city. We didn't have time to appreciate the Grosvenor Museum, though, both because we were running at a solid 241 km/h AND because we both had to distract ourselves from being too sappy, so I decided it was time to play some our Famous Road Trip Games?.

I fucking love road trip games. I love everything about road trips. The food, the music, the loud singing, the vicious arguments, the occasional death-defying bits of rough-housing in the car, the novelty t-shirts, the roadside attractions ... and one thing I love more than almost anything is road trip games. I Spy, Six Degrees, I Am Going On A Trip, The Alphabet Game, License Plate Bingo, Zitch Dog, Cow Poker ...

... and I can really only play them with Red. Gemma mostly hates those games, and Calli will play them but she and I get so intensely competitive that we've never gotten through a game of I Spy without coming to blows. But Reddy and I? We can play for fucking ever. So I start us off. I just hold up one finger, and hear Reddy drag his hand over his eyes and snort his nose clear of sniffles, which I intentionally don't notice.

"Barry Horowitz."

Reddy doesn't even need a second.

"Hulk Hogan."

"Oooh, reverse -"

We say reverse even though there's only two of us. It's the rules of the Name Game.

"- fuckin' fine. Horace Hogan."

"Oh, c'mon! He was barely a wrestler! Fine, reverse. Hakushi."

"Watch it with the one-words, ya nerd! Henry O. Godwinn!"

"Better. Gorgeous George."

"REVERSE! Old bastard. Betcha mean that chick who hung around with Savage."

Red just grinned. And I continued.

"Greg Gagne!"

He winced as if slapped.

"Why're we STARTING at the bottom of the barrel? REVERSE. Greg Valentine."

"Oh, fuckin' dirty pool. Villano V!"

"No WAY do Roman numerals count as a reverse!"

And the miles just rolled away under us like a fuckin' magic carpet, even though the signs were in kilometers. I'm not sure where we were headed, even looking back. And looking back, it doesn't matter at all, and it didn't matter then. I was on the road with my fuckin' road buddy, and my knee didn't hurt too much, and wrestling is fucking fun.

... and I was full of fried livers and macho peas. Mmmm. Macho peas.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »
Timing is everything. There's a famous quote by....somebody

(Hell if you wanna know who just take your mouse and click and highlight the text and Copy it and paste it into Google. Why are you expecting me to hand feed everything to you. Sheesh. Active reading!)

..that goes "The difference between comedy and tragedy is timing."  That is very true when dealing with a certain boisterous purple haired vixen with borderline homicidal tendencies. The difference between Megan and Sabu at times is that Sabu tends to destroy his own body. Megan will destroy yours.   

So I knew now was not the time to point out to Megan that while her beloved Blackberry Izze's were on the website menu for Nando's, she needed to switch over to the menu for the Welsh Nando's and not the ones in America.

I did fell bad for the jukebox. I fucking love Queen. Ever since I saw them perform on Saturday Night Live (yes I stayed up late for that when I wasn't allowed, and gawd damn even in black and white [You youngins may not know this but there was a time when televisions didn't come with color. {Oh and by the way, nested parenthetical statements are fun, but always remember to end them in the correct order or stuff might not compile.}])  I was hooked. The Flash Gordon soundtrack is on my top five all time greatest movie soundtracks. (Purple Rain, Batman [The Tim Burton/Michael Keaton one], The Empire Strikes Back and The Big Chill round out my list, although mother fuck that Black Panther soundtrack kicks some serious ass too.)  And their performance at Live Aid was just spectacular.  So I felt bad that that jukebox got smashed because Megan didn't get her Izze drink. I sent a text to Gemma to ask what the shipping address was to Rox Manor so I could send Megan a case which'll be waiting for her when we're done in London, so psst, don't spoil the surprise and tell her. (HA FUCK YOU RYAN REYNOLDS! I fourth wall break so hard, I'm slamming into that fifth wall. That makes no sense Reddy.  Megan! Stop horning in on my meta jokes! Come on! You're the one who said make this more funny! Yeah, I did *burp* but read back. Is this shit really that funny?  *grumbles* Hey look, Kenny Omega and Ibushi are doing a Shatter Machine on Alexa Bliss! What? Where!?! *dashes off*)

So where was I?
Oh yeah. the purple swath of destruction at Nando's. I felt so bad for that busboy. I think his name was Stan. That boot flew up over his dishware tub and caught him square in the jaw. I was impressed that she could extend her bum leg that far. Of course, if she had full extension, Stan would have no teeth.

Then she wheeled on me and started in on my fortune with women. I thought she was actually going to talk about you know who for a moment when she wanted to yell at me about my mask.

Losing my mask...

That should never have happened. I was just looking in on...Ro...her. She's trying too hard to come back, to prove herself. And she just had to show me she still had her gifts and skills. To drive home the point, she took my mask. I don't know how Jenny got it back for me. That thing is a whole 'nother story. And it'll be told somewhere else because we're having fun here.

Megan complains about me giving too much to too many. I honestly don't know how to be any other way. I doubt very seriously we would have hit it off or be as close as we are if I weren't that way. So sure, things get confusing and there's a small circle of women I'd run through hell for and chances are they'll hurt me because we're all human. We all fail. It happens. What proves how much you care for someone is acknowledging you failed them and working on making things right. I guess I was born a troubleshooter. I'm always trying to fix things. Hell, in another life I'd probably be just another voice on the end of a call support line talking you through your issues and helping things get fixed. It's how I'm wired.

But here Megan was trying to give me advice on how to fix me.

And that's another reason I love her so much. She's willing to look me in the face and smack me around when I'm being stupid because she thinks I deserve better. I can't get it in her head that having a friend like her is better.  But I find other ways to help her out when she needs me. Which is why I'm in this car that's feeling a bit more cramped with a belly full of Nando's, whizzing about at speeds that would make Andy Green say "whoa, slow down there," heading for a London ring so this marvelously crazy woman can have her time in the spotlight that she so richly deserves.

Even if she can be a judgmental, obnoxious, loud piece of work. She is who she is and that's good enough for me.

(HA! We're back on the emotive squash match now! I'm putting you over, Megan!)(And yes that's a personal joke that only Megan will get, but fuck it, this is our story.)

And she loves road games. (Please excuse the sniffles.) Oh my fucking gawd. (Side note, I honestly didn't used to cuss this much. Dad wouldn't stand for it while I was a child. But somehow being around Megan has made me a little more....colorful in my metaphors.)

Road games are what we in caveman times used to do to pass time during long car rides when there was no Internet, no smartphones, no satellite radios.  Believe it or not, there were times when you would ride along and if your cassette player (small rectangular devices with magnetic tape that would spool over receivers and play music...you know, the Dark Ages.) wasn't working you either played road games or sat in silence.  First time I played a road game was as a kid with my dad on a trip north to see my grandpa. Grandpa Enforcer loved music and salt water taffy. That's pretty much all I remember from that trip. That and the cold.  Well other than the road games. We'd play license plate bingo, I spy, but the best was the Name Game.

So on a trip in the mountains of North Carolina, I think around the Boone area, I stopped the 8 track and tapped Megan and said "Dusty Rhodes".

It took her about two seconds before her eyes lit up and she said "Roddy Piper".  We've been doing the road games thing ever since.

In this go round I had to call her out.

No, you can't say "The Undertaker" for T. Nope, No way

Bullshit! That is his actual name on the WWE website!

Like hell it is, he's listed as Undertaker

You're wrong, Reddy. The Undertaker.

If that's true you already lost. Because "The" Big Bossman won't work for B. Brian Blair...unffffff

She won said argument with a backhand to my sternum.

Say Reddy, I think..I think we may be heading north.

*koff koff*  Well fuck. I hate the North.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:48:18 PM by RedEnforcer »

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »
"It's not THAT North, Reddy. I think. I mean, they had civil wars here but it was for something else."

"Not the economic oppression of the industrialized Northern plutocrats in the War of Northern Aggression?"

"... no, I think it was something about churches. Like maybe if they were allowed to serve wine or not. Some sort of liquor licensing debate."

"Alcohol causes so many unnecessary fights."

"That's silly. There's no such thing as an unnecessary fight."

For the record, Reddy was mostly kidding about the War of Northern Aggression stuff. Mostly. I don't know a lot of men as open-minded as he is, and I can confirm firsthand that he's as gentle, sweet, and thoughtful a man as has ever been born. But still, he's from south of the Mason-Dixon, and there's some damnyankee in every bloodline in the South. It's just how they're raised. I was just lucky I had so much Badlands hick in me - it gave us some commonalities, like an appreciation for manners (I DO FUCKING SO HAVE MANNERS, SHUT THE FUCK UP) and a taste for fried eggs in butter, and a mistrust of fancy assholes. I realize I live with my rich wife in a huge old Welsh manor home, but if you've ever seen how Gemma lives when the cameras aren't on her, you'd know she's not a fancy bitch. But the important thing is -

- wait, where was I going with this.

"Gretna Green?"

"OH SHIT WE'RE IN SCOTLAND."

Repeating the infamous words of Guy, Count of Namur in the Battle of Boroughmuir, I quickly screeched to a halt in the middle of the scenic village - and in the middle of a flurry of young newlyweds. Gretna Green was kinda like the Scottish Las Vegas, but with less topless showgirls; a place to come for quick scenic weddings when you didn't want your family to know you were getting hitched. And something about anvils, I dunno. Anyway, the little lovebirds flocked the fuck out of the way of my slaloming Lexus LFA as white as a fuckin' diamond snowbank, scattering a litter of flower petals, veils, and cheap Scottish wedding licenses behind them as they dove for dear life. I whipped the back end around and left a thick black patch in front of Ye Olde Blacksmith's Shoppe, where presumably they sold some of their surplus of extra letter Es, and burned rubber back the other way.

I think. I burned rubber in SOME direction or another. Out of Gretna Green, at least, leaving angry and terrified couples behind me as I do at so many weddings. We had to keep going. There was more road to ride, and more jokes to tell and more stories to share and more laughs and more fond cuddles (which are incredibly dangerous at the speeds we were going, but that's never stopped me from cuddling before and won't now) and more food at some point. And some beer. We were gonna need some beer if we were gonna keep driving. That'd mean Reddy would have to drive, since he doesn't drink and I don't fucking drink and drive - not even I'M that kinda crazy - but it'd be his turn by the time we got to a point where I needed me a beer. But the important thing - the CRUCIAL thing - is that we had to get back on track. It was time to start thinking about the match to come. This was the O2 Arena! The biggest venue I'm gonna have ever worked in - even bigger than Budokan! Which I'm not allowed into any more! Not since the incident, at least.

We don't speak of the Budokan incident.

But we needed to get to London, get the ring rust worked out, get our entrances set with the production team, get the final contracts affirmed, get ready for the meet and greets. A supershow is a HUGE fucking affair. It lives and breathes and eats, and you gotta feed the beast. We have shit to DO. It's time to get on the right road, get southbound, and make our way to London with no further wacky hijinx.

Not even one.

And smash cut to -

"You have the manners of a goat and you smell like a dung-heap. And you've no knowledge whatsoever of your potential!"

The fucking old bastard with the fancy little mustache and the triangle soul pattch and the big plumed hat was coming after me with a god-damn sword. WHY DID HE HAVE A BIG GOD-DAMN SWORD.

Meanwhile, Reddy was grappling with some long-haired dude who seriously looked familiar. I can't remember how we got to A'Ghaidhealtachd, because while I was seriously focusing on getting to London I kinda got sidetracked telling Reddy about one of the unreleased videos from my "Punky By Night" series that featured an apartment match with Sadie and how NEITHER of us really used much of our traditional in-ring moveset although we did do some REALLY creative things with whipped cream ..

... anyway, it was hard to focus, and now we're here among these rocky crags with a storm-torn sky overhead and a ruined castle looming on the cliffs above us and these two assholes attacking us on their way to a fancy dress party. I don't even know why they're so uppity. I just asked the older one where he got those tights because I wanted something that showed off my ass like those did his saggy buns.

And maybe a few other words were exchanged, but he still didn't need to come after me with a SWORD just because I interrupted him and his boytoy doing some fucking LARPing!

So the older one rears back with a thrust that telegraphs more than Emily Layne going for a right hook and lunges, and I skip out of the way with a little creak of my knee brace. His sword hits one of the many jagged stones, scattering a shower of sparks, and as he's staggering off that I snake in behind him, dipping my head under his sword arm. My right hand drops, hooking under his right knee and hoisting it up, leaving his fancy swashed boot flopping in the air and I sling my left arm around his skinny old shoulders. With a growl and a pulse of pain in my knee, I HOIST the old fuck up and get his boots pointed at the sky, kicking my feet out from under me and DRIVING him back and down as I PLANT his ancient bones into the stony heath with a MINDFUCK. He folds up like a cheap suit with a crackle of dusty ligaments and flops over to his face, the sword clattering away on the stones as I roll my hips and come staggering up to my feet, leaning over to have a little conversation with him.

"YOU SMELL LIKE OLD MAN FARTS AND CHEAP WHISKEY, YOU SACK OF HOKEY SHIT! LET'S SEE YOU COME BACK TO LIFE AFTER THAT ONE!"

Reddy and the long-haired guy are still grappling when Red suddenly stops, holding the guy in a hammerlock and leans over his shoulder, looking intently at him.

"Connor MacLeod?"

"What? No! I'm Christopher Lambert!"

"Oh. Oh shit. MEGAN. I THINK YOU JUST KILLED SEAN CONNERY."

"What? PFFFT, no. These dudes are fuckin' magic like in the movie."

I thudded my Wolverine into the facedown old man, and his form barely twitched. I bit my lip in slight concern.

"... well, he shouldn't have fuckin' slapped me. But, uh." I poked him one more time with my boot and got nothing but a little burbling sound that might've been a collapsed lung. "Let's get outta here anyway. We're like 531 miles from where we need to be."

"Should we call the police?"

"Nah. This is fictional. It's not in their jurisdiction."
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
Just so you know, I have an amazing Foghorn Leghorn impersonation. I usually only bring it out when I say "Wahr of Nahthen Aggression" or something similar.  As far as being a Southerner goes, I was born and raised in the Carolinas, yes. However Dad was from the North (albeit a very country part) and Mom was from a Pacific Island. So I have no romantic feelings about the Civil War...well unless you mean the Marvel Comics one. In that case I think the movie version was waaaaay better than the comic book version. Anyways, I nearly lost my shit when Megan called the historical conflicts in Britain a "liquor licensing debate."  (Also for the record, I was raised Irish Catholic, so yeah I'm a mess of contradictions.)

And somehow we end up in Scotland.  Land of kilts and bagpipes.  But it's really more than that. Sidenote, I bet you didn't realize a lot of the Southern/Appalachian accent in America comes from a major influence of Scots.  After the battle of Culloden in 1746, a huge wave of Highland Scots migrated over to North Carolina in particular. And every year since 1956, they've had Highland Games up on Grandfather Mountain.  So there's a bit of me that feels the call of this area. As a matter of fact, since we mentioned Queen a bit back, one of my favorite movies was Highlander which had the bitchin' Princes of the Universe song as a theme. Between that and some really cool Shaw Brothers movies, I used to love having a "sword" or "staff" to fight with as a kid. 

So, you can just imagine my surprise and awe when we run into LARPers doing the full Highlander. I was having fun with the "Connor" when I hear the familiar sounds of Megan giving someone a Mindfuck.  And she's yelling at him. That's when I look and holy shit, this isn't a LARPer.  He breaks character enough for me to realize we've shattered the Hikita-Banzai barrier effectively destroying the 8th wall.  I get up with Megan and we work on getting the hell outta there and she reminds me of something when she says "Nah. This is fictional. It's not in their jurisdiction."

Fuck.

That means more than likely, she's gonna show up. And I can't run out on this.

I slow and then turn, heading back to the mostly dead body of Ramirez when I see the flash announcing her arrival.

"When I saw the level of disturbance, I should have known you were involved."

"Hi Thursday. You're looking well. Haven't changed a bit since I saw you last.  Although I'm a bit confused as this is a scene from a movie, I thought you just handled the literary stuff."

*cue slow saxophone*

Of all the hyper violent pages of fan fiction across the entire Internet, she just had to come walking back into this one. Thursday Next.  She was a copper. Retired British military and now member of SpecOps, Literary Division. We'd crossed paths over the years as characters in written stories are want to do. She was married, two kids or three depending on what she was believing that day.  That didn't stop me from thinking she was one of the most beauti--

"Reddy, skip this nouveau noir thing you got going on here and get back to the fun. You're kinda killing the vibe."

"Well you killed James freakin' Bond!"

*sighs* "Just get on with it."

Fine, skip to the end it is.

So Megan didn't kill the guy, just messed him up bad. Thursday sent this version ahead in the story to the confrontation with Kurgan and takes that version and puts him here. No harm, no foul. She yells at me and tells me I better not see her at a crime scene again. I make my apologies and head back to the car. I open the trunk (boot? Why do y'all call it a boot?)  just to make sure there's not an oscillation overthruster hiding on board. and to stash something.

"Reddy, you didn't"  she says barely containing her laughter.

"Do I look that guilty?"

"Yes. You do. Tell me you didn't."

Shit she knows. I can't lie to her.

"Yes. I did. I--"

" fucked that hot cop back there?"

" --took..wait..what? No..NO!  She's just a friend. "

"Then what did you do that's got you lookin so guilty?"

"I grabbed Ramirez's sword."

And with a loud delightful cackle, we were back on our way....

somewhere...

Trust me, we'll get to London eventually.

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 02:10:43 AM »
See, all the signs were there.

My Mom is from the Old Country (Slava Ukrayini!) like my Babusya. But my Pop? He was Irish, through and through. He was an Eastern Oregon farmer, but his family was so auld Irish that his father still referred to putting butter and salt on food as "kitchening". They were so Irish that they carved turnips instead of pumpkins at Halloween. They ate colcannon that's made with lovely pickled cream, and the greens and scallions mingled like a picture in a dream. So I should've known it, right. From the signs.

The first and most relevant sign was "Stena Line Cairnryan", that was posted on the dock I drove us down as I accelerated onto the ferry, amidst screams and people diving out of the way and scattered luggage and general disarray (That's also my military rank when Gems and I do Grand Army roleplay in bed. She's Private Parts).

"Megan, this looks like a ferry."

"Everything up here looks like Faerie, Reddy. It's very fae territory."

"That's ... okay, that's kind of a reach for wordplay which isn't that great to begin with, and we're still on a ferry."

"YOU'RE ABOUT TO HAVE A FAIRY ON YOUR FACE IF YOU DON'T SHUT IT."

He wisely didn't ask whether I meant the Black Eye Fairy who grants black eyes to naughty children by kissing them on the eye, or whether I was referring to a lesbian sitting in a breath-depriving way on his face. It was both. I meant both.

The next sign and portent I should've foreseen was when we drove down the Stena ferry ramp and blazed past the Garda just pulling up to question the people about the madwoman driving an LFA, roaring through downtown Belfast. "Belfast", the sign said. That really should've told me something.

"Megan, I am at least 90% sure that London is not in Ireland."

I flapped a hand airily, gunning the roaring beast through Donegall Square so fast that I sent flat caps flying like leaves in autumn. "It's the UK, Reddy. Everything is basically like right next to everything else. Basically."

Then it started raining, on a clear and sunny day, and that REALLY should have been a sign, see. Pop warned me about that specifically a bunch of times. When it rains while the sun is out, that means they'll go roaming in the moonlight.

But I didn't watch the signs. I didn't even really watch the road. I was still kinda pissed off about that old Scottish Egyptian I had to backdrop driver back there in the Highlands, but I was also thinking about how GOOD it had felt. I'd had to duck around that guy AND hoist him up, and my knee had barely complained. The adrenaline had fed off the pain and shaped it, molded it. That was good. I wanted to WRESTLE, god damn it, and I wanted to put on a good fucking show. I wanted people to watch YouTube clips of this match after we finish and be like "Oh, shit, that was awesome!" and not like "Aw, good for her with her bad knee" like I'm fuckin' Andre in All-Japan in 1991. So I was on EDGE and when I'm on edge normally I hit the heavy bag or kick Beat-Em-Up Bob or tackle Gemma through the Tackling Wall we had built to save on reconstruction costs for when Calli or Lisa Starr come to visit or I go for a run so fast and furious that I end up nine miles away steaming like a drafthorse. But I can't do any of that shit right now, so instead I just drove really fast without looking where I was going.

We ended up needing gas and food eventually, so we stopped in Dundalk as the night fell and I filled up the Lexus' hungry tank with one of Gems' platinum cards (I had my own, but it was more fun to steal hers. She kept a few extra accounts open just so I could steal her cards. Her accountant hates us) while Reddy went across the road to the Windsor to procure us beer and sustenance. I asked for Skittles. I like it when life is all Skittles and beer. Plus if you put the candy IN the beer, you get Skittlebrau, preferred drink of dreaming nuclear safety inspectors.

Naturally, Reddy was taking forever, probably because there were freckled redheads in the bar for him to talk to about whatever it is gingers talk about en masse (probably how sunblock is too expensive - she said, putting on her expensive tattoo-protecting SPF 150). I got bored and stomped down the road, turning down a path at random and walking past the shops along the main drag into the hills with the stars twinkling overhead - I wasn't worried about Reddy leaving without me, both because he was a beloved and loyal dear friend and because I had the car keys - because I was thinking about whether or not I could do a flying headscissors at all. A 'rana was right out (too much tension of the Achilles tendon), but maybe that old Ricky Morton rolling side headscissors thing ...

"You are new here, I think."

I blinked. There was a stone gate to my right, leading up to what looked like an old house that had sort of fallen by the wayside. If there was anyone living there, they weren't doing much - but the gate was still standing neatly, stoned joined smooth and dove gray. On the left of the gate was a heap of jagged rock, curiously out of place. On the right was a little bench, and curled up on it was a black dog. Perky little thing. Big floppy ears with curly tufts that popped up alertly, big brushy tail that curled over its back, and a white chest like an Australian shepherd. Or a penguin. I grinned at the little dog while glancing around for the itinerant Irish wanderer who'd addressed me, possibly from behind the stone wall, only for the dog to gently clear its throat to draw my attention back to it.

"Many years ago," it said with a musical lilt, "I used to live in this house."

"... well, fuck."

The signs were all there. I really should've known.

"So anyway, there was nothing for it," I explained to Reddy as we headed down the M1 towards Drogheda. "It was a fuckin' pooka. I shoulda KNOWN, but I talked to him, an' since he was sitting on the right side of the wall I figured he was okay, and he really only wanted to know if we could get him as far as Dublin."

Reddy stared blankly at me. More blankly than usual. He was driving now since he didn't drink and I wanted to enjoy my Skittlebrau. Apparently he'd had a bit of trouble getting the Skittles, since at first when he'd asked they'd brought him a bunch of tiny bowling pins. I drank back my Harp with a bag of Skittles in it, enraging everyone everywhere, and peered back at Reddy, eyebrows raised. This was pretty basic stuff for Ireland, really.

"If this is an elaborate set-up for a joke, I don't get it."

"The POOKA, Reddy." I jerked my thumb at the grinning black dog curled up at the rear console between the LFA's seats.

Reddy glanced, not seeing a thing.

"Megan, I feel like I should probably take your beer away, but last time I tried that you separated my shoulder."

"Fuckin' right," I growled. I glared back at the pooka, its golden eyes shining gently. It was still grinning. Pookas REALLY think that invisibility shit is funny.

"And you're an ass."

"Nope. A dog." It replied primly. I snerked and poured some Skittlebrau into my empty takeaway tray of boxty, and set it down on the console. Reddy glanced sidelong and cleared his throat but didn't say anything - until the beer and candy vanished from the tray.

"... well fuck."

"Don't curse in front of the pooka."

"Aye. It's bad fookin' luck."
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
So...Ireland. The Home Country. Well one of them for me. Grandma Enforcer on my dad's side was from Eire which explains the ginger hair I have sported pretty much since birth. And the fact that I've been called Red just as long. And also why when I was put into a tag team of masked wrestlers in my early days in Mid-Atlantic, I was given the red mask while my partner got the black mask. You tend to roll with nicknames or lean into them as the kids say these days. It gets you respect from the older crew.

Anyways, I couldn't remember much about Grandma Enforcer short of the stories my dad would tell of a strong woman with bright red hair who would ride herd on her boys with eyes of lightning and a shillelagh of blackthorn with a knob the size of a baseball that she would crack on their asses or heads as needed. My dad loved his mother and when she passed all he asked for was that shillelagh.  Which is now in my possession once he passed. And, knowing Megan and knowing I was going across the pond for possibly the only time in my life, I decided to take Grandma Enforcer's shillelagh with me. I knew I couldn't get it on in my bag, so I got an old knee brace out and hobbled onto the flight with it. Then after the airport I put it in my travel bag.

We get to Ireland and I have to say it's as lovely as it looked in the movie The Quiet Man my dad loved so much. (John Wayne as an Irishman. Sure. But the cinematography was outstanding. And Maureen O'Hara.....anyways..) And of course Megan had to have some beer. She decided to send me for it, since Megan + bar especially after a scuffle = major damage...mostly to Gemma's bank account. I decided to hit the trunk first and get the shillelagh out.  I'd come to start callin' her Bess. Not sure why, just felt right. Bess and I got to the bar and I got recognized immediately as a foreigner.

One thing people like to do when they realize you don't speak their language is to use it to talk about you when you're standing right there. Now, I never learned Tagalog, but my mom and her friends would talk about me all the time with me sitting there. If you are curious like me, you learn pretty quickly to read people's body language. That also helps out in wrestling as one little hitch or hiccup can let you know what your opponent's weak spot is.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I looked like a rube to these folks and when I asked for beer and Skittles, they decided to see if I could take a joke. They brought out some pins and a beer and I ended up playing a few games. I honestly don't know the rules, didn't care. I had the charge card so it wasn't my money they were bleeding from me. After a bit they realized I'd been a good sport and handed me the beer and actual Skittles candy. But the waitress noticed I hadn't touched the original beer and asked me about it. I said, "Oh, I don't drink." 

You could hear a pin drop.

I found myself clutching Bess tightly as everyone's eyes narrowed. The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Then this English guy in a white trenchcoat comes up to the bar and grabs the beer and downs it in one very long swallow.
Gulp
Gulp
Gulp
Gulp
Gulp

You get the idea.

"That just means more for me then."

And suddenly the bar erupts in laughter. I lean in over the cacophony of guffaws and say to the stranger

"I appreciate the help."

"These Irish take their drinking seriously."  He nodded over to Bess and said "but I bet you know that.  Grandmother's?"

I nodded.

"Reminds me of one I'd seen in....another place in another time.  Take care of yourself out here, friend. All kinds of spooks are about."

"Thanks again. My name's Red." and I held my hand out to shake.

"John. And...here's my card. In case you run into something...strange."

I smiled and took his card, the beer and Skittles and skeedaddled. John Taylor, private investigator. I tucked his card away. You never know.

When I got into the car, I knew something was off. Not my driving. Megan seemed a bit, distracted.

Then she mentioned the pooka.

I'd heard stories of pookas. They can be hobgoblins or fairies or any kinds of spirits roaming. I was just hoping she was kidding to try and rattle me. I'm not too superstitious, but man have I seen things. Anytime you deal with the Fae, you have to remember two things.

1. Don't eat anything they offer.
2. Treat them like you would an opposing lawyer.

The Fae do so love mischief and if you're unlucky, destruction. They can tie your shoes together or make you trip into broken glass. And if you ever try to cut a deal with them, you better damn well have the exact wording down and any fine print examined because they will trip you up worse than Apple's EULA. 

When I saw the beer disappear, I knew Megan wasn't kidding. It's then that I was glad that I tucked Bess on the inside of the door next to the seat where I could grab her if needed.

"Now that I know you're here, could you at least let me see you?"

And this black dog appears out of nowhere with a cheesy, slightly buzzed grin on his face.

"Please tell me you're more Harvey and less Mab?"

The dog's tongue came out of his mouth and licked up beer from his hair before he replied.

"That would be telling."

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »
Megan "Punky" Rox-Dow ate with relish the inner organs of beasts and fowls. She liked thick giblet soup, nutty gizzards, a stuffed roast heart, liverslices fried with crustcrumbs, fried hencods' roes. What she wasn't in the fucking mood for was grilled mutton kidneys which gave to her palate a fine tang of faintly scented urine, because who the fuck wants to eat urine. So she had double bacon instead. No, triple. And streaky bacon, not that big slab stuff they ate over here. This bed and breakfast at least got that part right. And the giblet soup kicked ass.
Kidneys were in her mind, mostly about how she enjoyed punching them on other people, as she moved about the kitchen softly by her standards, only causing the occasional crashing clatter, righting her breakfast things on the humpy tray. Gelid light and air were in the kitchen but out of doors gentle summer morning everywhere in Dublin. They were in Dublin now, in case that wasn't clear. This was some little backwater B&B in Wood Quay on the bricky side of Dublin. The kinda place where you made your own breakfast, but at least they had roast heart.
The coals were reddening.
Another slice of bread and butter: three, four: right. Reddy didn't like his plate full first thing in the morning. Said it made him feel heavy. Right. That didn't apply if he were at the Waffle House, natural. Then it was a whole new set of butter pats. Reddy was sleeping in after a night of romp with the pooka. She turned from the tray, lifted the kettle off the hob and set it sideways on the fire, and thought again that maybe they should have found somewhere a little less fucking rustic to stop for the night. Who the fuck uses fire to make tea in this day and age. Whatever. At least the liverslices fried with crustcrumbs were pretty boss. The kettle sat there, dull and squat, its spout stuck out. Cup of tea soon. Good. Mouth dry. Too much fucking whiskey. The pooka walked stiffly round a leg of the table with brushy tail on high.
-Mkgnao!
-For the last fucking time, I don't speak Gaelic, Mrs Rox-Dow said, turning from the fire.
The pooka snorted disdainfully in answer and stalked again stiffly round a leg of the table, chuckling. Just how Megan stalks over to Gemma's writingtable. Prr. Scratch my head. Prr.
Mrs Rox-Dow watched curiously, kindly the lithe black form. Clean to see: the gloss of his sleek hide, the white button under the butt of his tail, the golden flashing eyes. She bent down to him, her hands on her knees, including the braced one.
-Milk for the pooka, she said.
-Fookin' hell, I want beer! the beast cried.
They call them faeries. They understand what we say better than we understand them. She undestands all she wants to. Vindictive too. Cruel. Her nature. Curious mice never squeal. Seem to like it. Wonder what she looks like to him. Height of a tower? No, he can jump her, as she has jumped so many before, oft backstage.
-Afraid of the Enforcer he is, she said mockingly. Afraid of the Reddy. I never saw such a pussy pooka as the pussens.
Cruel. Her nature. Curious mice never squeal. Seem to like it. Was mocking faeries a good idea? Who's to say. Not me. I'm just a narrator.
-That's a damned lie! the dog said loudly.
He blinked up out of his avid shameclosing eyes, growling plaintively and long, showing her his milkwhite teeth. She watched the dark eyeslits narrowing with greed till his eyes were yellow stones. Then she went to the dresser, took the jug Hanlon's milkman had just filled because apparently there's still milkmen in Dublin and here she was only used to Dead Milkmen, and poured warmbubbled milk on a saucer and set it slowly on the floor.
-FREE MILK! he cried, running to lap.
She watched the bristles shining wirily in the weak light as he tipped three times and licked lightly. Wonder is it true if you clip them they go soprano. Why? Dogs sing in the dark, perhaps, for tips. Or only faeries sing in the dark, perhaps.
She listened to his licking lap. Ham and eggs, no. No good. No good eggs in this joint. Want pure fresh water because she was hung over and Dublin's tap water was the color of ouisgeah. Thursday: not a good day either for a mutton chop at Buckley's. Fried with butter, a shake of pepper. Better a pork chop at Dlugacz's. While the kettle is boiling. He lapped slower, then licking the saucer clean. Why are their tongues so huge? To lap better, all floppy disdain. Nothing he can eat? She glanced round her. No.
On quietly creaky Wolverines she clomped up the staircase to the hall, paused by the bedroom door. He might like something tasty. Thin bread and butter he likes in the morning after he's taken a beating, and that pooka put him through a wall. Still perhaps: once in a way.
She said softly in the bare hall:
-I'm goin' round the corner. Be back in a minute. I'll see if I can find some fuckin' decent sausage. The kind with fatty bits and green flecks.
And when she had heard her voice say it she added:
-You don't want nothin' for breakfast?
A sleepy soft grunt answered:
-Mn.
No. He didn't want anything. She heard then a warm heavy sigh, softer, as he turned over and the loose brass quoits of the bedstead jingled. Must get those settled really. No idea what a fucking quoit was but apparently they'd paid extra for a room with quoits on the bedstead. Wonder what her father would think of that. Old style. Ah yes! of course. He'd bought it at the policeman's auction, all woody and brassy for the farm. Got a short knock. Hard as nails at a bargain, old Pop. Yes, sir. At Bend that was. She rose from the ranks, sir, and she's proud of it. Still she had brains enough to make that corner in lunatic purplehaired wrestlegirls. Now that was farseeing.

Just in cases none of this was so clear as it could be: Punky and Reddy have made it to Dublin and crashed at a B&B, where Reddy is recuperating after rough-housing with the pooka who has hung around despite promising he only needed a ride to Dublin. Now she's eaten a bunch of fried organ meats for breakfast and is off to try to find something Reddy wants to eat.

This may have been a trifle obtuse.

Dublin has that effect on some people.

This is still a wrestling story. Don't worry. We'll get there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:07:26 PM by ThePurpleVixen »
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
The Previous Evening

Translating Drunky Dow is a chore. I was driving (finally) but not as fast as she would've liked (I tend to keep vehicles to double digits speed wise).  Add to that, I wasn't sure where we were going. She mumbled out something that sounded like "bed and breakfast" then collapsed into snores. Irish beer and skittles are a powerful brew. Plus I think they made it extra strong as a gag on me for saying I didn't drink.

On the road in Ireland without a map or smartphone handy and my navigator passed out. I looked over at the pooka.

"Any ideas?"

"I know a place. But it's a strange journey."

I laughed because ever since I showed up at Rox Manor this has been one strange journey.  But knowing the Fair Folk and how they love to play with words, and remembering how my dad told me to never volunteer for anything, I chose to dig deeper.

"Define 'strange'"

"Well it involves knowing our destination and taking the time it would take to go there and the space between us and that location and folding both of those planes onto themselves in such a way that we can go from  A to Z without bothering all the hops in between.   I could go more in depth, but you dunna strike me as a Hawking."

"So wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey?" I said looking ahead at the lovely Irish night, full of a waning moon and bright stars. Something you don't really see in the city. I'm a country boy at heart even if that country is a whole ocean away from my home.

The pooka snorted through his doggie nostrils. I wasn't sure if that was a chuckle or derision. I let it slide because my joke wasn't really that funny.

"So...what's the catch? There's always a catch" and with the Fae, there always was a catch.

"The human brain. It isn't made to process the sensory information contained in the warp field. For sleeping drunkly over there, time passes in an instant, but for wide awake you and someone does still haveta drive, you'll experience....strangeness. It's different for everyone as your brain is different from other peoples. Probably the only person I've ever seen not come out the other side changed forever was that Ginsberg fella who was already properly fooked when I met him."

Great. It could be hundreds of miles to the next place with lodging, we've got a half a tank of gas, a passed out navigator, it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.

"Hit it."

The pooka laughs. And suddenly...everything.....changes.

No car. No Megan.

Just me and the pooka. In a field.

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a pooka coming down along the road and this pooka that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named Red Enforcer

I shook my head. Couldn't afford to get drowned in a stream of consciousness.  The pooka looked rattled.

"I shouldn't be here. Why am I here? How did you drag me along? Fookin' hell, what's that stick you're holding?"

I didn't realize it, but while driving with one hand, I had reflexively gripped my gran's shillelagh. It now had a glow about it. And the pooka is here. And scared.  That makes me worried.  Before us is a path. The sky looks like the set designer for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory provided the storyboards for this place.

"I guess we go forward."

The car just appears from nowhere, as if blinked into existence. There's a snoring, blissfully ignorant woman in the passenger seat and a frazzled ginger man behind the steering wheel. Both hands gripping a shillelagh like a baseball bat. In the backseat, with his haunches up is the pooka, teeth bared and looking ready to pounce.  After a couple of beats, man and dog both remember to breathe again.  They relax and the man opens the door and slowly uncurls from the car, grip still white knuckle strength on the cudgel he's carrying.

"Fookin' Hell man. What kinda demons do you carry around with you in your brain? I've never seen such beauty be so...so..evil...you clearly have issues."

I know. I think everyone does. Mine scar me. Make me feel the need to hide behind masks. I rest gran's shillelagh on one shoulder as I let go with one hand. That now free hand moves onto the purple mop of hair that rests along the door, softly stroking...combing that tuft of hair with care.  Fingertips resting on the soft cheek. She doesn't stir. Let her sleep. Looking down and smiling at her. Such a beautiful woman. Such a tender soul. She covers it up with brass and volume and outrageousness.  But there it is all the same.

I go to the door of the bed and breakfast the pooka brought us to. I hold up the cane to strike the door with the knob but I pause and turn to the dog who has finally gotten out of the car and stretched a bit.

"Any tricks here?"

"No. No tricks here. I've had too much of the shenaxxxxns tonight to endure any more. Even us Fae can get worn down. That being said,
 I think I'll keep my distance from you all the same."

Fair enough I say. It's crazy in my own head for me. I can't imagine what it must look like for an immortal trickster. I end up knocking on the door with the cane and I am greeted with a lovely face crowned with the reddest hair I've ever seen in person.  The green eyes met my brown eyes and she broke out in a smile.

"Well now, do we have a merry wanderer of the night?"

Before I could reply, she looked past me and noticed the pooka. I don't know how she saw him, but since this was the place he recommended, I shouldn't have been surprised. She nodded his way and then turned to face me again.

"Will it be just you for the night then?" and her smile got broader.

I gave her my most suave and debonair look while raising an eyebrow and smiling and saying just the most amazing words to impress and flatter this lovely Irish lass.  ----is what I wish happened.

Instead it was more of:

"Uhhh...well...see...uhh...M..meg...n.nnno...ummm...Megan...girl..there..." with me raising my gran's cane and using it to point behind me at the rough direction of the car.

The pooka put his head down and murmured something like "..can stand up to a fookin' ogre clan but falls apart in front of a pretty face.."

I somehow get my legs to move and turn back to the car. I try to wake Megan, but she's done. What is in this beer?  I open her door and take her in my arms, a nice wistful smile as I remember the first time I had to carry her like this.

She'd jacked up her ankle in Matthews, or was it Concord? And she was dead set on walking to the back. I gave her side support till we got to the makeshift curtain (It was one of those theater class, big heavy drapes on a metal support which we got from the high school when we set up the ring in the gym) and once we got out of sight, I just scooped her up in my arms. At first she yelled at me bloody murder, all kinds of curses and how dare I and all this while fighting tears of immense pain. I ignored her of course and took her to the basketball training room where I could help her take a look at that ankle. It blew up like a beach ball and got as purple as her hair is now, but she didn't break anything. She taped up and went full bore the very next night.

Because that's just how she is. When it's something she's passionate about, she's all in. No matter what. That includes the people she loves. This crazy, wild haired, wilder eyed buzzsaw of a woman. She isn't perfect by any means. She'll have times when you can't find her, when the melancholy hits her. She's brash. Sometimes too hot. Sometimes too cold. But she's my friend and I love her, warts and all.

I think some of that shone on my face when I got back to the door. The lovely lady looked at Megan's hand which was swatting invisible flies or something and saw her ring, then looked up at me and got a slight frown.

"Oh...no...she's got a wife...just friends..."

And like that, her smile returned. She showed me to the rooms she had and I gently placed Megan on top of a nice bed and tucked her in after removing her boots. I left the rest on and glared at the pooka who had entered the room, as if daring him to touch her. After giving me a nod, he shrank back in the corner and curled up for the night. 

The innkeeper showed me my room and man did that bed look comfortable. Before I knew it, I staggered in past the threshold and started pulling my shirt off.

With it covering my face and over my arms like someone on the wrong end of a hockey fight I turned back and said.

"Thank you very much! This looks like exactly what I needed."

Before I could get the shirt off, I could feel a pair of soft hands slip around my waist, gently gliding over my hips and around to where their warmth met my abs just briefly and slid down to the belt at my waist. I could feel the belt being loosened.

"Are you sure a bed is all you needed?"

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
Sidenote: Thanks to everyone who is reading and enjoying this crazy ride.  We'll get to London eventually.

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »
First things first.

I had to run.

It had been a long fuckin' drive. Real long. From Cardiff through Wrexham and somehow up through Gretna Green and then the Highlands and back down through Galloway to Portpatrick, then over the ferry to Belfast and down to Dublin and that was all in basically one fucking day, or maybe it was two. Felt like a few weeks. In either case, it'd been a long god-damn drive and the only exercise I'd had was when I murdered Sean Connery (before Red's weird fictional girlfriend fixed him up). I needed to get shit GOING.

Normally my exercise routine is pretty brutal. I like to run for a bunch of miles, in long ground-eating strides. Then I come back to Rox Manor and I fuckin' hit it in our basement gym — arms and legs, a set of curls, a set of tricep pushdowns, and then grab the bar and squat 40-20-30 and do it over again. I hit that a couple times through, then go in the sauna I made Gemma put down there even though she complained about having Finnish shit in her house. In there, I'll do a couple calf raises, then back out and hop on a treadmill at 15 — that's the highest fuckin' incline it can have while goin' fast. And I keep mixin' it up like that. Short wind sprints. Lateral crunches. Skywalker situps with my legs hung over the chin-up bar. Fuckin' medicine ball and kettlebells like a 1920s strongman. Back to the sauna, out to the pool, back to the machines. I do what I gotta.

So I can't go for the crazy fuckin' run and I've gotta take it a little easier on the treadmill - but I walk my ass into Raw Gym in Dublin and buy the fanciest membership they have, and a headband and a sports bra and one of those wicking fabric tee shirts and running shorts (all in black, natch) since I didn't bring gym gear with me 'cuz fuck it I packed in like 3 seconds. I borrowed a pair of scissors to get rid of the sleeves and lower half of the shirt, as is my wont, and since I don't wear unbranded shit I borrowed some girl's nail polish and wrote PSYCHOPATHIC BRUTALIST on the front in drippy red. Looked good. I always loved that nickname. Gems gave me that one.

Anyway, I went through my circuit, doing all the shit that didn't make my braced knee scream too much. But I could FEEL it shifting. I could feel that cadaver tendon learning what it meant to be in a crazy bitch's leg. Welcome to the party, you fuckin' corpse chunk. You're gonna do shit my way or I'll rip you back outta my leg myself. By the time I was done my leg was trembling and I was dripping sweat and soaked in endorphins and grinning like a god-damn lunatic, so I took a shower, threw my new gym clothes on the locker room floor, and got dressed again, leaving my membership card on the desk when I left since I don't go to fuckin' Dublin much. Kept the tote bag, though.

Now for breakfast for Reddy.

It was actually easier to find a sausage that'd be familiar to a Southern boy in Ireland that it would be in England. And way easier than it would be anywhere in the continental part of Europe. The Irish like to make their sausages with rusk and a little egg binder and a fair amount of spices, so the texture is familiar to someone who came up on Waffle House's sausage links. The trick was to find a butcher who'd make some skinny links up with sage and marjoram since those were the favors prevalent in American breakfast sausage, but no white pepper, nutmeg or ginger, which were the more popular spices in the UK's bangers. A lot of people don't know that. And even more people don't expect to learn that helpful culinary fact in a story ostensibly about wrestling.

I eventually found a likely lad with a crisp white apron and a straw boater over near Smock Alley who made me out a chain of very passable American-lookin' sausages. And then at a little Aldi I was able to get a box of American-style pancake mix from the international section (they called it "Aunt Maple's Pancakes and Waffles Mix", which struck me as kind of offensive but I couldn't really figure out why it would), and a dozen eggs. I even found a can of frozen orange juice, and I didn't feel like making hash browns so I stopped at the Boxty House on the way back to the B&B and got a great big takeaway carton of 'em.

And then a quick stop at a bakery for a small soda bread I wanted for somethin' other'n breakfast, and I popped into the first curio shop I could find to get a souvenir I thought I might need. They had what I was looking for. They were common enough knick-knacks here in the auld country.

So when I got back to the little bed and breakfast, my limp was way more pronounced after that workout and walking a fucking Family Circus dotted line all over Dublin so that I was rolling like a fuckin' pirate. I swaggered in the door with my parcels of groceries and whatnot, and wasn't entirely surprised to see a buxom and sexily disheveled redhead in a green housedress that artfully managed to show the whole length of delicately freckled milky thigh AND an astonishingly deep valley of cleavage lounging at the kitchen table, speaking in some musical language that sounded a trifle older than Gaelic to the pooka who was at her feet and laughing as I came in. I was kinda expecting someone like her - like a mix of Bren Rua and Brigitte Bardot - and I still stopped cold for a second and felt my pierced nipples stir to attention. The sight of her must've hit Reddy like a hod of fucking bricks hitting Tim Finnegan. No wonder he was still in bed if he spent the night tangled up with her. But I shook it off as she tilted big green eyes the shade of a hidden glen up at me, and smiled a smile so warm I could feel it like sun on my skin.

"Welcome, my merry wanderer, to the White Hart, where-"

"Yeah, yeah, I've read it. Thanks f'r not takin' us through Wendel's Door while we were sleeping. I got some groceries since Reddy doesn't like liver an' crustcrumbs as much as me. He's a picky boy, but what can ya do. I dunno how he can turn his nose up at livers and kidneys when I've seen him eat those Big John's pickled sausages from the huge jars." You had to keep talking to keep this type distracted. Both the girl and the pooka were staring curiously at me, with their heads almost identically tilted as I gestured with both hands, grocery bags swinging from my arms. "An' he'll actually eat pimento cheese - like the real fuckin' gloppy stuff - but show the boy an honest gizzard and he gets all squidgy, fuck, I dunno. At least he has good taste in some things," I grinned winningly at the redhead, who managed an alluring smile after re-composing her face from the kind of blank stares I get when my motormouth gets in gear. I set the grocery bags I was toting down as I continued. "But I've still gotta keep an eye on him, y'know how it is, let a masked man wander and ya never know WHERE he'll end up, amirite. Here, put these groceries away? Like one time, we were in Columbus, right, and doin' a weekend stretch and he was booked in a cage match for Saturday, so I told him he oughtta get ready for it so I got him to come down to these batting cages with me at the putt-putt-" I kept rambling as I reached into a bag and passed over the small loaf of soda bread, the green eyes of the fae innkeeper glazing again - and as she took hold of the powdery rustic crust of the small round loaf, I grinned big.

I squeezed, and twisted my wrist, and there was a rich crackle and the smell of fine soft bread - and we were each left holding a torn half of the small loaf. The pooka's doggy mouth dropped open and I stepped immediately up to the redhead, dipping my free hand down into the tote bag and coming up with what I'd bought from the curio shop.

"Looks like we've broken bread under yer roof, sugartits. That means the Seelie Court'll take it real personal if you pull any wicked shit on me, bein' under guestright and all." My right hand came up, holding an old battered iron horseshoe that made the pooka yelp and scamper away. The redhead tried to back away, but I slammed the horseshoe down, pressing it to her wrist, pinning it to the table. There was a faint hiss like water pattering on a hot pan, and she growled, a deep and throaty snarl of a sound with harmonics in it that sounded nothing like her sultry broguish purr from earlier, and tried to pull away - but the cold iron weighed on her like a fuckin' anvil, just like I'd hoped.

"An' THIS is to make sure you tell me the fuckin' truth. My Pop's Da might've been an old nutter who talked to a potato by the time I met him, but he had some shit right."

I took an almost casual bite of the torn half-loaf of soda bread still in my left hand. It was real fuckin' good. Needed butter though. I leaned down, nose to nose with the innkeeper - and with the touch of cold iron on her, the glamour fell away, and showed her for what she was. If anything, she was even more beautiful than her seeming - it was just an unearthly beauty. Great huge eyes like pools in a dark place, luminous hair the dancing colors of a summer fire, angular features that made her seem elfin or alien, and skin like pale softwood, etched with glowing swirls of faint blue. She was taller, more slender, more graceful, with extra joints in her long fingers. "You had better tits as a human," I smirked. Then my gaze sharpened and I leaned closer.

"That man upstairs is my best friend. He's a sweet, gentle, clever fuckin' GENUINE man in a world where that shit is as rare as hen's teeth and fuckin' five star Randy Orton matches," I snarled. I dropped the bread, wrapping my tattooed fingers around her slim neck and cranking her chin up to stare into those big star-dappled eyes. "I love him better'n almost fuckin' anyone I know, an' if you're plannin' to pull ANY shit on him, I'm gonna crack your skull open an' go buy a white wool mob cap so I c'n fuckin' dye it red, get me? So you tell me fuckin' true, you cobwebby tart - do you intend any harm of any kind b'tween heaven and hell to ***** *******?"

I used Reddy's real name. Didn't want her getting fuckin' tricky on me.

She stared with as much pride as she could muster at me with my hand around her throat and cold iron pinning her hand, and she knew she could do me no harm after breaking bread with me. Must've dug at her, since a fae lady like her coulda tossed me through a brick wall if Sir Pratchett's accounting of the Fair Folk had it right. Finally she shook her head, as arrogantly as she could.

"We merely ... passed the time."

I smirked. The cold iron said she was tellin' the truth, as well as she could. That meant she wasn't intending to get a hold of his soul or turn him into a bird or make his feet grow to the size of cartwheels or any of the other shit the Fair Folk think is funny.

"Good. Reddy needed a nice roll in the hay. I hope you were as good a fuck as ya made yourself look, sugartits." Satisfied with taking the last word, I peeled the horseshoe off her wrist, leaving a little curve of angry bruise behind. Whatever. I'd put worse bruises on girls who'd tried to mess with Reddy. I hooked the shoe on my belt, though, just in case she got any funny ideas despite the breaking bread. Then I got on with making breakfast.

A bit later, Red came down, trying not to look immensely satisfied, and I had the table set with pancakes, butter, honey, fried sausage links, and eggs scrambled with milk and shredded Irish cheddar. There was coffee, tea, and orange juice - and I was about ready to eat again after that workout, so that worked out. Our hostess was back in her human glamour, all ample freckled tits and dimpled smiles, and the pooka was keeping a carefully respectful distance from both me and Reddy, sitting like a good boy.

"Mornin', sleepyhead," I chuckled, nudging him towards the table and sitting him down. I took a seat nearby as the innkeeper purred in his ear and made his cheeks color up and helped serve him, and made myself a plate. As the redhead sat nearby, and Reddy tucked into his pancakes, I stabbed a sausage with a fork and held it up consideringly.

"I got a chance for a little girl talk with our hostess this mornin'," I said with so much nonchalance that the sentence almost tipped over. I heard the clatter of Reddy's fork dropping in momentary panic as the innkeeper looked steadily and intently out the window and away from us.

"She seems nice," I grinned, and casually started on my second breakfast.
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »
I must be getting old.

Time was, I could go out and go Broadway for 60 minutes at a show in the main event and leave the crowd happy and head to the hotel and spend the night with an appreciative fan and still be fresh the next day. This morning, I didn't think anything was gonna get me outta bed. Between whatever the hell happened in the Nevernever that got us here and the innkeeper.

The innkeeper. I don't think it's too far a stretch to imagine she's fae. No one could have skin so soft, flesh so tender, smell so sweetly and just be so warm when pressed against you while feeling like a new sensation and yet very very familiar. It was almost as if she were shifting her form in response to my reactions. Which, come to think of it, she probably did. All I know is after hours and hours of.....well, I'm content to be near comatose.

And then the smell hit me. There's few things in this world that can seep into my consciousness and penetrate my brain when I'm tired. Sound? Good luck with something less than the decibel level of an airplane on final descent. Well unless you have somehow copied the voice of my mother or father.  Touch?  Yeah, shaking me doesn't do much good either. But the smell of delicious sausages frying up and sizzling in a pan gets me on several levels. After exercise of the sort I got up to last night, my hunger for food increases exponentially.  Smell also serves as a pointer to memory locations of all sorts. My mom just loved making sausage for me in the morning. I think because they were an easy American food to adapt too and she just loved frying pretty much everything.  My dad would at times take me out for breakfast at the local fast food joint and not even (insert fast food chain here) could mess up sausage biscuits.

Now this is to say that I did not bolt upright like the Undertaker. I still had to slowly rise and work out the kinks and all. And where I am in my life, with the abuse I've heaped up on my body, I sounded like a breakfast cereal myself.  You know, the kind that goes Snap, Crackle, Pop.  I slowly get to where I'm seated on the edge of the bed that's pretty durable considering what we put it through last night. 

I'm naked.  I don't usually sleep naked. I must have been really tired. So usually this doesn't phase me. My jaw drops down and a loan groaning rush of air is sucked in to my body as my back arches and my arms extend out and my eyes shut and I let out a deep yawn. I wipe my eyes again and look about.

No clothes.

My clothes are missing.

Well fuck.

Surely they have to be somewhere around here. I get off the bed and start looking. Nothing in any of the dresser drawers. Nothing out on the table or chairs.

There's nothing around for me to wear. And don't call me Shirley.

Yeah I often joke to myself inside my own head. Usually to keep myself from freaking totally out. The fae. This is part of their mischief.  No physical harm. And in fact if I were a little more DGAF about things, no emotional harm either. Except. Megan.  Despite all the times we shared the road and she toyed and teased me by letting me see flashes of things here and there, I've never ever been completely naked in front of Megan. If this were just me, the pooka and the fae,  no problem, I'm having naked breakfast. But I know for damn sure the reason there's sausage cooking down there is completely Megan.

Fuck.

Time to explore. I take my gran's shillelagh in my hand just in case and I go in the hall of the second floor and look about. I peek in Megan's room just to check, but of course my stuff isn't there. There are doors that are locked. One's a bathroom and there's not even any towels. Fuck a duck. I grasp the handle of one door and Bess starts feeling warm. The door is locked. Probably best if I leave it that way.  Finally there's what looks to be the master bedroom at the end of the hall. Great. Sure enough, it's her room. And no, my clothes aren't here. I let out a big sigh.  However in one of the chairs is laid out a red tartan flannel nightrobe.  I move over to it and Bess...glows.  Hmmm. I approach slowly and touch the robe. It's actually softer than I expected for flannel. And as I stroke it, gran's cane shines a bit. Like it's meeting a familiar friend. Not sure what that means, but it doesn't seem harmful. I still pause a moment.  Accepting gifts from the fae can be tricky. I'm not sure what my status is here or would be seen as from the Seelie Court should things go sideways. And when you've led the type of life I have, you expect everything to go sideways. I take Bess and point her nobby head forward, poking the robe and there's a big flash of light and then things settle down. Bess is...humming in my hand?

"Is this...something from the ******** clan?" I mentioned my gran's family name and Bess glowed in a warm way.  Fair enough. I take the robe and put it on and it felt even better on my naked body. I wrapped myself up in it and it fit perfectly. I exited the innkeeper's room and headed down the stairs. I probably had a bit of a goofy grin on my face as I surveyed the lavish spread in front of me.

Megan gets me. She really does. And she likes for me to be happy.  I probably should tell her about me and the innkeeper before she goes and gets all pitbull level of protective about me. I mean, I'm a grown ass man over a decade plus older than her and she still treats me like her little brother.  This one time I was approached by this gal on the circuit who I had seen on the road over some years but never really interacted with.  She was charming and I figured sure, this can't be bad.  It turns out this person was looking to improve her standing on the circuit and had set up a match with me on down the line figuring that a win over me would really boost her stock. All that is fine and fair play in the wrestling world. Thing is, she decided she wanted to have an advantage on me. So she came onto me to try to get me to not be as sharp in the ring as I usually am.  Megan caught word of this girl trying to use me like that.  Let's just say that she didn't make it to our scheduled fight. The sad thing is, if the girl had just come to me honestly and let me know what was going on with her, I would've had a fun, competitive match with her and done the job. At this point in my career, I'm not going to be the main event. I'm closer to the end than the beginning of my time in the ring. It's that phase where I do what I can to push the younger group of wrestlers forward and help them out in their careers much like the men who shaped my style and knowledge did for me.

Megan loves me. Completely. She's as loyal as they come. That can cause conflict between us at times when I end up taking bookings in more sketchier locations. I'm a pretty open book and I take matches as they come. But every once in a while, I'll end up taking on someone Megan has had issues with. I keep telling her to give me a list of people I should avoid like Low Ki (oh man, I dunno what that asshole did, but yeah, we never speak of him) or El Mal Aliento (she cringes when this guy's name pops up, not sure why. I took him on once when I wasn't at my best, severe head cold. Could barely breathe with my nose so stopped up, but I still put him down) or others but she once jokingly told me "I ran out of space. Text files can only be so big"  And apparently on this trip there's another name to add to that list. Anyways...

All this lets me know I need to come clean with what happened last night.  I don't think Megan would care, but you know it is me and a fae. So, could be a big deal.

"Mornin', sleepyhead," she tells me with a little lilting laugh and a grin that makes my heart feel warm as she urges me towards the grand feast before us. I get settled and this is one of those Megan things.  We have to alternate pulling out the chair. It's Southern manners that I pull the chair out for a woman I'm eatling with and help her get settled. I started to do it the first time for Megan and she looked at me crosswise.

"I can pull out my own chair" she said with a bit of a growl.

To be fair, this was in the 90s and people were still feeling their way through changing societal norms. Of course I think we're still doing that to this day, but I digress. That sparked our first conversation about how I was raised and how she wanted to be treated. Of course she wants to be seen as an equal, stand on her own two feet and such. But by the same token, it's part of my nature to show respect by having a core set of manners. Once she realized my intent wasn't to dominate over her and be all patriarchal, but to show her and other women that sometimes men just wanna do nice things for them, we came to an agreement. And honestly I wish more people would just take a moment to take a breath and just talk out differences and find middle ground on things instead of polarizing into extreme positions, but I digress again.  So over a toast of whatever draft she had and a Dr. Pepper, we decided to alternate who pulled out the chair for whom.  Yeah we get odd looks here and there, but I think for some people, we're making a larger point. Small victories can add up.

So this time, since I did the honors at Nando's, she kindly held the chair for me. As she left, the innkeeper came by my side. Soft lips on my earlobe, that familiar wash of hot breath over my pale flesh, a hint of desire still in her voice that gave me pause. "Your clothes have been washed. They'll be ready for you when you're done eating.  In my room. You know the way."

I blushed pretty hard there. And I was very glad that I was seated so the only thing that could be seen is how pink my cheeks got.  I didn't move right away after and the innkeeper laughed just a bit at me and fixed me up a plate before I finally recovered my composure. I got my pancakes buttered and stacked and cut up and properly syruped when Megan finally decided to chat.

"I got a chance for a little girl talk with our hostess this mornin'," she siad and my fork just jumped out of my hand. Fuck. I fucked up.

"She seems nice," she said and grinned. I felt myself ease up and breathe again hearing that. Awesome. She approves. Looks like we're gonna get out of this without there being a scene.

"Why thank you so much. It has been a..pleasure having you in my home" out hostess said cutting her eyes once at Megan before the pause and staring at me with that sweet smile as she drew out the word pleasure.

Fixing me with that look that made me blush again, she continued, "But I am curious. Who is this Rowan person? You kept saying her name many times last night?"

PTHBBTBBTBTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline NightHawk

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 02:53:13 AM »
Buys a Ticket for the show at the door and proceeds to make my way to my seat in the second row..

Offline Becca Blast!

• God Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 10:26:19 PM »
Wonders how long it will take Hawk to realize the Arena is empty....
You little bimbos can bite me!

Offline NightHawk

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2018, 01:40:56 AM »
Glances at Becca and chuckles. softly..."perhaps you should ask Eva that ...Becca..She beat us both here.. I think I see her sleeping in the front row.."